PDA

View Full Version : Burnet winning state

playa 3
12-09-2003, 09:28 AM
What are the odds of Burnet winning state this year with an undefeated season?

Junkyard
12-09-2003, 09:50 AM
I would say they have a great chance of winning!! But I will not give it to them just yet because anything can happen.

PAINTBALL
12-09-2003, 10:20 AM
The same thing I said about the final four obviously applies to the final two. Both of these teams are Tier 1 teams with each able to beat the other on any given day. When teams in the same tier meet, the game's outcome is usually determined by the coaches' game plan, injuries, mistakes, and sometimes just plain old fashion luck, good or bad. I just have a feeling this is the year for Burnet to finally bring home the ring.
GO BURNET BULLDOGS!!!!!BRING HOME THE RING!!!!!!! GO BURNET BULLDOGS!!!!!BRING HOME THE RING!!!!!!!
GO BURNET BULLDOGS GO BURNET BULLDOGS!!!!!BRING HOME THE RING!!!!!!! !!!!!BRING HOME THE RING!!!!!!!
GO BURNET BULLDOGS!!!!!BRING HOME THE RING!!!!!!!

kaorder1999
12-09-2003, 10:20 AM
i think their odds of winning state with an undefeated record are pretty darn good considering they have one game left and they are undefeated and IF they win state they will be undefeated. They cant win state now and not be undefeated! hehe

playa 3
12-09-2003, 10:25 AM
The state champion will be undefeated no matter who wins, I just wnat to hear some people's opinions on Burnet's chances of beating Gainsville. It sounds like Jasper showed how to slow the Burnet offense down. Shutting down Shipley is going to be a must if Gainsville wants a chance to win. Getting into a track meet with Burnet is not the way to go about trying to beat them. I'm going to have to pick Burnet by 10.

bd0707
12-09-2003, 12:32 PM
playa3 are you aware that over the last 2 seasons Burnet has the best record in Texas. 28wins 1loss (and Counting)

oldengray1
12-09-2003, 12:34 PM
50-50

Old Dog
12-09-2003, 01:45 PM
Looks like this game has the potential to be an old fashioned "knock-down, drag-out". There will be a fair amount of factors in deciding the victor. Most of them seem somewhat even to me. Neither team could have gotten this far without outstanding ability, speed, good coaching and heart.

Here's hoping for no injuries to either side and few penalities.

<small>[ December 09, 2003, 12:47 PM: Message edited by: Old Dog ]</small>

southern_thunder
12-09-2003, 02:06 PM
I am betting on Burnet they are just too hard to control for 4 quarters. The Jasper coaches did and unbelievable job of coming up with an almost perfect game plan and were able to carry it out with kids executing it almost flawlessly and they still came up short with just 17 seconds left on the scoreboard. I dont know anything about Gainesville, but the coaches will have to be at the top of their game and then get the kids to perform at the same level, for the full 48 minutes, you can never let down against Burnet.

My hat is off to the Jasper coaches for what they have done this year when no one in the state thought it could be done with the kids they had returning. If this staff stays together and can put forth this kind of effort next year and get the kids to buy into it again with the experience they gained from this year the sky will be the limit.

Junkyard
12-09-2003, 02:12 PM
Thunder,
I agree not only will the Gainesville players have to be giving it all, the coaches will have to be at thier best.

The Jasper coaches did a great job of preparing their kids to to be able to give their best effort and have the best chance to beat Burnet.
And just came up a little short.

Hupernikomen
12-09-2003, 02:18 PM
Junkyard:
Thunder,
I agree not only will the Gainesville players have to be giving it all, the coaches will have to be at thier best.

The Jasper coaches did a great job of preparing their kids to to be able to give their best effort and have the best chance to beat Burnet.
And just came up a little short.I wasn't at the Everman game last year, nor have I heard how they were able to handle the multi-faceted offense of Burnet. Somebody clue me in on how that game went...Also, seems to me like that Gainesville is probably loaded with a tremendous amount of speed and talent just like Everman was, and Jasper was..should be an interesting game to say the least.

I am pulling for Burnet cause I was so impressed with their fans at the game last year.

Junkyard
12-09-2003, 02:38 PM
Hupernikomen:

Junkyard:
Thunder,

And just came up a little short.I wasn't at the Everman game last year, nor have I heard how they were able to handle the multi-faceted offense of Burnet. Somebody clue me in on how that game went...Also, seems to me like that Gainesville is probably loaded with a tremendous amount of speed and talent just like Everman was, and Jasper was..should be an interesting game to say the least.

I am pulling for Burnet cause I was so impressed with their fans at the game last year.Everman did basically what Jasper tried to do this year. Eat the clock with their offense and play great defense. The key is I beleive is to be able to pressure McGee with just your front 4 or 3 and keep every one else back in coverage. Although Burnet can run effectively if you can take away the pass they will not beat you running the ball, unless they are just better than you.

I too have heard that Gainesville has great speed, but speed alone will not beat Burnet.

playa 3
12-09-2003, 03:19 PM
I agree with this. Burnet has proven they can run, but they have never really had to rely on it. I would like to see someone, like Jasper did, make someone besides Shipley beat them. He is going to catch some balls because he is too good to completely shut down. Force some other guys to play a huge game. Everyone knows Shipley and McGee are big time players. Time will tell. Gainsville has to get pressure on McGee without bringing the entire defense though. If he has time to throw, he will pick Gainsville apart.

LowDownDawg
12-09-2003, 03:25 PM
Southlake Carroll has the best record in Texas for the last 2 years, 30-0, with a championship trophy already in the case.

PAINTBALL
12-09-2003, 03:27 PM
Junkyard:

Hupernikomen:

Junkyard:
Thunder,

I am pulling for Burnet cause I was so impressed with their fans at the game last year.Everman did basically what Jasper tried to do this year. Eat the clock with their offense and play great defense. The key is I beleive is to be able to pressure McGee with just your front 4 or 3 and keep every one else back in coverage. Although Burnet can run effectively if you can take away the pass they will not beat you running the ball, unless they are just better than you.

I too have heard that Gainesville has great speed, but speed alone will not beat Burnet.Unless the front 3 or 4 can put pressure on McGee and help the linebackers with the run, Burnet can and will beat you with the run. Jasper's front 3 did both. The most outstanding performance I have ever seen from three lineman. They deserve Jaspers' game ball in my humble opinion.

playa 3
12-09-2003, 03:45 PM
I would have to say since both teams are 14-0, they can both play every aspect of the game pretty well. This should be a great championship game. I've seen Burnet, but not Gainsville. From what I saw with Burnet, they are very tough. I will pick them to win it in the fourth quarter.

booger1
12-09-2003, 04:58 PM
kaorder1999:
They cant win state now and not be undefeated! heheIf this was the BCS they could!