PDA

View Full Version : Golfers???

RoyceTTU
02-10-2012, 10:21 AM
Pebble Beach

495.00 + 100.00 ish for a caddie. Would it be worth it to you to play the #1 course in the U.S.? I'm going to be in the S.F. area at the end of the month, and it is real tempting to go play there or Spy Glass.

Tin Cup
02-10-2012, 10:30 AM
Do it

jason
02-10-2012, 11:27 AM
if i were there and could actually get a tee time i would do it

Cam
02-10-2012, 11:32 AM
I grew up on a golf course in Houston (Lakeside Country Club). My dad was a greenskeeper. Used to play a ton.....years later, my partner and I even managed to put a golf cart (clubs and all) in the lake at a public course in Lewisville!!!......took a tractor to pull it out!!!.....holy crap we were scared....but now I think back, and it's hilarious......

RMAC
02-10-2012, 11:36 AM
Pebble Beach

495.00 + 100.00 ish for a caddie. Would it be worth it to you to play the #1 course in the U.S.? I'm going to be in the S.F. area at the end of the month, and it is real tempting to go play there or Spy Glass.

If you do, walk it. Guy on The Ticket this morning said it was like he didnt want any hole to end. By walking you'll appreciate the experience more and I'm inclined to agree... And I NEVER walk!!

RoyceTTU
02-10-2012, 11:43 AM
If you do, walk it. Guy on The Ticket this morning said it was like he didnt want any hole to end. By walking you'll appreciate the experience more and I'm inclined to agree... And I NEVER walk!!

If I do, it will definetly be walking hince the caddie fee.

I go out west a few times a year, but have never played there. Not sure I wanna spend 600.00 on a round of golf though.

44INAROW
02-10-2012, 11:57 AM
I'm not a golfer but all 3 of my sons are - I am 100% sure that all 3 of them would play Pebble Beach if they had the opportunity.. no doubt!! My youngest is supposed to play at TPC Sawgrass in Ponde Vera Fl next week.. certainly not as ranked as Pebble Beach but he said it's a nice play to play

ccmom
02-10-2012, 12:07 PM
My husband stayed at a Pebble Beach resort a few years ago and played Pebble Beach and Spanish Bay. It was one of the best experiences of his life...other than marrying me, of course. :)

Gone Fishing
02-10-2012, 08:16 PM
Play it no matter what and walk- WITH A CADDIE!!! And get a good caddie, matter a fact ask the caddie master for a veteran caddie. If possible play Spyglass too with a caddie. Spyglass may be the better course, but of course Pebble has all the real history. Spanish Bay is real fun, it is totally constructed to be like you where "over there" playing. They even imported grasses to make it appear true links golf. Pasa Teimpo is great too if your coming from San Fran. Same designer as Augusta National many moons ago. (McAlister). You can't get on Cypress Point, but it is the best of all, hands down. If you fly into San Fran try to get on San Francisco Golf Club too. Gone Fishing knows his golf.