PDA

View Full Version : So what are you buying/doing for your significant other on Valentine's Day?

Sweetwater Red
02-09-2012, 10:25 PM
And let me save Pancho Villa the trouble.

Coach, I hope your wife likes the new vacuum. lol

toddg
02-09-2012, 10:29 PM
a dozen roses, a box of chocolates, and 2 advil.

Emerson1
02-09-2012, 10:30 PM
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/2361392_460s.jpg

Ranger Mom
02-09-2012, 10:30 PM
I have no earthly idea!!

Neither one of us make a big deal about Valentine's Day....we just never have! At the very least we will send a "Happy Valentine's Day" text to each other...at the most, probably a card!!

We are so romantic!!:p

Ranger Mom
02-09-2012, 10:32 PM
a dozen roses, a box of chocolates, and 2 advil.

That made me laugh!!!

Leopard4Life
02-09-2012, 10:43 PM
I never get my wife anything for Valentine's day, she always buys herself a nicer present than I would rather spring for... wait, I guess I do get her a nice gift.:)

Ranger Mom
02-09-2012, 10:53 PM
I never get my wife anything for Valentine's day, she always buys herself a nicer present than I would rather spring for... wait, I guess I do get her a nice gift.:)

LOL!! My daughter in law went to the mall today to buy herself a Valentine's Day gift from my son!! Those are the best kind, you can get EXACTLY what you want. The hubby and I tend to do that at Christmas.....although, I have to admit he surprised me with a Kindle Fire this past Christmas...and I love it!!

bobcat1
02-09-2012, 11:41 PM
Mine will be getting Chocolate covered strawberries, flowers, liquor and a good night's sleep.:wave:

buckeyebob
02-10-2012, 05:59 AM
I got mine a new faucet for the kitchen...& before everyone jumps on me, it is a nice one from the plumbing house...so there & and a card.

LH Panther Mom
02-10-2012, 06:19 AM
A heart shaped box of either Godiva or Ghiradelli chocolates & a card. That's the buying...the doing is a secret. ;)

LH Panther Mom
02-10-2012, 06:19 AM
I got mine a new faucet for the kitchen...& before everyone jumps on me, it is a nice one from the plumbing house...so there & and a card.
I would love a new kitchen faucet!

'Necks 2013-14
02-10-2012, 08:28 AM
We are headed to L'Auberge du Lac 2-nite for an early Valentine's getaway!! Can't wait to donate to the La. economy!! But hoping to at least break even!

GrTigers6
02-10-2012, 08:32 AM
I will be giving her a night out with the man of her dreams!. Now Im just waiting to see if she picks me!:D

Gsquared
02-10-2012, 08:34 AM
I asked mine what she wanted and she said a card and dinner would be nice. She asked me what I wanted I just told her I just want to be left the hell alone.

Old LB
02-10-2012, 08:41 AM
I asked mine what she wanted and she said a card and dinner would be nice. She asked me what I wanted I just told her I just want to be left the hell alone.

You probably need some Keith Stone classes.

Gsquared
02-10-2012, 09:16 AM
You probably need some Keith Stone classes.

Even Keith Stone needs quiet time.

buckeyebob
02-11-2012, 05:06 AM
That just the way I roll...a true romatic...I got her a new toilet for Christmas...chair height & power flush...I use it when she is not looking.

ExScoop
02-11-2012, 10:31 AM
Just a nice card and take her out to dinner to a restarurant that won't be jacking up their prices for one day.
As usual, they all wil be packed-Since we are without jobs, we'll eat very cheap and stay in Wharton County

Old Tiger
02-11-2012, 10:42 AM
Taking her to see Kyle park

Rabid Cougar
02-11-2012, 01:50 PM
A brand New John Deer yard tractor!!!!! Has a cup holder too!

skins4life
02-11-2012, 09:20 PM
Sent my wife to Florida for her mother's 70th surprise birthday party.

AP Panther Fan
02-11-2012, 11:03 PM
Sent my wife to Florida for her mother's 70th surprise birthday party.

Mine gets a ride home from the airport at about 10:30 pm (from Florida) Tuesday night.

3afan
02-12-2012, 09:58 AM
me .

BaseballUmp
02-12-2012, 05:50 PM
Taking her to see Kyle park
Haha dude I'll be there too. Hoping for a little after party as well

skins4life
02-12-2012, 06:41 PM
Mine gets a ride home from the airport at about 10:30 pm (from Florida) Tuesday night.

Mine doesn't fly in til Friday (DFW). So I'll be going to bed early.

zebrablue2
02-12-2012, 06:54 PM
me .

LOL, :iagree: Was thinking of letting her cook my dinner, and having the pleasure of my company while enjoying it. Boy am I in trouble with the ladies of the board now???:)

Old Tiger
02-12-2012, 09:05 PM
Haha dude I'll be there too. Hoping for a little after party as wellgrove?

neck_06
02-13-2012, 03:15 AM
Well I can think of three things I'd like to do. One would involve some ice cubes and a nine iron. Two would include a buffalo, live or stuffed, preferably stuffed for safety sake.. And three, we bring back some of those ice cubes and switch it over to a pitching wedge...

neck_06
02-13-2012, 03:18 AM
For those of you who are horrified after reading that: that's not my actual plan...that's a quote from Billy Madison. Lol.

The fiancée and I are planning on staying in and relaxing.. Dinner and a movie (both of her choice...I'm cooking). Nothing too big, just glad to finally be together in the same city (we've both been traveling quite a bit lately).

buckeyebob
02-13-2012, 05:50 AM
For those of you who are horrified after reading that: that's not my actual plan...that's a quote from Billy Madison. Lol.

The fiancée and I are planning on staying in and relaxing.. Dinner and a movie (both of her choice...I'm cooking). Nothing too big, just glad to finally be together in the same city (we've both been traveling quite a bit lately).

Fried?

pancho villa
02-13-2012, 09:31 AM
And let me save Pancho Villa the trouble.

Coach, I hope your wife likes the new vacuum. lol

I got her that last year. This year I am going to get her new tires for her car. and if she is lucky I throw in a six pack.

waterboy
02-13-2012, 12:09 PM
I'll be buying all three of mine supper. It's half-price burger night at the Sonic!:inlove:

BaseballUmp
02-13-2012, 11:15 PM
grove? That's a possibility lol

pirate4state
02-13-2012, 11:54 PM
I got her that last year. This year I am going to get her new tires for her car. and if she is lucky I throw in a six pack.

Now THAT IS special!!! :thumbsup:

Tejastrue
02-14-2012, 12:22 AM
Many years past the "holiday, need to impress stages" of our marriage. We both know we love each other deeply. It does not hurt (and is wise) however to occassionly say so with a card or such. So...maybe some flowers, (nothing fancy) some Godiva chocolates and two cards, 1 funny and 1 serious. It is those rare occasions that I enjoy seeing her laugh and cry.

GrTigers6
02-14-2012, 08:38 AM
I wrote her a poem, She loved it and it cost me nothing! except a little time.

MGAR
02-14-2012, 09:15 AM
I wrote her a poem, She loved it and it cost me nothing! except a little time.

You are more dedicated than I am, I would of just googled a poem and change a few things up and passed it off as mine.

44INAROW
02-14-2012, 09:43 AM
I have no earthly idea!!

Neither one of us make a big deal about Valentine's Day....we just never have! At the very least we will send a "Happy Valentine's Day" text to each other...at the most, probably a card!!

We are so romantic!!:p
pretty much the same here. He is very thoughtful though - he gets my mom and his mom both flowers or some kind of plant and personally delivers to them.. that totally makes their day! (and I appreciate SO MUCH, he taking care of my mom) We are going out to dinner tonight though.. (we're still trying to get used to this "empty nest" thing - it's way too quiet at the house)

Mine will be getting Chocolate covered strawberries, flowers, liquor and a good night's sleep.:wave:
nice - never underestimate the value of a good night's sleep!!!!:crazy:

44INAROW
02-14-2012, 09:48 AM

any chance he can sneak my 2 boys home with him? Have fun when he gets home :sleeping:

pancho villa
02-14-2012, 09:55 AM
I just sent a video of my 2nd period students saying "Happy Valentines Day Ms. Villa" on my I phone. She better like it cause it is all she is getting!!!

Cam
02-14-2012, 10:18 AM
I writing my wife a limerick!.......

AP Panther Fan
02-14-2012, 11:38 AM
any chance he can sneak my 2 boys home with him? Have fun when he gets home :sleeping:

I don't think so...his suitcase was full of golf attire, imagine that.

He sent me a text this morning saying "Happy Valantines Day." When I corrected his spelling he said "oh, I sent that to you?".....I told him to go ahead and send it to his gf since she probably can't spell.;):doh:

You can tell we have been married awhile, huh?

Tejastrue
02-14-2012, 11:59 AM
I writing my wife a limerick!.......

There once was a man named Cam
His humor on the downlow he would cram
Wrote a limerick for his wife on Valentines day
From the look on her face he could see her dismay
So that night he sat alone eating Spam.

Phantom Stang
02-14-2012, 12:32 PM
When I corrected his spelling he said "oh, I sent that to you?".....I told him to go ahead and send it to his gf since she probably can't spell.;):doh:

You can tell we have been married awhile, huh?

Spellin aint everthang a man wants in a woman!:D

waterboy
02-14-2012, 12:44 PM
Spellin aint everthang a man wants in a woman
I don't even think that ranks in the top 100 for most of us....!:D

Buckeye1980
02-14-2012, 12:56 PM
I am thinking I will buy her season tickets to the Longhorns.....

greendawg84
02-14-2012, 01:05 PM

Tejastrue , more true words have never been spoken ! :wave:

Cam
02-14-2012, 01:38 PM

LOL!.....you're probly right Tejas....Spam tonight I think it is...I tried to get all mushy with my limerick, but I really struggled with the last line.....so, I just "LET HER HAVE IT"!.......Greendawg, I'm sure you're gonna piss off your wife too, so you're welcome to come over and eat some Spam sam-wiches with me!
Anyway, this was all I could muster up for her: (and Tejas, you should feel privileged to read this, cause I wasn't gonna share it.)

To my darling valentine the only one I love,
You've been my beacon of light as bright as the sun,
I hope you'll be mine for as long as I live,
My everlasting love for you is all I can give.
So tonight I'm gonna give you the big one!!!......

damn!!.....I'm definitely in trouble!!.....maybe I still have time to get another card.....anybody got any white-out??........:confused:

jason
02-14-2012, 01:54 PM
my wife got me 2 dozen prov1's

waterboy
02-14-2012, 02:01 PM
LOL!.....you're probly right Tejas....Spam tonight I think it is...I tried to get all mushy with my limerick, but I really struggled with the last line.....so, I just "LET HER HAVE IT"!.......Greendawg, I'm sure you're gonna piss off your wife too, so you're welcome to come over and eat some Spam sam-wiches with me!
Anyway, this was all I could muster up for her: (and Tejas, you should feel privileged to read this, cause I wasn't gonna share it.)

damn!!.....I'm definitely in trouble!!.....maybe I still have time to get another card.....anybody got any white-out??........:confused:
Hahaha........yep, you may want to use some whiteout on that last line and try again! Bwahahaha....

Phantom Stang
02-14-2012, 02:36 PM

She might ask who you plan to invite over.

Cam
02-14-2012, 02:58 PM
She might ask who you plan to invite over.

lol...certainly not you!!.....:taunt:

jason
02-14-2012, 05:16 PM
what's 6 inches long and not getting any action on valentines day??

whitney houstons crack pipe...

...too soon?...

Tejastrue
02-14-2012, 05:28 PM

Hmmm , why does this remind me of an old Cheech and Chong skit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWMEiNPcc2Q&feature=related