PDA

View Full Version : MARLIN VS NEWTON PREDICTIONS

MARLINFAN
11-18-2002, 08:47 PM
THE GAME THAT ALOT OF PEOPLE HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR IS FINALLY HERE. IN THE LAST FOUR YEARS THE GAMES HAS HAD WILD AND CRAZY OUTCOMES. HOW DO U THINK THIS ONE WILL TURN OUT

big daddy russ
11-18-2002, 08:57 PM
Ohhhhh.... good one. I hate to pick against either team. I'm gonna have to go with Marlin by one in triple overtime, though. How they managed to score only one, I don't know. They're magic or something.

P.S. When and where will this game be played. Please tell me it's on Saturday!!!

eye of the tiger
11-18-2002, 09:04 PM
This has got to be one of the better games this week. The game is 8:00 Saturday at Sam Houston State. Sorry for this cop out, but this game is just too close for me to attempt a guess. Newton is awesome and any team that can beat Ennis is awesome. Sorry you had to play each other so early in the playoffs. Good luck to both teams.

big daddy russ
11-18-2002, 09:09 PM
Woo hoo...

big daddy russ
11-18-2002, 09:16 PM
Woo hoo...

spiveyrat
11-18-2002, 10:21 PM
If no one else will make a prediction... I will.

Newton 17
Marlin 14

Chris Hart
11-18-2002, 10:47 PM
Marlin 27- Newton 13. Both have excellent defenses with a ton of speed. I believe the power running game will gain the advantage in field position for Marlin most of the game, which will lead to a few scores on the short field.

<small>[ November 18, 2002, 09:50 PM: Message edited by: Chris Hart ]</small>

j_dog
11-18-2002, 11:47 PM
Newton 8, Marlin 7

Go Eagles!

Jason1725
11-19-2002, 12:40 AM
If Newton plays like they did last week against Teague I think they are in trouble. But if they come ready to rumble they can win. It will be a good game thats for sure.

SintonFan
11-19-2002, 12:46 AM
Marlin by 9. Gonna be close until the end...

bd0707
11-19-2002, 06:25 AM
From respect comes friendship, Burnet respects Marlin, you are our friends. Newton will be a battle, good luck, I can't wait to hear the outcome. :D

MARLINFAN
11-19-2002, 08:04 AM
OKAY THIS IS HOW I SEE IT. SATURDAY NEWTONS O DIDT ROLL THAT GOOD. BUT WE KNOW THAT TEY WILL COME READY TO PLAY MARLIN SO I SAY 24-21 MARLIN.WHY !!!!.BECAUSE MARLIN HAS A GREAT FIELD GOAL KICKER

oldbuff78
11-19-2002, 08:55 AM
I like the playoff experience in this one, Good luck to both great teams. Newton by 7.

the strength of the eagle
11-19-2002, 09:46 AM
I think this will be a great game.
My predictions are Newton-14 Marlin-7

duckbutter
11-19-2002, 10:26 AM
This will be a defensive battle:
Newton 8
Marlin 6

Festus
11-19-2002, 11:17 AM
Here's the way I see it. These are traditionally two very good football teams. I don't believe either team is as good as they have been in years past. Newton should win if they play the kind of defensive game they are capable of. The offense will still need to score to win. If either Newton or Marlin play like they did last week against two very much weaker teams they will lose.

softball05
11-19-2002, 03:11 PM
eek! I REALLY HOPE THAT NEWTON WINS AND IF THEY PLAY TO THE BEST OF THEIR ABILITIES THEY CAN PULL IT OFF, BUT I DONT THINK I SEE IT HAPPENING

The8thLace63
11-19-2002, 03:56 PM
Newton 21 Marlin 3

PurpleEagles02
11-19-2002, 08:19 PM
I am guessing that this is not being an easy week for Newton in practice...at least it shouldn't be after the way they played Saturday before they decided that they were going to start to play how they really know how. I am hoping that they are really preparing to play a tough game Saturday night. If Newton starts the game playing like they know how then I predict they will come out on top, but if they decide not to start playing until the 2nd half then they have no chance. I know that they are capable of beating Marlin as long as they start the game strong and play tough till the very last second.

GO EAGLES!!

Good luck to Jasper also...ALL THE WAY...EAGLES AND BULLDOGS!!

Puppetmaster101
11-19-2002, 08:44 PM
Festus:
If either Newton or Marlin play like they did last week against two very much weaker teams they will lose.Uhhh hey dude Gatesville is any thing but weak. And the way Marlin played against Burnet hats off to them im behind all the way. Newton has a awsome D so im saying Marlin by at least 7.

BigT 75
11-19-2002, 09:03 PM
I'm guessin that this game is gonna be played at 8:00 P.M. right? I couldn't imagine playin a friggin football game at 8 in the mornin. I really wanna go to this game and check out this Newton defense and see what all the fuss is about. Marlin too.....

The8thLace63
11-19-2002, 09:12 PM
Puppetmast - What he is saying is that Newton and Marlin both played weak opponents last week and supposably didn't play good. Marlin played Hillsboro last round not Burnet or Gatesville. I understand what you are saying even though that was like week 3 or something. Also I heard Marlin center was hurt? Is this a fact?

MARLINFAN
11-19-2002, 09:35 PM
no but i heard and saw that newtons center and tailback #72#2 both had sprained ankles

<small>[ November 19, 2002, 08:36 PM: Message edited by: MARLINFAN ]</small>

southern_thunder
11-19-2002, 09:39 PM
Got to go with the neighbors in a close one.
Newton 28
Marlin 24

The8thLace63
11-19-2002, 09:56 PM
From what I know #2 has had a bad ankle but he is already superfast so I don't know how much it will effect him. #72 from what I know just got hit on his knee pretty good but he is a warrior and I think he will play.

Old Cardinal
11-19-2002, 10:01 PM
I would go with Newton 27 Marlin 14. I think that Newton is the better ball team.

sphinx1906
11-20-2002, 09:29 AM
we appreciate the suppot Old Cardinal and Southern_Thunder, this is going to be a tough one. BigT75 I hope that you will come and see what Newtons defense has to offer. I think there are a few teams around that can back what I say,Newtons defense is pretty damn salty. This will be a matchup between two very talented teams, I just hope that the third time is a charm for Newton.

marlin fan
11-20-2002, 09:39 AM
I would go with Marlin 14 Newton 7

eaglefan24
11-20-2002, 03:30 PM
Well I was at the Newton/Teague game Saturday, and what a game it was. I think Newton definitely took Teague for granted, but give credit to a highly underrated Teague defense. Now for this game, I think Newton will definitely show up for this a lot better than Saturday. But so will Marlin, they always show up. Marlin knows how to play big games and how to beat good teams, just ask the Ennis Lions. Bottom line, I think Tank Smith has a big game but it is going to be Thaddeus Freeman that is the difference for the bulldogs with his speed at the quarterback position. The Marlin defense is better than Teague's and Newton is going to have a tough night. This is going to be a classic game though, but Marlin will pull it out in the end and advance with a 23-17 win.

M Bulldog Fan
11-20-2002, 03:41 PM
This game will be a close one... but i think marlin will pull away... newton has an inconsistent offense... while marlin has continued to put big numbers on the board vs all opponents! marlins defense is pretty salty to go along with their consistent offense. i predict this game to be 24-7... good luck to both teams....

GO MARLIN

RBARKER
11-20-2002, 03:58 PM
I have not seen either of these teams play but Marlin has to have the advantage in this one. The Ennis team that Marlin beat has to be much better than the Jasper team that beat Newton. I have great respect for both of these teams it is a shame that one of them will be sitting out the rest of the year. I will say Marlin by 14.

duckbutter
11-20-2002, 04:51 PM
First of all Marlin is not the only team that knows how to win big games. I also don't think that there are many teams in the state, Marlin included, that can beat Newton with just the run, Newton has posted 6 shutouts this year. If Marlin has a deep threat they had better go to it often or we'll stack 7 in the box and crush the run.

bearkatdad
11-20-2002, 07:12 PM
Sic 'em Newton!!! The Eagles will fly high....Newton 20 Marlin 10

Eagle88
11-20-2002, 08:47 PM
I think that if Newton plays like it did last week will surely regret it. Coach Barbay is preparing them to lead to another victory. I hope they pack up the good team they are on saturday and take home yet another win!!! Go eagles!!

MARLINFAN
11-20-2002, 09:42 PM
hey duckbutter stack 7 in the box and see what happens

St. Ivender
11-20-2002, 10:42 PM
Marlin has had Newton's number in the past. But if history has proven one thing it has been that superior coaching overcomes many obstacles. No one has a winning streak against the Eagles. Newton has a pretty good kicking game as well and very good special teams. I'm going out on a limb and say that the Eagles will pitch the shut-out in this one. Sam Foster is healthy and will run wild.

Newton 20
Marlin 0

nxman
11-20-2002, 11:07 PM
This will be the first game I've had an opportunity to see first hand this year. From what I've heard and read, both teams are packed! I can't think of a better game to watch. I've seen two Newton/Marlin playoff games in the past 4 years, and both were fantastic! This game should be no different. I even conversed with a few Marlin fans after Marlin beat Newton in the two games I saw. Marlin has great fans that have great sportsmanship and are devoted to their team (as it should be). Marlin has been certainly been Newton's nemisis in the playoff picture. But, being a die-hard Newton fan (and a Barbay fan), I have to go with Newton in a tight game and in a great defensive battle. To whoever watches this game along side me, or from across the stadium, I hope we are watching this year's D2 title champs, no matter which team wins.

Newton 14
Marlin 7

And - Old Card, thanks for the vote of confidence! I don't think anyone in this region knows football like you do. I hope your prediction is right!

HotDawg89
11-21-2002, 12:08 AM
Burnet is a super strong team, and Marlin is the ONLY team that Burnet has played that has really given them a fight. Burnet had to work for that win- HARD. The facts are Burnet got lucky in the OT. (Scared the devil out of the fans too!) Marlin almost beat them.

I say Marlin, all over Newton by at least 14.

spaniard
11-21-2002, 01:22 AM
i think this is gonna be a great game, marlin has a great ballclub this year, and from what i hear so does newton. so, im gonna go with marlin bc thats what my gut tells me. and usually my gut is right, if its wrong, then ill just have to get rid of it somehow. anywhoo, i think itll be

marlin 10
newton 8

<small>[ November 21, 2002, 12:26 AM: Message edited by: spaniard ]</small>

PPHSfan
11-21-2002, 01:43 AM
Newton 3
Marlin 0

Try not to fall asleep at this one. :p

PPHSfan
11-21-2002, 01:46 AM
Spaniard

Proverbs 20:29

spaniard
11-21-2002, 01:50 AM
PPHSfan:
Spaniard

Proverbs 20:29youre da man. nice, ill have to try and find one that is harder to find, even if someone uses the internet to find it, not saying you did pphsfan, but you know what im sayin.

<small>[ November 21, 2002, 12:51 AM: Message edited by: spaniard ]</small>

PPHSfan
11-21-2002, 01:53 AM
PPHSfan reads his Bible.

trojandad
11-21-2002, 08:49 AM
is it on the back of the Grecian Formula box?......... NOT THAT I WOULD KNOW, MIND YOU !!!

Compudyne
11-21-2002, 01:38 PM
This one is gonna be close!!

Newton 10
Marlin 0

Good Luck Eagles.

sphinx1906
11-21-2002, 03:00 PM
RBarker, have you been smoking some of that good weed or what? Ennis wouldn't have a prayer against Jasper and the Newton-Marlin game will be one of the best in the state.I don't know how anyone can even make a statement like that. Newton has nothing but respect for Jasper and for Marlin but the eagles are coming to win. I saw the Ennis and Marlin game and Marlin played a damn good game, but Ennis couldn't hold Jaspers jock!Just show up Sat. in Huntsville and see if the Eagles are the real deal or not!

M Bulldog Fan
11-21-2002, 03:14 PM
sphinx1906 have you been smoking that wacky weed... cause ennis and jasper MIGHT be a close game key word might.! if anything else.. ennis would be all over jasper...! and i guess we will see who is the better team marlin or newton this saturday night....

here are some numbers that wont be hard for you to locate ... when you see them running all over the newton defense! 1 2 4 5 7 take your pick!

newton is gonna have to bring there a game vs marlin... marlin isnt any old defense like teague...marlin will be tough to score against...

but good luck to both teams.. and may the best team win ! GO DOGS

sphinx1906
11-21-2002, 03:49 PM
M bulldog you are right about Marlin having alot of weapons and Marlin is a very good team. the game will be great but don't sleep on the Newton defense. they come to play. as far as comparing Marlin to Teague, there is no comparison. Marlin would beat Teague 100 out of 100 times. However the Jasper Ennis situation is different. Jasper is 21 points or more better than Ennis. you think Marlin has weapons, look at Jasper! Newton will have to bring their A game that is for sure, Marlin is the real deal, no doubting that. May the best team win and go on to win state. if you get a chance, go see Jasper in person and then tell me what you think. best of luck.

Eagles44
11-21-2002, 05:09 PM
marlin i have not seen this year but any team that can beat ennis has to be a pretty good team. i saw the teague/ newton game and i wasn't impressed at all in fact i was disappointed. if newton brings teh rush they attemped to bring aginst a weak teague QB then Marlin will walk over them. i don't think i saw the newton team that has played all year long. this will be a very close game.
Marlin 21
Newton 14

PPHSFan obviouly doesn't know about these two teams this will not be a boring game

Festus
11-21-2002, 05:53 PM
The problem with both teams is that you're never sure who's going to show up! I saw Marlin play a much weaker Hillsboro team and have their hands full for much of the game. Newton has the same tendancies against Teague and Woodville. My prediction is that both teams better come to play. If not, the other wins going away. If Newton had Karpel and a couple others healthy and all else is equal, they should win. Without them I think this one will be too close to call.

eagle_fan
11-21-2002, 07:22 PM
well i read all the post and i think newton will come out and play like they did against bridge city ...............same score EAGLES 21,,, MARLIN GOOSE EGG

MARLINFAN
11-21-2002, 11:03 PM
HEY I GOT A ? FOR ALL U NEWTON FANS. OKAY LAST WEEK TEAGUE RAN THE BALL ALL OVER NEWTON. NOT TO DOWN TEAGUE BUT THEY WERE SLOW AND STILL HURTING THE NEWTON D. OKAY MARLIN HAS BACKS THAT ARE RUNNING 4,5 AND 4,6 IN THE 40.DONT YOU THINK THAT YOU SHOULD THINK ABOUT WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF ONE OF THE BACKS FROM MARLIN HITS A HOLE LIKE TEAGUE WILL U CATCH THEM

eagle_fan
11-21-2002, 11:06 PM
NEWTN WILL BE ON MARLIN RUNNING BACKS LIKE WHITE ON RICE

MARLINFAN
11-21-2002, 11:20 PM
YEA AND I BET YOU THOUGHT THAT THEY WOULD DO TEAGUE THE SAME WAY!!!!!!!!

Jason1725
11-21-2002, 11:24 PM
You better hope Newton can hang on to the ball this week. If you fumble like you did last week Marlin wins big. I like the Eagle defense I am just worried about their O.

sphinx1906
11-22-2002, 09:43 AM
MARLINFAN you are not allowed to make any more posts past ten o'clock, you know that is your bedtime! OK since you have it all figured out maybe we shouldn't even show up. I mean Marlin already won right? Newton isn't any good anyway.I can't think of the last time they made it to the playoffs, and that defensive coach of theirs doesn't have a clue does he. How many points has he given up this year anyway? Can't wait until Sat. to see the whipping Marlin is going to give Newton!!!! you have talked the talk Marlin fan, I hope you enjoy your view from Band section, don't drop that Flute!!!

the strength of the eagle
11-22-2002, 11:44 AM
First of all, Newton will put the wipping on Marlin. Second of all, our defensive coach knows what he is doing. Third of all, we have only about 24 points against us. Fourth of all, don't be running your mouth if you don't know what you are talking about.

cntryguy35
11-22-2002, 11:50 AM
OK I am willing to bet that 90% of the people that post on here don't even play. So I say it is time to SHUT UP A PLAY. For all you posters that don't play buy your tickets and go watch a hell of a game.

yoemenkracker30
11-22-2002, 11:51 AM
I haven't seen Newton play but I still think Marlin is too good for them. They have in my mind one of the best secondary's I've seen in a while.
Marlin 24
Newton 14

MARLINFAN
11-23-2002, 02:23 AM
GAME TIME.

bulldog04
11-23-2002, 10:06 AM
2night is the night 2 find out that marlin is going 2 tear up newton just n case u already didn't know that. marlin is more than ready 4 this game and will take advantage of newtons weaker defense.
marlin 24
newton 7

GO DOGS!!! :cool:

MARLINFAN
11-23-2002, 11:37 AM
you will se what were talking about at 8:01

Pudlugger
11-23-2002, 12:29 PM
Let me weigh in here. This is going to be a real smash mouth knock down match between two of the top 3a teams in the state. Both teams will be fighting there hardest and since they are so evenly matched across the board it is impossible to predict with any certainty who will win. I think Marlin will win by a td in this one, but I won't be surprised if Newton finds a way to win. Whoever wins gets a match with the Leopards next week, so they better not leave it all on the field tonight! Good luck to both teams. :D

SwArMgUrL
11-23-2002, 12:33 PM
I say Marlin...by atleast 21. They have a great team this year and will prolly come out on top.

MARLINFAN
11-24-2002, 04:10 AM
REVENGE