02-08-2012, 06:57 PM
Just read in the Bellville Times

Caldwell
Houston Kinkaid
Giddings
Sweeny

Football DAD
02-08-2012, 07:37 PM
I know nothing about this Houston Kinkaid. But Sweeny and Giddings will be a test for Bellville. Bellville will have to revamp their offensive line. Losing both starting tackles and guards will be tough to do. I have no doubt they have running back talent but will they be able to move the ball

Manso/V8
02-08-2012, 11:34 PM
I know nothing about this Houston Kinkaid. But Sweeny and Giddings will be a test for Bellville. Bellville will have to revamp their offensive line. Losing both starting tackles and guards will be tough to do. I have no doubt they have running back talent but will they be able to move the ball

The biggest spots to fill will be the starting strong side guard and tackle......but it is not like we are in trouble. The starting center and the starting strong side tight end is returning. The left gaurd that didn't start but played most downs is returning. Bellville has big, strong, experienced players returning that can fill the OL spots. Sweeny and Giddings are always a test for Bellville and just about every team they play. Frankly, we dominated Sweeny last year and pretty much had our way with Giddings in the first round until they started throwing the ball and we stayed in that "prevent" D and got picked apart. They will be good pre-district contests for sure.......but there is no reason we should not expect to win those games with proper preparation. Next season and the following season have been anticipated as high potential years with the amount of speed, athleticism, size, and good football players with great attitudes Bellville will have......and now we have a high quality coach and a great system with Grady Rowe to lead the team. The returning kids have a year of experience in the new system, have bought in, and "Expect Victory". I think one could argue that Bellville was a top 10 team in 3A last year.......remember how precise those games against La Grange and Columbus were last year? Remember how we battled in to OT with Coldspring? That was after a 2-8 season.....with many major contributors that saw little of the field the year before or were not overly impressive the year before. We do have a lot of young running back talent, and those kids will be bigger, stronger, and faster next season.....plus you will see more speed across the board on offense and defense. We will run the ball better and with the return of the starting QB, our passing game will be improved.
Bellville will be better than last season. Expect Victory.

1st and goal
02-08-2012, 11:39 PM
Bellville/Giddings will be an early season shakedown for sure. I remember a few years ago when we played you guys twice that year, once in district and the 2nd time in the playoffs. Both of those games were nail biters to the end.

rancher
02-09-2012, 07:54 AM
The heart and soul of Bellville last season was the play on the defensive line. They took control of the game stopping everyone time after time. I hope we can find some solid starters to replace the quality that we lost. That was the best defense I have seen at Bellville in a long time.

OLE'BULL
02-09-2012, 09:27 AM
The heart and soul of Bellville last season was the play on the defensive line. They took control of the game stopping everyone time after time. I hope we can find some solid starters to replace the quality that we lost. That was the best defense I have seen at Bellville in a long time.

I would have to say the whole defense was the heart and soul. With the kind of stats that D put up, you cant just give credit to the D Line, though they were good. The D flew around as a unit and everyone from the D Line, LB's, and Secondary were making plays... Best Defense I have seen in...oh... 10-11 years ;)

YTBulldogs
02-09-2012, 10:18 AM
Ole'Bull, glad we were able to keep our scrimmage scheduled against one another. We will give ya'll more of a challenge this year than last for sure. So, should be a good measuring stick out the gate for both.

Congrats again on a great 2011 season and look forward to seeing you go further in 2012.

We both come off 2-8 season in 2010, and made great strides in 2011. Now, we want to keep on building and get where ya'll are.

Bull's-eye
02-09-2012, 01:03 PM

Can't forget about the middle LB & the strong safety. I believe the LB didn't even play much his Jr. year & was running 2nd team during the early scrimmages. I noticed him having a great nose for the ball & he ended up leading Bellville in tackles. I remember Coach Rowe moving the FS to SS, after noticing him on film making a lot of tackles in run support.

OLE'BULL
02-09-2012, 01:37 PM
Can't forget about the middle LB & the strong safety. I believe the LB didn't even play much his Jr. year & was running 2nd team during the early scrimmages. I noticed him having a great nose for the ball & he ended up leading Bellville in tackles. I remember Coach Rowe moving the FS to SS, after noticing him on film making a lot of tackles in run support.

:iagree:

He ended up getting HM All State...

Manso/V8
02-10-2012, 12:16 AM

We were immediately better on defense than 2010 by scheme alone, but that is not intended to take anything away from the players, it was a special group. Two of the four DL starters saw little or no time on varsity the year before......one DT only saw significant time in the final 2010 game against Stafford and one DE was on JV in 2010. The MLB who earned an all-state HM, only saw the field on special teams in 2010......and often made the tackle, never could figure out why he wasn't seeing more time on the field. The SS was track fast and since most teams we faced this year were run oriented teams, the move to have him help more on run support was a wise move. Those players and other seniors will be missed, but overall the current freshman, sophomore, and junior classes are strong and will step up to fill those open spots.

rancher
02-10-2012, 10:03 AM
What help is coming up? Who will be the back-up qb? The current projected starter seems to have a problem of staying healthy. Like the size of him, but his throwing mechanics need to improve vastly. I know there will be speed to burn in the backfield. Like I earlier said, last years defensive line, made the day. Hopefully Coach Rowe can find able bodies to replace them.

MJMbrahmas10
02-10-2012, 12:38 PM
I don't see Fuchs being the starting qb next year. He seems like he would be better off as a te or something. It would make since to find another qb like Reese. Which give you another running threat. IMO
But I trust coach Rowe to make all the right decisions

OLE'BULL
02-10-2012, 01:29 PM
I don't see Fuchs being the starting qb next year. He seems like he would be better off as a te or something. It would make since to find another qb like Reese. Which give you another running threat. IMO
But I trust coach Rowe to make all the right decisions

:iagree:

Do we have anyone who fits that mold coming up?

MJMbrahmas10
02-10-2012, 02:04 PM
I honestly don't know. Know we had a kid that had size and potential but he moved to east Bernard. I know there is a QB either in 8th or 9th that has some potential and heard good things about. Brady zapalac.
But other than that I have no clue

Bull's-eye
02-10-2012, 04:37 PM
What help is coming up? Who will be the back-up qb? The current projected starter seems to have a problem of staying healthy.

I wouldn't say he had a problem of staying healthy. He got hurt in our 2nd scrimmage, tried to play on it, but it was much worse than first diagnosed & reguired surgery. As far as I know, that was the first time he ever missed games because of an injury.

YTBulldogs
02-10-2012, 05:31 PM
How tall is Fuchs? I recall him having a strong arm in that 1st scrimmage last year.

Manso/V8
02-10-2012, 08:22 PM
How tall is Fuchs? I recall him having a strong arm in that 1st scrimmage last year.

He is 6'4" and change, call him 6'4-1/2", plus he has filled out quit a bit.
I'm not the coach, but I imagine he will be the starter next year.
He was named the starter last year before he was hurt in the Wharton scrimmage.
He has a strong arm and can read, he's not slow either. He is not as quick as Reese, but he can run.
We are going to have plenty of speed and power from the backs this year, the QB running threat worked well in some games last year but I don't think it will be as important this year with the stable of backs....I do think he can definitely improve the passing game, especially if we choose to go to have any short to mid-range passing game.
We missed a lot of open receivers last year trying to force the ball to only the primary receiver.
I don't think moving him to TE would be an advantage, we are already strong at the TE position, and blocking is not Fuch's forte, plus we don't throw the ball that often.
The two TE's have the best hands on the team.
The strong side TE was first team all-district and can block well, that is what helped blow open holes and also allowed us get the edge last year.
The other TE has excellent hands and caught several critical passes, including on of the key plays on a scoring drive against Coldspring.
The JV quarterback from last year is pretty good, throws a good ball, and is fairly quick.
He could be a candidate for QB.

MJMbrahmas10
02-10-2012, 08:52 PM
Good point manso. Changed my mind. True. Wish the best for these young brahmas I'm getting older and older now. (3 years out of school). I am slowly loosing my sources and knowledge to what's going on at the pasture of pain

Football DAD
02-13-2012, 05:15 AM
I also doubt that that Fuchs will be quarterback for 2012-2013 season. this past year was a hard luck break for Fuchs. But Reese made the best of it. I believe that Coach Rowe has some work to do. He's a smart coach I'm sure he will field the best team possible. Only the end of season stats will tell the tale.

Manso/V8
02-14-2012, 01:58 AM
I also doubt that that Fuchs will be quarterback for 2012-2013 season. this past year was a hard luck break for Fuchs. But Reese made the best of it. I believe that Coach Rowe has some work to do. He's a smart coach I'm sure he will field the best team possible. Only the end of season stats will tell the tale.

Who do you think will play QB, and what do you feel are the most important attributes in a QB for the Bellville offense?

hookandladder
02-14-2012, 07:39 AM
He is 6'4" and change, call him 6'4-1/2", plus he has filled out quit a bit.
I'm not the coach, but I imagine he will be the starter next year.
He was named the starter last year before he was hurt in the Wharton scrimmage.
He has a strong arm and can read, he's not slow either. He is not as quick as Reese, but he can run.
We are going to have plenty of speed and power from the backs this year, the QB running threat worked well in some games last year but I don't think it will be as important this year with the stable of backs....I do think he can definitely improve the passing game, especially if we choose to go to have any short to mid-range passing game.
We missed a lot of open receivers last year trying to force the ball to only the primary receiver.
I don't think moving him to TE would be an advantage, we are already strong at the TE position, and blocking is not Fuch's forte, plus we don't throw the ball that often.
The two TE's have the best hands on the team.
The strong side TE was first team all-district and can block well, that is what helped blow open holes and also allowed us get the edge last year.
The other TE has excellent hands and caught several critical passes, including on of the key plays on a scoring drive against Coldspring.
The JV quarterback from last year is pretty good, throws a good ball, and is fairly quick.
He could be a candidate for QB.

I have watched him since 7th grade, he was a much better Basketball player then QB. The kid could definitely kick the ball however at QB he basically just ran and did not throw it much, his size was a big advantage in lower grades however have not seen much of him since 8th grade. Also, was he hurt this BB season or did he not play, I thought BB was his best sport.

Manso/V8
02-14-2012, 10:48 PM
I have watched him since 7th grade, he was a much better Basketball player then QB. The kid could definitely kick the ball however at QB he basically just ran and did not throw it much, his size was a big advantage in lower grades however have not seen much of him since 8th grade. Also, was he hurt this BB season or did he not play, I thought BB was his best sport.

His size was definitely an advantage in the lower grades. He grew tall young and maintained his coordination. I disagree that all he did was ran in junior high and freshman year. He didn't throw often in junior high, but when he did he was pretty effective. He was also pretty fluid handling the ball for a kid that age. He was definitely better than MOST junior QB's he faced.....of course size and physical development played a factor in that. His sophomore year was the year that Bellville went 2-8, and he became the starter after the first few games. He had zero protection, very little coaching and guidance, and the coaching staff kept receivers in the game that basically couldn't catch. To be blunt, the previous coaching regime essentially ignored the offensive side of the ball and it showed. It was amazing to see this young QB come to the sidelines after a 3 and out (due to broken plays, blown assignments. and dropped passes) and NOT ONE coach would speak to or counsel him. He even started asking other players on the sidelines for suggestions on what to do differently. We also all know how talented receivers can make a high school QB shine, well Fuchs didn't have that except for the few games Cody Knoll played that year. He did get some coaching outside of the school (before the new head coach arrived) and he has steadily improved his reads, decision-making ability, and mechanics. I understand he did pretty well in 7on7 last summer. So, he may not be the runner that Reese was this year, but he will definitely improve the Bellville passing game. He didn't play basketball due to the same injury that kept him from playing football this year. I suspect he will start at QB and Bellville will have a more effective passing game than last year. That is just my guess, I definitely don't have any inside track or have any idea what the head coach is thinking......maybe they will put him at safety. His not a big hitter, but he has a nose for the ball and he understands the game. My guess is that he will also be the kicker, and maybe be called upon to punt........although that is not a big issue, the kicker and punter from last year's team were very effective and both are returning. Whatever position(s) he ends up at next year, he will have a positive impact on the team. He is a big, athletic, smart, hard-working kid with a great attitude.

Bull's-eye
02-15-2012, 12:10 AM
I think he will be a very good QB for Bellville. One big advantage will be his size, should have know problem seeing over the line of scrimmage. In the past, Bellville hasn't really ask their QB to run the ball. Fuchs may not be as fast as the previous QB, but I see him being more difficult to bring down. This should be a huge advantage avoiding sacks, but also running for those tough yards. In his sophomore year, I thought he was very effective keeping plays alive & showed to be a good runner when called upon. As Manso mentioned, I also didn't see much attention paid to the offense under the last coaching staff. From what I watched in last year's scrimmages, Bellville will be in good hands.

Manso/V8
02-15-2012, 12:40 AM
I agree with Hook that hoops might be Fuch's best game.....at least on the HS level. I think football is his favorite sport. A lot of baseball dads were trying to say baseball was going to be his best sport in high school, he has great hand-eye coordination.......but he has too much raw athletic ability to waste on baseball.

hookandladder
02-15-2012, 07:12 AM
I agree with Hook that hoops might be Fuch's best game.....at least on the HS level. I think football is his favorite sport. A lot of baseball dads were trying to say baseball was going to be his best sport in high school, he has great hand-eye coordination.......but he has too much raw athletic ability to waste on baseball.

He is a very good overall athlete , Coach Cerny taught him how to hit a baseball. When he was young his swing was pretty bad then Coach Cerny worked with him in High school and he became a hard out, I feel it will be BB or Football for him. Just seems like a good hard working kid, will do fine with whatever the coaches need him to do.

rancher
02-15-2012, 08:17 AM
I can only opine about what I saw in his throwing mechanics a couple years ago and in the one scrim. that I watched before he got hurt. He has great size and heart, buth his throwing mechanics are terrible, he also appears to be slow after watching last years QB. If they run any option attach as last year, you need that quickness and speed. Hopefully Coach Rowe and his staff can work out the mechanics or suggest that he go to a camp where he can get the first class coaching to correct his problems. If they can develop a passing game, watch out. The running game with the speed coming back will roll then. What is coming up at QB to help also.

Football DAD
02-15-2012, 06:29 PM
Who do you think will play QB, and what do you feel are the most important attributes in a QB for the Bellville offense?

I have no idea who will be playing QB. I think it will have to be someone who can throw and can run. Maybe a bigger version of last years QB. It will really depend on our offensive line play.