PDA

View Full Version : Next Year District 25-3A Football

Bull's-eye
02-08-2012, 03:10 PM
The new district will consist of Bellville, Brookshire Royal, Columbus, El Campo, Needville, Sealy & Wharton. My early prediction would have Bellville, Sealy & El Campo making the playoffs, the Ricebirds would go DI due to having the largest enrollment. This should help the Sealy Tigers, they have been stuck going big school & recently having to deal with Navasota. I look for Wharton & Royal to be in the hunt. Not sure what all these teams return, hopefully we can get some feedback from their posters.

hookandladder
02-08-2012, 04:08 PM
Should be pretty clear cut, Sealy,El Campo and Bellville.

Bull's-eye
02-08-2012, 04:41 PM
Should be pretty clear cut, Sealy,El Campo and Bellville.

I don't know what Wharton has coming back, but you could tell that their new coach got things going in the right direction. Watching our scrimmage with the Tigers, I came away very impressed with his coaching.

Football DAD
02-08-2012, 07:40 PM
We'll have to see.

1st and goal
02-08-2012, 11:34 PM
It'll be interesting to watch how things shake out in this district. Would Navasota have to play El Campo 1st round? Or would they play D26 D1 winner?

Roughneck93
02-08-2012, 11:40 PM
It'll be interesting to watch how things shake out in this district. Would Navasota have to play El Campo 1st round? Or would they play D26 D1 winner?They would play D26 D1 rep. More than likely Gonzales.

bird_fan
02-09-2012, 05:31 AM
Im looking forward to competeing with Bellville and Sealy I expect these teams will be quite competive with each other. I am also familuar with Bellvilles former coaches Labay ad Chanvellr they were both assistant at EC one time sso im may be familarthe type of coaching that make Bellville tick because it may be simular to what EC does just guessing though. Coach Wright at Whartonis a former EC assisnt to so i a way it could be interesting to saee them compete. None of the coaches are sub par in ability. Just need to know more about the other schools. Also looking fforward to knowing othwer guys here.

duckhunter
02-09-2012, 06:59 AM
Wharton brings back most of their starters. Should be pretty salty this year....I wouldnt yet pencil in Navasota as the D-1 rep. Im pretty sure they are third biggest school in their own district. If one of those ahead of them makes the playoffs Navasota could go small school

Bull's-eye
02-09-2012, 11:39 AM
Im looking forward to competeing with Bellville and Sealy I expect these teams will be quite competive with each other. I am also familuar with Bellvilles former coaches Labay ad Chanvellr they were both assistant at EC one time sso im may be familarthe type of coaching that make Bellville tick because it may be simular to what EC does just guessing though. Coach Wright at Whartonis a former EC assisnt to so i a way it could be interesting to saee them compete. None of the coaches are sub par in ability. Just need to know more about the other schools. Also looking fforward to knowing othwer guys here.

What does El Campo have coming back? Thanks for your input & welcome to the Down Low.

HEMOTOXIC
02-09-2012, 12:02 PM
Wharton brings back most of their starters. Should be pretty salty this year....I wouldnt yet pencil in Navasota as the D-1 rep. Im pretty sure they are third biggest school in their own district. If one of those ahead of them makes the playoffs Navasota could go small school

You are correct, however, College Station will not participate in varsity football over the next two years. Therefore, Navasota will have the second largest enrollment in the district. With that said, Taylor will have to make the playoffs in order for Navasota to be sent to DIV II. After Navasota and Rockdale, I believe that it will be a toss up with Taylor and Madisonville. If Caldwell can get back on track, the Hornets will be in the mix as well.

HEMOTOXIC
02-09-2012, 12:05 PM
They would play D26 D1 rep. More than likely Gonzales.

Navasota is now in D18. From my understanding, we will play D17 in the first round. That includes, La Vega, Robinson, China Spring, Lorena, etc.

Roughneck93
02-09-2012, 12:37 PM
It'll be interesting to watch how things shake out in this district. Would Navasota have to play El Campo 1st round? Or would they play D26 D1 winner?
Navasota is now in D18. From my understanding, we will play D17 in the first round. That includes, La Vega, Robinson, China Spring, Lorena, etc.Yeah, I was referring to El Campo playing the D26 D1 rep.

HEMOTOXIC
02-09-2012, 01:07 PM
Yeah, I was referring to El Campo playing the D26 D1 rep.

oh, my bad, lol.

Saggy Aggie
02-09-2012, 01:15 PM
Wharton is bringing back quite a bit from a team that beat sweeny and ingleside, went 3 rounds deep and pushed Devine for a shot at wimberley.

I wouldn't count the tigers out yet, but they do have their work cut out for them to even get in the playoffs