PDA

View Full Version : cam

Old Tiger
02-08-2012, 02:59 PM
What industrial type jobs are around Burnet? As stated in other thread lived there 4 years and love the town/area.

greendawg84
02-08-2012, 03:13 PM
Not a lot in town , Surecast , HCI , PEC ( local electrical Coop has yards in Bertram , Cedar Park , and Marble Falls ) and the Prison. Most folks that live there work in Austin , Georgetown, or even a few that work in San Antonio. Or you could be lucky like me and find a gig in Liberty Hill ( and hell no my kids dont go there they bleed green ). Hellas who puts in turf grass fields and tracks also has a yard in Liberty Hill.

Thats all that I can think of right now, Cam the Man might be able to add a few, but dude that cat makes one hell of a drive each day!

Ville-D
02-08-2012, 04:41 PM
So if you are incarcerated in said prison, are your kids eligible to play for Burnet?

RoyceTTU
02-08-2012, 04:58 PM
So if you are incarcerated in said prison, are your kids eligible to play for Burnet?

You thinking of making a temporary change of address?

Ville-D
02-08-2012, 06:27 PM
No just thinking we might need to look into buildin' a prison here in the Ville.

You thinking of making a temporary change of address?

Cam
02-08-2012, 06:46 PM
Not a lot in town , Surecast , HCI , PEC ( local electrical Coop has yards in Bertram , Cedar Park , and Marble Falls ) and the Prison. Most folks that live there work in Austin , Georgetown, or even a few that work in San Antonio. Or you could be lucky like me and find a gig in Liberty Hill ( and hell no my kids dont go there they bleed green ). Hellas who puts in turf grass fields and tracks also has a yard in Liberty Hill.

Thats all that I can think of right now, Cam the Man might be able to add a few, but dude that cat makes one hell of a drive each day!

That's about it...there are a few more companies in Burnet: ATMI is the biggest (it's some sort of **** lab...not really)..ATMI is pretty much worldwide I believe..check out their website....Stealth Products and their separate machine shop (this company makes wheelchairs). Also have Seton Hospital. You can work there but don't go there for treatment cause you will die!!!....just kiddin'....
Old Tiger..just do what I did...I came here "cold turkey" (no job)...people said we were crazy..but, it all worked out. I'm in the high-tech world so I pretty much have to drive to Austin every day. It's not that bad. Listen to alot of music!...plus, I get to curse at Liberty Hill folks two times a day!!
See ya'll Friday. I'm headin' to Dallas in the AM....

toddg
02-08-2012, 06:52 PM
That's about it...there are a few more companies in Burnet: ATMI is the biggest (it's some sort of **** lab...not really)..ATMI is pretty much worldwide I believe..check out their website....Stealth Products and their separate machine shop (this company makes wheelchairs). Also have Seton Hospital. You can work there but don't go there for treatment cause you will die!!!....just kiddin'....
Old Tiger..just do what I did...I came here "cold turkey" (no job)...people said we were crazy..but, it all worked out. I'm in the high-tech world so I pretty much have to drive to Austin every day. It's not that bad. Listen to alot of music!...plus, I get to curse at Liberty Hill folks two times a day!!
See ya'll Friday. I'm headin' to Dallas in the AM....
take the scenic route to Dallas and say hi to the Alvarado folk!