PDA

View Full Version : HydroWave

Farmersfan
02-07-2012, 08:46 AM
Before anyone pops off let me first say that fishing is a sport so this is sport related.

Has anyone used or heard any information on the new Hydrowave. What I find on the internet seems to indicate this thing actually works but I'm looking for someone who actually has experienced it. Any help?

http://www.hydrowave.com/

raider red 2000
02-07-2012, 08:55 AM
seems like cheating to me......but if i had one....you bet i would use it.....and I am pretty sure I still couldnt catch squat

greendawg84
02-07-2012, 09:11 AM
Hell yeah fishing is a sport ! Never heard of it , sure looks interesting though.

Farmersfan
02-08-2012, 09:17 AM
seems like cheating to me......but if i had one....you bet i would use it.....and I am pretty sure I still couldnt catch squat

I have had several people tell me they also think this is cheating. But I don't see how this is any different than using a duck call, moose call, Deer urine, decoys or all the assortment of scents that you can buy to spray on artifical bait. Based on a lot of the comments on the internet it appears this item might be on it's way to being declared illegal in the tournaments. A lot of people are complaining that it gives 1 angler an unfair advantage over others. But really, does anyone not see that guys like Kevin Van Dam also have a unfair advantage over a lot of other anglers simply because of the unlimited supply of sponsor money, tackle, new boats, new Trucks and the fact that they are able to devote 100% of their time to practice or pre-fishing rather than trying to support their families with an actual job? If the goal is to keep the fishing tournaments on an even playing field then shouldn't they establish that everyone will fish out of the exact same boats, use the exact same equipment and practice the exact same amount of time? Kevin Van Dam can get to his "honey hole" in his 75K boat that will do 80mph way faster than I could in my boat that will run 55mph. Seems to me he has an unfair advantage!!! The only way to solve this is for him and I to switch boats for a while.................... :cheerl:

orange machine
02-08-2012, 09:58 AM
I think its cheating just like putting feed out for a deer all your doing is bating them to come to you, I dont see what the skill is in that?

BEAST
02-08-2012, 10:45 AM
I think its cheating just like putting feed out for a deer all your doing is bating them to come to you, I dont see what the skill is in that?

With that in mind, then wouldnt you need to fish with nothing but a hook? After all, you are just baiting the fish to come to you, whats the skill in that?

BEAST

Cam
02-08-2012, 11:09 AM
With that in mind, then wouldnt you need to fish with nothing but a hook? After all, you are just baiting the fish to come to you, whats the skill in that?

BEAST

That's right!...if you really want to fish for sport, use a spear!:)....ahh, I'll stick to my Shimano and Ugly Stick......

Old LB
02-08-2012, 03:40 PM
That's right!...if you really want to fish for sport, use a spear!:)....ahh, I'll stick to my Shimano and Ugly Stick......

If you'd put you're ugly stick away and concentrate on the fishing you might have better luck! :eek:

Farmersfan
02-08-2012, 03:55 PM

If you want to get that technical about everything then there are a lot of things that don't require a heck of a lot of skill but are considered sports. At least in fishing you still have to catch the fish and get it reeled into the boat. On the other hand if you put out feed for a deer and the deer walks right up and sniffs your hinney and then you blow it's brains across the road with a automatic rifle then I would think that certainly hasn't required any skills.....................This is why I only hunt wild boar and bear with a butter knife and a pea shooter!!!

Farmersfan
02-08-2012, 03:58 PM
If you'd put you're ugly stick away and concentrate on the fishing you might have better luck! :eek:

Gazinga!!! :cheerl:

44INAROW
02-08-2012, 04:08 PM

BEAST

:1popcorn::1popcorn::stirpot:

:crazy:

toddg
02-08-2012, 05:08 PM
If you want to get that technical about everything then there are a lot of things that don't require a heck of a lot of skill but are considered sports. At least in fishing you still have to catch the fish and get it reeled into the boat. On the other hand if you put out feed for a deer and the deer walks right up and sniffs your hinney and then you blow it's brains across the road with a automatic rifle then I would think that certainly hasn't required any skills.....................This is why I only hunt wild boar and bear with a butter knife and a pea shooter!!!
putting corn in a feeder requires physical exertion, atleast as much as reeling a fish in...i tried hunting bear with a butter knife and clocked a 4.3 in the 40, now that is a sport!