PDA

View Full Version : Stephenville Basketball

Just curious other than Yates and Stephenville who will be expected to make playoff runs? Stephenville basketball has never been our strong point but there is a really good JV team moving up next year and should be pretty salty.

SHSBulldog00
02-05-2012, 04:36 PM
Corpus Christi West Oso is a perennial power in Region IV when it comes to basketball. Region III probably La Marque, Stafford and Hardin-Jefferson for boys.

On the girls side Groesbeck and Robinson are strong in Region III. In Region IV Rockport-Fulton.

Matthew328
02-05-2012, 04:54 PM
Corpus Christi West Oso is a perennial power in Region IV when it comes to basketball. Region III probably La Marque, Stafford and Hardin-Jefferson for boys.

On the girls side Groesbeck and Robinson are strong in Region III. In Region IV Rockport-Fulton.

Stephenville will have a tough time getting out of Reg 1 with Burkburnett, Kennedale and Lubbock Estacado in the mix....

mwynn05
02-05-2012, 04:58 PM
Norm has em rollin!!!

The JV team has been together for 6 or 7 years playing year around in AAU with very few losses ever. We also have an outstanding freshman player who is the next Stephenville QB after Jones graduates. The juniors now that are returning are also talented and athletic. The next 2 years we will be a very good and deep team. They are happy they get a chance to try and make a run in 3A. Should be a lot fun and hope we don't disappoint. This year we had a new coach and we look forward to the next 2 years.

mwrams
02-05-2012, 06:38 PM
In Region 1 Mineral Wells & Burkburnett will be giving the Ville a game when it comes to basketball.

mwynn05
02-05-2012, 06:55 PM
If the jv were that good they would be the varsity.

We beat mineral wells by 20-30 points with no problems.

The JV beats the varsity in scrimmages on a regular basis. New coach and kinda threw teams together and now is paying for it.
The Jackets began with a road win in San Angelo against LakeView 72-54, came home the following Tuesday to conquer University 57-42, followed by an exciting road win against undefeated Killeen 64-61, then against another undefeated Midway team 80-64, and finishing off Waco High 53-35 to end round 1. The Jackets are an impressive 25-3 on the season!!! When we played Glen Rose recently it was 32-0 end of first period.
We have about half our best on Varsity and half on JV. Coach didn't want to split them up and wanted them to have a year of playing together and not miss out on playing time.
The Jackets score on average 63.5 points per game while only giving up 39.7*

Dogs_21
02-05-2012, 07:52 PM
You cant even compare Stephenville basketball with Yates lol! Houston Jones will be good also!

No one is comparing them I just ask who and obviously Yates is the best team they are number one in 4A. I don't have blinders on about basketball in Stephenville. We will dominate in football and be very competitive in basketball and every other sport for that matter. We just so happen to have our best team maybe ever the next 2 years in basketball. But teams like Mineral Wells and that caliber aren't nearly as talented as what we will put on the floor next year. I saw Oso last year in Austin and they had a good team with killer fans.

Dogs_21
02-05-2012, 08:12 PM
it seems to be like the Stephenville people on the forum are just thinking they are going to come down to 3A and just push teams over lol! All I say is Good Luck! I just know basketball will not be you all! La Marque will be good in all sports also, seems like everyone is forgetting them! I'm just saying I know Stephenville has a good athletic program but I'm pretty sure it's some teams down in 3A they will love to take their crack at them!

regaleagle
02-05-2012, 08:30 PM
Burkburnett is a very strong team in Region I. Usually, Dallas Madison and Argyle fight it out in Region II to see who goes to State. This year you have both those teams, Wilmer Hutchins, Lovejoy, Princeton, and Pleasant Grove all with a shot to represent our Region II. Carrollton Ranchview is in the spoiler role, as is Argyle this year. I look for Madison or Hutchins to be in Austin.

regaleagle
02-05-2012, 08:33 PM
Didn't mean to, but I left Pleasant Grove out of the mix. They are also in the spoiler role this year with a very impressive won-loss record.

mwynn05
02-05-2012, 08:37 PM
If you think the jv is just as good as the 25-3 varsity you are nuts... Lol man parents are delusional there might be a coupe kids on the jv a good enough to be on varsity, but they would never play and he wants them to get lots of pt to get them ready... I know the coach and I promise you he didn't just throw the teams together

regaleagle
02-05-2012, 08:37 PM
To check the latest rankings in all classifications statewide in basketball, just go to TABC and you will be able to see the possible contenders. They have a weekly state rankings update, and then other basketball info. on this website.

Thats the JV record. Now 26-3. The varsity is 3-4 in District. JV is 7-0 district.
Varsity lost to Waco University by 15 and 30 plus this year. JV won by 15 and 10 or 12.
You dont know what your talking about.

District 8-4A leader and 22nd-ranked Waco University scored more points in the opening half than Stephenville scored in the game as the Trojans won 61-35 Friday night.

University (25-6, 7-0) completed a season sweep of the Yellow Jackets (19-8, 3-4), who now become a fan of the Trojans. University wins over teams such as Waco Midway and Killeen would help Stephenville's playoff push down the stretch.

mwynn05
02-05-2012, 09:02 PM
There is a huge huge huge difference between jv and varsity... Just cause the varsity lost to univ by 30 (they are a top 25 team btw) and your jv beat their jv doesn't mean your jv is better than your varsity lol... And you're right I know nothing about basketball lol :rollseyes:

Good thing is next year they will all be together and should be competitive in 3A? The thread isnt about JV VS VARSITY its about NEXT YEARS TEAM IN 3A. The team will be solid and competitive in 3A. Im sure you know basketball just fine so this time next year we can talk about it.

ccmom
02-05-2012, 09:13 PM
There is a huge huge huge difference between jv and varsity... Just cause the varsity lost to univ by 30 (they are a top 25 team btw) and your jv beat their jv doesn't mean your jv is better than your varsity lol... And you're right I know nothing about basketball lol :rollseyes:Hahaha...

mwynn05
02-05-2012, 09:13 PM
I prolly won't want to think about basketball this time next year with how realignment treated us

The JV Jackets defeated three varsity teams to win the tournament championship in Hico.
This was a varsity tournamet they won
Fort Worth Diamond Hills Jarvis 62-29
San Saba 80-41
Hico 70-47
Dominated JV tournaments. So I hope they can compete in 3A Basketball once next year comes. I respect every team and have no negatives comments Im just saying the kids are going to be good next year when they get together. Only graduating 2 players and they are guards and that spot will be an upgrade from JV.

Dogs_21
02-05-2012, 10:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TERosDQq8bA

Like it or Not this is Basketball...

Yeah thats basketball:) Arent you guys graduating 8 or your seniors?

Dogs_21
02-05-2012, 10:11 PM
I'm not from Yates just live in Houston. They Recruit if you didn't know so they will stay pretty good.

regaleagle
02-05-2012, 10:18 PM
Records mean very little in basketball come playoff time. Many of the power teams play 4a and 5a teams in tournaments, as well as before district play begins. It's all about WHO you played, and WHO you beat that is quality. Some teams with great records coming into the playoffs will get knocked out right away by teams with seemingly lesser records. Just take a look at one of the 3A powers in basketball, Dallas Madison. Their record is something like 15-7, but those seven losses were to 5a powers and maybe a 4a power. I think Hutchins beat them barely in their first district stand-off. HUTCHINS is a serious contender. Luckily in basketball, the top team from each region meets in Austin for the championship, not necessarily the best 4 teams in the state.

Emerson1
02-05-2012, 11:04 PM
The baseball team will make the state tournament before basketball does or the football team makes it to state. I'd say the same thing if they were still 4A.

FB-fanatic
02-06-2012, 12:02 AM
No one is comparing them I just ask who and obviously Yates is the best team they are number one in 4A. I don't have blinders on about basketball in Stephenville. We will dominate in football and be very competitive in basketball and every other sport for that matter. We just so happen to have our best team maybe ever the next 2 years in basketball. But teams like Mineral Wells and that caliber aren't nearly as talented as what we will put on the floor next year. I saw Oso last year in Austin and they had a good team with killer fans.

Humble is your middle name.

FB-fanatic
02-06-2012, 12:13 AM
Lorena girls ranked #13 in state, perennial top 10 and perennial playoff team. Ranked #74 in state across all rankings - S'ville #133. LaVega boys (19-3A, our district) number one in state.

ahs_indian_fan
02-06-2012, 12:13 AM
If I'm not mistaken Alvarado beat Stephenville in a non-district game about a month ago. Alvarado's top player is a sophomore and there are several other underclassmen on the team. Just thought I'd throw that out there before you start thinking about basketball state tournaments.

83Indian
02-06-2012, 01:14 AM
Records mean very little in basketball come playoff time. Many of the power teams play 4a and 5a teams in tournaments, as well as before district play begins. It's all about WHO you played, and WHO you beat that is quality. Some teams with great records coming into the playoffs will get knocked out right away by teams with seemingly lesser records. Just take a look at one of the 3A powers in basketball, Dallas Madison. Their record is something like 15-7, but those seven losses were to 5a powers and maybe a 4a power. I think Hutchins beat them barely in their first district stand-off. HUTCHINS is a serious contender. Luckily in basketball, the top team from each region meets in Austin for the championship, not necessarily the best 4 teams in the state.

No one is talking about Alvarado, but we only lost by 4 to Wilmer Hutchins. This was the first game all the football players (Bates, Geeo, McNeil, Holbert, Thomas) were able to play. Bates is also a stud in basketball. They announce him as 5'8. No way he is 5'8 and almost dunks. Since then they are somewhere in the 12 - 2 range beating Cleburne, Stephenville, Kennedale twice. Not saying they will win state, but don't be surprised if they make a run this year. Will go undefeated in district.

Stephenville next 2 years are the ones they have a chance to compete at a higher level. After that it will be the same as it has been for the last 10-20 years. Don't think they ever got out of the first round. Next year that will change and could go 2 or 3 rounds deep. Our team this year is average at best.

I did hear the baseball team is stacked. Mookie Carlisle is a stud!!!

Leopard4Life
02-06-2012, 08:05 PM
Burkburnett is a very strong team in Region I. Usually, Dallas Madison and Argyle fight it out in Region II to see who goes to State. This year you have both those teams, Wilmer Hutchins, Lovejoy, Princeton, and Pleasant Grove all with a shot to represent our Region II. Carrollton Ranchview is in the spoiler role, as is Argyle this year. I look for Madison or Hutchins to be in Austin.

Lovejoy blew two district games against Princeton and Lone Star this week and slipped to 17 in the Coaches Rankings. I'd add Lone Star to the spoiler list, now ranked 16th. I agree, look for Madison or Hutchins to be Austin.

http://www.tabchoops.org/finalB.html

JV Boys 28-2 season 10-0 district. 82-7 record from 7th till end of 10th.
Beat Waco Midway, University, Waco High, Killeen, and San Angelo last 2 years.
Team is going to be a force in 3A next year. Played Quad county 7-8Th. Team plays together year around and will be playing Varsity Tournaments over the summer in Primetime, MAYB, and GASO.

Our Varsity girls are still in playoffs and the Freshman girls were 28-0 this season.
Varsity boys was another story this year had new coach and no Chemistry. Only lost 2 players.

mwrams
02-19-2012, 08:10 AM
The Mineral Wells Lady Rams softball team is now 5-0 after defeating the mighty Lady Jackets from Stephenville on Friday 9-0.
Welcome to 3A Jackets!

JBulldawg
02-19-2012, 09:31 AM
Pleasant Grove got their tails handed to them in a playoff warm up game yesterday, by an always tough
Silsbee team.

In region 3 you always have to go through Silsbee or Hardin Jefferson to get to Austin.

Sville
02-19-2012, 12:38 PM
The Mineral Wells Lady Rams softball team is now 5-0 after defeating the mighty Lady Jackets from Stephenville on Friday 9-0.
Welcome to 3A Jackets!

It is the Honeybees thank you very much!

toddg
02-19-2012, 01:14 PM

how are yellowjackets and honeybees even remotely related?

Welcome to 3A Jackets!

Sounds like 3A is treating you a lot better. I know 4A wasn't your friend. Glad to see you doing well. I just wonder if dropping to 3A helped you that much what it's going to do for Stephenville? Looks like we might do pretty dang good. What sports did you have winning seasons in 4A? Where was it the most helpful?

mwrams
02-19-2012, 01:21 PM

Lady Rams (what ever that is) are 5-0 after defeating Childress, Graham, Eastland, Wichita Falls & Stephenville by a combine 68-5.
Sorry...I meant Honeybees

franz
02-19-2012, 09:59 PM
JV Boys 28-2 season 10-0 district. 82-7 record from 7th till end of 10th.
Beat Waco Midway, University, Waco High, Killeen, and San Angelo last 2 years.
Team is going to be a force in 3A next year. Played Quad county 7-8Th. Team plays together year around and will be playing Varsity Tournaments over the summer in Primetime, MAYB, and GASO.

Our Varsity girls are still in playoffs and the Freshman girls were 28-0 this season.
Varsity boys was another story this year had new coach and no Chemistry. Only lost 2 players.

Your sophomores this year are good, #23 is pretty good and #15 can shoot alright and the team is pretty good, but I don't think they will be a force. I have seen that group play 6 times the last 2 years

Your sophomores this year are good, #23 is pretty good and #15 can shoot alright and the team is pretty good, but I don't think they will be a force. I have seen that group play 6 times the last 2 years

I say in 3A they will be a hard to beat. The team plays good together and will spank 95% teams in 3A.

franz
02-20-2012, 08:47 PM
I say in 3A they will be a hard to beat. The team plays good together and will spank 95% teams in 3A.

That percentage will prove to be a little high, but you got to have confidence!

That percentage will prove to be a little high, but you got to have confidence!

You may be correct but they are one of the most talented Sophpmore teams in the State. The record proves that. This summer they will play with 3 members of the last year varsity team to get ready for next years season. Who did you watch then play? They lost 7 games ever during school ball from junior high till now. And you are correct #23 averages 16 PPG IN 4A.:stirpot:

Matthew328
02-21-2012, 10:13 AM
Stephenville will be a lot better in hoops, but even with the good group coming I'm not sure they'll be good enough to push for a Region I title...I do think they could contend for a trip to the regional tournament next year...

Stephenville will be a lot better in hoops, but even with the good group coming I'm not sure they'll be good enough to push for a Region I title...I do think they could contend for a trip to the regional tournament next year...

That's a very accurate Statement. Stephenville has never had a team make a run at the playoffs in boys basketball. And I don't expect a Miracle to happen cause we went 3A. However the drop in class and the incoming group will be our best shot ever. One thing is for sure they are going to bust their butts and go for it. See what happens should be interesting.

Matthew328
02-21-2012, 10:53 AM
The drop will help a lot...not having to play the likes of Killeen, Waco U, Crowley, the Mansfield schools or Everman in basketball will help a lot...in 4A Region I you have to deal with those guys then if you happen to win the first round you gotta deal with Fort Worth ISD after that..just real tough for a team like Stephenville who doesn't have the athleticism to keep up...in 3A they won't face those kinds of athletes in Reg 1 until they run into Kennedale, Burkburnett or Lubbock Estacado

Ville-D
02-21-2012, 11:44 AM
Any team will have a tough time with Yates in the end.

The drop will help a lot...not having to play the likes of Killeen, Waco U, Crowley, the Mansfield schools or Everman in basketball will help a lot...in 4A Region I you have to deal with those guys then if you happen to win the first round you gotta deal with Fort Worth ISD after that..just real tough for a team like Stephenville who doesn't have the athleticism to keep up...in 3A they won't face those kinds of athletes in Reg 1 until they run into Kennedale, Burkburnett or Lubbock Estacado

I think we have more than enough " Athleticism". Are you talking about basketball or race?
Even teams like Yates can be beat. Dont just think we are gonna lay down.
Its kinda like the teams trying to beat us in Football this year ANYTHING is possible.

Matthew328
02-22-2012, 09:19 PM
I'm talking about guards who can pressure the ball, guards who can get into the lane and penetrate and break down a defense, when talking about basketball esp at the HS level having guards who can pressure the ball/handle pressure and who can break down defenses are key....I'm a believer in Stephenville football....hoops...not so much..past history has proven that in basketball...Stephenville hasn't been good enough to handle good 4A teams...

I'm talking about guards who can pressure the ball, guards who can get into the lane and penetrate and break down a defense, when talking about basketball esp at the HS level having guards who can pressure the ball/handle pressure and who can break down defenses are key....I'm a believer in Stephenville football....hoops...not so much..past history has proven that in basketball...Stephenville hasn't been good enough to handle good 4A teams...

There has never been a group as good as what we have now. Mark my words we will make some noise in 3A. Kennedale teams of that nature we can play with all day long. I wouldnt say this once the Sophmore group we have now is gone. We got 2 years to see what we can do after that same old Stephenville Basketball. There is something special when the same kids play together for 8 years and go from 4A TO 3A the Junior and senior years. "THE PERFECT STORM"

regaleagle
02-23-2012, 03:35 AM
If a perfect storm is what turns you on in basketball, come on over to Region 2 a schedule a few games next year with Madison, Ranchview, Hutchins, and even us at Argyle. Your boyz will get all the experience they can handle for a playoff run their senior season.

Dogs_21
02-23-2012, 03:31 PM
It really doesn't matter because the Champion next year will come from Region III

Dogs_21
02-23-2012, 03:33 PM
I think we have more than enough " Athleticism". Are you talking about basketball or race?
Even teams like Yates can be beat. Dont just think we are gonna lay down.
Its kinda like the teams trying to beat us in Football this year ANYTHING is possible.

You won't have to lay down they will beat you all by 40 lol!

Leopard4Life
02-23-2012, 05:45 PM

at least

Leopard4Life
02-23-2012, 05:52 PM
Just curious other than Yates and Stephenville who will be expected to make playoff runs? Stephenville basketball has never been our strong point but there is a really good JV team moving up next year and should be pretty salty.

As stated yates recruits:

I'm not from Yates just live in Houston. They Recruit if you didn't know so they will stay pretty good.

From the Yates wiki page:
Yates has HISD's magnet program for communications (Broadcast TV, Radio, Print, and Photography). Eye on the Third Ward [1], a collection of works made by Yates students, was posted in the Museum of Fine Arts Houston (MFAH).

Charter Schools, Magnet Programs (especially fluff like this), private schools/academy's, open enrollment schools and Single ISD districts that allow students to transfer between schools and bypass UIL regulations have a distinct advantage over any school with a clearly defined attendance area. I'm all for these schools having athletic programs, I just personally feel that if they go this route they shouldn't be allowed to compete for UIL state championships.

Now back to the topic at hand. Stephenville should have a decent bball program the next two years. Dominant, no. Not even close to Yates level. I agree with regaleagle. Come play Madison, Hutchins or Argyle as a litmus test to see where your program is at... Those programs will truly test you and you will quickly find out that depth may be an issue.

Sure they will.

Those teams you mention play over Holidays at Whataburger tourney?

As stated yates recruits:

From the Yates wiki page:
Yates has HISD's magnet program for communications (Broadcast TV, Radio, Print, and Photography). Eye on the Third Ward [1], a collection of works made by Yates students, was posted in the Museum of Fine Arts Houston (MFAH).

Charter Schools, Magnet Programs (especially fluff like this), private schools/academy's, open enrollment schools and Single ISD districts that allow students to transfer between schools and bypass UIL regulations have a distinct advantage over any school with a clearly defined attendance area. I'm all for these schools having athletic programs, I just personally feel that if they go this route they shouldn't be allowed to compete for UIL state championships.

Now back to the topic at hand. Stephenville should have a decent bball program the next two years. Dominant, no. Not even close to Yates level. I agree with regaleagle. Come play Madison, Hutchins or Argyle as a litmus test to see where your program is at... Those programs will truly test you and you will quickly find out that depth may be an issue.

Where is the Argyle vs Madison game being played?

Leopard4Life
02-23-2012, 10:26 PM
Where is the Argyle vs Madison game being played?

From Argyle's website: http://argyle.prepsportsystems.com/

Your Argyle Eagles will once again take on Dallas Madison in the Area Round of the 3A basketbal playoffs. The game will be at Hebron High School, 4207 Plano Parkway in Carrollton, on Friday, February 24th at 7:30.

From Argyle's website: http://argyle.prepsportsystems.com/

Your Argyle Eagles will once again take on Dallas Madison in the Area Round of the 3A basketbal playoffs. The game will be at Hebron High School, 4207 Plano Parkway in Carrollton, on Friday, February 24th at 7:30.

Thanks sounds like the place to be.

Leopard4Life
02-23-2012, 11:23 PM
Thanks sounds like the place to be.

Maybe for you. I'm going to try to check out the Lovejoy / Whitesboro game at McKinney North.

mwrams
02-24-2012, 10:13 PM
You should have gone to Jacksboro and watched Mineral Wells beat Burkburnett!

You should have gone to Jacksboro and watched Mineral Wells beat Burkburnett!

No disrespect but that blows my mind. I cant believe Mineral Wells is even in the playoffs much less to win a game. That must be a really weak district.

ccmom
02-24-2012, 11:27 PM
No disrespect but that blows my mind. I cant believe Mineral Wells is even in the playoffs much less to win a game. That must be a really weak district.

Haha..I love it when a sentence starts with "No disrespect but...". You might as well say, "Hey, I'm about to dog you". :)

mwrams
02-25-2012, 07:49 AM
Stephenville thinks they are heads and tail above everyone else. So wrong you are!
We would beat you like a little red headed step child. Your still mad cuz our UNDEFEATED Lady Rams spanked your precious honeybees out on the diamond. Get over yourselves. I really enjoyed watching us take the district title away from the Jackets in YOUR house back in 06 by 20! How many State Championship Basketball games has your school played in? Been there done that!

Stephenville thinks they are heads and tail above everyone else. So wrong you are!
We would beat you like a little red headed step child. Your still mad cuz our UNDEFEATED Lady Rams spanked your precious honeybees out on the diamond. Get over yourselves. I really enjoyed watching us take the district title away from the Jackets in YOUR house back in 06 by 20! How many State Championship Basketball games has your school played in? Been there done that!

You would beat us in what sport cause I know you don't mean boys basketball or football.
Your girls sports I don't follow but sounds like your softball team is kicking butt.
Stephenville has never played in a State Championship Basketball boys or probably girls. I don't think our boys have ever won past the first or second round on Basketball.
However every game I have seen the boys Basketball team play mineral wells is a blow out.
The past is the past and we haven't been good at basketball. We would kill Mineral Wells and so will Wylie. Don't think your boys basketball team is good cause they aren't. And there isn't anyone with basketball knowledge that has seen them play this year who thinks they are.

mwrams
02-25-2012, 10:33 AM
you dont beat a team like Burkburnett and not be good. You sound like a student because a coach would not make a statement about a team that has won 10 straight plus the area round.

you dont beat a team like Burkburnett and not be good. You sound like a student because a coach would not make a statement about a team that has won 10 straight plus the area round.

I wish them the best. Good luck with Wylie. And by the way im a parent and know your team and players. 3A has been good to Mineral Wells its going to be great for us.

ramfan
02-26-2012, 10:43 AM
I wish them the best. Good luck with Wylie. And by the way im a parent and know your team and players. 3A has been good to Mineral Wells its going to be great for us.

I could not figure out why you talk so big and so much. Then I looked at the 4A bracket and seen Ville did not even make the playoffs. That's why you got so much time on your hands. Yet you get on here and talk crap about how good you are going to be and insult teams that are still in playoff!!!! HA.

Seen it too many times when people talk about how great they are. Usually ends up with plate of crow. And trust me; people on here will not let you forget your remarks. KARMA

mwrams
02-26-2012, 10:59 AM
I just realized that too!. Here we are 3 rounds deep into the playoffs and the Jackets didn't even make the playoffs and he wants to spout off how they would spank us silly. That sounds like us saying we would hand it to ya on the gridiron. But, we are realist and know that the Ville is much better in football...(for now.)

I just realized that too!. Here we are 3 rounds deep into the playoffs and the Jackets didn't even make the playoffs and he wants to spout off how they would spank us silly. That sounds like us saying we would hand it to ya on the gridiron. But, we are realist and know that the Ville is much better in football...(for now.)

Believe me this last year was frustrating in basketball. Our new coach didn't know the players and didn't play his best players on Varsity. I expected to win 2 district games we won 3. JV team is way better than Varsity. Next year our team will be solid this year not so much. Good luck Mineral Wells I hope you do beat Wylie because you are a home town team near Stephenville. I watched Wylie play and I watched Mineral Wells play and we will just have to wait and see.

mwrams
02-26-2012, 01:54 PM
Our coach is a first year coach also. I will admit the Rams struggled at the beginning of the season then got it together. Kind of like North Crowley in football a few years ago...they lost their first 3 then went on to the 4A State title.

Our coach is a first year coach also. I will admit the Rams struggled at the beginning of the season then got it together. Kind of like North Crowley in football a few years ago...they lost their first 3 then went on to the 4A State title.

To bad you guys didnt win cause next year is going to be harder.

BEAST
02-29-2012, 05:24 PM

That year North Crowley got the ever loving crap kicked out of them in district by the Brownwood Lions.

BEAST

Sville
02-29-2012, 05:28 PM
Stephenville has never played in a State Championship Basketball boys or probably girls.

The Honeybees won the state championship in 1968.

My bad 1968 was a good year. I was born then should be easy to remember that fact.

83Indian
03-01-2012, 11:26 AM
That year North Crowley got the ever loving crap kicked out of them in district by the Brownwood Lions.
BEAST

And By Alvarado 48 - 28

theville
03-01-2012, 11:44 AM
North Crowley got on a roll once they beat Stephenville, then Aledo the next week.

2003? Didn't Brownwood go into 3 OT with Granbury that year, Kirby went down? Stephenville didn't make the playoffs that year.

BEAST
03-01-2012, 11:59 AM
North Crowley got on a roll once they beat Stephenville, then Aledo the next week.

2003? Didn't Brownwood go into 3 OT with Granbury that year, Kirby went down? Stephenville didn't make the playoffs that year.

Yes. We went into that game without Kirby and without Keith Howey. Howey was our best WR and Safety. They both came in for the OT period to keep our undefeated season alive. In rd 2 of the playoffs, we lost Kirby for good against Denton Ryan when the game was 8-6 just after halftime. DR went on to play for the SC.

BEAST

mwrams
03-02-2012, 05:31 AM
hey ville...Ah, so you were born in 1968. How would you know it was a good year? I remember and it wasn't all that great. LOL!
Mineral Wells Class of 1972

hey ville...Ah, so you were born in 1968. How would you know it was a good year? I remember and it wasn't all that great. LOL!
Mineral Wells Class of 1972

I guess it was a good year cause I was born. Other than that? I guess we were at War in Vietnam so that sucked.

Now that we have the rest of our team we should climb from 10 to top 5 within the next few weeks. YES WE ARE THAT GOOD. If you dont think so just wait and see.:1omg!:

ccmom
12-18-2012, 03:54 PM
Now that we have the rest of our team we should climb from 10 to top 5 within the next few weeks. YES WE ARE THAT GOOD. If you dont think so just wait and see.:1omg!:

Wylie boys won a close one against Brownwood last night.....87-27:eek:

defense51
12-18-2012, 05:28 PM

Back in the early to mid 80's y'all had one of your girls basketball players who was phenomenal, anyone remember her name? I saw her play in a tournament and was like :eek: :inlove: . Seems like she was a track star too.

toddg
12-18-2012, 05:29 PM
Now that we have the rest of our team we should climb from 10 to top 5 within the next few weeks. YES WE ARE THAT GOOD. If you dont think so just wait and see.:1omg!: see ya next month when district play starts, unless Stephenville is playing the caprock..thats where our team will be during the holidays...just like last year, we are flying under the radar..

mwrams
12-18-2012, 05:47 PM
I must admit the Mineral Wells boys are not having a good year thus far. The girls on the other hand have been playing pretty well. And ville do you remember 05' I believe that may have been the year Mineral Wells won district after beating the ville by about 20 in your house. Just sayin'

I must admit the Mineral Wells boys are not having a good year thus far. The girls on the other hand have been playing pretty well. And ville do you remember 05' I believe that may have been the year Mineral Wells won district after beating the ville by about 20 in your house. Just sayin'

No not really but you wont beat this team by 20. This team will be the best team we have had experience wise. Most of the boys have played together for a long time. I didnt personally think we would be above 8-8 going into this week without the football players. However they moved one player from football to basketball who wasent going to get playing time and with that extra person we could put 5 good ones out there. We went 11-5 playing a much harder schedule than years past.
Now that we got the rest of the team we can press and have subs and make a few changes to the line up we should be very good. We wont be super big but very atheltic with the ability to put up points in bunches. The Kennedale game Friday will be a good game to break them in before the Whataburger tournament. VILLE UP!!!

hollywood
12-18-2012, 06:26 PM
No not really but you wont beat this team by 20. This team will be the best team we have had experience wise. Most of the boys have played together for a long time. I didnt personally think we would be above 8-8 going into this week without the football players. However they moved one player from football to basketball who wasent going to get playing time and with that extra person we could put 5 good ones out there. We went 11-5 playing a much harder schedule than years past.
Now that we got the rest of the team we can press and have subs and make a few changes to the line up we should be very good. We wont be super big but very atheltic with the ability to put up points in bunches. The Kennedale game Friday will be a good game to break them in before the Whataburger tournament. VILLE UP!!!

Coolness. Is the Kennedale/Stephenville game in Stephenville?

Coolness. Is the Kennedale/Stephenville game in Stephenville?

Yes.

And to the Alvarado guy just so you know. I checked out your boy and saw he had 40 against Cleburn. Problem is the team had only 51 total points with your full team.
We beat Cleburn with half a team playing JV subs 70-36. Your in trouble and if you dont think so I dont know what to tell you other than just have to see for yourself. You just got beat by Hutchins and again didnt score many points. WE AINT TO WORRIED LOL!!!

slingshot
12-18-2012, 07:03 PM
Reg 1 Boys Championship will go through Wylie this year... S'ville is still a year away.

toddg
12-18-2012, 07:21 PM
Yes.

And to the Alvarado guy just so you know. I checked out your boy and saw he had 40 against Cleburn. Problem is the team had only 51 total points with your full team.
We beat Cleburn with half a team playing JV subs 70-36. Your in trouble and if you dont think so I dont know what to tell you other than just have to see for yourself. You just got beat by Hutchins and again didnt score many points. WE AINT TO WORRIED LOL!!! they are working, the Indians will be ready...we lost to hutchins by 20, so what..they can beat good teams by 20..we'll be alright..we are always slow out of the gate.

Reg 1 Boys Championship will go through Wylie this year... S'ville is still a year away.

We will get to play each other in the Whataburger tourney if we both win out in the Championship game.

they are working, the Indians will be ready...we lost to hutchins by 20, so what..they can beat good teams by 20..we'll be alright..we are always slow out of the gate.

I hope so or its going to be one boring district to play in. Glen Rose is above average not to bad at all. Not Strong like they were in football. But with that new gym I can see alot good things in the future for Glen Rose. Alvarado and Glen Rose will be a battle for second.

slingshot
12-18-2012, 07:41 PM
We will get to play each other in the Whataburger tourney if we both win out in the Championship game.That would be great if we both get that far... Wylie has everyone back (were pretty good last year--lost in Reg 1 Final) and is SALTY this year.

hollywood
12-18-2012, 07:42 PM
Now that the basketball team will have a few of the athletes from football playing, Ville is right, look out! Stidham, oh my GOODNESS. Talk about a ballah?!?! Kid played varsity as a freshman and looked like a senior controlling from the point.

Now that the basketball team will have a few of the athletes from football playing, Ville is right, look out! Stidham, oh my GOODNESS. Talk about a ballah?!?! Kid played varsity as a freshman and looked like a senior controlling from the point.

If you look at the Roster its scary coach has so many options to mix and match. There will always be kids sitting waiting to go in the game that are just as good as the one they replace. Its by far the deepest team thats been in that school. I mean you only got 5 spots and you got at least 10 solid players. Its going to be a swarm of pressure non stop in your face kinda deal with no breaks. They are going to dominate if they can get in condition fast enough.

Manso/V8
12-18-2012, 11:39 PM
Let's cut to the chase......has the championship parade been scheduled?

no but high hopes for a deep playoff run. gotta realize we have never had a team even leave the first or second round. So its kinda exciting to finaly have that chance to compete.

ahs_indian_fan
12-19-2012, 09:20 AM
We beat Cleburn with half a team playing JV subs 70-36. Your in trouble and if you dont think so I dont know what to tell you other than just have to see for yourself. You just got beat by Hutchins and again didnt score many points. WE AINT TO WORRIED LOL!!!

There is no doubt Alvarado isn't as good as last year ... lost point guard, post and two really good shooters. Alvarado's problem right now is they don't have a consistent second scorer and they're most consistent post player is playing on one leg. If they can find a second scorer and consistent post play (which isn't out of the question) they will be a hard out by the time the playoffs roll around. Not sure he will be a factor this year, but there is an extremely raw 6-6, 6-7 freshman that I would assume could see time if the post play doesn't get any better.

Coondog
12-19-2012, 10:24 AM
i'll say it again, AW had a better chance to beat us in football than they do in basketball and you saw how the football came out. i know you AW guys were talking this same crap in football. i told you in football i don't think you knew what was coming and you all laughed. mark this down you will NOT beat the ville in basketball the next two years. just for the record the ville has been to the state tournament twice but has never won it. the group that just came out of football will just need a couple of weeks to get their game back.

ccmom
12-19-2012, 12:04 PM
i'll say it again, AW had a better chance to beat us in football than they do in basketball and you saw how the football came out. i know you AW guys were talking this same crap in football. i told you in football i don't think you knew what was coming and you all laughed. mark this down you will NOT beat the ville in basketball the next two years. just for the record the ville has been to the state tournament twice but has never won it. the group that just came out of football will just need a couple of weeks to get their game back.

Noted. Let's see how things play out at the Whataburger tourney.

jacket98,99
12-19-2012, 12:53 PM

It has been set......Houston Yates will be borrowing some dullies and hay trailers from us for their kids to ride on. ;)

icu812
12-19-2012, 04:59 PM
Sville is the real deal. PG is outstanding. Led #1 2A White Oak most of the game before falling in OT. That was without the football boys. Very well coached team.

hollywood
12-19-2012, 05:37 PM
Sville's top scorer is a football player too. Soph WR #1 Stidham. Just wait until you see this kid play roundball. :eek:

Sville is the real deal. PG is outstanding. Led #1 2A White Oak most of the game before falling in OT. That was without the football boys. Very well coached team.

Yeah I would like to play that team again. Don't think we would give up a 16 point lead again now we have the team together. Our guards can put up points and our post are very athletic.

icu812
12-20-2012, 12:22 AM
Yeah I would like to play that team again. Don't think we would give up a 16 point lead again now we have the team together. Our guards can put up points and our post are very athletic.

It was impressive considering White Oak has now won 43 straight games. They are pretty dang good. That Sville team wasn't flashy but very fundamentally sound. If they are adding size and athletism after football is over they will be tough to beat.

Tejastrue
12-20-2012, 01:03 AM

What number are you?

defense51
12-20-2012, 05:39 AM
What number are you?

:evillol:

What number are you?

Its not me its my son #23. He is one of the players averaging double digets this season for the year.
However its not about him its a team game and now that we got our team together we can get our mojo back watchout.
There are 4-5 that can average double digets and 5-6 that can put up double digets on any given night. I expect to see some games we score tons of points they are very very good.

LH_Tuff
12-20-2012, 09:08 AM
And no one has mentioned Liberty Hill?

Current State Rankings:

1. Yates(13-1)
2.Dallas Madison(12-3)
3.Abilene Wylie(13-2)
4.San Antonio Houston(5-5)
5.Liberty Hill(16-1)
6.Hardin-Jefferson(17-1)
7.Princeton(10-3)
8.Kennedale(13-1)
9.Argyle(9-5)
10.Stephenville(11-5)

And no one has mentioned Liberty Hill?

Current State Rankings:

1. Yates(13-1)
2.Dallas Madison(12-3)
3.Abilene Wylie(13-2)
4.San Antonio Houston(5-5)
5.Liberty Hill(16-1)
6.Hardin-Jefferson(17-1)
7.Princeton(10-3)
8.Kennedale(13-1)
9.Argyle(9-5)
10.Stephenville(11-5)

I would like to see them play. Who have they beat?
I noticed Princeton beat Kennedale and we beat Princeton in the Van tourney with half the team. The Kennedale game Friday will be fun to watch. They beat us by about 10 or 12 last time. I think it will be a different story now. It will take a few weeks for the guys to get the legs back and the shots back but it should still be enough to put us over the top Friday.

LH_Tuff
12-20-2012, 09:43 AM
Only loss was by 2 points to Killeen. They have beaten several 4A and 5A teams. Coach likes to load up non-district with higher classification teams.

Only loss was by 2 points to Killeen. They have beaten several 4A and 5A teams. Coach likes to load up non-district with higher classification teams.

Sound like a real good team. Hope we see each other in Austin I already got my ticket and hotel:)

LH_Tuff
12-20-2012, 10:48 AM
Sound like a real good team. Hope we see each other in Austin I already got my ticket and hotel:)

Liberty Hill is in District 8 (Region 1). They would have to meet before Austin.

I would like to see them play. Who have they beat?
I noticed Princeton beat Kennedale and we beat Princeton in the Van tourney with half the team. The Kennedale game Friday will be fun to watch. They beat us by about 10 or 12 last time. I think it will be a different story now. It will take a few weeks for the guys to get the legs back and the shots back but it should still be enough to put us over the top Friday.

Bingo guess what VICTORY!!!

Sville's top scorer is a football player too. Soph WR #1 Stidham. Just wait until you see this kid play roundball. :eek:

Hes not the top scorer but yes he good. The point guard 1 and 23 are the top scorers

they are working, the Indians will be ready...we lost to hutchins by 20, so what..they can beat good teams by 20..we'll be alright..we are always slow out of the gate.

Hope your ready we just ran Glen Rose off the floor by 41.

Hes not the top scorer but yes he good. The point guard 1 and 23 are the top scorers

Jarrett 14, Arbnor 1, and Grayson 23 are by far the top scorers on the team night in and night out. And there are 3 or 4 more than can put up double digits on you as we'll. Juder 41 can put up double double like his brother Jarrett.

Eagle11
01-14-2013, 12:30 PM
im not sure how an average basketball team can have a thread that goes 9 pages. stop going on about the JV team and how great they are. if they are so great why didnt they start the season on varsity when the football team was winning state. just sounds like a lot of ville crap and talking themselves up to everyone. sounds like jerry jones talking about next year and how great we are going to be

im not sure how an average basketball team can have a thread that goes 9 pages. stop going on about the JV team and how great they are. if they are so great why didnt they start the season on varsity when the football team was winning state. just sounds like a lot of ville crap and talking themselves up to everyone. sounds like jerry jones talking about next year and how great we are going to be

#23 did FYI

I don't think AVERAGE teams are ranked in top ten.

refereedoc
01-14-2013, 02:32 PM
I don't have a dog in this hunt, but where is Decatur ranked in the TABC rankings?

I don't have a dog in this hunt, but where is Decatur ranked in the TABC rankings?

They are not in top 25 boys or girls.

Manso/V8
01-14-2013, 10:25 PM
#23 did FYI

Is that the kid with the major helicopter dad?

GR FAN
01-14-2013, 11:54 PM

Eagle11, amen. Go and read the thread from "Ville" on the whataburger tournament. Funny, funny stuff. All the talk about the football team being mentioned among the all time elite is another one. I think conciously or subconciously the know they dodged a bullet by going D1 and dodging Gilmer and Navasota. I think Navasota has bragging rights period in any and all threads. Won the (tougher) D2 state championship, and I think 90% agree is a 10 point better football team than Sville, bball girls are #1, boys are ranked pretty high and undefeated since I last looked. If you see a post about Navasota or from a Navasota fan, read it and believe it, a post about or from a Sville fan, skip it and write it off as them tooting their overated horns.

regaleagle
01-15-2013, 05:29 AM
Toot, toot.

jacket98,99
01-15-2013, 02:42 PM
Eagle11, amen. Go and read the thread from "Ville" on the whataburger tournament. Funny, funny stuff. All the talk about the football team being mentioned among the all time elite is another one. I think conciously or subconciously the know they dodged a bullet by going D1 and dodging Gilmer and Navasota. I think Navasota has bragging rights period in any and all threads. Won the (tougher) D2 state championship, and I think 90% agree is a 10 point better football team than Sville, bball girls are #1, boys are ranked pretty high and undefeated since I last looked. If you see a post about Navasota or from a Navasota fan, read it and believe it, a post about or from a Sville fan, skip it and write it off as them tooting their overated horns.

On behalf of everyone from s'ville....a big thank you to GR Fan for clearing up all the confusion on who would win all the theoretical matchups. Where can i get my hands on the study that shows the "90%". Anyway, now that the truth is out i think it's best that all the s'ville fans quit supporting the jackets and honeybees since it's obvious that there is no rock solid evidence to do so.

Ville-D
01-15-2013, 05:02 PM

What is the definition of a "major helicopter dad"?

Ville-D
01-15-2013, 05:07 PM

On behalf of everyone from s'ville....a big thank you to GR Fan for clearing up all the confusion on who would win all the theoretical matchups. Where can i get my hands on the study that shows the "90%". Anyway, now that the truth is out i think it's best that all the s'ville fans quit supporting the jackets and honeybees since it's obvious that there is no rock solid evidence to do so.

I will admit that Ville is a first class "horn tooter" (if that is actually a thing), but no 3a school in the state proved him wrong in football. Sounds like GR sour grapes to me.

see ya next month when district play starts, unless Stephenville is playing the caprock..thats where our team will be during the holidays...just like last year, we are flying under the radar..

OK The game is tonight lets see what you think in a few hours.
Thats from a so-called Helicopter dad.

Varsity Girls
Stephenville Bees- 70
Alvarado Indians- 15

Ville-D
01-15-2013, 08:44 PM
Varsity Girls
Stephenville Bees- 70
Alvarado Indians- 15

Final?

Manso/V8
01-15-2013, 09:28 PM

Take a guess!

83Indian
01-15-2013, 09:34 PM
Ville 45
Indians 39

Halftime

83Indian
01-15-2013, 09:55 PM
Ville 64
Indians 49

After 3

83Indian
01-15-2013, 10:13 PM
Ville 84
Indians 67

Final

Manso/V8
01-15-2013, 10:17 PM
OK The game is tonight lets see what you think in a few hours.
Thats from a so-called Helicopter dad.

You have been a bit, or maybe quite, braggadocious.......or as WE say braggatocious.

Seems to be the Stephenville norm.

Eagle11
01-16-2013, 05:28 AM
i never said we had a better team you would think you team i full of kids going pro and just wait till the JV make it. holly crap you should see out 7th grade team, they have been together for 7 years and they are really looking good. they even beat the 8th grade team. just saying no one cares about your JV team or how long they have lived in the ville. yes you had a great football team but lets set how the rest of the sports play out. I think thats the only SC you have under your 3a belt so far this year.

Like I said before Glen Rose and Alvarado are playing for second place. After seeing your boy put up 35 points Glen Rose has no chance to win. We don't expect a State Championship in basketball but we will district and make a run. I'm pretty sure I never said we had kids going pro or even college in basketball. I said they are good and have proven it year in and year out with winning. And did so again with a 17 point victory last night.

ahs_indian_fan
01-16-2013, 09:16 AM
Like I said before Glen Rose and Alvarado are playing for second place. After seeing your boy put up 35 points Glen Rose has no chance to win. We don't expect a State Championship in basketball but we will district and make a run. I'm pretty sure I never said we had kids going pro or even college in basketball. I said they are good and have proven it year in and year out with winning. And did so again with a 17 point victory last night.

Last night's game was a good one for the most part ... 5 point game with about 90 seconds left in the third quarter. Biggest difference between Alvarado and Stephenville was 3-point shooting and unforced turnovers. One team made 3-point shots while the other threw the ball away several times even when Stephenville wasn't pressing. Stephenville is very good but, IMO, they will need more of a post presence to make a deep run ... always wary of a team that relies on shooting 3s once the playoffs come around. (And I fully understand the post players might have just had an off night last night)

Manso/V8
01-16-2013, 09:21 AM

Do you think the AAU ball experience was the difference? What, no mention of #23's performance? Who was the leading scorer? Did any of the jackets tap an Indian on the shoulder and point to the scoreboard when the game was over? Did you dance a jig or taunt the indian fans post game? Has the date for the District Championship parade been set yet?

83Indian
01-16-2013, 10:49 AM

Ville difference is the defensive pressure they put on us last night. Indians don't have a point guard that can move the ball up the court effectively. We looked very undisciplined on both offense and defense. Maybe practice breaking the press? Ville had too many uncontested drives to the basket and open three point looks. Indians may win second place but wont go very far unless they change their philosophy. I have no idea what offensive plays we ran if any.

Ville has a full two teams that can come in at any time and not lose much pace. Keep getting better on defense and Ville can make some noise in the playoffs.

Coondog
01-16-2013, 03:10 PM
like i've always told the boys pressure bust the pipe! Manso yes i do think the summer AAU ball has made the difference with this group. i watched BB in the Ville for 17 years and none of the teams before this group played summer ball and the groups after this group don't play it. after next year you will see what i mean. this group plays 60 games every summer and have for the past 5 years. that's as much as an NBA season.

Manso/V8
01-16-2013, 03:21 PM
like i've always told the boys pressure bust the pipe! Manso yes i do think the summer AAU ball has made the difference with this group. i watched BB in the Ville for 17 years and none of the teams before this group played summer ball and the groups after this group don't play it. after next year you will see what i mean. this group plays 60 games every summer and have for the past 5 years. that's as much as an NBA season.

I can see how the compeitive summer ball helps for sure. BB is so much of a skill game, so repittion and good compeition is a key. You can take a world class
athlete and put a basketball in his hands, and he will look like a dork unless he has some BB experience and developed skills. I am glad these kids are enjoying the fruits of the efforts.

Do you think the AAU ball experience was the difference? What, no mention of #23's performance? Who was the leading scorer? Did any of the jackets tap an Indian on the shoulder and point to the scoreboard when the game was over? Did you dance a jig or taunt the indian fans post game? Has the date for the District Championship parade been set yet?

I didnt go to the game because my wife has cancer. I heard it on the radio from home. My friends told me that the big kid from Alvarado is the best player in the district. I think #23 had 9 points if that matters. Bottom line we won by 17 points at Alvarado and will more than likley win by more at home. I agree that without a big post player you wont go far most of the time. But i would rather have 10 kids who can go at anytime. When one group is down the other picks them up and either group can play with the other. Everyone has something to contribute and plays the game well.

You Got beat by Glen Rose I heard. So that's 1-2 in district you weren't bullshitting about being slow out of the gate.

FYI #23 is averaging 14 PPG for the year. And 18 PPG for District playing half a game.

Our so called second five has out scored the first five in 3 of 4 district games to date half way threw the district season. The first five were behing to both Venus and Hillsboro when pulled to start both games. Something is wrong when you article in the paper says such and such came off the bench to lead all score last 3 games.

Heffelfinger
01-24-2013, 07:41 AM
Is it "playing time" or "being a starter" that has you so bothered? As long as the Jackets are winning you should be proud that your son has a position on the team and is able to contribute. If you keep this up you will be miserable and your son will be ungrateful and selfish and be a cancer on the team now and the rest of his life.

[QUOTE=Heffelfinger;1735707]Is it "playing time" or "being a starter" that has you so bothered? As long as the Jackets are winning you should be proud that your son has a position on the team and is able to contribute. If you keep this up you will be miserable and your son will be ungrateful and selfish and be a cancer on the team now and the rest of his life.[/

So what about when they don't win because of it should I be happy then? Several times this year that has happened for that very reason to teams we beat by 20 plus previously. Don't get me started.

Heffelfinger
01-24-2013, 09:51 AM
Ok. Sorry to get you started, but let me add that scoring is one aspect of the game. Team chemistry, defense, and coaching are also important to a team's success, or failure.

The coach I would assume puts in the bench players to score or to provide relief for the starters. That is the role they are assigned. As an opposing player, if I have done my job and played hard against your starters and I am still in the game when the subs come in, I now have to adjust to who I am now guarding. The subs have an advantage of having watched an opponent play and playing an opponent that will be more tired and having to adjust to playing style and fresh legs. Therefore, it would allow the subs an advantage that could lead to scoring and helping the team.

The coach has the task of using his talent as best he can to win games. Through years of experience and hours with this team he has the advantage over each parent of each player on his team on how to best use his talent.

I say all this to give you a different perspective. I have been in your shoes and gone home frustrated and been miserable. I have said things about the coach in front of my kid that wasn't helpful in the long run. This too shall pass but the lessons will last a lifetime. Good luck to the Jackets.

Good point and I understand what your trying to say. You don't know the situation or you would understand better.

slingshot
01-24-2013, 12:59 PM
I foresee another Wylie/S'ville clash at the boys regional tournament... should be a classic!

Farmer Fran
01-24-2013, 01:41 PM
Since y'all are new to 3A basketball.. Here are some teams that are usually in the mix.

Hardin-Jefferson Region 3 power
Silsbee Region 3 power

1 of these 2 teams is usually in Austin almost every year. This year maybe a little more hard with Yates dropping down.
Maybe some other regions can chime in.

FB-fanatic
01-24-2013, 02:02 PM
Since y'all are new to 3A basketball.. Here are some teams that are usually in the mix.

Silsbee Region 3 power

1 of these 2 teams is usually in Austin almost every year. This year maybe a little more hard with Yates dropping down.
LaVege is down a little this year in Region 3.

Heffelfinger
01-24-2013, 02:06 PM
You are probably right about not knowing your situation. Sorry if I was offensive. Best of luck.

Good point and I understand what your trying to say. You don't know the situation or you would understand better.

ahs_indian_fan
01-25-2013, 09:51 AM
I foresee another Wylie/S'ville clash at the boys regional tournament... should be a classic!

NOT SAYING IT WON"T HAPPEN but Stephenville will have to get through Burkburnett in order to get to Lubbock and Wylie will more than likely have to get through Kennedale just to get to Lubbock. Those games went to Burkburnett and Kennedale the first time so don't count your chickens quite yet.

franz
01-25-2013, 11:20 AM
NOT SAYING IT WON"T HAPPEN but Stephenville will have to get through Burkburnett in order to get to Lubbock and Wylie will more than likely have to get through Kennedale just to get to Lubbock. Those games went to Burkburnett and Kennedale the first time so don't count your chickens quite yet.

Wylie doesn't play anybody from districts 5-8 to get to Lubbock. Wylie would like to play Kennedale

In "VILLE" when we are coached by Summer Coach we beat Burke by 20 with 7 kids. Talent wise we blow them away but that's only part of the game. Can't do much when your not on the floor but 2 or 3 minutes at a time. They have 1 real good player #15 and his dad is real cool. See we been around the block a time or 2 and have played almost 200 extra games more than an average high school basketball part time player.

NastySlot
01-25-2013, 01:34 PM
In "VILLE" when we are coached by Summer Coach we beat Burke by 20 with 7 kids. Talent wise we blow them away but that's only part of the game. Can't do much when your not on the floor but 2 or 3 minutes at a time. They have 1 real good player #15 and his dad is real cool. See we been around the block a time or 2 and have played almost 200 extra games more than an average high school basketball part time player.

getting the impression from most of your post you re not happy with the coach. Have you ever tried to meet with him and let him know your feelings for him and the program?

ahs_indian_fan
01-25-2013, 02:04 PM
Wylie doesn't play anybody from districts 5-8 to get to Lubbock. Wylie would like to play Kennedale

I stand corrected ... Wylie-Kennedale would be in the semi's ... before the showdown of the century

HEMOTOXIC
01-25-2013, 02:53 PM

Silsbee Region 3 power

My top 5 in region III

1. Yates (21-4)- Everyone knows about Jack Yates... Everyone else will probably be playing for second behind the Lions
2. Hardin Jefferson (27-3)- Very well coached team w/ lots of tradition.
3. Navasota (13-0)- Have loss to Hardin Jefferson in just about every year over the past 6-8 seasons in the playoffs... This year, it may be a different outcome. At least 5-6 of those games was decided by 1-7 points.
4. Silsbee (19-7)- Pretty good team w/ tradition as well. Beat Navasota by 2 or 3 last season in the regular season.
5. WOS/Fairfield

getting the impression from most of your post you re not happy with the coach. Have you ever tried to meet with him and let him know your feelings for him and the program?

Yes we have talked. He is a very nice man. Not going to talk about him or his coaching on here. Everyone does things differently and you can never make everyone happy. For those who don't like it can leave. And one has so far. For the family's who have more time invested and kids who take it more seriously its a bigger deal than others.

Heffelfinger
01-28-2013, 09:40 AM
Yes we have talked. He is a very nice man. Not going to talk about him or his coaching on here. Everyone does things differently and you can never make everyone happy. For those who don't like it can leave. And one has so far. For the family's who have more time invested and kids who take it more seriously its a bigger deal than others.

Classy!

jacketdawg
01-28-2013, 10:54 AM
Ok. Sorry to get you started, but let me add that scoring is one aspect of the game. Team chemistry, defense, and coaching are also important to a team's success, or failure.

The coach I would assume puts in the bench players to score or to provide relief for the starters. That is the role they are assigned. As an opposing player, if I have done my job and played hard against your starters and I am still in the game when the subs come in, I now have to adjust to who I am now guarding. The subs have an advantage of having watched an opponent play and playing an opponent that will be more tired and having to adjust to playing style and fresh legs. Therefore, it would allow the subs an advantage that could lead to scoring and helping the team.

The coach has the task of using his talent as best he can to win games. Through years of experience and hours with this team he has the advantage over each parent of each player on his team on how to best use his talent.

I say all this to give you a different perspective. I have been in your shoes and gone home frustrated and been miserable. I have said things about the coach in front of my kid that wasn't helpful in the long run. This too shall pass but the lessons will last a lifetime. Good luck to the Jackets.

Very well said! I attend many Jacket and Bee games and what I see is 10 starters wearing out (down) an opponent. The way they have played has worked in district to this point so I don't see much changing. I actually went back to my old high school last week and noticed their boys coach using the the same "Line Change" mentality and it worked great then as well. Copperas Cove beat Belton 98 to 50. I am all things Stephenville these days since my son went through the school and my daughter is now a Junior and see great things to continue for all of the programs at Stephenville.

Benchwarmer
01-28-2013, 12:25 PM
The stephenville jackets coach is doing an outstanding job and like it was mentioned earlier if you dont like it move.

Johnny Utah
01-28-2013, 01:30 PM
The stephenville jackets coach is doing an outstanding job and like it was mentioned earlier if you dont like it move.

Coach Normand is one of the best in the State. Coach Dacus did an outstanding job creating a great basketball atmosphere and program, he is a legend. Coach Normand has done an outstanding job carrying the torch to new heights. Some times the best advice parents can give themselves is just allow the players to play, the coaches to coach and the parents to cheer regardless of the outcome. Stephenville is very fortunate to have who they have leading their programs. Good luck to the Ville.

Benchwarmer
01-28-2013, 02:14 PM
Coach Normand is one of the best in the State. Coach Dacus did an outstanding job creating a great basketball atmosphere and program, he is a legend. Coach Normand has done an outstanding job carrying the torch to new heights. Some times the best advice parents can give themselves is just allow the players to play, the coaches to coach and the parents to cheer regardless of the outcome. Stephenville is very fortunate to have who they have leading their programs. Good luck to the Ville.

You are exactly right Johny Utah. Very well said!

HEMOTOXIC
01-28-2013, 02:55 PM

Coach Dacus was my coach in high school. He was an outstanding coach.

He and his wife are both good people.

Johnny Utah
01-28-2013, 06:42 PM
Coach Dacus was my coach in high school. He was an outstanding coach.

He and his wife are both good people.

Dacus is Hall of Fame caliber type. That 1990 team was special!!

Very well said! I attend many Jacket and Bee games and what I see is 10 starters wearing out (down) an opponent. The way they have played has worked in district to this point so I don't see much changing. I actually went back to my old high school last week and noticed their boys coach using the the same "Line Change" mentality and it worked great then as well. Copperas Cove beat Belton 98 to 50. I am all things Stephenville these days since my son went through the school and my daughter is now a Junior and see great things to continue for all of the programs at Stephenville.

That's a great way to look at it. And I am grateful for all coaches and teachers. As long as they are healthy and happy that's all that matters. Everyone's opinion of coaches varies on what your comparing it with.
Coach Dacus for example was/is a great man. A great roll model and a fine human being who loves basketball and his kids. Did he win games? Yes he won a lot games. Did he put the banners on the wall? Not at Stephenville. Is it the coaches fault? Or the communities for its lack of interest and not embracing the game. If you only play basketball during basketball you can not compete in today's game.
The athletes are encouraged to play multiple sports and most of them have decided to do just that and not focus on basketball year around anymore. In the end the school is more fun for everyone and kids can just be kids and have fun playing everything.
PEACE

regaleagle
01-28-2013, 07:33 PM
Each region will have its representative in Austin for the State tournament. Whether or not that team is a Top Ten team statewide does not matter. Four regional champs will play it off in Austin. Lots of times the best team in the state doesn't make the trip. So it doesn't matter at this point who's better than whom....as long as those teams can lineup and play competitively against each other when crunch time comes. It's survival of the draw, the lucky shot or missed shot, somebody that got a hot hand that game....or enumberable other circumstances that could happen. Let's just say district champs and runners' ups are all in the mix.

HEMOTOXIC
01-29-2013, 01:04 PM
Dacus is Hall of Fame caliber type. That 1990 team was special!!

Yes they were... With a 35-0 record, that was very special!

mwrams
01-29-2013, 05:51 PM
Interesting stat. # 2 Stephenville is 21-8, #3 Kennedale is 22-6...Unranked Mineral Wells is 21-6 Just a note...

Interesting stat. # 2 Stephenville is 21-8, #3 Kennedale is 22-6...Unranked Mineral Wells is 21-6 Just a note...

Look at who they played.

I know Dacus is a excellent coach his numbers and previous success at Navasota proved that. (Mike Dacus , who coached at Navasota for 23 years and compiled a 529-199 record with the Rattlers)

Benchwarmer
01-30-2013, 10:58 AM
I know Dacus is a excellent coach his numbers and previous success at Navasota proved that. (Mike Dacus , who coached at Navasota for 23 years and compiled a 529-199 record with the Rattlers)

Coach Normands previous success is right up there with the best of them. Ville its quite obvious you have an axe to grind so either spit it out or move on. Both the Jackets and Honeybees are having successful seasons that could result in more success in the post season. Why not just enjoy the ride?
http://www.yourstephenvilletx.com/sports/article_19e8da65-78f2-5c91-a51a-63144d8acf23.html

Heffelfinger
01-30-2013, 11:46 AM

Not classy.

Johnny Utah
01-30-2013, 12:19 PM
Ville, Jake and Dots go up on prices?? Did Mary's in Strawn not give you enough CFS for the money?? Did Peacocks not make your eggs over easy?? GEEZ!!!!!!!!!! Pulling for the Jackets, no matter how well they do, how far they go it wont be enough I guess. But, Normand and Dacus are legends. Those kids and programs are very lucky to have had Coach Dacus and now have Coach Normand. Oh, and Coach Dacus has a few banners in the Ville gym.

Farmer Fran
01-30-2013, 02:00 PM
I saw on another site where Stephenville will play Silsbee in a warmup game in the Fort Worth Showcase, if this is true. Stephenville will get a true first hand experience at playing a excellent Silsbee team. Silsbee plays a in your face full court press and go about 10 deep on the bench, and they are relentless on both ends of the court.

NastySlot
01-30-2013, 02:04 PM
I saw on another site where Stephenville will play Silsbee in a warmup game in the Fort Worth Showcase, if this is true. Stephenville will get a true first hand experience at playing a excellent Silsbee team. Silsbee plays a in your face full court press and go about 10 deep on the bench, and they are relentless on both ends of the court.

but do they play year round summer AAU ball? S-ville does.

Farmer Fran
01-30-2013, 02:14 PM

Some of them do, but Sville probably plays at the elite level AAU.
The Ville will probably run poor ole Silsbee out of the gym http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f242/tonksloveslupin/Laughing_RoflSmileyLJ.gif

Coondog
01-30-2013, 02:17 PM

i don't want to get in the middle of all of this but some of the things i'm reading here is just funny. Johnny Utah have you ever even been to the s'ville gym? for your info there are 6 that's right 6 banners hanging on the boys end of the gym. that's 50 years of basketball. i haven't counted but there are somewhere around 30 or so on the girls end. Normand is a good coach, in my opinion better with the XOXO's part than maybe with the people part. Legend?? hmmmm. i tell you this cheapshot if your program is not playing summer aau or some type of summer basketball you will not be competing these days. oh and we are not playing sislbee we are playing Mexia good loard fellows get something right!

Farmer Fran
01-30-2013, 02:26 PM
i don't want to get in the middle of all of this but some of the things i'm reading here is just funny. Johnny Utah have you ever even been to the s'ville gym? for your info there are 6 that's right 6 banners hanging on the boys end of the gym. that's 50 years of basketball. i haven't counted but there are somewhere around 30 or so on the girls end. Normand is a good coach, in my opinion better with the XOXO's part than maybe with the people part. Legend?? hmmmm. i tell you this cheapshot if your program is not playing summer aau or some type of summer basketball you will not be competing these days. oh and we are not playing sislbee we are playing Mexia good loard fellows get something right!

The Silsbee coaching staff said they were playing Sville. I guess we will see.

NastySlot
01-30-2013, 02:43 PM
i tell you this cheapshot if your program is not playing summer aau or some type of summer basketball you will not be competing these days. !

your right when you say some type. That is true for pretty much all sports....7v7 for football, club volleyball, travel(select) baseball or softball.

Not classy.

What are you talking about not classy. I personally like coach Dacus very much. I copied and pasted his record at Navasota what's wrong with that? I said coach Normand was a very nice man and had nothing to say negative about him personally as I stated before. Everyone is assuming what they want. Don't put words in my mouth. Don't assume because I make comments on a message board there is negative intentions. Do I think the team could be playing better? YES
Is it ALL the coaches fault. NO. Does he have some responsibility for it? I guess each person has an opinion on that.
I agree with Coon dog 100%

Benchwarmer
01-30-2013, 02:59 PM
i don't want to get in the middle of all of this but some of the things i'm reading here is just funny.

Now this part of your quote is what I find funny and amusing. Guys Stephenville is a small town full of proud folks that dont take real kindly to there own townfolk ridiculing them. Coondog you been chasing those txwildhogs with a touch of yellowjacketfever in the woods again or did you just decide to play nice for awhile? I looked around for the right emoticon because I felt like giving you the full monty:1popcorn:

Benchwarmer
01-30-2013, 03:01 PM

Imagine that.

Coondog
01-30-2013, 03:09 PM
i'm not texwildhog or yellowjacketfever . . i am plaxicojacket on the old coach if that helps you.

Now this part of your quote is what I find funny and amusing. Guys Stephenville is a small town full of proud folks that dont take real kindly to there own townfolk ridiculing them. Coondog you been chasing those txwildhogs with a touch of yellowjacketfever in the woods again or did you just decide to play nice for awhile? I looked around for the right emoticon because I felt like giving you the full monty:1popcorn:

No one is ridiculing anyone. And if you don't think AAU ball is the difference between a team that competes at a high level you don't know a thing about basketball. Why don't you look at the top 100 200 300 whatever and find out for yourself. Why do you think Marcus Smart and Phil Forte are so good? It's because they been playing together for 10 or 11 years in AAU. It's not because of anything except they have been trained to play the game and it didn't happen in a 2 or 3 month season. PERIOD

If the kids don't start playing with some fire the season will be over very very soon.

And just for the record Coach Normand and his wife have been very very supportive of my wife's durging her time of need. His wife also being a cancer survivor and patient has been a big help to Vanessa. All of the parents have also been supportive and offered a helping hand if needed. She is clear of lung cancer and now we can deal with her arm tumor. SO PLEASE don't think because someone has a comment about basketball or AAU that its ridiculing someone. I may or may not agree with what any coach says or does about basketball. But that's my opinion and I can express it. I actually have held back and refrained from mentioning specific details as to not hurt anyone's felling including players and coaches and their families. The one thing I can agree with is Parents should just sit back and watch and enjoy watching the game. Do we get to involved? Probably so but that's our kids and we have that right to do so if we so choose. This is a forum about 3A sports and that includes players and coaches as mentioned in countless threads. So my suggestion is if you don't like what's on here don't read it or simply just let it go.

Coondog
01-30-2013, 04:19 PM
Framer Fran i looked up my email from coach Normand and he said we play Mexia at Waco Robinson on Feb. 11 at 7:00. they are replacing the game we had scheduled with Midland Lee. ML coach called and backed out saying they may not make the playoffs. not sure if that maybe some kind of a warm up game if both teams win their districts and catch a bye in the 1st round. i will ask Normand when i see him friday morning and we will know for sure.

mwrams
01-30-2013, 04:33 PM
Stephenville is the greatest thing since sliced bread i Hoops. Don't believe it...Just ask em' LOL! There you guys go with that looked who they played crap. Does it matter? Baylor went 40-0 last year... I havn't heard one person say Look who they played. Give us some credit. Our girls have out scored our opponents by 700 points this year...and yes, I have been to the Jackets Gym. As a matter of fact I watched our boys receive the District Champ trophy there a few years ago.

Farmer Fran
01-30-2013, 05:15 PM
Framer Fran i looked up my email from coach Normand and he said we play Mexia at Waco Robinson on Feb. 11 at 7:00. they are replacing the game we had scheduled with Midland Lee. ML coach called and backed out saying they may not make the playoffs. not sure if that maybe some kind of a warm up game if both teams win their districts and catch a bye in the 1st round. i will ask Normand when i see him friday morning and we will know for sure.

Thanks Coondog. I

Stephenville is the greatest thing since sliced bread i Hoops. Don't believe it...Just ask em' LOL! There you guys go with that looked who they played crap. Does it matter? Baylor went 40-0 last year... I havn't heard one person say Look who they played. Give us some credit. Our girls have out scored our opponents by 700 points this year...and yes, I have been to the Jackets Gym. As a matter of fact I watched our boys receive the District Champ trophy there a few years ago.

Again look who they played. Castleberry, Diamond Hills Jarvis the list goes on and on. The only win I saw worth even mentioning was burk.
Kennedale beat you by 16 or 17 same with Springtown.

Farmer Fran
01-30-2013, 06:21 PM

Stephenville is playing Mexia on Feb. 11. Well that is true but that is not the playoff warm up game. Stephenville ends district play on Friday Feb. 8 and is open on that next Mon-Tues. night when district play ends. That is just a fill in game to end the regular season. The playoff warm up games are not played till Fri-Sat Feb. 15,16. That is when the Whataburger Playoff Preview is scheduled to play and that is when Silsbee would play Stephenville.

It still could change though but that is what Coach Sigler from Silsbee has said. Again, Stephenville may have decided not to play

Coondog
01-30-2013, 07:02 PM
Yes Farmer Fran I just heard from coach Normand and said we are playing. My appologies. Good call should b a fun game.

mwrams
01-31-2013, 06:32 AM
You just cant stand it can you. Always putting us down. But when I was in school here...Way before you guys found them roids....WE WHOOPED YALL'S COUNTRY ARSE!!!!

You just cant stand it can you. Always putting us down. But when I was in school here...Way before you guys found them roids....WE WHOOPED YALL'S COUNTRY ARSE!!!!

With all due respect. Your schedule is very weak sorry if that bothers you or you think I'm putting you down. That it not my intention. Roids? Don't know about that I guess you know something I don't?

Heffelfinger
01-31-2013, 09:38 AM
What are you talking about not classy. I personally like coach Dacus very much. I copied and pasted his record at Navasota what's wrong with that? I said coach Normand was a very nice man and had nothing to say negative about him personally as I stated before. Everyone is assuming what they want. Don't put words in my mouth. Don't assume because I make comments on a message board there is negative intentions. Do I think the team could be playing better? YES
Is it ALL the coaches fault. NO. Does he have some responsibility for it? I guess each person has an opinion on that.

Once again, my apologies. I don't like making a habit of saying I'm sorry, but I misunderstood your not mentioning Coach Dacus' Stephenville coaching record as being disrespectful.

Once again, my apologies. I don't like making a habit of saying I'm sorry, but I misunderstood your not mentioning Coach Dacus' Stephenville coaching record as being disrespectful.

Its all good my friend no worries.

Its all good my friend no worries.

lostaussie
01-31-2013, 02:54 PM
This is the first time I have opened this thread.........but after 6 pages on Jacket roundball..............there has got to be some good stuff in this thread somewhere:D

Stephenville sweeps Alvarado in every game played in boys and girls basketball last night.
The varsity boys held Xavier Adams to 11 points. The Jackets won big to all but lock up the District Championship. The Girls (Bees) are District Champs!!!! It was senior night and Parent night and was fun to watch. Glen Rose is a game up on Alvarado for the playoff spot.

Bosqueville
02-02-2013, 06:27 PM
Any of you jacket fans been to the new arena in Glen Rose? Impressive I hear.

Any of you jacket fans been to the new arena in Glen Rose? Impressive I hear.

It's real nice. They have a very nice place and a great little town. Like a little mini college arena. The only thing I think they messed up on is the audio and video. The screen is fuzzy and the sound isn't real good. But it's still better than Everyone else's. But they have a really great gym with an awesome set up. The boys say the rim is stiff and the ball has a long hard bounce off of it. Great place for playoff basketball.

defense51
02-02-2013, 10:12 PM
Ville, do you know the score from last night?

Ville, do you know the score from last night?

61-46
We cleared the bench last 4 minutes to make it closer got over 20 points before that.