PDA

View Full Version : Guaranteed Division 1 Playoff Teams

91 lion
02-03-2012, 05:07 PM
......if they make it.

1st, 2nd or 3rd....no matter. Obviously, many wont be there in the end, but its never bad to forcast.

I see some potentially great matchups.

What potential regional matchups are you looking forward to?

R1
Pampa
Lubbock Cooper
Clint Mountain View
Big Spring
Burkburnett
Mineral Wells
Stephenville
Lampasas

R2
Decatur
Carrolton Ranchview
Dallas Hutchens
Princeton
Paris
Kaufman
Mabank
Kilgore

R3
La Vega
College Station
Palestine
Carthage
Silsbee
Splendora
Houston Yates
Stafford

R4
El Campo
Gonzales
Fredericksburg
Somerset
Hondo
Rockport Fulton
Kingsville King
Hildalgo Early College

regaleagle
02-03-2012, 05:26 PM
"If they make it" is a mouthful, for sure. Many will not, and therefore a smaller school will take the D1 spot in that district. Perhaps a very good team not even on your list. In fact, chances are this exact scenario will occur in more than just a few districts statewide, and the teams taking the spots will more than likely be very good teams not even included here. So forecasting just these teams limits the match-ups substantially.

toddg
02-03-2012, 05:37 PM
"If they make it" is a mouthful, for sure. Many will not, and therefore a smaller school will take the D1 spot in that district. Perhaps a very good team not even on your list. In fact, chances are this exact scenario will occur in more than just a few districts statewide, and the teams taking the spots will more than likely be very good teams not even included here. So forecasting just these teams limits the match-ups substantially.
well..we all know who the D1 and D2 teams will be out of district 7 in reg1....the district champ(Alvarado)D2, the runner-up(Stephenville)D1 and Glen Rose D2

91 lion
02-03-2012, 05:41 PM

Agreed...but the fact that 3rd place still puts them in this group will definitely factor in. Im completely aware are the history of the "big schools" and their record of not making it to the dance. Heck, the largest team in our district the last few years was the worst of all district teams....so i get your point. Nonetheless, I thought it could be interesting to look at.

91 lion
02-03-2012, 05:42 PM
well..we all know who the D1 and D2 teams will be out of district 7 in reg1....the district champ(Alvarado)D2, the runner-up(Stephenville)D1 and Glen Rose D2

I like your optimism!

Roughneck93
02-03-2012, 05:53 PM
I think Columbia still goes D1. Just don't see Stafford being able to finish ahead of us, Sweeny and La Marque. That would make for an interesting Columbia/Yates first round matchup.

91 lion
02-03-2012, 06:07 PM
I think Columbia still goes D1. Just don't see Stafford being able to finish ahead of us, Sweeny and La Marque. That would make for an interesting Columbia/Yates first round matchup.

I believe that too.

Ville-D
02-03-2012, 06:51 PM
Funny. I saw Alvarado play twice in the playoffs last year, and you seem to be a tad over confident. Don't put the "runner-up" tag on the Jackets just yet.

'Necks 2013-14
02-03-2012, 08:47 PM
......if they make it.

1st, 2nd or 3rd....no matter. Obviously, many wont be there in the end, but its never bad to forcast.

I see some potentially great matchups. ???wth???

What potential regional matchups are you looking forward to?

R1
pampa
lubbock cooper
clint mountain view
big spring
burkburnett
mineral wells
stephenville
lampasas

r2
decatur
carrolton ranchview
dallas hutchens
princeton
paris
kaufman
mabank
kilgore

r3
la vega
college station
palestine
carthage
silsbee
splendora
houston yates
columbia <<<<<< not stafford. Fixed it 4u. Stafford??? Really????? Smdh

r4
el campo
gonzales
fredericksburg
somerset
hondo
rockport fulton
kingsville king
hildalgo early college???wth??? Quick math lesson fer ya....Stafford no equals playoffs! Fugeta boutit!

toddg
02-03-2012, 10:27 PM
Funny. I saw Alvarado play twice in the playoffs last year, and you seem to be a tad over confident. Don't put the "runner-up" tag on the Jackets just yet.

i was wondering if some Jacket folks would catch that:)...if you saw the Indians twice in the playoffs, then you probably already know we wont be pushovers...my wife on the other hand, says she is confident in the "L" her alma mater will hand the Jackets next year...all posturing aside, I'm looking forward to the Alvarado/Stephenville game...ought to be a good one!

ccmom
02-03-2012, 10:36 PM
What am I missing here? Big Spring is a guaranteed playoff team? Ummmm...okaaaaayyyy...

toddg
02-03-2012, 10:56 PM
What am I missing here? Big Spring is a guaranteed playoff team? Ummmm...okaaaaayyyy...

you didnt know?! Big Spring got some move-ins from Clyde and Post that will put them over the hump!:eek:

ccmom
02-03-2012, 11:25 PM
you didnt know?! Big Spring got some move-ins from Clyde and Post that will put them over the hump!:eek: Haha...bless their hearts. 3A has not been kind to them.

91 lion
02-04-2012, 01:48 AM

oh cc! i meant that if they get 1st 2nd or 3rd, they will be guaranteed to go D1.

hollywood
02-04-2012, 06:35 AM

Alvarado would have had to catch Stephenville on a pretty bad game last season to beat them. They return all but one of their skill positions this season. What makes you sure that y'all will beat them this season?

What does Alvarado have coming back?

mwrams
02-04-2012, 07:21 AM
The Jackets will blow Alvarado away. Mark it down.

cowboyandchrist
02-04-2012, 07:42 AM
I have no idea who will be the 2012 state champs this time, in the past 10 years I knew a beast from the East would take one or both. This year we have teams all over the state with outstanding players. The 4a drop downs will be in the hunt for sure, but WC, Navasota, Arygle, Carthage, Henderson, Chapell Hill, Kilgore, Celina, Alvarado, and the list goes on. all have very , very good teams. I will make a prediction though, If 16 3a has a team that can make it through district healthly, they will be ready for any team in the state come playoff time. Carthage and a team from 16 3a will go five and six rounds this year.

toddg
02-04-2012, 07:55 AM
Alvarado would have had to catch Stephenville on a pretty bad game last season to beat them. They return all but one of their skill positions this season. What makes you sure that y'all will beat them this season?

What does Alvarado have coming back?i threw that in there to catch some ville posters off guard..but..i'll say this,,Alvarado would have, at the very least, gave them all they wanted last year..bad game or not.
Alvarado has 4 def and 8 off starters with several sophs that were spot players on def last year..Alvarado will be in the hunt again next year and if Brownwood makes the playoffs, you may get to see first hand, as D2 is a positive. as for next year against Stephenville, its going to be a hot contest thats for sure..ill have a better feel for that game after seeing these two in the first half of their seasons. Alvarado is 27-3 with players that started 7th grade in Coach Dixons program..so we aint going away anytime soon.

ccmom
02-04-2012, 09:00 AM
oh cc! i meant that if they get 1st 2nd or 3rd, they will be guaranteed to go D1. Gotcha. Well, I knew I must have misunderstood, unless there was another Big Spring somewhere. :)

HEMOTOXIC
02-04-2012, 12:17 PM
District 18, College Station will not participate in varsity football. Navasota will be the division 1 representative.

COBRAFOOTBALL
02-04-2012, 12:26 PM

What does Alvarado have coming back?My son will be there to give ya fits. lol..

HEMOTOXIC
02-04-2012, 01:17 PM
I forgot that Taylor is back in our district.... So, the Ducks are the div 1 Rep.

83Indian
02-05-2012, 12:31 AM
The Jackets will blow Alvarado away. Mark it down.

Sounds like a Lions88 post. Lucky for you the realignment means Mineral Wells won't face the Ville in round 1. Now that would be ugly.

mwrams
02-05-2012, 05:43 AM
Alvarado: Enjoy it while you can because pretty soon you will be right back where you have always been...just like us, mediocre at best...at least until we get a decent head coach...wanna trade?

toddg
02-05-2012, 08:29 AM
Alvarado: Enjoy it while you can because pretty soon you will be right back where you have always been...just like us, mediocre at best...at least until we get a decent head coach...wanna trade?
our coach is top notch..just ask anybody who knows High school football..he has built our program to a high level, and i believe we will be there awhile..based on the performance of all our teams from varsity on down to the jh's..we have a defensive coordinator whom i believe is among the best in the state...our entire coaching staff is great!

mwrams
02-05-2012, 06:40 PM
I was speaking of our Coach not Alvarado's