PDA

View Full Version : Texas Rangers

Farmersfan
02-03-2012, 09:17 AM
Roy Oswalt or no Roy Oswalt? I personally think the Rangers could only benefit form his experience and talent. The reports are that Oswalt would not be signed in Texas because he refuses to pitch in relief. I'm not so sure I don't put Harrison or Ogando in the bull Pen in favor of Oswalt. We all saw the increased productiviity of this staff after Cliff Lee spent some time here. If Oswalt's experience helps bring Ogando, Feliz and the other young arms around then it's money well spent. Yu Darvish could certainly benefit from a experienced and calming influence. Besides, even though he had one of his lesser productive seasons last year Oswalt still had a ERA that would be 3rd best on this team with only 10 walks on the entire season. CJ walked 2.5 hitters every game=Oswalt walked 1 hitter every 2.5 games.

Thoughts or comments?

orange machine
02-03-2012, 09:20 AM
Roy Oswalt or no Roy Oswalt? I personally think the Rangers could only benefit form his experience and talent. The reports are that Oswalt would not be signed in Texas because he refuses to pitch in relief. I'm not so sure I don't put Harrison or Ogando in the bull Pen in favor of Oswalt. We all saw the increased productiviity of this staff after Cliff Lee spent some time here. If Oswalt's experience helps bring Ogando, Feliz and the other young arms around then it's money well spent. Yu Darvish could certainly benefit from a experienced and calming influence. Besides, even though he had one of his lesser productive seasons last year Oswalt still had a ERA that would be 3rd best on this team with only 10 walks on the entire season. CJ walked 2.5 hitters every game=Oswalt walked 1 hitter every 2.5 games.

Thoughts or comments?
I say get him and move Feliz back to the pen.

Farmersfan
02-03-2012, 09:21 AM
Sorry! I made a mistake. Oswalt walked 33 last season in 23 games. He allowed 10 HRs which I mixed up with walks.

369 ERA
23 games
10 HR
33 BB
93 SO
9-10 record

Txbroadcaster
02-03-2012, 09:26 AM
I have no problem if they go after Roy, but to assume he would help YU in anyway is bad thinking IMO..two different style pitchers.

Txbroadcaster
02-03-2012, 09:28 AM
Sorry! I made a mistake. Oswalt walked 33 last season in 23 games. He allowed 10 HRs which I mixed up with walks.

369 ERA
23 games
10 HR
33 BB
93 SO
9-10 record

10 HR in just 23 games is kinda scary

GrTigers6
02-03-2012, 09:36 AM
10 HR in just 23 games is kinda scaryWhy thats only 2.3 a game! LOL I dont have a problem with Oswalt either. He could help a young staff in situational pitching as well as possible leadership role!