PDA

View Full Version : Anybody know Gonzales' pre-district schedule?

Gontex
02-03-2012, 04:31 AM
I saw in the Victoria Advocate where the Apaches will be starting in week 0 with Victoria East in Gonzales. Anybody know the rest of the schedule?

warpath
02-03-2012, 08:45 AM
Vic east/Bastrop/Lanier/College station/Sa Sam houston/Was going to play lagrange and smithville....realignment changed that... And Columbus new coach opted for rice consol... So they will be 2nd scrimmage

YTBulldogs
02-03-2012, 08:59 AM
Vic east/Bastrop/Lanier/College station/Sa Sam houston/Was going to play lagrange and smithville....realignment changed that... And Columbus new coach opted for rice consol... So they will be 2nd scrimmage

Very nice Coach Lock. Look for another strong showing from our friends in ApacheLand. Glad we remained in the same district with ya'll and Cuero. D26 looks very solid, huh?

Gontex
02-03-2012, 10:43 AM

Little meat in that schedule. Sounds like what Coach Royal said about the Horns' schedule once. He said all the white meat was gone and there was nothing left on the plate but necks. Congrats on the scholarships for Landon and Cody. Really glad to hear they are going to stay together. ENMU is a long way from home, so having a buddy there will surely help. One of my wife's cousins used to be baseball coach there. I'm not sure if he still is.

warpath
02-03-2012, 12:29 PM
Thanks.. They both loved it out there and they both think this new coaching staff will turn things around..Coach Lynn won a lot at NMHI and played at ENMU..

Little tougher non-district schedlue adding east, bastrop, and Sam houston to it... Got Lanier when lg became district member.. got college station when new coach at Columbus opted for rice Consol... You never know what the future holds but I know our kids will play hard....Beware of the TRIBE!!
Little meat in that schedule. Sounds like what Coach Royal said about the Horns' schedule once. He said all the white meat was gone and there was nothing left on the plate but necks. Congrats on the scholarships for Landon and Cody. Really glad to hear they are going to stay together. ENMU is a long way from home, so having a buddy there will surely help. One of my wife's cousins used to be baseball coach there. I'm not sure if he still is.

warpath
02-03-2012, 12:31 PM
district should be very competitive

Very nice Coach Lock. Look for another strong showing from our friends in ApacheLand. Glad we remained in the same district with ya'll and Cuero. D26 looks very solid, huh?

Gontex
02-03-2012, 12:39 PM
I like the schedule. I always wondered why we didn't already have one of the Victoria schools on the schedule. Numbers may be a little skewed with East and the Bears, but they will be as tough as anyone you will play in district. I think I would have like to have seen Victoria West there with Leonard being coach there now, but this will still be a good one.

Old Green
02-03-2012, 01:23 PM
That's a very challengeing schedule.

ApachePride
02-04-2012, 12:32 AM
Is that the new College Station High? Are they going to field varsity football?

Gontex
02-04-2012, 07:18 AM
I was wondering the same thing. UIL website said they were a basketball only school. Still will be a challenging schedule. Bastrop dropped down from 5A with the opening of the new school at Cedar Creek. Looks like they have built a beautiful new facility between Bastrop and Cedar Creek for football. It's going to be exciting playing Victoria East as well. Snotbubbles should be happy because Apaches will be playing his Hurricane in non-district. Hope we get to play at the Rockpile on Thursday night. Hey man, let's play some football.

Is that the new College Station High? Are they going to field varsity football?

ApachePride
02-04-2012, 08:37 AM
My mother lives in College Station. They are building that new school literally two blocks from her house. When Bryan ISD opened up Rudder high about four or five years ago, Rudder chose to play varsity football with just sophomores and freshmen in a 3A district. They got slaughtered in football, but I think they made the playoffs in boys and girls basketball.

Snotbubbles
02-04-2012, 12:24 PM
I was wondering the same thing. UIL website said they were a basketball only school. Still will be a challenging schedule. Bastrop dropped down from 5A with the opening of the new school at Cedar Creek. Looks like they have built a beautiful new facility between Bastrop and Cedar Creek for football. It's going to be exciting playing Victoria East as well. Snotbubbles should be happy because Apaches will be playing his Hurricane in non-district. Hope we get to play at the Rockpile on Thursday night. Hey man, let's play some football.

Hey Gontex, how you doing? Sorry, been away with our BB team. They should make a nice deep playoff run.

Our football team next few years will be down. We lost a lot from this year's team. Our SV players are not good, and we don't have nothing coming back. Our weak district, we might challenge for a playoff spot though. LV will win it easily. Not sure we will give you game any better than Looling did last year.

YTBulldogs
02-04-2012, 12:55 PM
Hey Gontex, how you doing? Sorry, been away with our BB team. They should make a nice deep playoff run.

Our football team next few years will be down. We lost a lot from this year's team. Our SV players are not good, and we don't have nothing coming back. Our weak district, we might challenge for a playoff spot though. LV will win it easily. Not sure we will give you game any better than Looling did last year.

SB's--I must agree with ya. Appears Sam Houston took a mighty hit losing all their quality talent. How many players committed to a college off this years team? 5 or 6? Very impressive from what I seen on KSAT 12 news.

And yes, the Canes sub-varsity looked very weak this past season. No help in the pipeline.

YTBulldogs
02-04-2012, 01:18 PM
Coach Lock, congrats to your son--Landon. He had a great HS career and I look forward to tracking his college career as well. He was a pleasure to watch the past 2 years and wish him well at the next level.

Gontex
02-04-2012, 03:04 PM

Doing good. I haven't been following bb much this year. I think the Apaches are having one of their worst years ever. Congrats to all your guys signing scholarships. McGee going to Baylor is good, but I would rather have seen him at Texas. Apaches should be pretty strong next year. Nearly the entire offensive line is back, jr. running back returns, and the qb who was the starter last year before he went down with a shoulder injury should be healed up and ready to play. Can't forget Lopez in the defensive backfield. LV is definitely going to be strong. How will Somerset do in that district? Apaches will go DI if they make the playoffs.

Papá Oso
02-04-2012, 10:40 PM
Pretty sure it will be Somerset that would go Div 1. I like our team coming back, our undefeated JV team from this last year outscored the 3 teams that are still with us 96-12 so I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't be disappointed if we weren't playing Somerset for the DC in the last game of the year. Like SH, Somerset is losing quite a bit as well I believe including their Big QB. Not sure what they have coming up from JV as we didn't face them but I know they do have a another young QB coming up and I'm sure the Detmer crew will have him coached up by the time week 10 rolls around. We have another tough non district schedule so as long as our kids keep improving week to week and peak in district when it counts I'd look for another good run in the playoffs.

warpath
02-05-2012, 05:38 PM
Thanks.. He and the senior class did a very good job leading this year...Glad he and Jurek are getting the opportunity to play at the next level.. Thanks Again!!
Coach Lock, congrats to your son--Landon. He had a great HS career and I look forward to tracking his college career as well. He was a pleasure to watch the past 2 years and wish him well at the next level.