PDA

View Full Version : Josh hamilton

Txbroadcaster
02-02-2012, 09:14 PM
Has taken a step back in his sobriety http://rangersblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2012/02/source-rangers-josh-hamilton-h.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Old LB
02-02-2012, 09:23 PM
Now why in the hell would they try to drag the Stone name into this story! :mad:

Txbroadcaster
02-02-2012, 09:25 PM
Now why in the hell would they try to drag the Stone name into this story! :mad:

because it shows how tough of a time Hamilton had with it. I would be shocked if that event was not a main catalyst to him slipping

Old LB
02-02-2012, 09:26 PM
because it shows how tough of a time Hamilton had with it. I would be shocked if that event was not a main catalyst to him slipping

Well, Shannon was my friend and I will refrain from futher comment but I disagree with it.

Txbroadcaster
02-02-2012, 09:28 PM
Well, Shannon was my friend and I will refrain from futher comment but I disagree with it.

I guess I am not understanding the issue you have with it

Sweetwater Red
02-02-2012, 09:33 PM
Complete copout by Hamilton.

Macarthur
02-02-2012, 09:36 PM
Oops. That just cost him some money.

Old LB
02-02-2012, 09:38 PM
I guess I am not understanding the issue you have with it

This problem existed prior to this incident, this guy has all the means to deal with his issues. The Stone family name should not be associated with his self destructive decisions. This seems like a reporter trying to climb the ladder or something. Jenny and Cooper are fine folks and don't need to hear crap like this.

coach
02-02-2012, 09:42 PM
Complete copout by Hamilton.

????

Txbroadcaster
02-02-2012, 09:43 PM
This problem existed prior to this incident, this guy has all the means to deal with his issues. The Stone family name should not be associated with his self destructive decisions. This seems like a reporter trying to climb the ladder or something. Jenny and Cooper are fine folks and don't need to hear crap like this.

Ahh I got ya..yes the problem was before, but something as tragic as what happened and the guilt Hamilton has said to be carrying I dont see how you write about hiim slipping and not mention it

regaleagle
02-02-2012, 10:04 PM
It was just a tragic circumstance for all concerned. I'm certain it weighs heavily on Josh, but mentioning it for the family to read in the mainstream media is heartless, nonetheless. I agree with OLD LB on this one. Of course, we all know the media is heartless anyway.

Sweetwater Red
02-02-2012, 10:04 PM
????

Addicts make every excuse in the world to blame everyone but themselves and that's what he's doing.

Txbroadcaster
02-02-2012, 10:05 PM
Addicts make every excuse in the world to blame everyone but themselves and that's what he's doing.

he blamed no one, he has not made a comment yet

coach
02-02-2012, 11:10 PM
he blamed no one, he has not made a comment yet

Actually he has. He's blamed himself which makes his comment even dumber

Txbroadcaster
02-02-2012, 11:25 PM
Actually he has. He's blamed himself which makes his comment even dumber

I meant for this latest one

RoyceTTU
02-03-2012, 10:02 AM

Well put!!! I 100% agree

coach
02-03-2012, 12:14 PM
You gotta give credit where credit is due.....his wife is a warrior. The perfect example of love and never giving up on someone you truly love.

Roughneck93
02-03-2012, 04:20 PM
Josh speaks on his relapse...

http://www.chron.com/sports/article/Rangers-Hamilton-confirms-alcohol-relapse-2994513.php

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/03/josh-hamilton-i-had-a-weak-moment-it-was-just-wrong/

bobcat1
02-03-2012, 04:41 PM
Josh speaks on his relapse...

http://www.chron.com/sports/article/Rangers-Hamilton-confirms-alcohol-relapse-2994513.php

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/03/josh-hamilton-i-had-a-weak-moment-it-was-just-wrong/Seems like a bunch about nothing to me. He said it was wrong. Why can't everyone just move on.

regaleagle
02-03-2012, 05:14 PM
Ok, he is a talented baseball player trying to keep himself from slipping back into drug addiction. He has a great job, great people around him, and a very littered past that he has managed to overcome with flying colors. If he were to lose his job today, would it impact your life? Probably not. What feelings would you experience for him, and how do those correlate to your own life? It's a news media story, a Texas Rangers story, and a Josh Hamilton, friends, and family story. I wish him well, but I'm not going to let it spoil my day.

91 lion
02-03-2012, 05:34 PM

Agree with you Old LB...I put that one squarely on the reporter. My guess is that Hamilton doesn't want to be reminded of the tragedy just as much as we don't.

It looks like the incident was rehashed to tie in the psycologist to the story.