PDA

View Full Version : How did you stop Daughtery Airlines?

this is the way we ball
10-20-2002, 11:16 AM
Gainesville beat them when Daughtery had a hurt ankle... Decatur beat them in bad conditions....

What is the secret to stopping this offense on good conditions?

Jacket2000
10-20-2002, 11:30 AM
Attack him on Thursday night and pray for rain on Friday?
J2K

Keith7
10-20-2002, 12:03 PM
His ankle was fine.. thats just an excuse

this is the way we ball
10-20-2002, 12:05 PM
Keith7 what did ya'll run defensively against Bridgeport? :rolleyes:

The One
10-20-2002, 12:49 PM
I am going to repeat what I have already said and this time Keith listen up!

Gainesville beat us because they have a tremendous group of ATHELETES. They have 7 to 8 outstanding extremeley fast atheletes. Their game plan was to play them on both sides of the ball. That equalled the best and fastest secondary Bridgeport and Daughtery has ever faced.

Was Daughtery injured? Yes, Did it make a difference in the game? No. The only thing it limited was Daughtery usually runs a little more then he did in that game.

Now Keith I have not seen one Bridgeport fan on this site that has said we lost that game because Daughtery was hurt. I have said this on here on numerous occasions and I will say it again:

"We could play Gainesville 10 times and they would win 8 out of 10."

Gainesville is very very talented and has probably a top 3 team in the state, definatley a top 5 team. Good luck and maybe this year will be ya'lls year!

We lost to Decatur because we were outcoached and due to the weather conditions. Any one with common sense would realize that Friday nights weather conditions were a factor in the loss, but thats not an excuse. ITS A LOSS, and that is all that matters. Its now time to look to Lake Dalls and pray for dry conditions.

BportFan
10-20-2002, 05:02 PM
FYI One, I saw that there is a chance for rain on Friday!