Matthew328
02-02-2012, 12:29 PM
shameful...

GrTigers6
02-02-2012, 12:35 PM
shameful...We Aint Scared!! Of course we dont have a choice! LOL

Saggy Aggie
02-02-2012, 12:36 PM
I'd say call West Columbia, but we dont have a head coach/AD. Surovik just took the Texas City job *Facepalm*

Old Tiger
02-02-2012, 12:36 PM
Do they return that RB?

Emerson1
02-02-2012, 12:38 PM
Do they return that RB?
No. Off to Baylor.

The QB and their best WR are back though.

GrTigers6
02-02-2012, 12:39 PM
No. Off to Baylor.

The QB and their best WR are back though.Which receiver is that?

rholl
02-02-2012, 12:40 PM
Cant believe where they said Deon's Prime Time recruiting school turned them down.....I mean come on Prime Time can recruit the whole DFW.... lets go Hall of Fame.....sack up and git er done!!!!!!!!!!!

Emerson1
02-02-2012, 12:44 PM
Which receiver is that?
88 I think?

hollywood
02-02-2012, 12:44 PM
Which receiver is that?

#88!

6'3"-6'4". Great hands and great down field blocker!

I know his parents. ;)

GrTigers6
02-02-2012, 12:45 PM
#88!

6'3"-6'4". Great hands and great down field blocker!Oh yeah the T.E. looking dude.lol Great player!

Sville
02-02-2012, 12:54 PM
And we'll have one of the fastest players in the state next year in Preston Brown. He played DB last year and will prolly play some O as well. He won the fastest man competition at a combine last month. http://247sports.com/Article/Semper-Fi-Proving-Ground-Top-10-55319

Sville
02-02-2012, 12:57 PM
The Jackets return the QB, 2 WRs, and 2 OL on offense and both DEs, 2 LBs and 2 DBs.

partimefan
02-02-2012, 01:06 PM
Why can't they just play whomever they had planned to play before they dropped? If they're that good, don't they want to be playin' up during non-district to get ready for the playoff run?

bigwood33
02-02-2012, 01:10 PM
shameful...
Matt, I don't know who is "ducking" them but that is what happens when coaches already have their non- district schedule set before alignment day. Most folks probably already have agreements for at least the 1st 4 games and many are only looking for 1 more...and probably would rather have a "warmup" for district and get a chance to get healthy.
I will say that I don't think that I would want to schedule Monterrey Tech...regardless of my situation. They can have visa/cartel problems that could leave you without a game. I would rather just have a bye than have a game cancelled a day or two before we are supposed to play.

Matthew328
02-02-2012, 01:36 PM
I sat there and called coaches myself who had openings and they said no...they'd rather not have a game than play Stephenville and that's sad and that's a quote.......so called elite 3A teams basically said no...elite 4A teams said no......I slightly understand 4A but its still a joke.....like I said its shameful...I know you gotta look out for your program etc. but this is ridiculously sad

regaleagle
02-02-2012, 01:39 PM
The very fact that it is pre-district makes it totally ridiculous. But I do agree with Bigwood, that the choices were narrowed substantially for Sville because many teams had their schedules fillled that would have been viable teams for Sville.

Matthew328
02-02-2012, 01:47 PM
There are several five and six team districts out there that had people looking for games...

Sville
02-02-2012, 01:47 PM
Right now the schedule is:

Week 0: Monterrey Tech
Week 1: Aledo
Week 2:
Week 3: Waco LaVega
Week 4:
Week 5:

regaleagle
02-02-2012, 01:52 PM
Week 3 should be a DCTF game of the week for 3A. WOW!! What a match-up.

Sville
02-02-2012, 01:59 PM
Although it sucks for Coach G to try and fill the schedule I would much rather be in the position where teams are dodging to play you rather than lining up to schedule you for their homecoming. Been there done that 25-30 years ago.

GrTigers6
02-02-2012, 02:18 PM
Although it sucks for Coach G to try and fill the schedule I would much rather be in the position where teams are dodging to play you rather than lining up to schedule you for their homecoming. Been there done that 25-30 years ago.LOL Absolutely

LionKing
02-02-2012, 02:27 PM
Maybe they could try to schedule Ft. Worth All Saints. they stepped up when Brownwood couldn't find anyone 2 years ago, even scheduled for another 2 years.

ahs_indian_fan
02-02-2012, 02:29 PM
One of their games was also done away with when they put Stephenville in the same district as Alvarado ... that's why Alvarado is also currently looking for a Week 2 game.

Txbroadcaster
02-02-2012, 02:40 PM
Matt, I don't know who is "ducking" them but that is what happens when coaches already have their non- district schedule set before alignment day. Most folks probably already have agreements for at least the 1st 4 games and many are only looking for 1 more...and probably would rather have a "warmup" for district and get a chance to get healthy.
I will say that I don't think that I would want to schedule Monterrey Tech...regardless of my situation. They can have visa/cartel problems that could leave you without a game. I would rather just have a bye than have a game cancelled a day or two before we are supposed to play.

this was not about schools already having a week scheduled, this was schools with same openings turning down offer to play Stephenville

SHSBulldog00
02-02-2012, 02:59 PM
I thought Stephenville and La Marque were working on a game? Is it still a possibility?

Sville
02-02-2012, 03:08 PM
I thought Stephenville and La Marque were working on a game? Is it still a possibility?

Sounds good to me we could meet in College Station.

jockcity33
02-02-2012, 03:24 PM
Sounds good to me we could meet in College Station.

Call Refugio, I think they may be cocky enough to play.

Matthew328
02-02-2012, 03:31 PM
is Refugio looking?? Monahans needs games but they dont want to play Stephenville

Matthew328
02-02-2012, 04:26 PM
Stephenville just picked up Amarillo week 4

jockcity33
02-02-2012, 04:31 PM
is Refugio looking?? Monahans needs games but they dont want to play Stephenville
I don't know, but earlier in the fall I read that the Refugio coach said they would play anybody any where.

Sweetwater Red
02-02-2012, 05:27 PM
Monahans needs games but they dont want to play Stephenville

Monahans to Stephenville -313 miles

I'm guessing Owens is hoping to play someone just a little bit closer. lol

Tres Lobos
02-02-2012, 05:32 PM
Monahans to Stephenville -313 miles

I'm guessing Owens is hoping to play someone just a little bit closer. lol

Lol I was just about to say the same thing. I am positive monahans isn't scared of stephenville.

Sweetwater Red
02-02-2012, 05:34 PM
Lol I was just about to say the same thing. I am positive monahans isn't scared of stephenville.

Agreed

Matthew328
02-02-2012, 05:34 PM

Maybe....

Matthew328
02-02-2012, 05:38 PM
Week 4 possibly....Monahans vs. Canyon...is distance that big a deal? Monahans to Canyon 284 miles

Pendragon13
02-02-2012, 06:43 PM
Sandifer @ Wylie is never shy when it comes to scheduling tough opponents for pre-district..

Sville
02-02-2012, 06:45 PM
Sandifer @ Wylie is never shy when it comes to scheduling tough opponents for pre-district..

Truer words have never been spoken. I have enjoyed our series with yall the last two years. Wylie is a class program.

Old LB
02-02-2012, 06:52 PM
I know everyone is in an uproar about SVille dropping but you guys really need to get past this "everybody is scared to play them" crap. They are not supermen, just another quality team and I assure you people are not scared to play them. I'm about sick of this crap already and it hasn't even been a full day!

orange machine
02-02-2012, 06:54 PM
I know everyone is in an uproar about SVille dropping but you guys really need to get past this "everybody is scared to play them" crap. They are not supermen, just another quality team and I assure you people are not scared to play them. I'm about sick of this crap already and it hasn't even been a full day!
That may be true, but not many teams are stepping up to play them.

Sville
02-02-2012, 07:07 PM

Well in my personal opinion the main reason Ship didn't want to schedule us had more to do with the Route 66 then the slim possibility of playing in the playoffs. Also one of the aforementioned 3A's that turned us down, their coach said I would rather not have a game that week than play Sville. So make what you will of it.

Old LB
02-02-2012, 07:12 PM
Well in my personal opinion the main reason Ship didn't want to schedule us had more to do with the Route 66 then the slim possibility of playing in the playoffs. Also one of the aforementioned 3A's that turned us down, their coach said I would rather not have a game that week than play Sville. So make what you will of it.

I agree that you guys should walk through a lot of 3a but I fail to believe these successful programs out there are "scared" to schedule you. Anyway, we will see how it goes in the season and I hope we do meet in the playoffs. Good luck to ya'll.

Sweetwater Red
02-02-2012, 07:23 PM
Week 4 possibly....Monahans vs. Canyon...is distance that big a deal? Monahans to Canyon 284 miles

Is playing at a neutral site a possiblity because I know a perfect place. :D

Eagle 1
02-02-2012, 08:21 PM
call refugio, i think they may be cocky enough to play.

lol>>>>

bwdlionfan
02-02-2012, 08:33 PM

Shipley said last year prior to the whipping ya'll put on us that he would not play ya'll the next two years after ya'll cancelled the subvarsity games with us last minute. You had that coming.

I could care less about the whipping we got last year, we gave you one the year before. It was pretty bad that your starters were still in when you were up 60 though. I for one am happy we aren't playing, maybe we'll have less injuries this year since we tend to lose a handful of starters each time we play you.

Now the Celina deal of dodging Stephenville is exactly what they did to Brownwood in 2010. That's why we wound up playing All Saints.

cowboyandchrist
02-02-2012, 08:39 PM
I sat there and called coaches myself who had openings and they said no...they'd rather not have a game than play Stephenville and that's sad and that's a quote.......so called elite 3A teams basically said no...elite 4A teams said no......I slightly understand 4A but its still a joke.....like I said its shameful...I know you gotta look out for your program etc. but this is ridiculously sad
Have him call on East Texas, we will be glad to play them, Carthage, Henderson, Gilmer, Chapell Hill, Kilgore, and the list goes on.

Txbroadcaster
02-02-2012, 08:52 PM
Have him call on East Texas, we will be glad to play them, Carthage, Henderson, Gilmer, Chapell Hill, Kilgore, and the list goes on.

he did and alot them said no

bigwood33
02-02-2012, 09:03 PM
You can't do it every danged week. Don't you have some stroke with Everman? Hook him up with them.
Step off of the Stephenville bandwagon. Coaches do what they think is the best interest of THEIR kids...not someone elses.

Txbroadcaster
02-02-2012, 09:08 PM
You can't do it every danged week. Don't you have some stroke with Everman? Hook him up with them.
Step off of the Stephenville bandwagon. Coaches do what they think is the best interest of THEIR kids...not someone elses.

what do you mean step off the Ville bandwagon? We saw and heard it..we would be saying same thing if it was another school whose coaches are asking any and everyone and they are being told no and I would rather have a off week than play you.

cowboyandchrist
02-02-2012, 09:15 PM
he did and alot them said no
Which ones said no, you will never make me believe it was one of the five I mentioned.

bigwood33
02-02-2012, 09:15 PM
It just seems odd that it matters to anyone outside of Stephenville. Again, it is a coaches responsibility to take care of their kids and their program, not anyone elses. If they don't see any upside to playing someone that most will have to drive 100+ miles to play, then who can blame them?

Sville
02-02-2012, 09:17 PM
I dont understand it either TXB. We are a solid football team but its not like we are world beaters coming off 3 titles like say an Aledo. Sville is just a perennial solid program looking to play other good programs. I know no one is going to feel sorry for us but man this is getting ridiculous.

ccmom
02-02-2012, 09:22 PM
Which ones said no, you will never make me believe it was one of the five I mentioned. So why bother to ask who, if you will never believe him? :rolleyes:

Txbroadcaster
02-02-2012, 09:22 PM
Which ones said no, you will never make me believe it was one of the five I mentioned.

I know Henderson told them no. I will get the others the was calling all over literaly gettting numbers from Stepp of coaches.

Txbroadcaster
02-02-2012, 09:23 PM
It just seems odd that it matters to anyone outside of Stephenville. Again,

Because we there and covering the event, this was something happening and amazing to watch

bigwood33
02-02-2012, 09:29 PM
I know Henderson told them no.
Not everyone wants to drive 236 miles.

Rabid Cougar
02-02-2012, 09:30 PM
Sounds like the same thing when Brownwood dropped several years ago... We know what happened to them.

Old LB
02-02-2012, 09:32 PM
The teams in region 1 don't want to play them because of potential playoff games down the road, the teams in other regions don't want to play because of travel. Not sure why the teams in that general area wouldn't want to play them, maybe they should hit up the 4a teams close to them.

IndianFan2012
02-02-2012, 09:47 PM
I am very excited to see S'ville in our Dist.

Matthew328
02-02-2012, 09:48 PM
It just seems odd that it matters to anyone outside of Stephenville. Again, it is a coaches responsibility to take care of their kids and their program, not anyone elses. If they don't see any upside to playing someone that most will have to drive 100+ miles to play, then who can blame them?

If you are a "name" program in 3A and want to prep for the playoffs what better way to prepare than playing a game against a legit team like Stephenville? Or what about a good 4A program (Several said thanks but no thanks also)....its not like losing to Stephenville is losing to Anna or something...and BTW I said the same thing two years ago when it came to DeSoto and Abilene and people ducking them....

Ernest T Bass
02-02-2012, 09:49 PM
It would have to be a team in a 5 or 6 team district, and there aren't many of those as it is, much less any of those who want to drive that far or who want any part of The Ville.

That being said....Cujo ain't scared. Stay tuned :stirpot:

Matthew328
02-02-2012, 09:50 PM

I have plenty of stroke with Everman, set their sub varsity up w/Stephenville Week 0.....Everman was already committed Week 0, 1, 2...they didnt have anything for Stephenville because there was a chance if Stephenville stayed 4A they'd be in the same district.

Old LB
02-02-2012, 09:54 PM
Sounds like the same thing when Brownwood dropped several years ago... We know what happened to them.

In 09-11 Brownwood tied the most playoff games since the late 60s, early 70s. Everyone knows what happened in 08. Think about this, with the exception of '10 we have not had exceptional talent, just hard working young men, and we are still deep in the mix. So, don't worry about Brownwood we will make it just fine. :wave:

bwdlionfan
02-02-2012, 11:04 PM

I'm sure you know all about what happened to Brownwood does 65-14 in 2010 and then your 5 year home winning streak snapped by our backup QB last year still bother you?

mwrams
02-03-2012, 06:12 AM
We would have leaped at the chance to play the ville, but we were already set in non district schedule as we thought we would be in the same district....yea, right.

Sville
02-03-2012, 07:07 AM
We would have leaped at the chance to play the ville, but we were already set in non district schedule as we thought we would be in the same district....yea, right.

It would of been fun to renew the rivalry with MW. I love playing in yalls awesome facilities.

Matthew328
02-03-2012, 08:20 AM

I know for Everman this was true....I set up the entire non-district schedule...well at least until they got put in the same district with Waco U...thought they'd be in different districts and boom UIL throws a curveball!

RoyceTTU
02-03-2012, 09:55 AM
If they are in a bind, why are they not looking up to 4a and 5a. If indeed they are "preparing themselves" for playoffs(the same reasoning you give for anyone to play them) they should play 4a and 5a teams to prepare for playoffs.

Matthew328
02-03-2012, 10:09 AM
Stephenville is trying, I personally asked a 4A semi-final team from last year that had the same opening as Stephenville and that 4A semi-finalist flat out said no....another 4A semi-finalist may play Stephenville Week 5 though

Bullaholic
02-03-2012, 10:32 AM
Stephenville is trying, I personally asked a 4A semi-final team from last year that had the same opening as Stephenville and that 4A semi-finalist flat out said no....another 4A semi-finalist may play Stephenville Week 5 though

Don't want to list the Texas map, but have your tried any/all of these?

Cove, Granbury, Cleburne, San Angelo, Abilene (2), Burleson, or Brady?

hollywood
02-03-2012, 10:35 AM
I talked to a coach last night and he said even 5A teams were saying no. Now, I honestly believe it's not because they don't want none ;), it's because most have their schedules pinned down or don't have an open date without rescheduling their entire pre district schedule.

It may take a while for Stephenville to get theirs set.

So what's the latest list? Is WLV still in?

Matthew328
02-03-2012, 10:47 AM
Don't want to list the Texas map, but have your tried any/all of these?

Cove, Granbury, Cleburne, San Angelo, Abilene (2), Burleson, or Brady?

I know they tried Granbury...Abilene and Cooper are full....Cove didn't want to play a 3A....Cleburne and Brady haven't heard...

Matthew328
02-03-2012, 10:49 AM
Cleburne is full

ccmom
02-03-2012, 11:00 AM
...Abilene and Cooper are full.... With 9 teams in their new district, I'm sure they were!!

BEAST
02-03-2012, 11:02 AM
Call Coach Walsh at Denton Guyer or Coach Allman at Westlake.

BEAST

SHSBulldog00
02-03-2012, 11:08 AM
West Columbia is looking for a week 4 game

orange machine
02-03-2012, 11:11 AM
Celina still needs 2 games maybe they will be forced to play.

Emerson1
02-03-2012, 11:13 AM
5A teams like Cove, Abilene, Guyer, and Westlake have nothing to gain by playing a 3A school. No matter how decent they might be.

Emerson1
02-03-2012, 11:14 AM
Celina still needs 2 games maybe they will be forced to play.
I could see them looking down at 2A or an Oklahoma school before voluntarily playing Stephenville.

orange machine
02-03-2012, 11:16 AM
I could see them looking down at 2A or an Oklahoma school before voluntarily playing Stephenville.
I hope not. I just think it would be fun to watch since they have never played each other. This would be a classic one for the ages lol.

Matthew328
02-03-2012, 11:16 AM
What weeks does Celina need?

orange machine
02-03-2012, 11:17 AM
What weeks does Celina need?
No idea.

NastySlot
02-03-2012, 01:07 PM
Right now the schedule is:

Week 0: Monterrey Tech
Week 1: Aledo
Week 2:
Week 3: Waco LaVega
Week 4:
Week 5:

has this been updated yet?

Sville
02-03-2012, 01:10 PM
has this been updated yet?

Week 0: Monterrey Tech, Mexico (tentative)
Week 1: Aledo (solid)
Week 2: ???
Week 3: Waco LaVega (solid)
Week 4: Amarillo High @ Synder(solid)
Week 5: ???
Week 6: probable open week
Week 7: District
Week 8: District
Week 9: District
Week 10: District

NastySlot
02-03-2012, 01:16 PM
Week 0: Monterrey Tech, Mexico (tentative)
Week 1: Aledo (solid)
Week 2: ???
Week 3: Waco LaVega (solid)
Week 4: Amarillo High @ Synder(solid)
Week 5: ???
Week 6: probable open week
Week 7: District
Week 8: District
Week 9: District
Week 10: District

thanks

NastySlot
02-03-2012, 01:19 PM
idk but I think Louisiana realigns in opposite years of us...maybe there is a school that lost a Texas opponent that could help.............Evangel use to take all comers.

might only solve prob. for a year.

3afan
02-03-2012, 01:25 PM
I know they tried Granbury...Abilene and Cooper are full....Cove didn't want to play a 3A....Cleburne and Brady haven't heard...

cove is full anyways (waco, a&m, tech-MX)

Txbroadcaster
02-03-2012, 01:31 PM
not sure why everyone is trusting a Mexico HS after all the issues the last few years

NastySlot
02-03-2012, 01:34 PM
not sure why everyone is trusting a Mexico HS after all the issues the last few years

I was thinking the same thing....if the threats from the drug violence kept them from making trips last year...I don't think the situation will be any better.....unless they can fly the teams in and out.

nt7on7
02-04-2012, 09:03 AM
Matthew,

I like you, and I love what you do for the promotion of high school football in the state. With that being said, your post is out of line. I, too, want to see top-notch games across the state in pre-district. However, what's more important to a coach...my joy or his job security and the well-being of his team? Or, what if the district has travel restrictions on the football program for pre-district games?

What I have not even mentioned is the blatant favoritism it shows toward one program in particular by making those remarks. Did you make a similar post when Celina couldn't find games a few years back? Did you make a post for Prosper when they couldn't find games? Do you think that Allen has had trouble finding games? Or Southlake Carroll? If you are going to post like that, post one for each team that has been ducked. Otherwise, you are nothing more than a mouthpiece or a puppet for a certain program.

Overall, this is one blemish on what has been a pretty consistent career. Correct this, because you look like the smaller person in all of it.

mwynn05
02-04-2012, 11:52 AM
You obviously have no clue what your talking about.... Matt does this all the time for lots of teams... Go read TOC

SouthTexas Lobo
02-04-2012, 03:00 PM
Your right mwynn707, he has a reputation for supporting teams in the TOC, and I think that is outstanding, but what eveyone is seeing is someone whom is calling out coaches because of their decesion, not play the next Div I 3a champ. Thats not support, I believe that its called stepping over the line, and I'm sure that somewhere down the road it will come back two fold. I believe the word shameful was used, but possibly not in the right context.

Matthew328
02-04-2012, 04:44 PM
Matthew,

I like you, and I love what you do for the promotion of high school football in the state. With that being said, your post is out of line. I, too, want to see top-notch games across the state in pre-district. However, what's more important to a coach...my joy or his job security and the well-being of his team? Or, what if the district has travel restrictions on the football program for pre-district games?

What I have not even mentioned is the blatant favoritism it shows toward one program in particular by making those remarks. Did you make a similar post when Celina couldn't find games a few years back? Did you make a post for Prosper when they couldn't find games? Do you think that Allen has had trouble finding games? Or Southlake Carroll? If you are going to post like that, post one for each team that has been ducked. Otherwise, you are nothing more than a mouthpiece or a puppet for a certain program.

Overall, this is one blemish on what has been a pretty consistent career. Correct this, because you look like the smaller person in all of it.

Sorry but the post is what it is....two years ago I made a post on TOC about DeSoto AND Abilene having trouble finding games at the last realignment....it wasn't posted here because they weren't 3A teams and not relevant to conversation here on 3ADL..you speak of Allen and SLC having trouble finding games, but they have had no trouble filling their schedules and the last 3 realignments they've left Birdville with non-district games scheduled how do I know? I'm there seeing what goes on at realignment day...when has Prosper had trouble filling their schedule? Ohh this year they needed a week two but said no to Stephenville...how do I know? I texted Coach Scott when he texted me Thursday and asked me to help find a week 2 game....heck I'm close to hooking Celina up with a game for week 3..gave Coach Elliot a pretty good lead....woulda given it to Coach Ford but I dont have his #.....I see and know things that most posters aren't privy to...and what I saw Thursday was shameful...love it or hate it...it is what it is...

If a coach tells me he'd rather play just nine games than play Stephenville then its flat out sorry bottom line. And BTW that team still has just nine games scheduled......travel restrictions aren't the issue and I know it with some of the schools doing the ducking...how do I know? Because they are calling schools FURTHER away but not as good trying to get them to play...

Getting ducked once isn't that big of a deal, but what I witnessed with my own two eyes was ridiculous....

Matthew328
02-04-2012, 04:47 PM
Your right mwynn707, he has a reputation for supporting teams in the TOC, and I think that is outstanding, but what eveyone is seeing is someone whom is calling out coaches because of their decesion, not play the next Div I 3a champ. Thats not support, I believe that its called stepping over the line, and I'm sure that somewhere down the road it will come back two fold. I believe the word shameful was used, but possibly not in the right context.

Yes I'm calling out coaches because of the decision....I'm putting my name behind it...no hiding behind a user name or alias..it is what it is...its my opinion that its shameful to tell me you'd rather play nine than play Stephenville......

toddg
02-04-2012, 04:56 PM
Alvarado had open dates, they could have called us..easy travel too

Matthew328
02-04-2012, 04:57 PM
Alvarado had open dates, they could have called us..easy travel too

Stephenville and Alvarado are in the same district....they actually had a Week 2 game scheduled...

toddg
02-04-2012, 05:06 PM
Stephenville and Alvarado are in the same district....they actually had a Week 2 game scheduled...

i meant prosper

regaleagle
02-04-2012, 05:20 PM
Well, now that I looked up the population of Sville in the Rand McNally, I don't feel the same about Argyle not scheduling this team. Sville has a listed pop. of 16,715, and that's only in the city limits. And that probably doesn't include many college students or adults going to college and living there during semesters. Argyle has a population of 3395 listed, which does not include some outlying county areas in Denton county just next to Argyle that have students in the school district. So just figure about 3500 population for the town, and you will see the difference.

orange machine
02-04-2012, 05:21 PM
To be the best you have to beat the best that's the way I see it. Sville will be in the top 5 probably top 3 so in my opinion if a team has the aspiration of winning a title you have to beat the best might as well start in non district and see where your team is.

regaleagle
02-04-2012, 05:27 PM
Orange, all Celina has to do is beat the best Division 2 school, not a Stephenville or LaMarque. Maybe an Alvarado now that they may go D2. That's why the Alvarado people are so giddy. They are now assured of D2 status, and are licking their chops. I don't blame them, Argyle would be doing the same thing in their position. And you should be licking your chops too, Orange. Celina will be assured D2 status for the next 2 years.

Matthew328
02-04-2012, 05:31 PM
LaMarque will be D2 they are third largest in their district

Tres Lobos
02-04-2012, 05:32 PM
Orange, all Celina has to do is beat the best Division 2 school, not a Stephenville or LaMarque. Maybe an Alvarado now that they may go D2. That's why the Alvarado people are so giddy. They are now assured of D2 status, and are licking their chops. I don't blame them, Argyle would be doing the same thing in their position. And you should be licking your chops too, Orange. Celina will be assured D2 status for the next 2 years.

I agree with you, Monahans has no need to play stephenville. They are nearly double the size of monahans and neither team will ever have to meet each other.

Matthew328
02-04-2012, 05:34 PM
I agree with you, Monahans has no need to play stephenville. They are nearly double the size of monahans and neither team will ever have to meet each other.

enrollment size has nothing to do with it...if that was the case Monahans wouldn't schedule Canyon right?

orange machine
02-04-2012, 05:35 PM
I agree, but why not play one of the best they are gonna be d1 anyways so what's there to lose you won't see them in the playoffs.

regaleagle
02-04-2012, 05:41 PM
To finish this thought, Argyle has had no problem beating teams on the cusp of 4a. Lucas Lovejoy, Prosper, Burk, Mineral Wells, the Paris teams, maybe a few 4a predistricts thru the years. I agree, to be the best you must beat the better teams, or at least play them close. The scuttle is that Argyle has scheduled Abilene Wylie for predistrict already, so scheduling Sville too , along with a good Paris team and a good Hutchins team for the upcoming season looks pretty strong to me.

Tres Lobos
02-04-2012, 05:42 PM
enrollment size has nothing to do with it...if that was the case Monahans wouldn't schedule Canyon right?
It matters when that team is going to have better athletes anyways. There is no reason for coach Owens to schedule a strong stephenville team when Monahans is filling key losses from last year. I think I'd go with a little closer canyon team then Stephenville, but hey coach Owens probably doesn't know what he's doing anyways...

Ville-D
02-04-2012, 06:15 PM
From what I understand the enrollment of the college is counted when the Stephenville population numbers are adjusted.

Cody, do you have an answer to that?

Well, now that I looked up the population of Sville in the Rand McNally, I don't feel the same about Argyle not scheduling this team. Sville has a listed pop. of 16,715, and that's only in the city limits. And that probably doesn't include many college students or adults going to college and living there during semesters. Argyle has a population of 3395 listed, which does not include some outlying county areas in Denton county just next to Argyle that have students in the school district. So just figure about 3500 population for the town, and you will see the difference.

Tin Cup
02-04-2012, 06:18 PM
Where does it say that in order to be the best you have to beat the best the first month of the season. I truly believe Graylon getting hurt in '09 cost us a state championship. Who were we playing?? Stephenville. Could he get hurt against the worst team on the schedule, sure. Is it more likely going up against a bigger more physical team, yes.

Bottom line is a coach can do what he wants for his team. It doesn't matter how big a town may or may not be. It has everything to do with preparing your team for district and playoffs.

Matthew328
02-04-2012, 06:22 PM
It matters when that team is going to have better athletes anyways. There is no reason for coach Owens to schedule a strong stephenville team when Monahans is filling key losses from last year. I think I'd go with a little closer canyon team then Stephenville, but hey coach Owens probably doesn't know what he's doing anyways...

I'm sure Coach Owens has a handle on things..... but let's not try to throw out silliness like the enrollment twice the size of Monahans when they turn around and schedule a 4A team..its not the enrollment that's the factor...distance is also inconsequential if they are in fact playing at a neutral site as what I was told by a Canyon asst. coach....let's at least roll with legit reasons on why one team doesn't want to play another..

hollywood
02-04-2012, 06:56 PM
Where does it say that in order to be the best you have to beat the best the first month of the season. I truly believe Graylon getting hurt in '09 cost us a state championship. Who were we playing?? Stephenville. Could he get hurt against the worst team on the schedule, sure. Is it more likely going up against a bigger more physical team, yes.

Bottom line is a coach can do what he wants for his team. It doesn't matter how big a town may or may not be. It has everything to do with preparing your team for district and playoffs.

Your right, Graylon could have gotten hurt in any game. Not because it was against Stephenville, but because it's part of the game and especially as a QB.

Brownwood's population is approx 20,000 and Stephenville's is approx 15,000. Stephenville was Brownwood's whipping boys for decades until Briles instilled a football program that could compete. Brownwood actually has a better athlete pool to choose from but haven't gotten as much out of their athletes as Stephenville has theirs in the last 20 years.

Sville
02-04-2012, 07:30 PM
The Sville population from last census is 17,123, Erath Co. population is 37,890 with 7 isd's in Erath Co., 4 of them go through 12th grade.

To answer Ville-D's question TSU had an enrollment of 9,893 for the 2011 fall semester. All frosh and soph have to live on campus unless their parent or guardian lives here. There were 3,674 frosh and soph students, factor in the upper classmen that live on campus, and approximately 45% of TSU's enrollment lives on campus. The on campus students are not counted in the census. That leaves a little over 5400 students that live in and around the city. Stephenville has another 1000 residents classified as institutionalized.

The SISD elementary campuses have enrollment numbers of a mid to low level 4A school district. A portion of those students can be directly attributed to TSU students with kids. Once the majority of those TSU students finish or quit they move off for job and other opportunities, obviously taking their kids with them. That is why K thru 4th grade avg. 290 kids a class and they only average 240-250 a class at the Jr High and SHS. Matter fact Sville turned in 999 on snap shot day but after the winter break they have an enrollment of 984 the last time I checked.

I grew up in East Texas and now live in Stephenville. Im shocked no teams from East Texas wants to play or can make it happen. I guess I understand coaches have tough choices to make concerning travel, injuries etc... But im shocked Kilgore, Gladewater, Henderson a team of that nature didnt jump on this. I guess that district figures they are going to kill one another anyway why get a head start playing VILLE. Who ever steps up has my respect from here on out. All the talk about Lamarque rolling through the playoffs has come to a hault.

regaleagle
02-04-2012, 07:50 PM
Unfortunately for Sville, getting your respect does not make any difference whatsoever to the coaching staffs dealing with logistics, other scheduing issues, and building a winning mentality into district play.

Manso/V8
02-04-2012, 07:52 PM
I grew up in East Texas and now live in Stephenville. Im shocked no teams from East Texas wants to play or can make it happen. I guess I understand coaches have tough choices to make concerning travel, injuries etc... But im shocked Kilgore, Gladewater, Henderson a team of that nature didnt jump on this. I guess that district figures they are going to kill one another anyway why get a head start playing VILLE. Who ever steps up has my respect from here on out. All the talk about Lamarque rolling through the playoffs has come to a hault.

My guess is that all these fear talk about Stephenville hurting folks and rolling through 3a is way to soon.....it is just as likely they are flat next year.

CelinaCatFan
02-04-2012, 08:21 PM
Why would a team with 500 something want to play a school with double its enrollment? They should set up a 3 way showdown with LaMarque and Kilgore.

Stephenville vs LaMarque
Stephenville vs Kilgore
LaMarque vs Kilgore

All the games could be played in a central location (Waco?).

Ernest T Bass
02-04-2012, 08:56 PM
This thread is funny.

Sville
02-04-2012, 09:17 PM
Why would a team with 500 something want to play a school with double its enrollment?

To play against a quality program and make each other better. We did it the last two years playing against Mesquite Horn and Lewisville Hebron both 5A playoff teams.

Sville
02-04-2012, 09:21 PM
I still don't understand why we have had such a hard time finding people to play us. It is not like we have been world beaters lately. Yes, we are going to have a good team next year with 3 legit D-1 prospects on offense and a solid core returning on defense. But it has been since 1999 that we last won a title. Realistically we have just been a solid region 1 4A team. We have only made it to the semis once since '99. That was in 2005 when we lost to HP. We have been to qtr finals 3 out of the last 4 years including 2010 when 3A Bwood whooped us. So its not like we think or expect to drop down and dominate but that is how a lot of programs are treating us.

I can understand not wanting to play if you have another good team closer or we are gonna meet in the playoffs in region 1. It is tough to play a team twice in one year. But if you're not gonna meet again then why not if it is gonna be a good competitive game and make each other better?

83Indian
02-04-2012, 10:05 PM

I don't know about being giddy, but I would rather have Stephenville in our district than meet them in round 2 of the playoffs. Without Stephenville dropping down, the D1 route thru the playoffs for region 1 has frankly been quite smooth. I would have rather Stephenville stayed in 4A and kept the D1 status. With that being said, we have a lot of work to do to match the success of the last two seasons. With Kennedale now in a neighboring district, its possible we have a round 1 or 2 showdown with them which could be a great game.

Its great to finally have our football program at this level after many up and down years. We will see what Coach Dixon and the staff can put together this year to replace Bates and Onderdonck on offense and several great defensive players graduating (Glasscock, Adams, Johnson, Bates, Gentry, Thomas, Holbert). We arguably had the best defense and best secondary in 3a last year. I expect our offense to be pretty good especially if we can get a couple of good wide receivers for West to throw to. Hardy will be a threat at running back with Mcneil as well.

ccmom
02-05-2012, 12:38 AM
Maybe these teams are scared of the flying killer crickets at S'ville's stadium. I sure am!!!!

Maroon87
02-05-2012, 12:46 AM
This thread is funny.

Yep.

83Indian
02-05-2012, 01:01 AM
Maybe these teams are scared of the flying killer crickets at S'ville's stadium. I sure am!!!!

I forgot about that CC. Better wear my boots.

ccmom
02-05-2012, 01:12 AM
I forgot about that CC. Better wear my boots. I would suggest bringing a tennis racket. Those things are fierce!!

Sville
02-05-2012, 09:08 AM
I would suggest bringing a tennis racket. Those things are fierce!!

Why do you think we started the can shaking thing? It was to scare the crickets over to the visitor side. :)

bobcat1
02-05-2012, 01:25 PM
Matthew,

Sorry but the post is what it is....two years ago I made a post on TOC about DeSoto AND Abilene having trouble finding games at the last realignment....it wasn't posted here because they weren't 3A teams and not relevant to conversation here on 3ADL..you speak of Allen and SLC having trouble finding games, but they have had no trouble filling their schedules and the last 3 realignments they've left Birdville with non-district games scheduled how do I know? I'm there seeing what goes on at realignment day...when has Prosper had trouble filling their schedule? Ohh this year they needed a week two but said no to Stephenville...how do I know? I texted Coach Scott when he texted me Thursday and asked me to help find a week 2 game....heck I'm close to hooking Celina up with a game for week 3..gave Coach Elliot a pretty good lead....woulda given it to Coach Ford but I dont have his #.....I see and know things that most posters aren't privy to...and what I saw Thursday was shameful...love it or hate it...it is what it is...

If a coach tells me he'd rather play just nine games than play Stephenville then its flat out sorry bottom line. And BTW that team still has just nine games scheduled......travel restrictions aren't the issue and I know it with some of the schools doing the ducking...how do I know? Because they are calling schools FURTHER away but not as good trying to get them to play...

Getting ducked once isn't that big of a deal, but what I witnessed with my own two eyes was ridiculous.... Just to clear this all up. The nightmare of scheduling Thursday night games for Celina kids is that Carrolton Ranchview and Frisco Lonestar do not have junior high schools tied to their schools. Scheduling Stephenville would have only added to this as no one wants to play a school so far away that kids get home at 1-2 am on a school night. The coaches already have their hands full finding games for those 2 district teams on Thursday night. Why add to it by scheduling Stephenville? Being a head coach has decisions to be made in the best interest of the kids involved in every decision. Coach Ford and Staff have been very succesful all these years so I suspect they should be copied rather than ridiculed.

regaleagle
02-05-2012, 03:27 PM
And of course, Argyle is in the same district, in the same boat, and will have the same issues. Thanks for pointing out this coaching delimma, Bobcat1.

Ville-D
02-06-2012, 01:49 AM
Funny... if it is the wrong time of the year it can be scary...

nt7on7
02-06-2012, 09:02 AM
Matt, let me try to lay this all out for you. You are criticizing coaches. Guys that work long, hard hours trying to help our boys become more like men. You are throwing out blanket statements about schools dodging Stephenville, without saying who those schools are. So, the guilty parties could be any school out there that doesn't have Stephenville on their schedule. People can rightly or wrongly assume that their head coach may be the "sorry" coward that you are describing.

These guys, and I used to be one of them, put their job security in the hands of 16, 17, and 18 year-old boys every day and every game. You aren't in their shoes. You have no idea what you go through. I don't mean this derogatively, but you are no more than a barnacle on a ship's hull. That let you along for the ride. Just because you get information that a lot of us don't get, doesn't mean you are a coach. You don't get hired or fired based on a won-loss record that can be so easily swayed by a key injury to a star player. Every fan crows about how they want a tough schedule to prepare there boys for the battle. Sure they do, if they come out on top. But if a few players get injured in those games against a bigger, stronger opponent, then suddenly the coach becomes an idiot for scheduling those games.

For you to criticize is shameful. That is what is sorry. You are not the man in the arena. You are no more than a spectator, and once you realize that, you will recognize you have the right to criticize a head coach for doing what he thinks is right for his team, but that doesn't make it right.

Just because you have the right to do something, doesn't make it right. Your success has gone to your head and made you feel like you are more than you really are. To many of us out here, you appear to be a Stephenville schill right now. Like it or not, that is the perception. We are all just barnacles on the ship's hull, Matt. No matter how big we get, we can steer the ship.

orange machine
02-06-2012, 09:22 AM
Matt, let me try to lay this all out for you. You are criticizing coaches. Guys that work long, hard hours trying to help our boys become more like men. You are throwing out blanket statements about schools dodging Stephenville, without saying who those schools are. So, the guilty parties could be any school out there that doesn't have Stephenville on their schedule. People can rightly or wrongly assume that their head coach may be the "sorry" coward that you are describing.

These guys, and I used to be one of them, put their job security in the hands of 16, 17, and 18 year-old boys every day and every game. You aren't in their shoes. You have no idea what you go through. I don't mean this derogatively, but you are no more than a barnacle on a ship's hull. That let you along for the ride. Just because you get information that a lot of us don't get, doesn't mean you are a coach. You don't get hired or fired based on a won-loss record that can be so easily swayed by a key injury to a star player. Every fan crows about how they want a tough schedule to prepare there boys for the battle. Sure they do, if they come out on top. But if a few players get injured in those games against a bigger, stronger opponent, then suddenly the coach becomes an idiot for scheduling those games.

For you to criticize is shameful. That is what is sorry. You are not the man in the arena. You are no more than a spectator, and once you realize that, you will recognize you have the right to criticize a head coach for doing what he thinks is right for his team, but that doesn't make it right.

Just because you have the right to do something, doesn't make it right. Your success has gone to your head and made you feel like you are more than you really are. To many of us out here, you appear to be a Stephenville schill right now. Like it or not, that is the perception. We are all just barnacles on the ship's hull, Matt. No matter how big we get, we can steer the ship.
:1popcorn:

Matthew328
02-06-2012, 09:24 AM

If you'd like me to call out the schools who ducked Stephenville I most certianly can, I chose not to simply because I was asked by a coach not to put his school's name out there....go figure......I've been in the trenches as well athough as a student intern I was a part of two title teams so I know all about the hours coaches put in because I put those same hours in (doing menial tasks but still putting the hours in) along with going to school and maintaining my studies.

Those in the know are the ones who know if their school dodged a game with Stephenville and for me that's good enough. So for you to make a blanket statement that I don't know what the coaches go through is slightly amusing...this is a board to express opinions and much as you've expressed your opinion that you disagree with my take I'm gonna roll with it...everyone has their reasons for not taking a game, but the coaches I worked for believed playing tough teams in non-district is what hardens you for the playoffs....exposing your warts when the games don't count is a good thing not a bad thing.....weather or not anyone thinks I'm a Stephenville schill is inconsequential, those who were at Birdville saw it just like I did and that's the truth of the matter...when a coach tells me Stephenville is too far away to schedule a game but then they schedule a game with a team further away the same week I gotta call it like I see it and say its sorry....

When a coach tells me he'd rather not play at all than play Stephenville that's sorry...he's potentially robbing his kids of 10% of their senior season...he's robbing the band of 10% of their chance to play in front of their friends and family...he's potentially robbing the school of revenue from a home game and for what? A possible loss to Stephenville? I'll give one coach some props...he was straight up honest with me..Coach Owens from Monahans was one of the few who basically just said "I'd rather not schedule them because we aren't ready for a team like that," at least he didn't come up with some lame excuse to not play.

You are right though, I am just a barnacle on the ship..I'm leaving soon and won't be a part of things much longer, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to call things like I see em when something smells funny....love it or hate it..its what made me "successful" and its what I'll keep doing...

nt7on7
02-06-2012, 09:38 AM
Bon voyage, then, Barnacle Matt.

Matthew328
02-06-2012, 09:40 AM
ditto

Tejastrue
02-06-2012, 12:48 PM
Not sure what all the hoopla is about Stephenville. I think when it gets down to the nitty gritty, we'll see that the better 3A teams will hold their own.

3afan
02-06-2012, 12:56 PM
.... Coach Ford and Staff have been very succesful all these years so I suspect they should be copied rather than ridiculed.

amen to that ... I laugh when people criticize Celina's 'weak' non district schedule, or say Celina is 'scared' to play someone ... look at their results, what else matters?

Bullaholic
02-06-2012, 01:14 PM
I agree with you guys--Celina has played and won against all comers in the playoffs many times.

Cam
02-06-2012, 01:40 PM
Bon voyage, then, Barnacle Matt.

:eek:....does this mean nt7on7 and Matthew328 won't be goin' on any fishin' trips together??....

Yo Matt, where ya goin'?....you can't leave the Downlow!!...

Matthew328
02-06-2012, 01:56 PM
I'm moving to Canada soon...

Matthew328
02-06-2012, 02:15 PM
amen to that ... I laugh when people criticize Celina's 'weak' non district schedule, or say Celina is 'scared' to play someone ... look at their results, what else matters?

In going back through past seasons its interesting to note that specific to Celina that its clear they've had trouble scheduling games themselves when they've been real good (which has been often)...and up until last year they played really tough non-district schedules...so in actuality Celina's NOT doing things the way they used to...I find that a bit interesting...

2004: lost in quarters to Crawford, scheduled 3A semi-finalist Royse City, Pilot Point who was 8-3 in 3A, Little Elm who was 6-5 in 3A
2005: 16-0 won the 2A D1 title, scheduled 3A playoff team Royse City, 3A playoff team Pilot Point, 3A area playoff team Little Elm
2006: 15-1 lost in 3A D2 title game, scheduled 3A runner up Robinson, 8-2 private school Argyle Lib Chr, 8-4 priv. school Plano Prestonwood
2007: 16-0 won the 3A D2 title, scheduled playoff team Robinson, Argyle Lib Chris (record not available), 4-7 priv. school Plano Prestonwood
2008: 12-4 lost in 3A D2 title game, scheduled 2-8 Lytle, 10-2 Addison TCA, 2A Div. 2 Champ Daingerfield, 4A playoff team Arl. Heights and 4A playoff team Whitehouse
2009: 7-5 lost in area playoffs, scheduled 5-5 Ferris, 12-2 TC-Addison, 2A Div. 2 Champ Daingerfield, 4A area playoff team Arl. Heights, 3-8 4A Whitehouse
2010: 11-1 lost in Div. 1 area rd, 3-8 Ranchview, 13-2 Prestonwood, 4-6 Pilot Point, 2A Area Playoff team Melissa, 4-6 Paris, 3-7 Lake Worth
2011: 11-1 lost in Div. 1 Qtrs, 2-8 Ranchview, 9-3 Prestonwood, 2-7 Pilot Point, 9-2 Paris (3A playoff team), 1-9 Lake Worth...to be fair they had 2A Div. 1 champ Melissa scheduled also...but the game got rained out...

But I think its fair to say that prior to 2010 the schedule for Celina in non-district was much much tougher than what we saw in 2010 and 2011....

Cam
02-06-2012, 02:20 PM
I'm moving to Canada soon...

Wow!....good luck to you!....I've only been to Toronto/Richmond Hills and loved it. People were so nice.....I could live there.....cept my knuckles start to crackin' & bleedin' at about 60 degrees!.....

WildTexan972
02-06-2012, 02:32 PM
In going back through past seasons its interesting to note that specific to Celina that its clear they've had trouble scheduling games themselves when they've been real good (which has been often)...and up until last year they played really tough non-district schedules...so in actuality Celina's NOT doing things the way they used to...I find that a bit interesting...

2004: lost in quarters to Crawford, scheduled 3A semi-finalist Royse City, Pilot Point who was 8-3 in 3A, Little Elm who was 6-5 in 3A
2005: 16-0 won the 2A D1 title, scheduled 3A playoff team Royse City, 3A playoff team Pilot Point, 3A area playoff team Little Elm
2006: 15-1 lost in 3A D2 title game, scheduled 3A runner up Robinson, 8-2 private school Argyle Lib Chr, 8-4 priv. school Plano Prestonwood
2007: 16-0 won the 3A D2 title, scheduled playoff team Robinson, Argyle Lib Chris (record not available), 4-7 priv. school Plano Prestonwood
2008: 12-4 lost in 3A D2 title game, scheduled 2-8 Lytle, 10-2 Addison TCA, 2A Div. 2 Champ Daingerfield, 4A playoff team Arl. Heights and 4A playoff team Whitehouse
2009: 7-5 lost in area playoffs, scheduled 5-5 Ferris, 12-2 TC-Addison, 2A Div. 2 Champ Daingerfield, 4A area playoff team Arl. Heights, 3-8 4A Whitehouse
2010: 11-1 lost in Div. 1 area rd, 3-8 Ranchview, 13-2 Prestonwood, 4-6 Pilot Point, 2A Area Playoff team Melissa, 4-6 Paris, 3-7 Lake Worth
2011: 11-1 lost in Div. 1 Qtrs, 2-8 Ranchview, 9-3 Prestonwood, 2-7 Pilot Point, 9-2 Paris (3A playoff team), 1-9 Lake Worth...to be fair they had 2A Div. 1 champ Melissa scheduled also...but the game got rained out...

But I think its fair to say that prior to 2010 the schedule for Celina in non-district was much much tougher than what we saw in 2010 and 2011....

I might be mistaken, but I am pretty sure one of those years Celina played 3A Royse City and beat them, RC was a Div1 finalist....also, as those complain about an overall weak non-district schedule, some of the problem has been the years Pilot Point is weak, but they are probably Celina's main local rival due to GA having coached so much in both places - that game is something they try to schedule each year no matter the records or criticizm.....and they schedule top caliber private schools, not the lower level teams, but those private schools may not have a great looking record due to playing some tougher public schools....at 2A they tried to schedule 3As, and now they mix in some 4As....East Texas and now some to the West like to brag about the strength of schedule - Celina likes to brag about having to build bigger trophy cases.....websites don't track schedules to brag about over the course of history, but they do track PAST CHAMPIONS, and that is the better measure of success than who was on the schedule....

Matthew328
02-06-2012, 02:41 PM
I might be mistaken, but I am pretty sure one of those years Celina played 3A Royse City and beat them, RC was a Div1 finalist....also, as those complain about an overall weak non-district schedule, some of the problem has been the years Pilot Point is weak, but they are probably Celina's main local rival due to GA having coached so much in both places - that game is something they try to schedule each year no matter the records or criticizm.....and they schedule top caliber private schools, not the lower level teams, but those private schools may not have a great looking record due to playing some tougher public schools....at 2A they tried to schedule 3As, and now they mix in some 4As....East Texas and now some to the West like to brag about the strength of schedule - Celina likes to brag about having to build bigger trophy cases.....websites don't track schedules to brag about over the course of history, but they do track PAST CHAMPIONS, and that is the better measure of success than who was on the schedule....

So looking at the data provided would you say that based on the past two years non-district schedule and then the results in the playoffs was Celina tested going into the playoff grind? Were their warts exposed enough against quality competition to prepare for the grind that is the playoffs?

Prior to the 2010 season, I'd agree that Celina's non-district schedule was always one of the best around...but something's changed with regard to the scheduling practices because the schedule has been somewhat weaker the past 2 years and looks to be even weaker going into 2012...that was my point for 3afan...we say Celina's done it one way and its worked for a long time and its true..but are they still doing it that way?

regaleagle
02-06-2012, 03:59 PM
As an interested Argyllian fan, I can agree with why Matt feels the way he does in his explanations of why SOME coaches may have left a sour taste in his mouth. Be that as it may, I seriously doubt that these coaches will leave a game unscheduled rather than schedule one with Sville. They more than likely just said that to Matt to make a point. They probably had some other school(s) in mind, and were giving Matt the 'ol runaround, haha.

orange machine
02-06-2012, 04:59 PM
So looking at the data provided would you say that based on the past two years non-district schedule and then the results in the playoffs was Celina tested going into the playoff grind? Were their warts exposed enough against quality competition to prepare for the grind that is the playoffs?

Prior to the 2010 season, I'd agree that Celina's non-district schedule was always one of the best around...but something's changed with regard to the scheduling practices because the schedule has been somewhat weaker the past 2 years and looks to be even weaker going into 2012...that was my point for 3afan...we say Celina's done it one way and its worked for a long time and its true..but are they still doing it that way?
From what I understand and have been told was that in 2008 and 2009 Celina's competition was pretty salty and a lot of players got hurt if I remember right there were around 11 players hurt in the 09 season. The feeling I got was that the coaches didnt want to get players hurt before district and playoffs. The problem with that as we all know is when you play a weak schedule your not prepared for the playoffs when you play the bigger, better, faster teams.

Matthew328
02-06-2012, 05:01 PM
From what I understand and have been told was that in 2008 and 2009 Celina's competition was pretty salty and a lot of players got hurt if I remember right there were around 11 players hurt in the 09 season. The feeling I got was that the coaches didnt want to get players hurt before district and playoffs.

Makes you wonder if playing tougher competition really does result in more injuries or if its just a matter of good luck...it'd be an interesting case study...

orange machine
02-06-2012, 05:24 PM
Makes you wonder if playing tougher competition really does result in more injuries or if its just a matter of good luck...it'd be an interesting case study...
I don't think there is any question that playing tougher teams can get more players hurt. Both teams offenses and defense are pushed a lot harder and depending on how good the teams offenses and defenses are they will spend more time on the field getting hit. When playing weaker teams your players don't generally play as many reps. Then there is the athlete thing. Better teams generally have better athletes that are faster, bigger and stronger. So I think playing tougher teams can leave a team with injuries. Look at the NFL those athletes are the best of the best and players get hurt all the time. I think a team needs to play atleast 2 tough non district games, but if not that atleast 1. The schedule Celina is playing this year I think the only team that will test them is Argyle and Liberty Christian to some extent. The last two years nobody has tested them until they got beat in the playoffs. Plus with Argyle being a district game that should help Celina going forward in the playoffs.

WildTexan972
02-06-2012, 10:37 PM
Matt...I concur with what orange says...for about 10 years Celina had pretty decent schedules and did pretty well, then they had 2 years of disaster and a few players later in the year had basically given up from the hard work and teams that were better than the records showed under-performed.....one of those years the leader of the defense was a senior with a D1 offer in hand and he was in no mood to keep playin hs ball and it rubbed off on his teammates....he still wears orange and is doing well in college but he quit on his teammates that year...

I think those 2 years with D-field and Whitehouse and with Prosper beatin em pretty solid for 2 years made em decide to ease somewhat into the district schedule rather than get pounded along the way....and I am not one that believes a tough schedule means you do better in the playoffs, and these coaches are not college coaches needing to impress alumni or message boards - their job is to win district and win in the playoffs, and if not gettin your guys taken out before district helps with that, I sure can't blame em.....I doubt many coaches get hired in their next job when they went 2-8 or 3-7 or 7-5 for several years on the premise that they had the guts to build a tough schedule and it just dint work out.....

Ernest T Bass
02-06-2012, 10:55 PM
I might be mistaken, but I am pretty sure one of those years Celina played 3A Royse City and beat them, RC was a Div1 finalist

Negatory. Royse City hasn't been past the semis.

Gsquared
02-07-2012, 07:35 AM
Negatory. Royse City hasn't been past the semis.
:crying:

sandbagger
02-07-2012, 09:37 AM
I dont think butch is being given enough credit. Nobody knows their team better than the head coach, and that will be reflected by the non district sch. As far as not playing sville, celina wouldnt travel 6 miles south the last 2 years. Its not the miles its smart. Dont forget, now we have a coaches son at QB and stats take on a larger role.

hollywood
02-07-2012, 09:43 AM
I dont think butch is being given enough credit. Nobody knows their team better than the head coach, and that will be reflected by the non district sch. As far as not playing sville, celina wouldnt travel 6 miles south the last 2 years. Its not the miles its smart. Dont forget, now we have a coaches son at QB and stats take on a larger role.

Sounds like a buncha sandbaggers to me!

NTFan
02-07-2012, 01:36 PM
[QUOTE=WildTexan972;1660238]Matt...I concur with what orange says...for about 10 years Celina had pretty decent schedules and did pretty well, then they had 2 years of disaster and a few players later in the year had basically given up from the hard work and teams that were better than the records showed under-performed.....one of those years the leader of the defense was a senior with a D1 offer in hand and he was in no mood to keep playin hs ball and it rubbed off on his teammates....he still wears orange and is doing well in college but he quit on his teammates that year...

I would like to be there the day he gets a hold of you.........and see if he "quits"........lol. What a clown.

Emerson1
02-07-2012, 01:54 PM
[QUOTE=WildTexan972;1660238]Matt...I concur with what orange says...for about 10 years Celina had pretty decent schedules and did pretty well, then they had 2 years of disaster and a few players later in the year had basically given up from the hard work and teams that were better than the records showed under-performed.....one of those years the leader of the defense was a senior with a D1 offer in hand and he was in no mood to keep playin hs ball and it rubbed off on his teammates....he still wears orange and is doing well in college but he quit on his teammates that year...

I would like to be there the day he gets a hold of you.........and see if he "quits"........lol. What a clown.
I doubt that guy would do anything if he got a hold of some random person talking crap on the internet.

regaleagle
02-07-2012, 05:59 PM
All this talk about Celina's pre-district schedule is really ridiculous. This team has proven to be a force in Region II, as well as statewide, for an unbelievably high percentage of years, regardless of who they have scheduled. Sure their district has been weak over some of those years, but they did play tough teams out of district, in the playoffs, and have been successful. To infer this team is "ducking" Sville, or anyone else for that matter, esp. with who they have coming back, is totally out of context. I'm expecting Celina to be a "favorite" for the Region II Div.2 championship this year. They will be tough to beat.

Matthew328
02-07-2012, 07:47 PM
unless something has changed Celina, Navasota and Stephenville all have 8 games...so either they are ducking someone or getting ducked or both....I did send Coach Elliot a lead on a Week 3 game...haven't heard if its worked out yet

Sville
02-07-2012, 08:34 PM
Which division in the playoffs will Celina go?

Matthew328
02-07-2012, 08:35 PM
my lead for Celina in Week 3 fell through..looks like they found a Week 3 game against Texarkana Liberty-Eylau....hmmm

bobcat1
02-07-2012, 09:52 PM
Matt...I concur with what orange says...for about 10 years Celina had pretty decent schedules and did pretty well, then they had 2 years of disaster and a few players later in the year had basically given up from the hard work and teams that were better than the records showed under-performed.....one of those years the leader of the defense was a senior with a D1 offer in hand and he was in no mood to keep playin hs ball and it rubbed off on his teammates....he still wears orange and is doing well in college but he quit on his teammates that year....

I would like to be there the day he gets a hold of you.........and see if he "quits"........lol. What a clown.Right there with ya brother. I'd sell tickets.

bobcat1
02-07-2012, 09:56 PM
Which division in the playoffs will Celina go?Div 2 most likely

marler1972
02-07-2012, 10:15 PM
Div 2 most likely

Can only go div 2 second smallest school in the district

orange machine
02-07-2012, 10:22 PM
my lead for Celina in Week 3 fell through..looks like they found a Week 3 game against Texarkana Liberty-Eylau....hmmm
Man I hope thats true thats a tough team that should make Celina work.

Txbroadcaster
02-07-2012, 11:07 PM
Man I hope thats true thats a tough team that should make Celina work.

Sadly LE not the old LE...hopefully they have alot coming back and be on a uptick

Sville
02-07-2012, 11:27 PM
Good luck scheduling those Jr. High and sub-varsity games in Texarkana that is 184 miles away.

In case your wondering it is 133 to Sville.

orange machine
02-07-2012, 11:40 PM
Good luck scheduling those Jr. High and sub-varsity games in Texarkana that is 184 miles away.

In case your wondering it is 133 to Sville.
Don't take this the wrong way, but Celina has had more problems the last few years with the speed in east Tx. So playing an east Tx team with speed is better for Celina than playing y'all. Don't get me wrong I wanted to see the Celina Sville game, but to me Celina playing an east fx team with speed is more what they need.

orange machine
02-07-2012, 11:42 PM
Sadly LE not the old LE...hopefully they have alot coming back and be on a uptick
They may not be as good, but they will play hard and be much faster than what Celina has scheduled the last few years.

Sville
02-08-2012, 12:10 AM
OM,

No problem. That is perfectly understandable. I know you were one that was hoping the game would happen. It was just some of the excuses that I heard from others on here and that had happened in Birdville. If you don't think your team will benefit from playing a certain team then fine come out and say it. Hell we did it last realignment when Euless Trinity offered to play us. The only good thing that could of come from us playing Trinity would of to come out of the game healthy. It is just some of the egos that get involved that chap my ass. Just be honest say why you do or don't want to do something.

sandbagger
02-08-2012, 07:16 AM
Sadly LE not the old LE...hopefully they have alot coming back and be on a uptick Not the old celina either.

waterboy
02-08-2012, 09:41 AM
Liberty-Eylau was young last year, so I'm guessing they have quite a bit coming back. They always have had an abundance of speed. For some reason, though, they couldn't put it together offensively last year. Their defense was extremely good, though. They will make you drive the length of the field for sure. This matchup will be a good test for both teams. I think it's a good matchup. District 13 will be interesting this year with Paris, Atlanta, Pittsburg, and Liberty-Eylau fighting for the 3 playoff spots. North Lamar and Pleasant Grove will play the spoiler roles in my opinion.

JustAFan
02-08-2012, 09:46 AM
If you don't think your team will benefit from playing a certain team then fine come out and say it. Hell we did it last realignment when Euless Trinity offered to play us. The only good thing that could of come from us playing Trinity would of to come out of the game healthy.

Wow, so all of these 3A coaches are catching H377 from Matt for "ducking Stephenville" for reasons such as this (to avoid injuries), but they did the same thing before? What's good for the goose...

orange machine
02-08-2012, 09:51 AM
Does anyone know of the Celina Liberty-Eylau is a confirmed deal? Also if this is confirmed is this gonna be a neutral site game?

Matthew328
02-08-2012, 09:51 AM
Wow, so all of these 3A coaches are catching H377 from Matt for "ducking Stephenville" for reasons such as this (to avoid injuries), but they did the same thing before? What's good for the goose...

its an apples to oranges comparison when talking about a team in a bigger classification vs two really good teams who reside in the same class...if you go back to the original thread I didnt say all the 3A coaches...I'm talking about 3A coaches for really good/elite teams not taking games...I woudn't fault Huntington for not taking a game with Stephenville...but if you are a perrennial playoff team who makes deep runs consistently or a team that gave the eventual state champs all they want and return a bunch of key players I think its fair to question their reasoning to not play a really good team..

Matthew328
02-08-2012, 09:52 AM
Does anyone know of the Celina Liberty-Eylau is a confirmed deal?

not confirmed but according to what I've heard its all but a done deal

orange machine
02-08-2012, 10:00 AM

Cool that makes Celina's schedule much better.

Melissa 2a state champ last year.
Crandell 4-6 last year.
Argyle Liberty Christian always a powerhouse in private school.
Dallas Roosevelt 6-5 last year
Liberty-Eylau No clue, but I know they have a good program and will give Celina all they want.

waterboy
02-08-2012, 10:02 AM
Maybe they can meet at a neutral site. I know the L-E stadium is one of the worst 3A stadiums I've been to, and it only makes sense that they would pick a neutral site. Mt. Pleasant one year, maybe, and Paris the next? Of course it'll probably depend on MP's and Paris' schedules.

3afan
02-08-2012, 10:14 AM
.... question their reasoning to not play a really good team..

I would think all coaches schedule the teams they do after careful consideration on what is best for their team .... so if team X does not want to schedule team Y then I think we can safely assume its because they determined that it was not in the best interest of their team

Matthew328
02-08-2012, 10:23 AM
I would think all coaches schedule the teams they do after careful consideration on what is best for their team .... so if team X does not want to schedule team Y then I think we can safely assume its because they determined that it was not in the best interest of their team

I think you'd surprised to hear a lot of coaches (and I've been told this off the record by quite a few coaches) are looking for games they can win and that's often times more important than what could be best for their team...esp if they feel like their own job could be in jeopardy......for example had a 4A coach call me in January and ask me about 3 options he had for zero week and which one he should take...so I ask him "coach what are you wanting to get out of the game, is there a certian look you want to get from a squad etc." and he said "Matt, I need to get some wins if I don't at least get five wins I'll be run out of town, so tell me who do you think I can beat."

Is that necessarily the best thing for his team or the best thing for him? That's just one example..

Old Tiger
02-08-2012, 10:24 AM
I know everyone is in an uproar about SVille dropping but you guys really need to get past this "everybody is scared to play them" crap. They are not supermen, just another quality team and I assure you people are not scared to play them. I'm about sick of this crap already and it hasn't even been a full day!pot calling the kettle here?

marler1972
02-08-2012, 10:30 AM
Cool that makes Celina's schedule much better.

Melissa 2a state champ last year.
Crandell 4-6 last year.
Argyle Liberty Christian always a powerhouse in private school.
Dallas Roosevelt 6-5 last year
Liberty-Eylau No clue, but I know they have a good program and will give Celina all they want.

from what I have heard (friend that lives there with a kid in the program) they have like 20 starters coming back. Mind you this was what I was told so I am not sure.

Old Tiger
02-08-2012, 10:44 AM
Bon voyage, then, Barnacle Matt.http://www.myremoteradio.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/douche_bag1.jpg

regaleagle
02-08-2012, 11:35 AM
Well Matt, I guess you hit on a rather controversial and interesting(to readers) subject here. After 6 days, this thread has over 5500 views and is still going strong.

regaleagle
02-08-2012, 11:38 AM
And the worst part is the Sville issue which the whole article centers around has made virtually no progress whatsoever! Kinda gettin' dicey by now, huh?

regaleagle
02-08-2012, 11:43 AM
And while we're still on the subject, what is the update on the Argyle schedule? Has anyone heard of anything new. I have Paris, Wilmer Hutchins, Kennedale, and possibly Abilene Wylie so far, which leaves 2 weeks and an open left(possibly 3 if the Wylie game isn't done).

SHSBulldog00
02-08-2012, 11:50 AM
http://www.myremoteradio.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/douche_bag1.jpg

Is Lions 88 making a return???

oleonetime2
02-08-2012, 12:10 PM
I agree, they had to have a schedule in order before the new numbers came out. Surely a program as good as Stephenville didn't have a bunch of 3A schools on their non-district schedule. Why don't they play who they had planned on playing in non-district before. I heard Lake Travis was looking for a couple of games. I don't think it is coaches would rather not have a game then play Stephenville, they are just doing what is best for their programs. The way you guys make it sound its like why would anyone play Stephenville, they would not have a chance. Maybe it is that people are a little bitter that Stephenville lies about its numbers to get into 3A. It is awful fishy that they just happen to have 999 when everyone predicted that the cutoff number would be 1000. I am not saying but just "saying".

Matthew328
02-08-2012, 12:20 PM
I agree, they had to have a schedule in order before the new numbers came out. Surely a program as good as Stephenville didn't have a bunch of 3A schools on their non-district schedule. Why don't they play who they had planned on playing in non-district before. I heard Lake Travis was looking for a couple of games. I don't think it is coaches would rather not have a game then play Stephenville, they are just doing what is best for their programs. The way you guys make it sound its like why would anyone play Stephenville, they would not have a chance. Maybe it is that people are a little bitter that Stephenville lies about its numbers to get into 3A. It is awful fishy that they just happen to have 999 when everyone predicted that the cutoff number would be 1000. I am not saying but just "saying".

Stephenville did have three non-district games scheduled...Sherman, Abilene Wylie/Aledo and Alvarado....Sherman dropped them when the dropped to 3A....they put Aledo in Week 1 because the agreement between the two schools was that if Stephenville dropped to 3A they'd play....then they lost the Alvarado game when they were put in the same district....they didn't have anything for Week 3,4,5...

As for the latest update on Stephenville..they still have 8 games right now

RoyceTTU
02-08-2012, 12:27 PM
Shipley said last year prior to the whipping ya'll put on us that he would not play ya'll the next two years after ya'll cancelled the subvarsity games with us last minute. You had that coming.

Is this true? I didn't know that

BEAST
02-08-2012, 12:41 PM
Is this true? I didn't know that

I had heard that as well. However, if there was no chance in us meeting in the playoffs, especially in Rd 1, I think Ship was gonna play them.

BEAST

Old Tiger
02-08-2012, 01:03 PM
Lets all be thankful that none of the schools mentioned coach is named Brad McCoy.

BEAST
02-08-2012, 01:54 PM
Lets all be thankful that none of the schools mentioned coach is named Brad McCoy.

He doesnt need a team to play the Ville. He could beat them by himself. By the way, did you know he and Bob Shipley were roomies in college and that Colt and Jordan were as well?

BEAST

Old Tiger
02-08-2012, 02:00 PM
He doesnt need a team to play the Ville. He could beat them by himself. By the way, did you know he and Bob Shipley were roomies in college and that Colt and Jordan were as well?

BEASTAre Jaxon and Case?

My favorite Shipley is Shelby Shipley *Fun Fact.

RoyceTTU
02-08-2012, 02:06 PM

i would

Leopard4Life
02-08-2012, 02:16 PM
Are Jaxon and Case?

Is that Shelby in your signature?

Old Tiger
02-08-2012, 02:18 PM
Is that Shelby in your signature?Nah...but that'd be sweet.

Old Tiger
02-08-2012, 02:19 PM
i wouldThis way?

http://horsegoeswest.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/719-Fist_of_an_Angry_God.jpg

marler1972
02-08-2012, 02:44 PM
I heard Stephenville was playing with themselves..........

footballfine09
02-08-2012, 04:26 PM
does brad mccoy even coach any more?

OldNavy
02-08-2012, 05:00 PM

That will be a dangerous game, if they are anything like Brownwood, as only Brownwood can beat Brownwood.
Stephenville might just beat Stephenville!:wave:

Leopard4Life
02-08-2012, 05:38 PM
Are Jaxon and Case?

Yes, Jaxon and Case are roommates:

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/46724/mccoy-shipley-are-roommates-once-again

nobogey72
02-08-2012, 06:07 PM
Stephenville did have three non-district games scheduled...Sherman, Abilene Wylie/Aledo and Alvarado....Sherman dropped them when the dropped to 3A....they put Aledo in Week 1 because the agreement between the two schools was that if Stephenville dropped to 3A they'd play....then they lost the Alvarado game when they were put in the same district....they didn't have anything for Week 3,4,5...

As for the latest update on Stephenville..they still have 8 games right now

Matt, there's a little more to this scenario than even you may even have been told or know. Let me merely say that when you tell someone yes, it's supposed to mean just that. Don't come back around later and expect things to still be the same. SVille would only be looking for 1 more game instead of 2 if this had been done the right way.

Ville-D
02-08-2012, 06:23 PM
Make whatever excuses you want, but Brownwood doesn't want any part of Stephenville next year. If you can sleep better at night thinking it was those Jr High games then so be it... Brownwood just doesn't those decals taken off their helmets again.

Matt, there's a little more to this scenario than even you may even have been told or know. Let me merely say that when you tell someone yes, it's supposed to mean just that. Don't come back around later and expect things to still be the same. SVille would only be looking for 1 more game instead of 2 if this had been done the right way.

bobcat1
02-08-2012, 10:23 PM
I would think all coaches schedule the teams they do after careful consideration on what is best for their team .... so if team X does not want to schedule team Y then I think we can safely assume its because they determined that it was not in the best interest of their teamDon't bring sound reasoning into this! This thread is about who has big ones and who don't.:rolleyes:

toddg
02-08-2012, 10:42 PM
Don't bring sound reasoning into this! This thread is about who has big ones and who don't.:rolleyes:

or..brass ones or paper mache:)

bobcat1
02-08-2012, 10:43 PM
That will be a dangerous game, if they are anything like Brownwood, as only Brownwood can beat Brownwood.
Stephenville might just beat Stephenville!:wave:Superb!

toddg
02-08-2012, 10:53 PM
iv seen discussion on this forum and others about Celina making major changes to their offensive scheme...if that holds true..than its understandable why they wouldnt want a barnburner game early in the season..thats not an easy thing to do..just my 2 cents.

ccmom
02-08-2012, 10:58 PM
Make whatever excuses you want, but Brownwood doesn't want any part of Stephenville next year. If you can sleep better at night thinking it was those Jr High games then so be it... Brownwood just doesn't those decals taken off their helmets again.What does Brownwood have to do with nobogey's post??

RoyceTTU
02-09-2012, 09:10 AM
What does Brownwood have to do with nobogey's post??

now, now mom, he's new. Don't put the wrath of fury on him just yet :eek:

BEAST
02-09-2012, 09:42 AM
Make whatever excuses you want, but Brownwood doesn't want any part of Stephenville next year. If you can sleep better at night thinking it was those Jr High games then so be it... Brownwood just doesn't those decals taken off their helmets again.

Hey that was a guy from Wylie not Brownwood. But here is the deal, your HC and staff are not very well liked in most coaching circles. That is the biggest reason you are having a hard time finding games. No other coaches really care to help yall because you do crap like backing out of agreements even if it is lowly Jr high games. Sounds like yall screwed Wylie as well.

BEAST

BEAST
02-09-2012, 09:46 AM

We have been trying to tell all of yall this for years. They cant help themselves. Every inch of their fibre is burning with hate for Brownwood. We dont view the rivalry the same way they do.

BEAST

Ville-D
02-09-2012, 10:09 AM
Wow, thanks for catching that, I misread the post.

I do stand by what I said: Brownwood doesn't want to play Stephenville. I hope you make the playoffs on the D1 side of things.

BEAST
02-09-2012, 10:18 AM

I do stand by what I said: Brownwood doesn't want to play Stephenville. I hope you make the playoffs on the D1 side of things.

ccmom, evidently he want Wylie to make the playoffs in D1. That was sure nice of him to hope for yall to make it.

BEAST

Old LB
02-09-2012, 10:21 AM
We have been trying to tell all of yall this for years. They cant help themselves. Every inch of their fibre is burning with hate for Brownwood. We dont view the rivalry the same way they do.

BEAST

Well, maybe BEAST doesn't veiw it that way, me personally I try not to even drive through the place. Can't ever get the smell out of my clothes afterwards. :)

RoyceTTU
02-09-2012, 10:27 AM
Well, maybe BEAST doesn't veiw it that way, me personally I try not to even drive through the place. Can't ever get the smell out of my clothes afterwards. :)

LOL,,,,your heading there today right?

LionKing
02-09-2012, 10:39 AM

I do stand by what I said: Brownwood doesn't want to play Stephenville. I hope you make the playoffs on the D1 side of things.Lets see, Stephenville cancells Jr. high games with Brownwood, but it's Brownwood that doesn't want to play.. Gotcha !!!!

hollywood
02-09-2012, 10:40 AM
Good thing about all this dissapointment is we have some interesting threads. Different takes on everying. Makes the merry-go-round... go around. :D

hollywood
02-09-2012, 10:43 AM

I don't smell... at least that's what they tell me! :eek:

Old LB
02-09-2012, 10:43 AM
LOL,,,,your heading there today right?

No, my daughter is out with a knee injury so she won't be playing tonight. She tore a ligament but no surgery just a couple weeks rest.

coachc45
02-09-2012, 10:45 AM
How come no one from "The Ville" is mentioning that they had the opportunity to play John Tyler week 5 but instead called and said they couldn't play?

BwdLion73
02-09-2012, 10:46 AM

Well that made me smile.:)

RoyceTTU
02-09-2012, 10:48 AM
No, my daughter is out with a knee injury so she won't be playing tonight. She tore a ligament but no surgery just a couple weeks rest.

OUch!!! sorry to hear that. I'm a little out of the loop. Hope she gets to feeling better soon.

hollywood
02-09-2012, 10:49 AM
How come no one from "The Ville" is mentioning that they had the opportunity to play John Tyler week 5 but instead called and said they couldn't play?

They got a better lead instead of those East Texas folk.

BEAST
02-09-2012, 10:49 AM

Odd isnt it?

BEAST

jason
02-09-2012, 10:51 AM
after hearing they ducked out of the john tyler game - it is hard to sympathize with them, hopefully they can fill their schedule, if not, they had their chances i guess...

oh well, an undefeated regular season (if they beat alvarado) will sound good even if it is only 7-0 lol...

hollywood
02-09-2012, 10:53 AM
Who's the quackas now???

ccmom
02-09-2012, 12:54 PM
It seems to me that Stephenville has chosen not to play at least two opponents that were willing to play them. Now the poor things don't have a full schedule. Bless their hearts...:rolleyes:

hollywood
02-09-2012, 02:49 PM
It seems to me that Stephenville has chosen not to play at least two opponents that were willing to play them. Now the poor things don't have a full schedule. Bless their hearts...:rolleyes:

The queen of sarcasm has spoken. ;)

ccmom
02-09-2012, 02:51 PM
The queen of sarcasm has spoken. ;) That might make a good signature line. ;)

hollywood
02-09-2012, 05:01 PM
That might make a good signature line. ;)

Cheers!

hollywood
02-09-2012, 05:06 PM
I heard from a friend of a friend that's in S'ville who used to live in East Texas a while after moving from South Texas that since no one will play S'ville, they're opting back up to 4A.

:D

bobcat1
02-09-2012, 10:14 PM

Cheers!Don't get her started on the hooch!

Lion70
02-10-2012, 08:33 AM
heard kilgore tried to play then but they chose a closer game. Kilgore is stuck playing one less non district game.

Old LB
02-10-2012, 08:37 AM
heard kilgore tried to play then but they chose a closer game. Kilgore is stuck playing one less non district game.

Now, now, that can't be true! The Ville takes on all, smashing everything in their path! Kilgore wouldn't stand a chance, I'm sure someone was misinformed. :)

hollywood
02-10-2012, 10:16 AM
Don't get her started on the hooch!

Cheers!

Hahaha... it doesn't take much to get her started unless you're speaking of the monitary expenditure... she only likes the good stuff, as in expensive vino! Top shelf!! ;) That's how they roll in the Wylie area of Abilene.

theville
02-10-2012, 10:35 AM
Now, now, that can't be true! The Ville takes on all, smashing everything in their path! Kilgore wouldn't stand a chance, I'm sure someone was misinformed. :)

Didnt Kilgore play in the State Championship back in 04? Against Dallas Lincoln? 4A ball.

Matthew328
02-10-2012, 11:06 AM
I know Stephenville did talk to Kilgore about playing Week 1....it fell through because Stephenville had Aledo Week 1...they tried to get Aledo to switch their Week 2 game to Week 1 but it didn't work out...

bobcat1
02-11-2012, 12:28 AM

Hahaha... it doesn't take much to get her started unless you're speaking of the monitary expenditure... she only likes the good stuff, as in expensive vino! Top shelf!! ;) That's how they roll in the Wylie area of Abilene.Figured her for high maintenance.

ccmom
02-11-2012, 12:46 AM
Figured her for high maintenance.You say that as if it's a bad thing?! :)

bobcat1
02-11-2012, 07:46 AM
You say that as if it's a bad thing?! :):p:p:p:p

Gone Fishing
02-11-2012, 10:27 AM
Ive read all the Stephenville threads for two weeks now and not clicking on anymore. I can't wait till a top 3A program kicks their rear ends. I have seen many good 4A schools play and many many top 3A schools play and there ain't much difference if any. Same with a couple of other schools that have moved down this time that are already penciled in to kick everybodys butt in 3A becuase they were good in 4A, they all may be really surprised of the quality of the top of 3A football programs.

COBRAFOOTBALL
02-11-2012, 10:59 AM
Ive read all the Stephenville threads for two weeks now and not clicking on anymore. I can't wait till a top 3A program kicks their rear ends. I have seen many good 4A schools play and many many top 3A schools play and there ain't much difference if any. Same with a couple of other schools that have moved down this time that are already penciled in to kick everybodys butt in 3A becuase they were good in 4A, they all may be really surprised of the quality of the top of 3A football programs.I agree... and Alvarado will be on the horizon...

Sville
02-11-2012, 04:06 PM
Ive read all the Stephenville threads for two weeks now and not clicking on anymore. I can't wait till a top 3A program kicks their rear ends. I have seen many good 4A schools play and many many top 3A schools play and there ain't much difference if any. Same with a couple of other schools that have moved down this time that are already penciled in to kick everybodys butt in 3A becuase they were good in 4A, they all may be really surprised of the quality of the top of 3A football programs.

We (Sville fans) realize there is quality football in 3A especially at the top end but the quantity of teams that can play at the upper level is not there in 3A vs. 4A and the same goes for 4A vs 5A. The Jacket fans are not excited about next year b/c we are dropping to 3A we are excited because we have a talented team returning. We are a proud program with a winning tradition over the last 2 decades. We have made the playoffs 22 out of the last 23 years including going to the qtr finals 3 out of the last 4. We have a solid core of talent returning and yes we expect to challenge for a state championship next year in 3A D1. Any fan on this message board would feel the same about their program if their team had the success with the talent we have coming back.

toddg
02-11-2012, 07:28 PM
We (Sville fans) realize there is quality football in 3A especially at the top end but the quantity of teams that can play at the upper level is not there in 3A vs. 4A and the same goes for 4A vs 5A. The Jacket fans are not excited about next year b/c we are dropping to 3A we are excited because we have a talented team returning. We are a proud program with a winning tradition over the last 2 decades. We have made the playoffs 22 out of the last 23 years including going to the qtr finals 3 out of the last 4. We have a solid core of talent returning and yes we expect to challenge for a state championship next year in 3A D1. Any fan on this message board would feel the same about their program if their team had the success with the talent we have coming back.

im looking fwd to watching the Jackets atleast twice this upcoming season...against the mighty Indians of Alvarado and against my wife's alma mater Aledo. the Jackets whooped up on us pretty good during our swim through 4a a few years back..the Indians wont be so easy this time around..i expect a very good game.
my oldest son will be playing on Indians freshman team and my middle son on one of the 7th grade teams..gonna be a great year.

Sville
02-11-2012, 08:20 PM
im looking fwd to watching the Jackets atleast twice this upcoming season...against the mighty Indians of Alvarado and against my wife's alma mater Aledo. the Jackets whooped up on us pretty good during our swim through 4a a few years back..the Indians wont be so easy this time around..i expect a very good game.
my oldest son will be playing on Indians freshman team and my middle son on one of the 7th grade teams..gonna be a great year.

It is definitely going to be fun, and I look forward to those matchups as well.

Gone Fishing
02-11-2012, 09:48 PM

Im just saying, your going to be very surprised in the 3A quality once you get a game or two into the playoffs. And also your not the only team with program success with the talent coming back next year. Yall may win it all, but I would say there is atleast 10 or so that could argue the same point for next year. And JIMO only, I think its easier to win D-1

Buff42
02-12-2012, 10:37 PM
And we'll have one of the fastest players in the state next year in Preston Brown. He played DB last year and will prolly play some O as well. He won the fastest man competition at a combine last month. http://247sports.com/Article/Semper-Fi-Proving-Ground-Top-10-55319

I know Preston and his family. Great people. I'm super excited for the chance to see him play ball next year!