Gladwater
HENDERSON
KILGORE
Longview Spring Hill
TYLER CHAPEL HILL

Don't see any saltier than this!

greendawg84
02-02-2012, 11:11 AM
Gotta agree with you on that my friend, fun district to be in .

waterboy
02-02-2012, 11:14 AM
Bullard
GILMER
Gladwater
HENDERSON
KILGORE
Longview Spring Hill
TYLER CHAPEL HILL

We're used to it after the last two years, but good grief! You'd think the UIL would've split some of the power teams a little. The teams that do get out of the district will have been tested for sure. They'll either be too beat up to compete in the playoffs, or they will cruise to at least the third round every year.

Drop Carthage and Pittsburg, but add Chapel Hill, Kilgore, and Bullard. Five of the seven teams went at least three rounds deep in the playoffs last year, one of them in 4A. Wow! Poor Spring Hill and Gladewater........and I'm afraid Bullard, too.....

Roughneck93
02-02-2012, 11:16 AM
There will be a very good 4th place team sitting at home come playoff time.

waterboy
02-02-2012, 11:19 AM
That is true. One thing is for sure, there will be at least two to three TOUGH games every Friday night in this district alone.

lostaussie
02-02-2012, 11:47 AM
There will be a very good 4th place team sitting at home come playoff time.For the last two years.............can you say P'burg:D I better not laugh too loud...........that might be us the NEXT two years:thinking:

Sville
02-02-2012, 11:51 AM
That is a monster district. Hands down toughest in 3A.

alpha42
02-02-2012, 02:10 PM
It's a shame one of those schools won't be making the playoffs!

hollywood
02-02-2012, 02:13 PM
It's a shame one of those schools won't be making the playoffs!

Very true! But reflect back a couple of decades ago when only 2 teams made it and then even farther back, when only 1 team made it. 3 teams isn't so bad. This means you better be on your game every week.

1st and goal
02-02-2012, 02:30 PM
+1

buckeyebob
02-02-2012, 02:44 PM
Bullard
GILMER
Gladwater
HENDERSON
KILGORE
Longview Spring Hill
TYLER CHAPEL HILL

They could have left Carthage in it.

buckeyebob
02-02-2012, 02:48 PM
That is a monster district. Hands down toughest in 3A.

Welcome to 3A...it does get salty.

waterboy
02-02-2012, 02:54 PM
They could have left Carthage in it.
Yep, I'm disappointed. They could've left Carthage in there, and kicked Spring Hill to the north.:)

hollywood
02-02-2012, 03:28 PM
Welcome to 3A...it does get salty.

I'm sure the "Beasts from the East" will welcome the Ville with open arms. The mind set most Jacket fans will have dropping down will be, "Gosh, we should roll to the State Championship!" LOL There are plenty of quality 3A teams that will be happy to serve up some humble pie. Trust me.

Sville
02-02-2012, 03:35 PM
I'm sure the "Beasts from the East" will welcome the Ville with open arms. The mind set most Jacket fans will have dropping down will be, "Gosh, we should roll to the State Championship!" LOL There are plenty of quality 3A teams that will be happy to serve up some humble pie. Trust me.

I don't think you have seen any Sville fans including myself that have insinuated that on here. I admit that with what we have coming back off of a 4A qtr finalist team I expect to win region 1 this year and face one of the many fine east Texas programs. Beyond that I am not going to make any predictions.

buckeyebob
02-03-2012, 07:24 AM
Last year for 16-3A... (this year's enrollment)

Bullard – Regional Div. 2 (608)

Gilmer – Quarterfinals Div. 2 (631)

Kilgore – 4A Quarterfinals Div. 2 (964.5)

Henderson – Semifinals Div. 1 (888)

Chapel Hill – Champion Div. 1 (961)

Gladewater (586)

Spring Hill (506.5)

hollywood
02-03-2012, 10:43 AM
I don't think you have seen any Sville fans including myself that have insinuated that on here. I admit that with what we have coming back off of a 4A qtr finalist team I expect to win region 1 this year and face one of the many fine east Texas programs. Beyond that I am not going to make any predictions.

You're right! I know you wouldn't make those kind of accusations and several on here haven't. Just some ignorant fans I've talked to who are out of the loop on 3A football. :rolleyes: :D

Aesculus gilmus
02-03-2012, 10:53 AM
Yep, I'm disappointed. They could've left Carthage in there, and kicked Spring Hill to the north.:)

As between Spring Hill and Gilmer, it is the Buckeyes who should have logically gone north, but I understand that travel considerations come into play here.

What I don't understand is why our district has seven teams when there is one with five bordering on it, District 19-3A. It's the one some of the Bullard fans now want to petition to join (and I don't blame them).

waterboy
02-03-2012, 11:23 AM
As between Spring Hill and Gilmer, it is the Buckeyes who should have logically gone north, but I understand that travel considerations come into play here.

What I don't understand is why our district has seven teams when there is one with five bordering on it, District 19-3A. It's the one some of the Bullard fans now want to petition to join (and I don't blame them).
I knew all of that, but I was just saying if they wanted to make the district the toughest in the history of 3A football they could've kicked Spring Hill to the north, and left Carthage in our district. And, I have heard the same from Bullard fans. They might petition the UIL to be moved out of this district, and I can definitely understand that. It makes no sense at all what the UIL did, especially considering there is a five-team district right next to them.

CHS_89
02-03-2012, 02:27 PM
Brutal District!!! Wow!!! I wish I lived out there...A great HS football game every week and close to Lake of the Pines and Raburn...Good luck all!!!

lostaussie
02-03-2012, 03:04 PM
Brutal District!!! Wow!!! I wish I lived out there...A great HS football game every week and close to Lake of the Pines and Raburn...Good luck all!!!Well...............we not really close to Rayburn. That a pretty good haul for us.

Aesculus gilmus
02-03-2012, 03:49 PM
I knew all of that, but I was just saying if they wanted to make the district the toughest in the history of 3A football they could've kicked Spring Hill to the north, and left Carthage in our district. And, I have heard the same from Bullard fans. They might petition the UIL to be moved out of this district, and I can definitely understand that. It makes no sense at all what the UIL did, especially considering there is a five-team district right next to them.

I see what you're saying.

I just looked it up. Bullard lost its two district games against Gilmer in 2008 and 2009 by a combined margin of 119-12! They got "Stumpstomped." lol

buckeyebob
02-03-2012, 04:36 PM
Pre-District for the Bux in correct order:

Atlanta

Plano Prestonwood OK...what is this? Can any of our freinds in Plano shed some light?
In the first 10 years of Varsity-level competition
•6 National Championships in Competitive Cheerleading
•3 State Championships in Volleyball
•3 State Championships in Football
•1 State Championship in Boy's Basketball
•1 State Championship in Boy's Soccer
•1 State Championship in Girl's Soccer

Jacksonville

Daingerfield

District Play - 6 games

Txbroadcaster
02-03-2012, 05:45 PM
Pre-District for the Bux in correct order:

Atlanta

Plano Prestonwood OK...what is this? Can any of our freinds in Plano shed some light?
In the first 10 years of Varsity-level competition
•6 National Championships in Competitive Cheerleading
•3 State Championships in Volleyball
•3 State Championships in Football
•1 State Championship in Boy's Basketball
•1 State Championship in Boy's Soccer
•1 State Championship in Girl's Soccer

Jacksonville

Daingerfield

District Play - 6 games

Plano Westwood..2 time defending State champs, took Celina to the limit last year losing by one. a REAL good team.

regaleagle
02-03-2012, 05:55 PM
Why in the world would the UIL not put Bullard or Spring Hill in the 5-team district next to theirs? Was this just a gigantic boo-boo, having a 7-teamer next to a 5-teamer in the same region???? Or are there more 'political' interests being served here? Just seems very out of place to me. Any comments??

waterboy
02-03-2012, 05:56 PM
Plano Westwood..2 time defending State champs, took Celina to the limit last year losing by one. a REAL good team.
Plano Westwood? I thought we were playing Prestonwood! Maybe we should've scheduled Palestine Westwood so we could have a cupcake that week.:wave:

Just kidding, by the way. I knew who you meant.

Txbroadcaster
02-03-2012, 05:58 PM
Plano Westwood? I thought we were playing Prestonwood! Maybe we should've scheduled Palestine Westwood so we could have a cupcake that week.:wave:

Just kidding, by the way. I knew who you meant.

sorry I was using private school coach lingo there lol..my bad either way..good test for gilmer

waterboy
02-03-2012, 06:01 PM
Why in the world would the UIL not put Bullard or Spring Hill in the 5-team district next to theirs? Was this just a gigantic boo-boo, having a 7-teamer next to a 5-teamer in the same region???? Or are there more 'political' interests being served here? Just seems very out of place to me. Any comments??
Good question. I don't know what the UIL was thinking when they did that, but it IS the UIL. We're used to the UIL making bonehead decisions that just don't make sense. It's done, though, and we will play and COMPETE for a title in the "Lil SEC", or "District of Doom 2", or whatever you want to call it. The teams that make the playoffs out of this district will DEFINITELY be battle-tested, and injuries could play a big part in their success when the playoffs start, especially seeing how brutal district play will be.

waterboy
02-03-2012, 06:03 PM
sorry I was using private school coach lingo there lol..my bad either way..good test for gilmer
Yes, they will be a good test for Gilmer. The Buckeyes will be breaking in a lot of new players at the skill positions. No question about the talent they have coming up, but they will be young.

Pawdaddy
02-03-2012, 11:28 PM
When the UIL is sorting all of this out, does anyone think they do not look at the caliber of teams they place in each district? Me either! Then the question is, why would Bullard not be placed in the other district (with fewer teams), or Gilmer moved to the district to the north? I think they like to read these boards and like the talk it creates for two more years! Maybe they are one of the posters! This has to be intentional, but to be honest, it is kind of fun to be part of the District of Doom, District of Doom II, Little SEC, etc. That makes me think of a new thread!

CHS_89
02-04-2012, 07:09 PM
Well...............we not really close to Rayburn. That a pretty good haul for us.

You are closer than I am...Plus Lake Gilmer ain't too shabby!!!

Chillfan
02-06-2012, 08:39 AM
CH's schedule is brutal with a predistrict schedule of Carthage, Lindale, Whitehouse, Palestine and then that nasty district starts.

hollywood
02-06-2012, 09:56 AM
CH's schedule is brutal with a predistrict schedule of Carthage, Lindale, Whitehouse, Palestine and then that nasty district starts.

Hope everyone can stay healthy and get stronger because that is a brutal schedule!

icu812
02-06-2012, 01:51 PM

That is brutal. CHill lost a ton of talent off last years team. Didn't they lose 10 players who will be playing college ball next year? I know they have a deep talent pool plus the QB comming from Jacksonville but I don't see how there cannot be a drop off from last year. Although Carthage, Lindale, Whitehouse, Henderson and Gilmer all lost some key players as well.

cowboyandchrist
02-06-2012, 11:25 PM
That is brutal. CHill lost a ton of talent off last years team. Didn't they lose 10 players who will be playing college ball next year? I know they have a deep talent pool plus the QB comming from Jacksonville but I don't see how there cannot be a drop off from last year. Although Carthage, Lindale, Whitehouse, Henderson and Gilmer all lost some key players as well.
All but Carthage, they bring back 17 starters, QB,RB's,LB's, wc's, all but one O-linemen, two D-linemen, and db's. They will be the team from East Texas that everybody will have to deal with. Coach S and that many quality football players will be fun to watch. The only thing that will hurt the Dogs is a very week district. They have a tuff non district schedule, hopefully that will help. I predict the Carthage Dawgs will be the team to beat from the East in 2012.

buckeyebob
02-07-2012, 06:17 AM

This is terrible! I so hate to hear it.

Chillfan
02-07-2012, 08:54 AM
12 players have signed to play college. A school record. I got to see the JV play several times this past season and while there will be a dropoff i think CH will get better by the week. Its going to be a rough road. The QB from Jville is a big plus since we are losing Saenz. The JV didnt lose a district game this past season but who nows how they will look at the varsity level. I'm also hearing that one of your key players could possibly be transfering. This will also hurt.

Chillfan
02-07-2012, 09:07 AM
Our offense should be ok. The defense is going to be ????.

buckeyebob
02-08-2012, 06:39 AM
I am so ready...look forward to 7 on 7 to get me primed. Good to have CH back in the fold. I wonder if Bullard is going to stay...the last time we played them, we blew up the score board...literally...sparks & fire shot everywhere.

Lion70
02-08-2012, 10:55 AM
henderson plays that same plano prestenwood to open the season so we can relate, followed by (not order) Jacksonville hallsville Nac all 4a schools. Losing carthage game is bummer hadn't missed since 1950. Hopefully will meet come playoff time.

MGAR
02-08-2012, 11:27 AM
henderson plays that same plano prestenwood to open the season so we can relate, followed by (not order) Jacksonville hallsville Nac all 4a schools. Losing carthage game is bummer hadn't missed since 1950. Hopefully will meet come playoff time.

At least they tried.

OldNavy
02-08-2012, 12:28 PM

The odds of meeting is the playoffs are low. Chapel Hill and Kilgore are larger enrollments than Henderson and both would have to miss the playoffs for Henderson to go D1. Carthage is the largest in their district and will go D1.

buckeyebob
02-08-2012, 05:23 PM

We play Prestonwood Week2, J'ville Week 3, & y'all week 6.

waterboy
02-08-2012, 05:58 PM
We play Prestonwood Week2, J'ville Week 3, & y'all week 6.
Actually, we play Atlanta in the Classic in Tyler Week 0, Prestonwood Week 1 (site hasn't been determined), Jacksonville at home Week 2, and Daingerfield there Week 3. The district lineup hasn't been finalized, but we'll play Kilgore in the final district game (Week 10) at home for sure. There will be a drawing Friday to determine our open date, which will be during district play.

Here's the scenario the Gilmer Mirror has in a write up for district play:

Week Four: Gladewater, There

Week Five: Chapel Hill, Home

Week Six: Henderson, There

Week Seven: Open

Week Eight: Spring Hill, Home

Week Nine: Bullard, There

Week Ten: Kilgore, Home

buckeyebob
02-09-2012, 06:44 AM
Actually, we play Atlanta in the Classic in Tyler Week 0, Prestonwood Week 1 (site hasn't been determined), Jacksonville at home Week 2, and Daingerfield there Week 3. The district lineup hasn't been finalized, but we'll play Kilgore in the final district game (Week 10) at home for sure. There will be a drawing Friday to determine our open date, which will be during district play.

Here's the scenario the Gilmer Mirror has in a write up for district play:

Week Four: Gladewater, There

Week Five: Chapel Hill, Home

Week Six: Henderson, There

Week Seven: Open

Week Eight: Spring Hill, Home

Week Nine: Bullard, There

Week Ten: Kilgore, Home

My Bad! I still have trouble with the gozendas with that Week 0