PDA

View Full Version : realignment thoughts...

Saggy Aggie
02-02-2012, 11:03 AM
Giddings in the same district as cuero?????

And our worst nightmare came true. Welcome to our district, LaMarque.

Once i look over it a little closer, im sure there'll be more things

Dogs_21
02-02-2012, 11:05 AM
Yates going to own Bball!

Saggy Aggie
02-02-2012, 11:07 AM
Yates going to own Bball!lol yeah.... not really sure anyone else even has a chance

Old Tiger
02-02-2012, 11:20 AM
nm34

Ranger Mom
02-02-2012, 11:22 AM
Unless Greenwood has some surprise move-ins...I don't see us making it to the playoffs for the next 2 years!

Saggy Aggie
02-02-2012, 11:28 AM
West Columbia and needville are about 10 miles apart and we're in different regions lol

44INAROW
02-02-2012, 12:05 PM
West Columbia and needville are about 10 miles apart and we're in different regions lol

weird and funny how that happens sometimes.. going to be an interesting year for sure.

regaleagle
02-02-2012, 01:02 PM
What I find interesting is that you may have a larger enrollment D2 school possibly winning state than the D1 school. Has that ever happened?

Chillfan
02-02-2012, 01:10 PM
16 3A is going to be interesting.

91 lion
02-02-2012, 01:12 PM
Quick thoughts:

The breakup of 16-3a
-Carthage to R3...and in a district with 2 non-football schools...
-Henderson/Kilgore will be nice
-Carthage/Hunington will be terrible

Brownwood out, Monohans in...looks like our old district is going West, and we are going South. Hope you got a good gas card, A. Wylie, cause your district games and possible 1st round playoff games with the El Paso teams will bite.

Celina and Argyle are going to be best buds :inlove: for a while

Still have a few of the dreaded 5-team districts...the occasional 7 team and the rare 8 team district.

You got a real who's who in D14

just off the top of my head.

regaleagle
02-02-2012, 01:18 PM
I don't know how much of Buddies Celina and Argyle will be, seeing as both will end up D2 with Carrollton Ranchview and Frisco Lone Star both being much larger. That is, unless Aubrey is the 3rd playoff team. Then Argyle goes D1. G.A. Moore is at Aubrey, though. It will be an interesting district, for sure (10-3a).

partimefan
02-02-2012, 01:23 PM
Aubrey might play with Lone Star, but it is doubtful.

with or without G.A., Aubrey stays home
Ce-lina and Argyle go D2.

OldNavy
02-02-2012, 02:36 PM
Aubrey might play with Lone Star, but it is doubtful.

with or without G.A., Aubrey stays home
Ce-lina and Argyle go D2.

I wouldn't be so quick to write off Aubrey. They are growing as fast or faster than Celina and Coach Moore konws how to get the best from the hand he is delt. If either of the BIG schools take them lightly, they will end up with an L on their record. Depth is certianly an issue for the smaller schools, but if healthy Aubrey will be able to compete. IMHO

Txbroadcaster
02-02-2012, 02:38 PM
What I find interesting is that you may have a larger enrollment D2 school possibly winning state than the D1 school. Has that ever happened?

First year of it Marshall won Big 5A and Aldine won small 5a and Aldine had more students(by alot)

ExScoop
02-02-2012, 02:39 PM
Can't believe they put Sweeny and Columbia in Region III with Stafford instead of in Region IV with Wharton and Needville
UIL screwed up again

buckeyebob
02-02-2012, 02:43 PM
16 3A is going to be interesting.

Welcome to the District of Doom...go on and get a full mouth full...get Carthage schedled for pre-seson...it will be short.

partimefan
02-02-2012, 03:20 PM
I wouldn't be so quick to write off Aubrey. They are growing as fast or faster than Celina and Coach Moore konws how to get the best from the hand he is delt. If either of the BIG schools take them lightly, they will end up with an L on their record. Depth is certianly an issue for the smaller schools, but if healthy Aubrey will be able to compete. IMHO

I would love to see Aubrey sneak up on one of the big teams and force Argyle to go big school. I just don't see it happening. Moore is a great game planner and definitely knows how to use the talent he's got. But, the last two years prove that he's losing the ability to connect with the players.

Argyle beats Celina for the district championship.
Guessing Ranchview will take third.
Lone Star was pitiful the first year, better last year, and will be a year older and wiser.
Aubrey ?????

OldNavy
02-02-2012, 06:23 PM
Argyle beats Celina for the district championship.

You might be right, but I bet Celina, who brings a bunch back on both sides, will let Argyle know they have been in a game. I bet Argyle's head coach is not as sure about the outcome as you appear to be. I am just glad Celina is in a little better district this year, although I am not a big fan of 5 team districts.

regaleagle
02-03-2012, 06:41 AM
I'm thinking Aubrey will surprise this upcoming season. I believe it will be Moore's 3rd year there, and they played some younger players since he arrived. I don't know what they will be returning, but there's no doubt they will be competitive in this 5-team district. They could be Argyle this year and it wouldn't surprise me one bit. I also look for Lone Star to be fairly comptetive in their 3rd year. They have to have lots and lots of returning starters. Ranchview is the question mark to me, and could finally put it all together. I wasn't jesting when I said this district could be very interesting.

BILLYFRED0000
02-03-2012, 08:26 AM
I don't know how much of Buddies Celina and Argyle will be, seeing as both will end up D2 with Carrollton Ranchview and Frisco Lone Star both being much larger. That is, unless Aubrey is the 3rd playoff team. Then Argyle goes D1. G.A. Moore is at Aubrey, though. It will be an interesting district, for sure (10-3a).

I think it will be argyle celina aubrey next year. Aubrey has shown signs of playing good ball. ranchview has athletes and I think lonestar is still trying to get a program together. That would put argyle d1. They have had a great program almost ever since they started.

crcope
02-03-2012, 09:40 AM
Mr or Ms Partime fan-I don't know why Aubrey has not won & don't care but I take exception to your statement about Coach Moore not having the ability to connect to the players- that is just a typical excuse used to deflect and blame a man that has proven for a long time that he knows how to not only relate to kids but PEOPLE of all ages- don't take the easy and cheap shot just MAN Up and get better - do something uncommon in this day & time -Hold the KIDS Accountable- WOW what a novel thought - not.