PDA

View Full Version : LaGrange Baseball Tournament

YTBulldogs
02-01-2012, 12:00 PM
This is one of the best tourney's (March 8-10) in the state. Great food, awesome stadium and exciting baseball.

Who all is in this tournament this year?

LHS 2SONS
02-01-2012, 03:58 PM
Yoakum, Giddings and Bridge City in one pool and Bellville, New Waverly and LG in the other pool. Thanks for the comments, we try to make it the best around. Cant beat the fried shrimp and everything else in the hospitality tent.

Roughneck93
02-01-2012, 04:11 PM
Hate it that Columbia's not in the LG Tourney this year. This was another reason for me to go to LG for some of my aunt's great cooking. :D

YTBulldogs
02-01-2012, 04:37 PM
Yoakum, Giddings and Bridge City in one pool and Bellville, New Waverly and LG in the other pool. Thanks for the comments, we try to make it the best around. Cant beat the fried shrimp and everything else in the hospitality tent.

Thanks for reply and yes---the fried shrimp is to die for. Mouth watering. Regards to those that fry it up. One of the friendliest places I been to see a tournament. Great host staff.

Last year, I heard there was talk of cleaning up the old stadium, and hosting a mega-type tourney? What's it's status?

hookandladder
02-01-2012, 04:55 PM
The La Grange Fairground field has been upgraded with , new gated entrance,new stands,red brick and rock backstop,all new netting backstop ( no chain link fence) new press box, scoreboard, batting cage and concrete throughout stands area and also outside the field the entire building has been renovated and parking lot will be all paved. The playing surface is also in excellent shape, we will be hosting a JV tournament in February. Looking very nice with still the old look.

YTBulldogs
02-01-2012, 04:58 PM
The La Grange Fairground field has been upgraded with , new gated entrance,new stands,red brick and rock backstop,all new netting backstop ( no chain link fence) new press box, scoreboard, batting cage and concrete throughout stands area and also outside the field the entire building has been renovated and parking lot will be all paved. The playing surface is also in excellent shape, we will be hosting a JV tournament in February. Looking very nice with still the old look.

Yes, always loved that place anyways. Good job LaGrange. I still like to see a big old, multi team varsity tournament one day. Our area, we are blessed with some solid baseball teams.