PDA

View Full Version : Put 3ADownLow in your school football program.....

trojandad
07-29-2003, 11:28 PM
We were going over ads for the football program tonight and it hit me.....why not put an ad in there for people to meet here and chat after the Friday night games.

Any problems with you, Matthew?? (Don't know why I'm giving you play after 3 years of dissing us....lol) If not, we're gonna include the web site addy in our program. Fill me in on how you'd wish it to read if it's ok.

And you guys involved with your booster clubs, see if you can swing a freebee with your program groups, or pony up a little for the ad. Maybe we can give Matthew a lot of ROM work on Friday nights this year. :D :D Let me know Matt.

Ranger Mom
07-29-2003, 11:45 PM
That is an idea I hadn't thought of!! I planned on writing a "letter to the editor" of our little paper right before the season starts about our fans picking up where we left off last year, and not starting the season as we usually do - DUDSVILLE. I plan on putting the 3ADL URL in my letter also, in hopes of getting more Ranger fans on here!!

sinton66
07-30-2003, 07:42 AM
That's actually a good idea for the smaller schools. Just make sure you at least try to train them first. wink :D

trojandad
07-30-2003, 08:58 AM
Smaller schools sure includes us. LOL

pirate4state
07-30-2003, 09:08 AM
This is a good idea! I'm sure most sports booster clubs ARE going to want $$ for placing this "ad" in the program. If they do maybe the current people on the DL can get together and contribute to the cost of the "ad" for their respective schools?? Sinton folks let me know if you'd like to do something like that & we'll get the ball rolling--so long as it won't create a problem for Matt & J2K.

JasperDog94
07-30-2003, 12:41 PM
trojandad - A friend of mine is coming to Coldspring to coach this year. His name is Erin Resch. You'll have to tell him JasperDog from 3adownlow said hello. He came with me to a Jasper game last year. He's also one heck of a fisherman.

Matthew328
07-30-2003, 03:27 PM
I think it would be pretty cool if you guys wanted to include us in your program..I am actually quite flattered! LOL

trojandad
07-30-2003, 04:15 PM
Will pass that on JasperDog, have heard the name but haven't had the privilege to meet Coach Resch yet. Will be up there tomorrow and will say hi. And as far as fishing goes, I have Lake Livingston out my back window (rough work if you can get it) and a brother who's on the pro fisherman tour so I'm sure we can fill weekends pretty well up here after out last game in December (I hope, I hope). Feel free to catch us on bye week and we'll make you feel at home up here.

Matthew........you should feel flattered, dissing us for three years straight (have I rubbed that in enough as of yet? <smirk>) LOL Glad to hear it's ok with you, is a done deal here, will scan a copy of the ad when it gets type set.

sinton66
07-30-2003, 05:21 PM
pirate4state:
This is a good idea! I'm sure most sports booster clubs ARE going to want $$ for placing this "ad" in the program. If they do maybe the current people on the DL can get together and contribute to the cost of the "ad" for their respective schools?? Sinton folks let me know if you'd like to do something like that & we'll get the ball rolling--so long as it won't create a problem for Matt & J2K.pirate4state, do you have an "inside" on this? I'm in favor and might pick up the tab if it isn't too expensive. Let me know.

trojandad
07-30-2003, 09:15 PM
Here's a suggestion guys and gals. In lieu of forking out funds, attend a booster club meeting and ask to speak. Tell them you frequent a good 3A board during football season but you've been outnumbered by other school's fans on there. I can tell you from having assembled more than one program in my time that no program goes without having to put a decorative spot, such as a football pic, clip art, etc. to fill an empty 1/8 or 1/4 page ad. If you hit them soon, they can have it while they are putting the layout together. Just a thought.

wildstangs
07-30-2003, 10:26 PM
Great idea, but hurry up!!! Most printing companies print all the pages at the first of the season. These programs take a lot of hours to put together and are usually completed just a few hours before game time.

bulldog65
07-31-2003, 06:01 AM
Very well written trojandad! But one suggestion, don't just speak at the Booster Club meeting, JOIN! It takes a lot of work to put together the programs, sell the ad's, etc. And at best it is a break even deal, or at least in Everman it is. Everman is a bedroom community, but I must say that what busineses we have support the High School to the max. I have no problem with donating an ad for 3A downlow. I think this board is wonderful and my wife and I hardly let a day go buy without checking it. Any Everman supporters who wish to donate for an ad can pm me or contact any Booster Club member. One more note: after Corey's injury, and what we read in Dave Campbell's about another injured football player, we are making a full page ad to solicit donations for any kid injured in high school athletics. We are gathering information right now about various organizations and where people can contribute. If anyone has any information about how we can help these kids please let me know. Sorry this is so long.

trojandad
07-31-2003, 08:36 AM
Wasn't even close to being too long, bulldog. In fact, I hope you guys realize what a beacon you've been during Corey's injury. Just another reason to support a place (web site) where people like you guys reside.

And touche on the booster club joining. Too true.

After you guys get that page together on the sites for injured players, if you wouldn't mind scanning it and letting us know where we can see it, I, for one, would really like to see it.

pirate4state
07-31-2003, 02:39 PM
sinton66:

pirate4state:
This is a good idea! I'm sure most sports booster clubs ARE going to want $$ for placing this "ad" in the program. If they do maybe the current people on the DL can get together and contribute to the cost of the "ad" for their respective schools?? Sinton folks let me know if you'd like to do something like that & we'll get the ball rolling--so long as it won't create a problem for Matt & J2K.pirate4state, do you have an "inside" on this? I'm in favor and might pick up the tab if it isn't too expensive. Let me know.Only that I live here & know some of the boosters. :) I'll find out if we still have time & get back to you.

sinton66
07-31-2003, 06:10 PM
Pirate4state, check your pm please.

pirate4state
07-31-2003, 11:04 PM
Sinton66-Got it! I'll think about the ad copy & send you a PM later.