PDA

View Full Version : Update on Carthage DB Edward Pope - to A&M

Roc96
01-30-2012, 09:41 AM
Confirmed by multiple sources, he has switched from TCU to A&M. What can you Carthage locals tell us about him?

navscanmaster
01-30-2012, 09:56 PM
Obviously not a Carthage local, but close enough in Shreveport, lol. I at least watched him in the 2010 state finals, and he was a baller. Plays very physical for being as skinny as he is. A&M is recruiting him as just what it says, an athlete. He will try both WR and DB out, but hopefully spend a year in the weight room. 6'3" 175 will get him killed in the SEC.

regaleagle
01-31-2012, 02:36 AM
I'll tell you what I think. When Carthage played Argyle this year in that knock down drag out physical ballgame, Ed Pope was just about unbelievable. We had him covered all night, but it didn't matter. He caught just about everything close to him, with defenders on top of him, knowing he was gonna take a shot. That kid is loaded with talent, and will emerge as a key reciever, IMO.

buckeyebob
01-31-2012, 06:10 AM
We're glad he is gone.

Txbroadcaster
01-31-2012, 08:15 AM
I still think he might be a better WR than FS( and his awesome at both)

LionFan72
01-31-2012, 08:58 AM
Talent will be wasted at A&M, for sure! Young man has the talent to play either side, and well!

BEAST
01-31-2012, 09:09 AM
Talent will be wasted at A&M, for sure! Young man has the talent to play either side, and well!

That is a dumb statement. Von Miller sure was wasted wasnt he?

BEAST

MGAR
01-31-2012, 11:06 AM
I still think he might be a better WR than FS( and his awesome at both)

I agree.. Beast on both sides of the ball.. Everyone that was after him lately wants him to play WR.

On that note, I thought he was one of the better DBs I saw this year.

Old Tiger
01-31-2012, 11:10 AM
That is a dumb statement. Von Miller sure was wasted wasnt he?

BEASTVon is an anomaly.

Saggy Aggie
01-31-2012, 11:20 AM
Von is an anomaly.

So nearly everyone who comes to A&M to play football is wasting their talent?

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Old Tiger
01-31-2012, 11:25 AM
So nearly everyone who comes to A&M to play football is wasting their talent?

:rolleyes::rolleyes:As far as excelling in the league?

A&M has struggled getting high draft picks except for Von Miller. Majority of the Aggies who made it to the league have yet to see success or make an impact outside of Von and Ty Warren earlier in his career. In the 90s the Aggies had great talent in the league but since 2000 that has dwindled.

Saggy Aggie
01-31-2012, 11:30 AM
As far as excelling in the league?

A&M has struggled getting high draft picks except for Von Miller. Majority of the Aggies who made it to the league have yet to see success or make an impact outside of Von.

So everyone who doesnt excell in the NFL wasted their talent? lol alright....

and not having many high picks might have something to do with the caliber of athletes coming in to play. How many ***** recruits has A&M had compared to Texas in recent memory?

Better recruits = higher draft picks. The great majority of A&M's most recent recruits are **** and less so its no wonder they havent 'excelled in the league.'

Its pretty easy to shell out a first round pick or 2 every year when you have at least 6 or 7 ***** recruits in every class.

Old LB
01-31-2012, 01:25 PM
When Brownwood played those guys in 2010 Pope did a heck of a job and I'm sure he has gotten better. He should do well where ever he lands.

navscanmaster
01-31-2012, 05:35 PM
Top notch education from a public school? Check.
Flexibility in position and early playing time prospects? Check.
Play against opponents from CFB's premiere conference? Check.
Upset butthurt fans from the Big 12-2-1+1-1+1=10 that can't get over there unhealthy hate for Texas A&M University? Check.

bobcat1
01-31-2012, 08:38 PM
I still think he might be a better WR than FS( and his awesome at both) I agree.