PDA

View Full Version : Theft

3&2count
01-27-2012, 10:18 PM
How would you deal with a player that was stealing from his or her teammates?
This was proven, documented, admitted to, over a period of time?

'Necks 2013-14
01-27-2012, 11:16 PM
How would you deal with a player that was stealing from his or her teammates?
This was proven, documented, admitted to, over a period of time?After much thought I would do the following: First, he/she would give back or pay back what was taken from each and every teammate. After that, he/she would have to personally apologize, face to face, with prior mentioned persons in front of the entire school....not just the team. Then, if EVERY one of those aforementioned teammates agreed unanimously to give the thief a second chance, forgiveness should be granted. If there is even only ONE of these that does not agree....too bad. Just feel fortunate you are not going to jail......this time.

bobcat1
01-28-2012, 06:51 AM
After much thought I would do the following: First, he/she would give back or pay back what was taken from each and every teammate. After that, he/she would have to personally apologize, face to face, with prior mentioned persons in front of the entire school....not just the team. Then, if EVERY one of those aforementioned teammates agreed unanimously to give the thief a second chance, forgiveness should be granted. If there is even only ONE of these that does not agree....too bad. Just feel fortunate you are not going to jail......this time.I would go along with this but my first thought was See Ya! Watch that ol' door on the way out. I can't stand a thief.

zebrablue2
01-28-2012, 12:24 PM
After much thought I would do the following: First, he/she would give back or pay back what was taken from each and every teammate. After that, he/she would have to personally apologize, face to face, with prior mentioned persons in front of the entire school....not just the team. Then, if EVERY one of those aforementioned teammates agreed unanimously to give the thief a second chance, forgiveness should be granted. If there is even only ONE of these that does not agree....too bad. Just feel fortunate you are not going to jail......this time.

:iagree: Good points. Everyone deserves a second chance if they are truly sorry for what they have done.

Txbroadcaster
01-28-2012, 12:44 PM
After much thought I would do the following: First, he/she would give back or pay back what was taken from each and every teammate. After that, he/she would have to personally apologize, face to face, with prior mentioned persons in front of the entire school....not just the team. Then, if EVERY one of those aforementioned teammates agreed unanimously to give the thief a second chance, forgiveness should be granted. If there is even only ONE of these that does not agree....too bad. Just feel fortunate you are not going to jail......this time.

I agree with everything but apologizing in front of student body..it should stay in the lockerroom IMO

'Necks 2013-14
01-28-2012, 01:35 PM
I agree with everything but apologizing in front of student body..it should stay in the lockerroom IMOAt first, I also was thinking the apology be made to the team only, but, in the real world you do not get to pick and choose who sees your dirty laundry. To me, a tough early life lesson/embarrassment may be a deterrent to more bad choices down the road. JMHO.

coachc45
01-28-2012, 02:25 PM
I agree that everyone deserves a 2nd chance....but in this case I wouldn't give it. I do not want people on my team that would steal from their teammates! End of story. I also think that the decision should rest with the head coach, having the players decide is a copout. Too many times I've seen this....it always boils down to the kids don't want to be the "ONE" person who said no, so they say yes. The Head Coach is the leader of the team and he should make that decision. If he wants input from players and coaches thats fine but it should always be his decision.

WildTexan972
01-28-2012, 06:07 PM
School policy should be in there somewhere....if a regular student steals do they get to apologize and walk away from it? If a student carries aspirin on campus it is considered drugs.....a pocket knife is a weapon.....do all those kids get to apologize and walk away?

We all know it would matter who the kid is as to the result, which sucks....if it is a James kid the coach will get fired and the school will pay the kid for all the hassle he had to go thru for bein a bucket head....and then some jerkoff helicopter daddy will get on tv to tell how bad the school treated the kid when the kid was the scum all along.....jus sayin....