PDA

View Full Version : Ranking all 45 Super Bowls

Phil C
01-26-2012, 11:07 AM
See below. This person thinks he is qualified to rank them because he has seen all the ESPN segments on them. :)
Then I must be just as qualified because I saw the segments too. In fact may some like me and 66 are even more qualified because we have watched them all - the whole games not just segments of them. :)

Anyway there are a few exceptions as well as pertinent thoughts.

No. 18 Super Bowl XXI NY Giants 39 Denver Broncos 20. They say it was the Giants' First NFL Championship since 1963 (Pre Super Bowls). Wrong! The Giants played in that game but lost it to Chicago 14-10.

No. 20 Super Bowl XIV Pittsburgh 31 Los Angeles Rams 19. They fail to mention that several key players from the Rams were playing with injuries and some didn't play. Still a valient effort by them.

No. 21 Super Bowl V Baltimore Colts 16 Dallas Cowboys 13. Ranked too high in my opinion. It was very close but blunder filled game as they said. They said it ended in a game winning field goal. Wrong. There were a few seconds left but not enough time for the Cowboys to win the game. Both sides made mistakes and it was Dallas that made the last mistake that won it for the Colts. Plus error by referees when Dallas was inside the five and Duane Thomas fumbled and the refs gave it to the Colts. Films clearly showed Dallas recovered and even later the Colts admitted it.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/lists/Super-Bowl-best-games-New-York-Giants-New-England-Patriots-012212#photo-title=Ranking%20all%2045%20Super%20Bowls&photo=30593358

Third
01-26-2012, 01:44 PM
Super Bowl XXX is definitely way too high. Dallas was dominating that game but couldn't pull away, it was boring and Neil O'Donnell suited up for the wrong team in handing that game over to Dallas. Super Bowl XXXIV is also too high. Rams-Titans, that game was God-awful boring for the better part of three quarters. Awesome ending, but that was about it. XLV is also a bit underrated. That game was pretty entertaining from start to finish, Green Bay and Pitt put on a nice show.

Txbroadcaster
01-26-2012, 06:29 PM
Super Bowl XXVIII ranked at 41 is crazy..The Bills had the upper hand until the 2nd half