PDA

View Full Version : Fast Food Charges...

Bullaholic
01-24-2012, 10:58 AM
Do you ever check the charges when you order fast food? It's surprising how many errors are made, and generally not in your favor--especially in the drive-thru. A couple of nights ago at McDonalds---which I absolutely hate, but use reluctantly when in a hurry, I placed an order in the drive-thru that should have totaled $13.18, and when I went to pay at the window, the attendant says--"$13.89". I said--no it should be $13.18, and he tells me that this is the way it is in the computer and he can't change it. Like everyone else not willing to risk the wrath of angry customers waiting in line in back of me--I forked over $13.89. Nowadays you are lucky to get your order filled correctly and quickly, prepared properly, and be charged the right amount. Maybe we are all in too big of a hurry and maybe the big dogs like McDonalds sort of count on that.

BTW--Did you ever notice that if your don't order a combo that includes a drink---your total is almost as much. Fast food makes their money on the drinks and they are going to push them on you every chance they get.

Old Tiger
01-24-2012, 11:26 AM
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTI4llFzSgEECkmTs-_rSYRPgbdhPqKb-T3_nrB8B_wrUbnUFG9OIGbfxDjkQ

Bullaholic
01-24-2012, 11:38 AM
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTI4llFzSgEECkmTs-_rSYRPgbdhPqKb-T3_nrB8B_wrUbnUFG9OIGbfxDjkQ

That's racist! :D

RoyceTTU
01-24-2012, 01:52 PM
That's racist! :D

http://img.chan4chan.com/img/2009-12-08/1260270112182.gif

Txbroadcaster
01-24-2012, 02:19 PM
BTW--Did you ever notice that if your don't order a combo that includes a drink---your total is almost as much. Fast food makes their money on the drinks and they are going to push them on you every chance they get.

If the total is almost as much that means the drinks are not a big profit gain

BwdLion73
01-24-2012, 02:44 PM
I dont know, how many ounces do you think they get in an ice packed cup?

Bullaholic
01-24-2012, 02:47 PM
If the total is almost as much that means the drinks are not a big profit gain

Not sure how that works--I'm betting that big timers like McDonalds get some sort of volume discount for total ounces sold.

AP Panther Fan
01-24-2012, 06:17 PM
I am guilty of not paying attention...they are probably over charging me EVERY time!

The next time I order a hamburger and ask them to cut the pickles and tomatoes, I think they should refund a portion of the cost of the burger .... they charge extra if you want cheese, right? I should reequest they deduct for the ketchup and napkins they always forget to give me too.:thinking:

Bullaholic
01-24-2012, 06:30 PM
I am guilty of not paying attention...they are probably over charging me EVERY time!

The next time I order a hamburger and ask them to cut the pickles and tomatoes, I think they should refund a portion of the cost of the burger .... they charge extra if you want cheese, right? I should reequest they deduct for the ketchup and napkins they always forget to give me too.:thinking:

And I thought I was tough on em'...:D

AP Panther Fan
01-24-2012, 06:47 PM
And I thought I was tough on em'...:D

lol....nah, I am always nice....it sure is tempting though.

I think the worst thing I have ever done is ask for a free drink at Church's Chicken because they made me sit and wait forever at the drive thru window. We seriously have the SLOWEST chicken place in Texas.....They give a whole new meaning to the term "fast food"....:mad:

the genious
01-24-2012, 06:54 PM
I have a bad problem about eating fast food and not even remebering how i got there the next day lol so its safe to say i dont look at the ticket.. but when you are in that state it tastes so much better i have no problem paying extra lol:2thumbsup

AP Panther Fan
01-24-2012, 06:58 PM
I have a bad problem about eating fast food and not even remebering how i got there the next day lol so its safe to say i dont look at the ticket.. but when you are in that state it tastes so much better i have no problem paying extra lol:2thumbsup

Probably good that you are eating but hopefully someone else drove you...lol.

ExScoop
01-24-2012, 07:08 PM
Drink prices (like coke and tea) have really sky rocked over the past few years- Most are over $2.00-Paid as much as $2.50-$2.75 at most places. I make sure I get as many tea refills as I can since I'm a big ice tea drinker. Sometimes my wife will only drink water if she doesn't get a margaritta or a glass of wine. I hardly ever get a Shiner Bock anymore. Most sell Shiner Bock for $2.75 and higher. I used to buy a case of Shiner Bock longnecks for $4.99 back in the 1980s and had to return the bottles for deposite

defense51
01-24-2012, 08:49 PM
I remember my great grandfather telling me about bottle deposits

sotex
01-24-2012, 09:00 PM
Speaking of cashiers who don't know what they are doing, I was at Target yesterday buying something for my wife and the total was $26.48. I gave the cashier, a young lady in her late teens, $27.00. For whatever reason the register did not tell her how much change to give me. She had to call a manager to ask them what to do!

Leopard4Life
01-24-2012, 11:00 PM
Drink prices (like coke and tea) have really sky rocked over the past few years- Most are over $2.00-Paid as much as $2.50-$2.75 at most places. I make sure I get as many tea refills as I can since I'm a big ice tea drinker. Sometimes my wife will only drink water if she doesn't get a margaritta or a glass of wine. I hardly ever get a Shiner Bock anymore. Most sell Shiner Bock for $2.75 and higher. I used to buy a case of Shiner Bock longnecks for $4.99 back in the 1980s and had to return the bottles for deposite

Good luck getting a Shiner around here for $4 less (during happy hour). My favorite was a happy hours that had $2 domestics. My friends were drinking Bud and me and another guy were drining Shiner. I got a $20 tab... I asked how 4 beers at $2 a piece came to $20. The waitress told me that the $2 was only good for Domestics, and we explained that Shiner is made right here in Texas and asked her if she knew what Domestic and Import meant. The manager came over and told us that Shiner is considered an import, I was kind enough to explain that he should be considered a moron... Needless to say I paid my $20, even tipped the poor clueless girl, and never went back. I figured $24 is cheaper than bail. The places went out of business within 6 months. Main reason was mismanagement.

Back to Fast food. I get the kids Chick-Fil-A once a week. They always order the same thing and I noticed on my bank account that the amount never matches...