PDA

View Full Version : Ross Rogers heading back to Bryan-College Station

HEMOTOXIC
01-23-2012, 11:38 PM
http://www.kbtx.com/home/headlines/Ross_Rogers_named_new_head_football_coach_at_Bryan _High_137932708.html

BRYAN -- The BISD Board of Trustees unanimously approved the hiring of Ross Rogers as the new head football coach and athletic coordinator at Bryan High School.

Rogers returns to coaching after retiring from Harker Heights after the 2006 season.

"When you can think back to when I was in my 20's and 30's, growing up and sitting with Coach Teaff in the stadium over there cutting up film, all the G.A's would sit around talking about where we wanted to be. I'd say the Bryan job, or Conroe, or Lufkin that's where I'd want to be," said Rogers.

"It's just something I always thought I wanted to do. Certainly the time at College Station was unbelievable and we went in a different direction. Now at this point in my career at my age and my time, I think that I've still got something to offer."

Ross Rogers has been the Athletic Director and Head Football Coach at Hempstead, Waller, Giddings, A&M Consolidated, and Athletic Coordinator/Head Football Coach at Harker Heights High School. Rogers' career record is 211-87-8, leading his teams to the playoffs 16 times, with eight quarter-finalist teams. Rogers coached teams to three state championship games, winning the 4A state title in 1991 while at A&M Consolidated.