PDA

View Full Version : Bellville- Columbus BB game brawl

hookandladder
01-23-2012, 09:03 AM
Anybody have any news on this boys game , game was called after a bench clearing brawl broke out. Looks like recently hired AD/HC in Columbus has more diciple issues to workout, first week after being hired. Not a good start for Coach Sines, good luck with that situation.

FbCoachB40
01-23-2012, 09:18 AM
Anybody have any news on this boys game , game was called after a bench clearing brawl broke out. Looks like recently hired AD/HC in Columbus has more diciple issues to workout, first week after being hired. Not a good start for Coach Sines, good luck with that situation.

He needs to call Sonora and ask for his old job back...what a mess!! I feel sorry for the guy, because the discipline issues have nothing to do with him.

OLE'BULL
01-23-2012, 09:21 AM
I would be interested to hear the story from someone who was there. I heard a punch was thrown, a guy retaliated, and it was on from there. Until I hear what side started it (though that makes no difference) I will refrain from saying who I heard threw the first punch. They were only 2 minutes into the game when this happened. Who wins and how would this effect the playoffs for each team? It is an embarrassment to say the least. Not one of our finer days here in Brahma country :ack!:

rancher
01-23-2012, 09:27 AM
Make them both forfeit the game. Then sanction both teams, either one will not make the playoffs. Charges for affray should be charged on all involved if the whole teams needs to be charged, so be it. But the UIL will just say, part of the thug culture.

FbCoachB40
01-23-2012, 09:33 AM
BB player from Bellville needs to go to the restroom as the game starts, instead of going to the locker room; he goes to the public facility. According to the player, he got jumped in the restroom. He comes running out on the court with a Columbus student (or fan) chasing him. The pursuant punches him and knocks him down. As he tries to get up, a Columbus player pushes him back down...benches and stands clear!

This is the report that I received.

pancho villa
01-23-2012, 09:43 AM
wow Columbus is getting as bad as LaMarque

SHSBulldog00
01-23-2012, 10:02 AM
:twitch:

rancher
01-23-2012, 10:51 AM
Where are the on duty administrators and police? Is this LaMarque all over. Mob mentality takes over, could get very very ugly with the current thug culture. Or as some on this site want, just take beat down and forget about it.

SHSBulldog00
01-23-2012, 10:56 AM
Sounds like some of the school's need someone with an iron fist.

hookandladder
01-23-2012, 11:10 AM
Where was this game played at, Columbus or Bellville. My first comment about Coach Sines being the AD , I was not saying he had anything to do with this fight just saying he has his hands full in Columbus.

YTBulldogs
01-23-2012, 11:45 AM
What a mess!!!

Saggy Aggie
01-23-2012, 12:09 PM
Maybe if rancher would've had his gun he could've stopped this from happening.

XMan
01-23-2012, 02:09 PM
Game mustve been in Columbus, everyone knows Bellville doesnt have any basketball fans. lol

FbCoachB40
01-23-2012, 02:11 PM
I also heard that there were no police officers. I know that if I got hurt in this situation...Columbus ISD would be talking to my attorney...how do you not have any officers on duty for a game????

FbCoachB40
01-23-2012, 02:12 PM
game mustve been in columbus, everyone knows bellville doesnt have any basketball fans. Lol

Now that's funny!!

rancher
01-23-2012, 02:48 PM
No Police ??? I heard you also could not find an administrator either??? From what I have been told, it was every man for himself. This is a good example to adhere to my fear reduction policy.

YTBulldogs
01-23-2012, 03:01 PM
No Police ??? I heard you also could not find an administrator either??? From what I have been told, it was every man for himself. This is a good example to adhere to my fear reduction policy.

Sounds like the wild wild west in Columbus.

sTxforlife
01-23-2012, 03:47 PM
Columbus has been getting worse as far as the thug issues go, they've been one of the dirtiest teams and cheap teams that we've played the past couple of years.

Saggy Aggie
01-23-2012, 04:12 PM
No Police ??? I heard you also could not find an administrator either??? From what I have been told, it was every man for himself. This is a good example to adhere to my fear reduction policy. yeah right on man. Whip out your pistol. Thatll solve the problem

LIONS#1
01-23-2012, 04:27 PM
Well if a Cop had of been there he carries a Pistol...LMAO I guess if the idiots doing the fighting came my way I might have to pull the conceal and carry card on their ass cuz I ain't gonna hurt my knuckles on someones hard head!! That being said...it is a sad state of affairs when you have to put up with this kind of thuggery at a HS ball game much less when there is no one trying to STOP it!!

BRfalconfan
01-23-2012, 10:30 PM
I feel sorry for the new AD but whats done is done and hopefully he can fix the problem in Columbus someone needs to.

Manso/V8
01-24-2012, 12:13 AM
I didn't hear the part of the player getting jumped in the bathroom. Here is the story I heard from a Bellville fan that was at the game in Columbus. I was told, that early in the game, one of the Bellville players was tackled by a Columbus player on the floor, maybe that's an exaggeration.....let's assume he was at least fouled pretty hard. The Bellville player got up and got in the offender's face. The/A Columbus player punched that Bellville player, and then a brawl broke out. That's why they call the Cardinals, the "dirty birds"!.........but then again, from the few games I have seen this year, a couple of the Bellville players demonstrate a little too much "swag" for my taste. I am not saying that was the case in this game, I wasn't there......but if I was an opposing player, I wouldn't tackle, shove, or punch a swag walker, I would a find of way of communicating my dislike for their act. I guess it goes back to the UIL taunting rule that is in place for football. I also heard the Bellville coach got hit, but the fan who told me that, "heard that", so I don't know if it is true. The game was stopped after the brawl. The Columbus dance team came out and performed. Reportedly the dance team was pretty good.

According to some Bellville fans at the earlier varsity girls game, some of the Columbus girls were playing pretty rough and one of them dropped an F-bomb at the Bellville fans after fouling out.......but it was probably directed at one of the helicopter moms/dads who think they can ref a basketball game from the stands and that it is OK to chide opposing players. Supposedly, the Columbus girls coach came over to the Bellville bench after the game and apologized for her players' behavior during the game.

Maybe they got some bad weed going 'round in Columbus this year?

eagles_victory
01-24-2012, 12:57 AM
The bathroom story seems unlikely. I just don't see a coach allowing his player to go use a public restroom in that situation. I guess it could of happened but I dont know. The last scenario posted seems far more likely.

hookandladder
01-24-2012, 07:10 AM
I was told last night by one of our BB players that a player from Columbus did come from behind a Bellville player and took him down and then it was on, before he told me who the player was from Columbus I had already guessed correctly. This kid has been trouble since his 7th grade year, he needs some serious disciple however he is extremely talented. Good Luck Coach Sines.

teetle
01-24-2012, 10:32 AM
Thats whys theys calls thems the Dirty Birds. Theys thinks theys alls thats. Theys hases absolutelys no class. Coach Sine will nots tollerate this. He like Jimmie, He be knowing what he bes doing. Hes wills gets that straight. Good luck Coaches Sine.:ack!::ack!::eek:

CheerMom
01-24-2012, 04:10 PM
It does seem that they have been getting dirtier and dirtier as the years go by....hopefully Coach Sine will get it all straightened out...wouldn't want to be in his shoes, though....

XMan
01-24-2012, 04:45 PM
CTown saw Rice win all those football games so they have been trying to be more like them!

the genious
01-24-2012, 04:48 PM
BB player from Bellville needs to go to the restroom as the game starts, instead of going to the locker room; he goes to the public facility. According to the player, he got jumped in the restroom. He comes running out on the court with a Columbus student (or fan) chasing him. The pursuant punches him and knocks him down. As he tries to get up, a Columbus player pushes him back down...benches and stands clear!

This is the report that I received.

Is this a joke? Go slap whoever told you this!
There was a hard foul by a Columbus player when 2 guys went up for rebound.. When they came down the Bellvile player pushed the Columbus player and Another kid pushed him.. This prompted a bellvile kid to throw a punch and it was on from there. Bellvile bench cleared and columbus's followed. Just like any other brawl once a punch is thrown the benches clear.. There was a Columbus kid that came out of the stands and he was issued a citation for trespassing....
As far as the girls game goes a girl from Columbus fouled out and was frustrated.. She went and sat down and before the coach could tell her go shake hands a parents from bellvile popped off "that's pretty classless the you try to fight every one then won't go shake hands".. The girl then told the fan to F*** off

CheerMom
01-24-2012, 04:49 PM
CTown saw Rice win all those football games so they have been trying to be more like them!

Good one...haha...

Phil C
01-24-2012, 05:01 PM
LET THERE BE NO FURTHER VIOLENCE WHERE ONLY LOVE SHOULD BE!!!

:mad:

SHSBulldog00
01-24-2012, 07:54 PM
I would suspend those involved until I felt they were truely sincere. It wouldn't matter how good the kid maybe; if we lost every game so be it, but I doubt that would happen.

Manso/V8
01-25-2012, 12:12 AM
Is this a joke? Go slap whoever told you this!
There was a hard foul by a Columbus player when 2 guys went up for rebound.. When they came down the Bellvile player pushed the Columbus player and Another kid pushed him.. This prompted a bellvile kid to throw a punch and it was on from there. Bellvile bench cleared and columbus's followed. Just like any other brawl once a punch is thrown the benches clear.. There was a Columbus kid that came out of the stands and he was issued a citation for trespassing....
As far as the girls game goes a girl from Columbus fouled out and was frustrated.. She went and sat down and before the coach could tell her go shake hands a parents from bellvile popped off "that's pretty classless the you try to fight every one then won't go shake hands".. The girl then told the fan to F*** off

I asked some other Bellville folks who were at the game and got what I think is a more accurate version......at least from their point of view.
A Bellville player(s) did use the public restroom before the game and got hassled by Columbus fans, but not jumped or chased. The precursor to the brawl was when a Bellville player and a Columbus player both went up from a rebound and tied up on the ball. From what I could gather, their arms were locked up in the battle for the ball. In the struggle for the ball, the Bellville player was slung to the ground. He got up and bucked up to the Columbus player. Another dirty bird came from behind and punched the Bellville player. Not sure, but I would think there were some other confrontations between players on the floor in response. Kids from the Columbus stands poured out on to the floor. Bellville players (not sure if all of them) came from the opposite side and end of the court to protect their teammates from the mob. All but two players from the dirty bird bench joined the melee. The Bellville fans were held in the stands. At least one other Bellville player was punched and the Bellville coach was punched by one of the fans........I am sure the Bellville coach was not participating in the fight, just trying to stop it. I was told the Columbus fan who threw those punches was arrested along with another Columbus fan. There were no Columbus administrators at the game.......seems strange, and no police at the game. One police officer showed up after the brawl. The Bellville player who was involved in the pre-punch rebound tie-up was suspended for at least one game (he didn't play tonight against KIPP). I have no idea what, if any, actions were taken against any Columbus players.

I don't doubt that one of the Bellville parents popped off at the girl who fouled out, I have witnessed similar before........I also heard that the Columbus girls coach sent to players to the locker room during the game for attitude/behavior.

the genious
01-25-2012, 12:28 AM
^^^ I think we have a good medium! Just that a mob of people chased a player out of bathroom was histarical!! That sounds right I heard bellvile threw first punch and I heard that bellvile coach was punched by own player in the cross fire lol

hookandladder
01-25-2012, 07:20 AM
I asked some other Bellville folks who were at the game and got what I think is a more accurate version......at least from their point of view.
A Bellville player(s) did use the public restroom before the game and got hassled by Columbus fans, but not jumped or chased. The precursor to the brawl was when a Bellville player and a Columbus player both went up from a rebound and tied up on the ball. From what I could gather, their arms were locked up in the battle for the ball. In the struggle for the ball, the Bellville player was slung to the ground. He got up and bucked up to the Columbus player. Another dirty bird came from behind and punched the Bellville player. Not sure, but I would think there were some other confrontations between players on the floor in response. Kids from the Columbus stands poured out on to the floor. Bellville players (not sure if all of them) came from the opposite side and end of the court to protect their teammates from the mob. All but two players from the dirty bird bench joined the melee. The Bellville fans were held in the stands. At least one other Bellville player was punched and the Bellville coach was punched by one of the fans........I am sure the Bellville coach was not participating in the fight, just trying to stop it. I was told the Columbus fan who threw those punches was arrested along with another Columbus fan. There were no Columbus administrators at the game.......seems strange, and no police at the game. One police officer showed up after the brawl. The Bellville player who was involved in the pre-punch rebound tie-up was suspended for at least one game (he didn't play tonight against KIPP). I have no idea what, if any, actions were taken against any Columbus players.

I don't doubt that one of the Bellville parents popped off at the girl who fouled out, I have witnessed similar before........I also heard that the Columbus girls coach sent to players to the locker room during the game for attitude/behavior.

Was told one player from Columbus has been suspendid from athletics for the rest of the year, just what I have heard. Coach Sines will have his work cut out, this has been getting worse for them for the last 4 years since what they did against us in football 3 years ago. Good Luck to him.

teetle
01-25-2012, 02:58 PM
David bes knowings whats he bes doing. He wills gets it straight. Haves no fears. Bellvilles and LaGrange theys just likes the Dirty Birds. Theys needs help too. Jimmie he, gots things under control.:ack!::ack!::eek:

ExScoop
01-25-2012, 05:07 PM
When this happened with East Bernard and Boling boys (A big Wharton County rivalarly) both teams got a loss. I was at the game covering it for the Wharton Journal-Spectator-I was sitting in a chair near one of the benches when it happened with just under a minute left in the game. Boling was ahead by around 10 points. One EB player got punched in the eye-Luckily an eye doctor was there. At least they had security there from Wharton County Sherrif Department- I wrote a column about how it was the officials fault for letting the game get out of hand

the genious
01-25-2012, 05:50 PM
David bes knowings whats he bes doing. He wills gets it straight. Haves no fears. Bellvilles and LaGrange theys just likes the Dirty Birds. Theys needs help too. Jimmie he, gots things under control.:ack!::ack!::eek:

Does this mean that y'all don't have to rent busses from the prisons to make sure they have bars on the windows? Lol! Teetle has a man crush on Jimmy!

FrmSTx
01-25-2012, 07:06 PM
I'm pretty sure, somehow, Giddings initiated this fight. I also bet that there was some dude running around with his shirt off yelling, "I'm a BEAST!" At least that is my experience with fights in that area of the world.

ronwx5x
01-25-2012, 08:31 PM
Nothing from the Columbus side? It would be interesting to get the view from the "other" side.

Manso/V8
01-26-2012, 12:14 AM
Was told one player from Columbus has been suspendid from athletics for the rest of the year, just what I have heard. Coach Sines will have his work cut out, this has been getting worse for them for the last 4 years since what they did against us in football 3 years ago. Good Luck to him.

The Bellville Times reported that one Bellville player has been removed from the team and another suspended.

pancho villa
01-26-2012, 09:00 AM
Just do away with basketball!

teetle
01-26-2012, 10:26 AM
Does this mean that y'all don't have to rent busses from the prisons to make sure they have bars on the windows? Lol! Teetle has a man crush on Jimmy!All thats wases before Jimmie. T.J neededs busses with bars. I donts' haveses no crushes on Jimmie. I don't agree with everythings thats hes does. Buts he doeses has dicipline. Columbus hases no dicipline. Bellvilles should have knowns that. Theys gots put in the trick bag bys the Dirty Birds. Theys can only blames theirselves. Yous needs to knows what yous bes talking about before yous opens yours big mouth

Manso/V8
01-27-2012, 01:01 AM
Just do away with basketball!
thump, thump

ExScoop
01-27-2012, 09:38 PM
A friend of mine (who lives in Wharton) officiated the Columbus freshman game tonight. He said there was security there and a lot of cameras. Guess they were not going to take any chances

the genious
01-27-2012, 10:43 PM
All thats wases before Jimmie. T.J neededs busses with bars. I donts' haveses no crushes on Jimmie. I don't agree with everythings thats hes does. Buts he doeses has dicipline. Columbus hases no dicipline. Bellvilles should have knowns that. Theys gots put in the trick bag bys the Dirty Birds. Theys can only blames theirselves. Yous needs to knows what yous bes talking about before yous opens yours big mouth

Aww teetler ims sorry that's I hurts yous feelins... It wasssss just a jokes buddy! And maybess if yous opens yous mouth more yous wouldn't add a ssssss lol I'm kiddning buddy have a great day

teetle
01-30-2012, 10:29 AM
If theres was nos administration and no security at the games thats is the faults of The Dirty Birds Superintendent and the High School Principal. Theys to blame. Theys too busy to goes tos the game. Theys knows that Bellville and Columbus a big rivalry. STheys needs to takes a good hard looks at theirselves.:ack!::eek::ack!:

ExScoop
01-30-2012, 01:41 PM
Some adminstrators just hate being at athletic events. I've seen that especially at baseball and softball games. And you don't see very many at track meets unless they time, run events or pick places. Never seen any at tennis or golf tournaments

StangEm
01-30-2012, 02:10 PM
If memory serves...there was an incident last year with a Bellville kid who got ejected in Hempstead at their tournament. I wonder if the same kid was involved in this deal. Kinda makes me wonder who's running things there.

3afan
01-30-2012, 03:59 PM

whats an administrator going to do in a brawl? they just need to be in the building, they don't need to go to the potty with a player. same with game officials, just get out of the way and start writing down numbers.

now if there were really no poilce officers thats another issue alltogether.

ExScoop
01-30-2012, 07:51 PM
I've been to a game where both athletic directors from each school were there and they helped to break it up

rancher
01-30-2012, 08:17 PM
What is a school official going to do during a brawl? I would hope that act like any other responsible adult or police officer and try to stop it. They are not hired to stand around. What about the coaches what are they doing, cheering on the event. They should also be in there trying to stop it.

3afan
01-31-2012, 08:40 AM
What is a school official going to do during a brawl? I would hope that act like any other responsible adult or police officer and try to stop it. They are not hired to stand around. What about the coaches what are they doing, cheering on the event. They should also be in there trying to stop it.

to jump into a brawl of thugging teenagers, well go ahead if you want - its not the admin's job to break up a brawl, be real --- I've had 60 yr. old women as my admin at games - they reslove issues but if they need help they get it

of course team personnel (adults!) and security/police should jump in .....

Red&White_9x5
01-31-2012, 09:25 AM

It is basically a C.Y.A in the event something like this happens. Admin's aren't expected to break up a brawl, but by there and doing your best to calm down the situation your district now has a leg to stand on when adressing the UIL. With know admin there the UIL will be focusing their attn on the the school district itself as much as the actual incident of the brawl.

buff4ever
01-31-2012, 09:53 AM
It is basically a C.Y.A in the event something like this happens. Admin's aren't expected to break up a brawl, but by there and doing your best to calm down the situation your district now has a leg to stand on when adressing the UIL. With know admin there the UIL will be focusing their attn on the the school district itself as much as the actual incident of the brawl.

Red, are you drunk? Post is exactly right somehow, just wondering if you were drunk.

Red&White_9x5
01-31-2012, 11:00 AM
Red, are you drunk? Post is exactly right somehow, just wondering if you were drunk.

I was in a hurry and didn't proof the post. I can easily see where you would think that after going back and reading now!!!!

Saggy Aggie
01-31-2012, 11:25 AM
What is a school official going to do during a brawl? I would hope that act like any other responsible adult or police officer and try to stop it. They are not hired to stand around. What about the coaches what are they doing, cheering on the event. They should also be in there trying to stop it. maybe they ought to be packing so they can whip out their 9 mil and start capping people. that'll put an end to the fight for sure...

Watcher
01-31-2012, 10:41 PM
Teetle you hit the nail on the head. Superintendent has had AD's hands tied for years. If AD tried to discipline athletes, Sup. overruled it. Hook you were right to say good luck to new AD. He does his hands full starting with the administration. It's hard to discipline when you are overruled. Dirty Sup = Dirty Bird

Manso/V8
02-01-2012, 12:02 AM
Teetle you hit the nail on the head. Superintendent has had AD's hands tied for years. If AD tried to discipline athletes, Sup. overruled it. Hook you were right to say good luck to new AD. He does his hands full starting with the administration. It's hard to discipline when you are overruled. Dirty Sup = Dirty Bird

Why does the supt want to tolerate this stuff?

teetle
02-01-2012, 10:20 AM
That bes the case, Columbus gots rid of the wrongs man. Supt bes the dirty bird. Well Coach Sine mights haves his hands fulls. Good Lucks to him. David a goods man.:ack!::eek::ack!: