PDA

View Full Version : Joe Pa Fading Fast

neck_06
01-21-2012, 06:54 PM
Joe Paterno's medical condition is taking a turn for the worse and he's now listed in "serious" condition (per a statement released by the family earlier today). Thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family. :(

LIONS#1
01-21-2012, 07:36 PM
Wow''''so sad!!! Praying for him and his family!!

Lucky2Coach
01-21-2012, 07:39 PM
Joe Paterno's medical condition is taking a turn for the worse and he's now listed in "serious" condition (per a statement released by the family earlier today). Thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family. :(

Also pray for the kids that he let get raped under his tenure as a HC.

OldBison75
01-21-2012, 08:59 PM
Paterno has passed.

Emerson1
01-21-2012, 10:05 PM
Paterno has passed.
not true.

Saggy Aggie
01-21-2012, 10:13 PM
not true.???

I saw some stuff that said he did. You read that's not true or what?

lbjacj
01-21-2012, 10:45 PM
???

I saw some stuff that said he did. You read that's not true or what?

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/01/22/idUS133807577120120122

sTxforlife
01-22-2012, 12:01 AM
he's still alive

zebrablue2
01-22-2012, 09:05 AM
Wow''''so sad!!! Praying for him and his family!!

+1. Prayers sent!!!

YTBulldogs
01-22-2012, 10:23 AM
Joe Pa has just passed. God bless.

OldBison75
01-22-2012, 10:35 AM
My heart goes out to the Paterno family for their loss. I also send my condolences to the Penn State family. No matter what you think of the recent situation, this man was not the troll that attacked children. He followed the rules of his employer and reported what he was told to his superiors. They failed to follow up. Yes, he could have done more, but, he assumed the people in charge were doing the right thing.

Let's all hold the abuser responsible for the atrocities he committed. Paterno was a devoted coach, employee and friend to thousands of members of the Penn State family. Give him and his family the respect they deserve in this time of sorrow. None of us would appreciate others throwing stones at our loved ones at this time.

pirate4state
01-22-2012, 11:01 AM
My heart goes out to the Paterno family for their loss. I also send my condolences to the Penn State family. No matter what you think of the recent situation, this man was not the troll that attacked children. He followed the rules of his employer and reported what he was told to his superiors. They failed to follow up. Yes, he could have done more, but, he assumed the people in charge were doing the right thing.

Let's all hold the abuser responsible for the atrocities he committed. Paterno was a devoted coach, employee and friend to thousands of members of the Penn State family. Give him and his family the respect they deserve in this time of sorrow. None of us would appreciate others throwing stones at our loved ones at this time.

Amen! RIP Joe Pa

bobcat1
01-22-2012, 11:21 AM

Amen! RIP Joe PaDitto.

Old Tiger
01-22-2012, 11:51 AM
Its a shame his legacy is tarnished due to a sick freak. RIP JoePa.

eagles_victory
01-22-2012, 11:54 AM
Sorry when it comes to knowing children are being raped following protocol simply isn't enough.

OldBison75
01-22-2012, 12:07 PM
EV---If you read my post, I said he should have done more. But, now is not the time to call him names, it is a time to give his family comfort and peace. Be human, realize that even you have made mistakes and not done all you could have done in some situations. Can you honestly say that you have never made a mistake and now wish you would have responded in a different way?

Again, Let us all remember the pain this family is living with and give them the comfort they deserve.

Roughneck93
01-22-2012, 01:13 PM
Sad how all this has played out in State College. RIP Joe.

Bullaholic
01-22-2012, 02:03 PM
I think Joe Paterno was a good man and a great coach who made a bad error in judgment in a moment of weakness which had repercussions that he never envisioned. I will always believe that he cared greatly for the athletes in his charge and his legacy will reflect that caring along with the scars of the scandal.

regaleagle
01-22-2012, 02:58 PM
Let me just quote a passage here we should all remember: "Judge not lest ye be judged". Rest in peace, JoPa.

Ernest T Bass
01-22-2012, 03:04 PM
JoePa has suffered from the same fate as Richard Nixon. Both did great things for many people, but didn't respond appropriately when they learned about someone else doing something wrong.
Regardless, Heaven's coaching staff just got stronger. Lombardi, Bryant, Landry, Wood, and no Paterno.
Godspeed, JoePa.

eagles_victory
01-22-2012, 05:24 PM
EV---If you read my post, I said he should have done more. But, now is not the time to call him names, it is a time to give his family comfort and peace. Be human, realize that even you have made mistakes and not done all you could have done in some situations. Can you honestly say that you have never made a mistake and now wish you would have responded in a different way?

Again, Let us all remember the pain this family is living with and give them the comfort they deserve. Can I honestly say I haven't made a mistake that ruined the lives of up to what 15 or 20 kids and families by letting a monster run lose and did nothing about it? Yes I can.

Im not saying it isn't a sad day that he died and we should only remember him for this incident but come on your post was shortsighted to say the very least. When did I call him names btw?

Macarthur
01-22-2012, 05:28 PM
Sorry when it comes to knowing children are being raped following protocol simply isn't enough.

I tend to agree here. I have a real hard time mustering up any positive feeling for hi or his family.

sTxforlife
01-22-2012, 05:32 PM
You people are heartless, try being a human being and showing a little compassion for the man. It doesnt matter if his mistake was worse than any you may have made the point is that you HAVE made one before so dont judge him for his unless you would like to be judged for yours.

Txbroadcaster
01-22-2012, 05:36 PM
You people are heartless, try being a human being and showing a little compassion for the man. It doesnt matter if his mistake was worse than any you may have made the point is that you HAVE made one before so dont judge him for his unless you would like to be judged for yours.

HEARTLESS?!?!?!?! He allowed a Child rapist to continue to rape kids..simple as that

WildTexan972
01-22-2012, 05:56 PM
We all die so all this compassion is odd....he got in 85 years with most of them doing what he loved, so no need to feel sorry for him or his family....his legacy would have been greatness no doubt, but now it is tarnished, and anyone that feels otherwise sure has NO NEED to be around any children for fear of what they deem to be appropriate behaviour....

eagles_victory
01-22-2012, 05:57 PM
My definition of heartless would be letting a known child rapist run free and even use your facilities to meet and rape new victims... Guess we differ on opinions of the word.

OldBison75
01-22-2012, 09:08 PM
I will not argue that he made a very horrible error in judgement and others suffered for it. I also know people that have made a poor judgement and driven a vehicle after drinking, having a wreck, and killing innocent people. I also know that it is only by the grace of God that some of us on this board have never been caught in a situation that caused injury or death to another person. My God tells me that I should forgive those that err and pray for them.

You can attack all you want, and I will pray that nothing ever happens to you that causes others to feel you have let them down.

Ranger Mom
01-22-2012, 09:08 PM
We all die so all this compassion is odd....he got in 85 years with most of them doing what he loved, so no need to feel sorry for him or his family....his legacy would have been greatness no doubt, but now it is tarnished, and anyone that feels otherwise sure has NO NEED to be around any children for fear of what they deem to be appropriate behaviour....

My definition of heartless would be letting a known child rapist run free and even use your facilities to meet and rape new victims... Guess we differ on opinions of the word.

As someone who was also molested as a child (although not to the degree these kids were) I have to agree with the both of you.

eagles_victory
01-22-2012, 09:14 PM
Was Joe Pa sorry that he let Sandusky get away with all this or was he sorry he got caught?

Txbroadcaster
01-22-2012, 10:00 PM
I will not argue that he made a very horrible error in judgement and others suffered for it. I also know people that have made a poor judgement and driven a vehicle after drinking, having a wreck, and killing innocent people. I also know that it is only by the grace of God that some of us on this board have never been caught in a situation that caused injury or death to another person. My God tells me that I should forgive those that err and pray for them.

You can attack all you want, and I will pray that nothing ever happens to you that causes others to feel you have let them down.

BIG BIG BIG difference in your scenario and what happen at Ped state

99IHSMustang
01-22-2012, 10:35 PM
I don't feel sad for someone who didn't do more to prevent the molestation of Children. He got off easy if you ask me.

Macarthur
01-23-2012, 12:08 AM

U realize how bizarre this comment is?

OldBison75
01-23-2012, 12:58 AM
Does it seem kinda hypocritical to say that a person that drives drunk and kills another person in an accident is less at fault that Paterno, who did not touch a soul himself, but made a mistake by following his employers policies and did not take the moral road and go to the Police himself.

I am sorry for the loss his family feels, the loss his former players feel, and the loss his many friends feel. Do I agree with his decisions, NO. But that does not destroy the compassion I have for those that loved him.

eagles_victory
01-23-2012, 01:30 AM
Does it seem kinda hypocritical to say that a person that drives drunk and kills another person in an accident is less at fault that Paterno, who did not touch a soul himself, but made a mistake by following his employers policies and did not take the moral road and go to the Police himself.

I am sorry for the loss his family feels, the loss his former players feel, and the loss his many friends feel. Do I agree with his decisions, NO. But that does not destroy the compassion I have for those that loved him. Drunk driver mistake is a mistake made in a split second while judgment is impaired. I don't condone that at all, however Paterno's mistake was made every day for at least 8 years possibly even more than that. Drunk driving is a think that happens very quickly and you get one shot at doing it or not Paterno had thousands of chances to stop Sandusky and never did.

Btw following company policy seriously do you realize how weak that sounds? First off Paterno was a God like figure there and could of handled the situation in his own way Joe Pa wasn't going to get in trouble for breaking chain of command at Penn St. Secondly reporting children being raped to police isn't taking the "moral high road" it is just having a soul and being a decent human being Id like to think anyone would report it.

3afan
01-23-2012, 07:18 AM
r i p

Macarthur
01-23-2012, 10:06 AM

That's not what was said. You need to go back and re-read.

I am sorry for the loss his family feels, the loss his former players feel, and the loss his many friends feel. Do I agree with his decisions, NO. But that does not destroy the compassion I have for those that loved him.

Sure, the family and friends feel grief. But here's something to consider, When that whole fiasco broke, watching the reactions of the people in the program, the students and even his family (son), it struck me that it had a very 'cultish' feel to it. It's almost like no one in Penn wanted to hear anything about the truth; they simply wanted to talk about how a great man was done wrong by the university. It was all very surreal and bizarre, IMO.

Macarthur
01-23-2012, 02:05 PM
There are lots of stories out there like this that things were not what they seemed at Penn St.

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2011/11/23/discipline-penn-state-football-players-scrutinized

bobcat1
01-23-2012, 07:53 PM
I don't feel sad for someone who didn't do more to prevent the molestation of Children. He got off easy if you ask me.He'll answer for that if he knew and allowed it. Believe the Word of God. It says whatever you have done to the least of these you have done to me.

SWMustang
01-23-2012, 08:25 PM
I expect the utmost in dignity and respect from everyone when Charles Manson kicks the bucket+

Sweetwater Red
01-23-2012, 09:11 PM
Just think. A week ago the sports media and this board was pondering the question whether or not Tim Tebow was a diety and now both are discussing whether Joe Pa should go to heaven or burn in hell. Kinda pathetic really. Especiallly considering that some on this thread compared Tony, who is clinging to life, to Hitler.

eagles_victory
01-23-2012, 09:38 PM
Just think. A week ago the sports media and this board was pondering the question whether or not Tim Tebow was a diety and now both are discussing whether Joe Pa should go to heaven or burn in hell. Kinda pathetic really. Especiallly considering that some on this thread compared Tony, who is clinging to life, to Hitler. Who mentioned go to heaven or burn in hell before you did?