PDA

View Full Version : Newton scrimmage report!

3Aroy
08-25-2001, 10:59 PM
against (4A) Port Auther TJ

Looked good:
*passing game
*rb's
*defense was awesome!
*they swallowed TJ in size.
*THEY ARE FAST +

Has its questions:
*Offensive Line

The offensive line has potential, but is not quite in the shape that they need to be in when the regular season starts. I think they will get there before 9-7-01 though.
The scrimmage was 2-2 going into *overtime... They went into what would have been triple overtime before TJ scored on a freak play. Newton's cornerback tripped and the dude was wide open for the pass.
Then Newton roared back with what looked like it was going to be a touchdown pass, but right as the reciever with the ball crossed over the one yard line, the ball was stripped from his arms. TJ acted like they won the super bowl or something! If it had been a regular game, Newton's defense would have ran up the scorebard, so Newton is still my favorite to win D2.

-Roy http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/wink.gif

Timberwolve
08-26-2001, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by 3Aroy:
against (4A) Port Auther TJ

Looked good:
*passing game
*rb's
*defense was awesome!
*they swallowed TJ in size.
*THEY ARE FAST +

Has its questions:
*Offensive Line

The offensive line has potential, but is not quite in the shape that they need to be in when the regular season starts. I think they will get there before 9-7-01 though.
The scrimmage was 2-2 going into *overtime... They went into what would have been triple overtime before TJ scored on a freak play. Newton's cornerback tripped and the dude was wide open for the pass.
Then Newton roared back with what looked like it was going to be a touchdown pass, but right as the reciever with the ball crossed over the one yard line, the ball was stripped from his arms. TJ acted like they won the super bowl or something! If it had been a regular game, Newton's defense would have ran up the scorebard, so Newton is still my favorite to win D2.

-Roy http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/wink.gif