PDA

View Full Version : Well it looks like the cat's (or should i say mustang's) outa the bag

olddawggreen
01-20-2012, 02:25 PM
WELCOME BACK TO THE HILL COUNTRY TODD DODGE AND FAMILY!

http://panews.com/sports/x647566059/Todd-Dodge-confirms-hes-going-to-Marble-Falls

greendawg84
01-20-2012, 04:46 PM
Lucky @#@$@#@'s wish it would have worked out for the DAWGS .

lv2937
01-20-2012, 11:19 PM
how can he say he,s the new coach. by what i read in the paper, since they opened up the job for outside app. they have to take app. untill monday. they stop taking apps t 5 o clock monday. i,m sure the job is his but they cant say untill after 5 on monday

Old Dog
01-20-2012, 11:59 PM
Really a crappy way to handle the situation in Marble Falls. Burnet's handling of their hiring wasn't much better either. Both seem pretty unprofessional. When I used to disagree with my old boss, he would say "you don't see the big picture". BS, there are right ways and wrong ways..........................

marler1972
01-21-2012, 08:13 AM
LOL, mmm could have something to do with the oil snake salesman that they call the Superintendant. He is a joke.

Old Tiger
01-21-2012, 12:06 PM
How long before Marble Falls is a championship contender?

lv2937
01-21-2012, 12:21 PM
Never

NastySlot
01-21-2012, 01:38 PM
How long before Marble Falls is a championship contender?

someone posted never.....i would never say never. MF's won't be like Southlake.....might be more like the other three jobs he had. Good Luck to him.

olddawggreen
01-21-2012, 01:55 PM
how can he say he,s the new coach. by what i read in the paper, since they opened up the job for outside app. they have to take app. untill monday. they stop taking apps t 5 o clock monday. i,m sure the job is his but they cant say untill after 5 on monday

Like most of these situations, as a formality a school may have to take applications until a certain date, but many times decision on who they plan to hire is already made. Your right lv2937, it wont be announced and made official until Monday.

olddawggreen
01-21-2012, 01:55 PM

Like most of these situations, as a formality a school may have to take applications until a certain date, but many times decision on who they plan to hire is already made. Your right lv2937, it wont be announced and made official until Monday.

lv2937
01-21-2012, 02:30 PM
its in several papers that he has accepted the job. why take apps amd waste people time if they already hired someone. i still cant see MF being a state contender any timesoon .

olddawggreen
01-21-2012, 02:59 PM
Really a crappy way to handle the situation in Marble Falls. Burnet's handling of their hiring wasn't much better either. Both seem pretty unprofessional. When I used to disagree with my old boss, he would say "you don't see the big picture". BS, there are right ways and wrong ways..........................

Old Dog, I actually think the Marble Falls hiring process was handled very profesionally. I think Burnet was at a disadvantage not having a perminate Superintendant in place to help with the decision. Apparently MF was in a better position to keep the small town politics out of the decision, having said that, it may just be that Burnet and Marble Falls have different ideas about what they wanted, and thats ok. It's my opinion that if Burnet was going to hire from within, there was no better choice than Coach Jones. I wish him the best and look forward to watching him turn the program in Burnet around. I understand that there is a lot of excitement amoung the young people in Marble Falls at this time, which is really what this should be all about. I personally think that the MFISD Administration and the Board should be complimented for having the vision and desire to make their program the best that it can be, and going after it. I believe in the long run it will be a win, win situation for everyone involved. Success comes in a lot of forms and levels. No one should think that TD is going to walk in and have a state contender on his hands. I see a lot of work ahead for the teams and coaches to put a new program in place from top to bottom. It doesn't happen over night. I think it's going to be an exciting time to be a Mustang. It's going to be fun watching high school football in Burnet County the next several years.

olddawggreen
01-21-2012, 03:05 PM
its in several papers that he has accepted the job. why take apps amd waste people time if they already hired someone. i still cant see MF being a state contender any timesoon .

Taking apps and schedualing interviews are two different things. I can't count the number of times that I have sent in an application for a job that had already been decided, thats part of life and happens in every profession. With the state there are certain requirements that have to be met. Thats just the way it is.

olddawggreen
01-21-2012, 03:08 PM
Never

Spoken like a true Bulldog (:

olddawggreen
01-21-2012, 09:21 PM
Great Austin American Statesman article today, almost missed it.

http://www.statesman.com/sports/todd-dodge-expected-to-take-over-as-marble-2115867.html

Old Dog
01-22-2012, 04:37 PM
Sorry if my comments sounded like discontent. I am very pleased with the Coach Jones hire, just sorry that two existing coaches had to go head to head. I assume their were locals in both camps. I am too far removed from school happenings to know all the inside scoop these days.

Also, I sincerely wish Marble Falls all the luck with Todd. I think it would be great to have two winning programs in Burnet County. Good luck to both new coaches.