PDA

View Full Version : Bay City still looking for head football coach-AD

ExScoop
01-19-2012, 10:25 AM
I guess Bay City is the only opening left to fill in the Matagorda County-Brazoria County area

This was in Jan. 8 issue of Bay City Tribune

After receiving former AD Robert Blackmon’s letter of resignation, BCISD is in full pursuit of the next headman for one of the state’s most coveted coaching position.

Monday (Jan 9) is the school’s imposed deadline to take applicants for the AD position but the process won’t stop there.

“The process is to take the application and from there narrow down to an interview pool,” said Superintendent Keith Brown via email on Friday.

The district has received 78 applicants thus far and plans to trim the applicants to 10-20 depending on what the selection committee deems quality applicants.

The committee is made up of administrators from BCISD.

I am sure there are a lot of good applicants to choose from, let’s just hope that in this case the AD they choose is up to the task of putting Bay City athletics back on the map acrossethe board and from the bottom up.

YTBulldogs
01-19-2012, 10:27 AM
You'd think they would want this filled before Feb 2. Bet most that applied for VE, applied here too.

FbCoachB40
01-19-2012, 11:35 AM
WHAT A JOKE!!!!

One of the state's most covetted jobs?!?!? This is not a great job anymore. When they closed the second junior high, they school board cut the athletic pool in half!! It is not what it used to be.

Matthew328
01-19-2012, 11:45 AM
A little bit of a stretch there on coveted coaching position considering just 78 applied

Crow22
01-19-2012, 12:02 PM
I think he forgot the disclaimer of "circa 2001" after he said "one of the state's most coveted jobs."

SHSBulldog00
01-19-2012, 12:03 PM
Do you have the list of the 78 applicants?

raider red 2000
01-19-2012, 12:39 PM
I think he forgot the disclaimer of "circa 2001" after he said "one of the state's most coveted jobs."

Did A. Cherry jack that place up, or was it the board, or what happened?

I doubt a place like that just runs out of athletes.

Cam
01-19-2012, 01:20 PM
better jump on Dodge quick cause he's packin' his bags.....

ExScoop
01-19-2012, 09:26 PM
Their football stadium, dressing rooms are pretty poor for a 4A school-Voters turned down a bond to build a new one several years ago-They should have included it when the passed a bond for new high school.

They don't use the track anymore since it is bad shape and they have one at the high school.

Press box is on the visitors side of the stands

They did put in a new scoreboard for this past season thought.

Eagle1
01-19-2012, 09:27 PM
Don't know much about the place, but they have fallen on hard times. Surely if they move to 3A they should have the talent to win.

Ernest T Bass
01-19-2012, 11:11 PM
Did A. Cherry jack that place up, or was it the board, or what happened?

I doubt a place like that just runs out of athletes.

Big time demographic changes in the Dirty Bay. Nowhere near the same athletes they used to have.

SHSBulldog00
01-19-2012, 11:19 PM
Big time demographic changes in the Dirty Bay. Nowhere near the same athletes they used to have.

A drop to 3A would help BC in the near future but a likely district with Columbia, Sweeny and El Campo would still be competitive.

Ernest T Bass
01-19-2012, 11:31 PM
It would help, but don't expect any deep playoff runs. To say things have changed in Matagorda County is a gross understatement.

yellaseeker
01-20-2012, 01:43 AM
They lack a lot. For starters, they lack leadership, morals, discipline, sportmanship, etc, etc. Even with good athletes, they are in a hole. Oh and, they need to run off all the local ref's and the crook who runs the clock. They got a special hometown brew that's hard as hell to beat. When you beat that team, you can really say you have overcome the odds. That place needs a lot of help and i sympathise with a coach that has the job of trying to turn all that around.

SHSBulldog00
01-23-2012, 11:10 PM
Bay City HS New Head Coach Dan Burk - Was an assistant coach at East Texas Baptist.

Ernest T Bass
01-23-2012, 11:12 PM
Bay City HS New Head Coach Dan Burk - Was an assistant coach at East Texas Baptist.

They'll have some of the strongest kids in the district, that's for sure. Congrats Dan!

44INAROW
01-24-2012, 09:25 AM
Do you have the list of the 78 applicants?
**sorry bout the format but it's the only way I could cut and paste***
Bay City Applicants
Michael Ramirez, Brownsville LopezRoland Gonzalez, Cypress Springs Kevin Flanigan, Crosby Eddie Chinea, Houston Sterling Daryl Hobbs, Legacy Christian Dewaski Davis, Clarksville Elzie Barnett, Wilmer-Hutchins Ronald James, Pflugerville Bryan Kott, Lame Deer, Mt. Corey Russell, Idabel, Okla. Terry Morris, Corpus Christi Christian Gerbich, Columbia Terry Farmer, South Lafourch, La. Lee Brown, Lutheran North, Mo. Rolando Aguirre, Bellarine-Jefferson, Calif. John Iannuci, Harry Truman, Penn. Shawn Jackson, Obion County, Tenn. Bo Wasurick, Flower Mound David Dempsey, Georgetown, Ma. Kevin Bradley, Whittier Regional Tech, Ma. Larry Haynes, Hardin Ashour Peera, South Lake, Fla. Jeff Schaum, Victory Christian Academy , Fla. Randolph Abendroth, Austin Charles Malito, Word of Christian, Nev. Christopher Frick; Charles Swann, Retired Malcolm Willis, Marlin Khristopher Heavner, GA at Arkansas Clarence Morrow Marcus Booker, Roosevelt Eule Ford, Linden Kildare Kevin Wilson, Stephenville Darrell Barbay, Anahuac Samual Padgett, Dallas Shawn Woods, DC at Bay City Richard Kattner, Wichita Falls Dan Burk, East Texas Baptist Bo Gabriel, San Benito Marty Murr, Crosby Dedreck Carr, Houston Jones Derrick Earthly, Houston Yates Brian Layton, Houston Hastings Fred Rudolph, Abilene Cooper Jim Kerbow, Lamar Consolidated Keith Hall, Denton Henry Willis, Arlington Sam Houston John Lanius, La Marque David Sachter, Jersey Village John Woodard, Ganado Todd Whitten, Lamar University John LaPlante, Alvin Jerry Sands, Terrell Joe Drennon, Mineola Scott Joseph, Katy Seven Lakes Glen Jones, Brady Jared Sloan, Fort Bend Kempner William Ham, Fort Bend Hightower Nolan Patterson, Deer Park Bart Tatum, Missouri Southern University James Edmond, Houston Sam Houston Chris Harbin, Amarillo Caprock Pat Matthews, Aldine Nimitz Will Kates, Arlington Heights Jerry Malone, Chilton Cody Haug, Conroe Oak Ridge Todd Peterman, DeSoto Ernest Saldivar, Houston Lamar Stan Hodges, West Orange-Stark Rick Rhodes, Cameron Mark Anglin, Wharton John Jennings, S.A. Central Catholic Craig Harris, Gatesville Jeff Riordan, Sulpher Springs Lonnie Cook, Retired Kevin Webb, Tomball Memorial Kenneth Johnson, McArthur Mike Olivarez Fred

ExScoop
01-24-2012, 10:10 AM
BAY CITY - Dan Burk won't waste any time getting acquainted with the athletes in the Bay City school district.

Burk will go to work Tuesday less than 24 hours after being named the athletic director and head football coach at Monday night's meeting of the Bay City school district board of trustees.

Burk was approved by a unanimous 6-0 vote of the trustees and will receive a two-year contract with a
salary in the $80,000 to $90,000 range.
http://www.advosports.com/news/2012/jan/23/mf_baycity_012412_165320/
"

Phil C
01-24-2012, 03:55 PM

SHS I admire the Baptist Church.

SHSBulldog00
01-24-2012, 07:47 PM
SHS I admire the Baptist Church.

Me too!!!!

YTBulldogs
01-25-2012, 07:05 AM
One thing I know, Coach Burk will have them lifting weights and getting stronger. Good luck Coach Burk.

ExScoop
01-25-2012, 05:52 PM
Wonder if Robert Blackmon land a head coaches position or go somewhere and be an assitant?