PDA

View Full Version : In 2A, same district will produce Div. I and II state champs

hotstuff
11-02-2002, 06:48 PM
It's got to be rare, but McGregor will win the Class 2A Division I title and district runner-up Rosebud-Lott will win the Division II crown. McGregor beat R-L, 26-22, on Friday and must have been a thriller.

<small>[ November 02, 2002, 05:49 PM: Message edited by: hotstuff ]</small>

Jimbotex40
11-02-2002, 06:54 PM
nothing is guaranteed.
it could happen in 3A also.

Wtx_coach
11-02-2002, 10:49 PM
Not so fasy my friend! Incase you have not heard about the crane golden cranes from west texas, they are real tough and well coached adn have always made deep runs these past years in 3A, if you dont beleive me ask these bridgeport fans on here, they will tell you about them, My pick to take it all!

sinton66
11-03-2002, 01:41 AM
Couple of teams down in region four that might have something to say about this too. Comfort and Odem in Div.1. Guess I could mention Refugio and Ganado in div.2. wink

Da Mules
11-03-2002, 11:21 AM
Don't overlook district 4-2A. Shallowater moved down to this district from 3A and their only loss has been to the mighty Greenwood Rangers..they were outmatched, butI think Ranger Mom could verify that the Shallies put up a pretty good scrap. They will go deep in the 2A playoffs.

hotstuff
11-03-2002, 08:26 PM
Let's put it this way. McGregor and Rosebud-Lott each beat Hearne respectively, 41-0 and 51-0, and Hearne is the districts probably third place team. Both are big 2A schools. McGregor is biggest in 2A and R-L is like 10th biggest, I think. Lots of corn-fed boys from Waco area who have stuck it to some strong 3A teams thus far.

sinton66
11-03-2002, 08:40 PM
Ok, Odem finished second in 30-3a behind Sinton last year and dropped down to 2A. They are currently 9-0. I believe that Comfort only has one loss.

Chris Hart
11-03-2002, 09:25 PM
There is also a team in east Texas, by the name of Garrison that has a really good team, and will make a run at the title.BTW, I wouldn't rule out Blanco, they struggled early, but lately they have beaten previous #1 Comfort and demolished a few others, and they are the defending div.1 State Champions.

hotstuff
11-03-2002, 11:47 PM
I agree with Comfort's chances if they don't let their guards down. Odem? Don't think so. Garrison always plays tough non-district schedules and in East Texas, that's not easy (I lived near Longview and Henderson once). But after seeing clips on McGregor, I don't know, guys. They come out storming and are accustomed to 3A football. Huge, lightning-fast players like the Schulenburgs and Grovetons of old.

Wtx_coach
11-04-2002, 12:53 AM
CRANE GOLDEN CRANES all the way, im telling you guys on here from east texas to watch out, like I said if you dont beleive me ask these bridgeport fans on here they will let you know about them!!!