PDA

View Full Version : Boys/Girls TABC Rankings- Jan. 16

Bullaholic
01-18-2012, 02:05 PM
Following are Boys/Girls TABC rankings for 01/16/12 for all you roundballers. Anybody jump out at you?

http://www.pennlive.com/newsflash/index.ssf/story/tabc-tex-preps-high-school-basketball-rankings/36a93152c79248d1815add8e53be08e0

MGAR
01-18-2012, 02:18 PM
Following are Boys/Girls TABC rankings for 01/16/12 for all you roundballers. Anybody jump out at you?

I'd say Waskom jumps out at me. Last year they won either 1 or 2 games.. Saw them lose one game 139-21..

Helps when players that live in your school district actually go to your school instead of one of the schools in Shreveport.

Will find out if they are for real or not this Friday when Tatum gives them a visit.

Bullaholic
01-18-2012, 03:09 PM
Anybody remember a time in recent years when the Canyon girls haven't been ranked in the top 5?---And seems like they have done it every year in at least 2 different classifications.

ccmom
01-18-2012, 03:28 PM
Go Wylie Lady Bulldogs!!!! Defend your title!!

83Indian
01-19-2012, 12:04 AM
Alvarado is 11 and 10. 7 of those losses occurred while a large part of the team was still playing football. The first game back at full strength we lost to Wilmer Hutchins by 4. We led most of the game until early fourth quarter. The other two losses were in the Caprock classic just a week or two later. We have won the last 5 in a row and have a good chance to go undefeated in district. Its possible we might make some noise in the playoffs. We don't have a lot of height, but several good leapers on the team.

BLEEDZGREEN
01-19-2012, 08:44 AM
Burnet Boys coming along they have won 6 in a row and have won their last 10 of 12 games their last 2 losses were to Waco University & Copperas Cove @ the Gatesville tourney. They are now 2-0 in district with Salado coming to town Friday the real test will be next Tuesday when Liberty Hill comees to the Dawg House!

regaleagle
01-19-2012, 09:03 PM
Unlike many past years, I feel there is no clear-cut favorites out of any of the regions this year. Too many good teams. Sounds just like the football season, don't it? I'm talking 3A Boys basketball, of course. In past years, I know there were heavy favorites in most of the regions, but not even close to that this year. It will be knock-down, drag out come playoff time with plenty of perceived "upsets". But will they really be upsets? I don't think so. Too competitive this year.

lv2937
01-20-2012, 02:11 PM
i think burnets test is tonight. they have to beat salado .if they dont beat salado, i think they r out of the play off hunt. cant see them beating liberty hill and i think they will have their hans full against taylor. i know we beat ttaylor at taylor, but i think they will be hard to beat twice.

BLEEDZGREEN
01-20-2012, 02:29 PM
I agree on Salado didn't mean to make it sound like I was overlooking them but I disagree on beating Taylor twice. They are not that good, that game shouldn't have even been that close, that was the worst home cooking I've seen this season.

YTBulldogs
01-20-2012, 02:41 PM
#3 Yoakum girls did get one of their main starters back Tuesday vs Gonzales. Been out a month with a torn ACL. Surgery needed after softball season. Braced it up, and she looked great. Major shot in the arm as you head into the playoffs. Bench players gained vital playing time while filling in for her. That will be a plus later as well I think.

BLEEDZGREEN
01-22-2012, 01:04 AM
Make that 7 in a row with Burnet moving to 3-0 in district.

eagles_victory
01-22-2012, 11:16 AM
I'd say Burk and Estacado are the favorites to get out of Region 1.

I like Lovejoy or Dallas Madison in Region 2 so far. (Hutch or Madison could go anyway on any given night if they play again)

LaVega and Hardin Jefferson in Region 3 are both really good. But Mexia and Silsbee both have the talent to make runs and several other good teams as well Region 3 has some depth this year. Love that LaVega squads talent though.

Never know much about 4 but you can always count on West Oso and looks like SA Houston is having a real good year.

HEMOTOXIC
01-22-2012, 12:59 PM
I'd say Burk and Estacado are the favorites to get out of Region 1.

I like Lovejoy or Dallas Madison in Region 2 so far. (Hutch or Madison could go anyway on any given night if they play again)

LaVega and Hardin Jefferson in Region 3 are both really good. But Mexia and Silsbee both have the talent to make runs and several other good teams as well Region 3 has some depth this year. Love that LaVega squads talent though.

Never know much about 4 but you can always count on West Oso and looks like SA Houston is having a real good year.

I agree, La Vega is defintely the team to beat... HJ is always in the hunt... Navasota has played both Mexia and Silsbee. The Rattlers beat Mexia and lost to Silsbee in overtime, a game in which they were leading in the final minute of regulation. If the Rattlers can find a way to close out games, they may have a chance.

eagles_victory
01-22-2012, 01:12 PM
I agree, La Vega is defintely the team to beat... HJ is always in the hunt... Navasota has played both Mexia and Silsbee. The Rattlers beat Mexia and lost to Silsbee in overtime, a game in which they were leading in the final minute of regulation. If the Rattlers can find a way to close out games, they may have a chance. We beat La Vega in the first round last year but they were without a few players due to injury they seem to be on a mission this year.

WOSgrad
01-22-2012, 02:08 PM
Silsbee has had their way with HJ recently. The have already beaten them in district this year which makes 4 in a row and 8 of the last 10 over the Hawks.

eagles_victory
01-22-2012, 05:26 PM
Silsbee has had their way with HJ recently. The have already beaten them in district this year which makes 4 in a row and 8 of the last 10 over the Hawks. I wouldn't say they had their way with them in that game this year.

83Indian
01-23-2012, 01:53 PM
Updated rankings for week Jan 23

http://www.tabchoops.org/finalB.html

I understand Alvarado being left out at 12 and 10. Had we just not played any games due to being in the football playoffs/championship, our record would be around 10 and 3. Don't be surprised if Alvarado makes a good playoff run this year.