01-17-2012, 09:29 AM
Pathetic!!!!!

Beast

SHSBulldog00
01-17-2012, 09:41 AM
:1popcorn:

Matthew328
01-17-2012, 12:11 PM
Just another reason why you have a school with 740 kids and over 500 are boys...that place is a zoo

ExScoop
01-17-2012, 01:25 PM
Hitchcock was once a bad place to play with some fan problems-Don't know if that's the case now

SHSBulldog00
01-17-2012, 02:39 PM
Hitchcock was once a bad place to play with some fan problems-Don't know if that's the case now

I remember those days. They didn't seem to be that way anymore a few years ago.

rancher
01-17-2012, 03:04 PM
Just part of the culture at the school. Remember what happened at the playoff game in Baytown. I feel for those who play them or is lucky to be in the same district. Make sure you are packing if you go to the game. I hear at their home stadium they have a hard liquior and handgun night. Will the UIL take action, I bet not.

Saggy Aggie
01-17-2012, 03:06 PM
Lol there's no reason to carry a gun. Someone got punched so you're gonna start shooting?

Roughneck93
01-17-2012, 06:16 PM
Scary stuff when fans are tweeting at halftime that "they were going to get the Manvel basketball team after the game". Now they are coming down to 3A?!

http://blog.chron.com/prepsports/2012/01/manvel-boys-basketball-coach-punched-by-angry-fan/

rancher
01-17-2012, 06:29 PM
You have the right of self defense and this was even further expanded in 2007 by Pecos Perry. Or you can just stand their and be beat senseless and maimed for life by a group of thugs that act like animals as the case in LaMarque. The majority of my friends at the games are like me, packing and not going to take it. The UIL obviously dont care, there is a pattern here.

Saggy Aggie
01-17-2012, 08:06 PM
Lol maimed for life? He got a black eye. I'd rather receive a black guy than someone die because you pulled out your gun. That's just stupid.

Emerson1
01-17-2012, 08:47 PM
No it's not. If someone is low enough to attack a high school coach I doubt they are contributing to society in real life. Might as well do everyone a favor.

ccmom
01-17-2012, 08:57 PM
Wow...this thread has taken a disturbing turn.

SHSBulldog00
01-17-2012, 09:06 PM
If La Marque and Stafford play basketball it WILL get ugly!!!!!

Old LB
01-17-2012, 09:10 PM
You have the right of self defense and this was even further expanded in 2007 by Pecos Perry. Or you can just stand their and be beat senseless and maimed for life by a group of thugs that act like animals as the case in LaMarque. The majority of my friends at the games are like me, packing and not going to take it. The UIL obviously dont care, there is a pattern here.

You are full of BS, and apparently not the sharpest tool in the shed. You can't shoot someone for punching in in the eye! Bring on LaMarque, we'll play'em and if they want to roll around in the parking lot a little afterwards we can arrange that too. :)

yellaseeker
01-17-2012, 10:53 PM
You are full of BS, and apparently not the sharpest tool in the shed. You can't shoot someone for punching in in the eye! Bring on LaMarque, we'll play'em and if they want to roll around in the parking lot a little afterwards we can arrange that too. :)

Wish it were back in the day when all you had to worry about was a black eye or replacing a few teeth. The reality is, there are places that house different breeds of people that will resort to a knifing or shooting to settle the simplest disputes. Even without some sort of weapon, some of these groups would not think twice about singling someone out and beating them to a pulp or possibly killing them before they realize it. While i don't completely agree with rancher, I do know where he is coming from. I've been to a few games with my family where i would have felt a little more at ease if i had been carrying. Don't be quick to judge all people who feel the need to carry in certain situations because most of the people i know including myself, are very non-confrontational, especially when carrying. A person with all their marbles and a cool temper will avoid, at all cost, having to use deadly force on anyone unless they really think there is no choice. I can say, I have never concealed a firearm on my person at a sporting event but i have kept one in my vehicle while at some games. Most of the times this was done when traveling a significant distance from home but, there has been atleast a couple occasions when i had one in the car on semi-short trips just because of the area. I don't know about you, but personally, if a few guys approach me in a parking lot with my family present, I'm not sure that i want to ask them if they plan on just giving me a black eye or do they plan on doing me and my family harm. Not saying I'd shoot first then ask questions but, I'd definately give them the option to step away so i could go on my merry way. Different situations call for different measures. JMO, for what it's worth.

ExScoop
01-17-2012, 11:09 PM
I was covering a Bay City home basketball game two years ago-They had a big fight after I walked out of the gym in the parking lot and I had to run to my car to get away real quick. There was no security as they were all still in the gym. Don't know if fans were involved- It made me not want to go back there. I know when I covered Boling home games they always had security outside after the games.

cowboyandchrist
01-17-2012, 11:14 PM
Lol maimed for life? He got a black eye. I'd rather receive a black guy than someone die because you pulled out your gun. That's just stupid.
You can take a rear end whipping if you want to, that is your choice, me I will defend my self any way I can.

Ernest T Bass
01-18-2012, 01:19 AM
A random stranger attacks me, I have no idea if he intends to kill me or not, so Im going to assume he does. Vast majority of police officers, judges, district attorneys, and grand juries would agree.

regaleagle
01-18-2012, 02:00 AM
Gee, I was thinking about purchasing a hand gun anyways. Now you guys have me thinking about one, for sure. I grew up using guns, but don't own a handgun at the present time. I hate to pack, but nowadays it's a good idea just to have one close by.

crcope
01-18-2012, 09:03 AM
This just shows why we have Laws that are written to protect us all -but the laws do nothing unless they are inforced- La Marque ISD has had enough happen this year to warrant severe sanctions from the UIL. My gosh what does that school district think this is teaching their kids and what does the future hold for a community growing kids up in a beat them or beat them up environment.The school is bad enough but what about the towns law enforcement- their main purpose is to protect the innocent and surely by now they realize the risks that are inherent at all La Marque athletic functions and understand their presence is required at every event, not only in the actual event but all around it as well, until every fan and team has left the facilities safely- they are not only protecting the visitors by ensuring their safety, but the home school district as well ,and apparently they are in severe need of protection from themselves.

rancher
01-18-2012, 09:21 AM
The UIL is useless, when is the last time they took any action or sanctions? If your lucky, they may say "dont do it again" and leave it at that. LaMarque is out of control, look at this year's incidents alone. The district deserves to be ban from all UIL events for a one-two year period. But they have written this off as part of the culture in LaMarque and bought into their "I didnt do nuffin" defense.

Maroon87
01-18-2012, 09:48 AM
http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news%2Flocal&id=8507742

Them dudes don't play around.

Can't say I'm surprised...over the years I've seen some pretty ridiculous behavior from LaMarque players AND fans.

Saggy Aggie
01-18-2012, 11:23 AM
You can take a rear end whipping if you want to, that is your choice, me I will defend my self any way I can.

LOL, damn phone changed 'eye' to 'guy'..... :ack!::doh::doh::doh::doh:

MGAR
01-18-2012, 11:26 AM

We should change the title of this thread to "Don't mess with cowboyandChrist"..

Leopard4Life
01-18-2012, 11:57 AM
Wow...this thread has taken a disturbing turn.

For once I agree...

yellaseeker
01-19-2012, 08:44 PM
For once I agree...

How so, it seems informative to me. Better than people burying their head in the sand and saying it never hapens here or to me. JMO though.

Roughneck93
01-20-2012, 10:37 PM
Update...

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=8513423

zebrablue2
01-21-2012, 07:03 AM
Update...

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=8513423

Hope they all get what they deserve!!!

yellaseeker
01-21-2012, 11:13 AM
That kind of discipline problem starts at home. I believe that boys will be boys but still should be repremanded. But, the one or one's that hit the coach should face charges and the parents deserve to have their A$$ whipped as well. Somebody has definately "not" done their job at home. My son would hope the police got to him first if he'd done something disrespectful like that. Just imagine what the next generation is gonna be like or two generations from now. We are in for some tough times ahead.

rholl
01-24-2012, 01:59 PM
Just another reason why you have a school with 740 kids and over 500 are boys...that place is a zoo

Hows does this discrepancy happen????

Matthew328
01-24-2012, 02:33 PM
Great question...not sure I know the answer other than mom's didn't want their daughters going to school there

RoyceTTU
01-24-2012, 03:15 PM
Great question...not sure I know the answer other than mom's didn't want their daughters going to school there

I think Dad's would sway this decision more. Hell I would.

waterboy
01-24-2012, 04:11 PM
I think Dad's would sway this decision more. Hell I would.
No joke. There is absolutely NO WAY I would make my daughters go to a school with that much untethered, undisciplined testosterone. That would be just asking for trouble, especially with the way they've shown themselves to be lately. My guess is that is the main reason for the gender discrepency in the first place.

Leopard4Life
01-24-2012, 11:59 PM
How so, it seems informative to me. Better than people burying their head in the sand and saying it never hapens here or to me. JMO though.

No, I was just shocked that ccmom and I agreed... It's a long story.

LIONS#1
01-25-2012, 02:05 PM
Well I would't let my girls ever go to a school that condones violence.

Roughneck93
02-10-2012, 01:48 PM
Galveston Daily News obtains video of the brawl.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBusnfLXufM

http://galvestondailynews.com/story/291994

http://blog.chron.com/newswatch/2012/02/postgame-brawl-in-la-marque-caught-on-film-postgame-brawl-in-la-marque-caught-on-film/

Txbroadcaster
02-10-2012, 01:51 PM
So there was security and admin, they just could not stop that many from going at it.

Roughneck93
02-10-2012, 01:57 PM
So there was security and admin, they just could not stop that many from going at it.

Yeah that's what it looks like.

BEAST
02-10-2012, 02:20 PM
100% THUGS!!! Punks.

BEAST

waterboy
02-10-2012, 02:39 PM
It's obvious the thug mentality runs rampant there. Wasn't there a fight after one of their football games, too? It reminds me of what happened after the Gilmer / Dallas Roosevelt game a few years ago. There's absolutely NO excusing that type of behavior, I don't care what their background is. Those that act like that will likely end up either in prison or worse, in my opinion.

jason
02-10-2012, 03:06 PM
It's obvious the thug mentality runs rampant there. Wasn't there a fight after one of their football games, too? It reminds me of what happened after the Gilmer / Dallas Roosevelt game a few years ago. There's absolutely NO excusing that type of behavior, I don't care what their background is. Those that act like that will likely end up either in prison or worse, in my opinion.

http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/3540/63344992.jpg

waterboy
02-10-2012, 03:17 PM
http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/3540/63344992.jpg
And that's racism to imply racism!:wave:

Ville-D
02-10-2012, 06:27 PM
Football brawl this year too:

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/news/article/Fight-mars-end-of-Ozen-s-playoff-run-2294207.php

SHSBulldog00
02-10-2012, 08:34 PM
Now we just have to wait for Baseball, Softball and Track to see if the streak continues.

SintonFan
02-10-2012, 09:14 PM
The UIL is useless, when is the last time they took any action or sanctions? If your lucky, they may say "dont do it again" and leave it at that. LaMarque is out of control, look at this year's incidents alone. The district deserves to be ban from all UIL events for a one-two year period. But they have written this off as part of the culture in LaMarque and bought into their "I didnt do nuffin" defense.

As per the website:
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A local coach is nursing bruises he received in a fight this weekend after a basketball game. His team was playing an away game at La Marque High School, and when the game was over, witnesses say the coach was confronted by some angry fans.
Related Content
The score at the buzzer was 60-45, with Manvel High School on top. La Marque players had already left the gym when apparently some angry words from fans turned into punches. Alvin ISD's athetletic director says Manvel's head basketball coach left with a win -- and also a shiner -- under his left eye.
The gym at La Marque High School was empty and quiet Monday night -- a stark contrast to post game Friday night.
"It was pretty, pretty rough," Alvin ISD Athletic Director Mike Bass said.
Manvel High School basketball coach Greg Devers is recovering from being punched in the face. The Mavericks had just beaten the La Marque Cougars handily on their home turf, but Bass says there were no issues.
"The players shook hands, the coaches shook hands. Everything was great," Bass said.
La Marque retired to the locker room. Manvel was waiting in the gym for their bus. The school police officer stepped out and that's when fans jumped the rails.
"He said 'Coach Bass, it happened so fast. One moment talking enjoying the victory,' and then next thing, he said, 'I saw a mother get knocked down. I reached down and I got hit and it's just going everywhere,'" Bass said.
Luckily, Coach Devers was the one only hurt.
"It looked like it was a left hook from Mike Tyson, I mean he really took a pretty good shiner on him and it swelled him up pretty good, but he's going to be OK," Bass said.
The situation, Bass says, was quickly contained and now both schools are working hard to determine who was involved. La Marque ISD Superintendent Monday night issued the following statement:
"As a district, we don't tolerate that from our fans or students. We are conducting a thorough investigation to get to the bottom of it. Once we know all the particulars, we will administer discipline accordingly."
La Marque and Manvel are rivals. In the last two seasons, each took turns knocking the other out of the football playoffs.
Bass says the competition has been healthy. When they meet again on the court at Manvel High School next month, though, there will likely be extra security, he says, to prevent anymore more punches.
"Those folks need to be held accountable for their actions," Bass said.
And that's exactly what La Marque's superintendent and athletic director say they're working toward. They don't think any players were involved, but if students were, they will be disciplined.
Non-students will be referred to the police department. And La Marque ISD is adding more officers on game nights.

What happened is reprehensible. Full charges should be filed for those who instigated this. There are NO excuses for this type of behavior.

yellaseeker
02-10-2012, 10:17 PM
And that's racism to imply racism!:wave:

No kidding, the word thug is without prejudice. It can be associated with any race. Saying that the word is racist is like saying that black people only see it as a word associated with their race and i'm sure they don't see it that way.