PDA

View Full Version : Giddings v. Bellville What do you think?

Pudlugger
11-10-2002, 07:55 AM
Well the year has been long for Giddings, they have been in all 7 games they lost. It seems they have improved each week, but are just one game behind the schedule. If they decide to put together the perfect game, i.e. their best defensive effort combined with big plays on offense they can stay in this with Bellville. It will be a challenge for Bellville to not take the Buffs lightly. Good luck to all. :)

Matthew328
11-10-2002, 09:16 AM
They scrimmaged early in the year and from what I heard Giddings held their own...I know it was just a scrimmage but I think this game could be closer than the records indicate..Giddings strikes me as the kind of team that just kind of hangs around in games and they just falter late..I dunno if it is beacuase they are young or not very deep or a lil of both..either way I think Bellville gets a close game but they pull away late behind the running of Gobert...

2001GiddingsLB
11-10-2002, 11:32 AM
Giddings does need to put their best game of the season forth for this one. I hope they come out on top, but Bellville is a tough team. I guess we'll see in a week what happens. Also, where is this one gonna be played at and when?

travis
11-10-2002, 12:25 PM
Both teams are going to come out fired up and the game will be close until the beginning of the second half, but Bellville will eventually pull away with some big passes and solid running, and Giddings wont be able to keep up after a couple of 3 and outs. I think Bellville will win by at least 15.

The game is in Tomball at 7:30 this Friday.

bbfan
11-10-2002, 04:38 PM
Anybody have directions to this game? Is there more than one stadium in Tomball? And why in Tomball - it seems like a long way to play a Giddings/Bellville game?

buffalo booster
11-11-2002, 10:18 AM
Good analysis, Matthew. Except for the Yoakum game, the Buffs have been "in it" in all of their other losses. In fact, against Cameron and Elgin, they took the lead with 4th quarter comebacks, only to give up late TDs to both. Tuff year for the Buffs.

Looking forward, nonetheless, to the game against Bellville. Although we are the underdogs (3-7 vs. 9-1), the kids are overdue. This should be a better game than a lot of folks would think...

gochargers!!
11-11-2002, 11:04 AM
Everybody's 0-0 at this point. Strange things happen during the playoffs. Give me the Buffs. I think they are due. They are hungry for a win after a tough loss on Friday.

Go Get 'Em BUFFS!!!!

:D How do you change your screen name??? :D ...Just Kidding. GO CHARGERS!!!

<small>[ November 11, 2002, 11:53 AM: Message edited by: gochargers!! ]</small>

buffalo booster
11-11-2002, 11:13 AM
Attababy, gochargers!! Knew that you would stay positive regarding the Buffs. As you said, we are all 0-0 at this point.

(And, the raiders will take care of the broncos tonight. Your boys will still be tied for 1st.)

Bellville22
11-11-2002, 01:30 PM
Good Luck to you guys in Giddings. Sounds like y'all are much better than your record would indicate. Should be a great game. But what's the deal w/ playing in Tomball? Is that the only place we could find?

2001GiddingsLB
11-11-2002, 04:31 PM
I agree with Bellville22 why not play in Brenham or at A&M Consolidated in Bryan instead of driving all the way to Tomball. OH well, guess thats where it is now, anyway I hope both teams play an injury free and hard fought game. Go Buffs.

buffalo booster
11-11-2002, 05:22 PM
Both head coaches wanted to play on Friday night. Brenham was available, but only on Saturday. (Same for A&M Cons., I believe.) It came down to what was available.

I heard that Tomball played Magnolia last Friday and the deal was set that the loser of that game would be the site for the Giddings/Bellville game. Had Tomball won, we'd be playing in Magnolia...

Congratulations to Bellville on their 9-1 season. Hope it all ends, however, this Friday. GO BUFFS!

sinton66
11-11-2002, 05:30 PM
I'll take Bellville by 10, and I just might venture over to Tomball Friday night to see this one.

Brahma73
11-11-2002, 06:20 PM
I was at the scrimmage early in the year. Giddings held its own just fine, however BHS has a better than average defense which has had to make several adjustments along the way while remaining strong. Biggest adjust: loss of A&M-bound G. Dornan (A real stud at LB). Difference I think will be much more opened up offense with Jr. QB Buenger coming into his own in the passing game. Plenty of receivers with Goeke being favorite target. RB Gobert back @ near 100% and running over everybody.

Bellville 30 Giddings 14

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-12-2002, 12:20 AM
The Bellville Brahmas are getting better each week, they are a very good, well balenced team if they play the way they have been playing, and leave the 1st string in the whole game, it wont even be close, Giddings might even have a tough time scoreing, on the Red Storm!!

Brahma73
11-12-2002, 12:27 AM
You're right Buff Booster. Loser of Magnolia/Tomball got game. Brenham wasn't interested since they're in 4A playoffs and nobody wanted to be in Blue Bell town Fri Nite. Got all this confirmed by Bellville AD. Good luck Buffs. If you win you'll have beaten a pretty solid outfit!!!

SintonFan
11-12-2002, 12:45 AM
Quote by Brahma73:
"Biggest adjust: loss of A&M-bound G. Dornan (A real stud at LB)."

I miss G. Dornan's very intuitive eye for these playoffs. He had an eye like a coach does. Belville will win by 10, here! Giddings is a good team but Bellville has some good potential, too. If Bellville has their head screwed on like last year, the sky's the limit!

Brahma73
11-12-2002, 12:54 AM
You're right on Sinton! I think our guys are much more mature this year, especially on offense. Dornan's ACL tear in this his senior year was devastating for the team. There are a couple of good LBs who have become REALLY good lately (Jones & Laughter). Wish you could see us play this year. We're much more fun to watch! Good luck in D1. We're pulling 4 U in spite of the way you spanked us most recently in baseball!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-12-2002, 01:17 AM
Good luck to Sinton D1, One of the best football games that was played last year was the Reg. 4 final, Bellville must had been one of the toughest teams Sinton played last year. Most of the time a team gets beat, the other team usually downs the loser but Sinton had talked very highly about Bellville after the game, and now look you have both teams pulling for each other, you did'nt start a rivel you started a friendship!
Go Bellville and Sinton, Win State D1 and D2
One more thing Sinton, do you think you could get Adrian Alaniz to go play for the Aggies???

SintonFan
11-12-2002, 02:26 AM
I still think the correspondence from G. Dornan showed alot of class also... same as for your town. Yall represent it well.
I hope for all the world for Bellville.

<small>[ November 12, 2002, 09:54 PM: Message edited by: SintonFan ]</small>

gochargers!!
11-12-2002, 11:23 AM
Booster.....good call on the Raiders.

GO BUFFS!!!

I'M CALLING THE NATION OUT!!! MAKE SOME NOISE!!

http://www.stopstart.freeserve.co.uk/smilie/MexWave.gif

2001GiddingsLB
11-12-2002, 03:27 PM
I'm gonna be at the game and I hope many other people will be too. The Buffs should have plenty of support hopefully they can pull out a win. FEAR THE HERD!

luiscfrmNorthwoodUniv
11-12-2002, 04:27 PM
A very hard game comming up. Hope GIDDINGS can come out on top. Giddings has the ability to win, they have played real close games against good teams. If Giddings plays like last years team, they can assure a victory.
GO BUFFS GO.
DON'T STOP FIGHTING....YET.
um.....I predict a um.......21-17 Win for Giddings.

buffalo booster
11-12-2002, 04:41 PM
No doubt about it. This will be a tough game for the Buffs to win. To do so, I really believe that we will need to open up the offense.

We need to throw more on 1st down, rather than on 3rd and long. If we can pass 15-20 times, and complete more than half, we might be able to keep the Bellville D honest and, as a result, give Nicks and Green more of an opportunity to break off a few long gainers. Seems like the last few opponents have been stacking the line and keying on our tailbacks.

We'll need to score at least 28 to stay in this game. We won't do it by running quick tosses and sweeps every play.

Looking forward to this game. Bellville's got a great team this year, and has lost only to Elgin (I believe by 7, earlier in the year). By comparison, and somewhat encouraging, Giddings lost by 4 to Elgin last week.

The Herd needs to show up in force in Tomball on Friday. Go Buffs!

LP-DB
11-12-2002, 09:36 PM
Belville by 18

# 80

SintonFan
11-12-2002, 10:52 PM
FormerBellvilleBrahma:
Good luck to Sinton D1, One of the best football games that was played last year was the Reg. 4 final, Bellville must had been one of the toughest teams Sinton played last year. Most of the time a team gets beat, the other team usually downs the loser but Sinton had talked very highly about Bellville after the game, and now look you have both teams pulling for each other, you did'nt start a rivel you started a friendship!
One more thing Sinton, do you think you could get Adrian Alaniz to go play for the Aggies???Hehe, I think Adrian is gonna play for UT. Sorry, but that's what I heard.
Brahma73 and FormerBellvilleBrahma, your town showed alot of class at the game and afterword, too. I'll be rooting for Bellville! Take Reg. 3 and state!

<small>[ November 12, 2002, 09:56 PM: Message edited by: SintonFan ]</small>

2001GiddingsLB
11-13-2002, 11:26 AM
welp two more days till we see whats happening here. Hopefully the buffs will pull one out! Good Luck to both teams and I hope no injuries occur for either side!

punt
11-13-2002, 03:09 PM
Does Giddings have an answer for Bellville's qb? He can run or throw, then he has that super running back, and I mean Running. I predict Bellville by 18. Brahma defense will keep the Buffs from scoring much.

gochargers!!
11-13-2002, 04:11 PM
Oh, we've got an answer....matter of fact, we've got the key to the test. Don't sell the MIGHTY BUFFS short.
GIVE ME THE BUFFS!!! WOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Brahma73
11-13-2002, 11:32 PM
Both teams have obviously improved a lot. They're not the 2 squads who scrimmaged at BHS in August. It'll be a matter of who has improved the most and who doesn't cough up the pig. Bellville has been even surprising itself offensively the last 2 or 3 weeks. Passing game is really clicking. Don't chunk it that often (maybe 12 to 15 times) but really make it count. QB is REALLY confident now and if Buffs don't pressure him, it'll get ugly because he's quite accurate. Also throws to several guys incl. TE & RB's. Really good defense has been a little shaky against the run lately, though they really shut down a talented Sealy squad last week. RB's are health again, especially Gobert, and they'll keep the pass rush honest.

You Buffs may make me eat Giddings crow in this forum after the game, but I don't think you'll be able to move up & down the field offensively & the D will have trouble keeping the Bulls under 30.

Best of luck to both!

Pudlugger
11-14-2002, 09:02 AM
SintonFan:

FormerBellvilleBrahma:
One more thing Sinton, do you think you could get Adrian Alaniz to go play for the Aggies???Hehe, I think Adrian is gonna play for UT. Sorry, but that's what I heard.
Brahma73 and FormerBellvilleBrahma, your town showed alot of class at the game and afterword, too. I'll be rooting for Bellville! Take Reg. 3 and state!I hate to break up this love fest SintonFan but the road to Region 3 goes through Marlin, Newton or La Grange. If it is La Grange I think the Leps might not just roll over for the Almighty Brahmas. LOL! :D

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-14-2002, 04:08 PM
Hey Pudlicker, I guess you wished you had a former team that had beat yall, that you could have a friendly conversation with, but I guess nobody likes yall!! So dont worry about the love fest, no one asked you to. And by the way I wish we could see the Leps in D1, and see how far you would get, I can assure you that you would'nt have had the success you had in D2! Hope the Leps make it so the Brahmas can show you the same thing as last year!!

5inchtaint
11-14-2002, 04:31 PM
do the ppl on this post think they will beat the winner of liberty/orangefield? explain...i'm not trying to start anything i just was wondering

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-14-2002, 04:56 PM
Hey 5inch I guess it is no fun If you talk about lossing, So that why you talk about the positive!
Dont know much about your team, But pretty positive if Bellville plays the way they have been, it will take a pretty good team to beat them. Bellville has only played one game not up to par this year, and it still was a close game. If they have another game like that one, yes they can be beat, I Hope that they play the way they have been playing, If you are a Brahma fan, you know they have been getting better every game! Good Luck to all!! Go Bellville!!!

SintonFan
11-14-2002, 06:25 PM
Pudlugger:
I hate to break up this love fest SintonFan but the road to Region 3 goes through Marlin, Newton or La Grange. If it is La Grange I think the Leps might not just roll over for the Almighty Brahmas. LOL! :D Hehe, I guess politeness is out of style? Maybe I should talk to only the rude people or act like them? Seriously, I'm sure La Grange and the others are great, but Bellville is as good in my opinion. Who knows, maybe better?

Pudlugger
11-14-2002, 06:59 PM
FormerBellvilleBrahma:
Hey Pudlicker, I guess you wished you had a former team that had beat yall, that you could have a friendly conversation with, but I guess nobody likes yall!! So dont worry about the love fest, no one asked you to. And by the way I wish we could see the Leps in D1, and see how far you would get, I can assure you that you would'nt have had the success you had in D2! Hope the Leps make it so the Brahmas can show you the same thing as last year!!Well actually I get along fine with Eye of The Tiger from Commerce and BD45 from Yoakum so it aint all that. Bellville v. La Grange? Bring it on! Yall win one game and you make a career over it! That was last year. Its a new season, and the play-offs. Your win in 2001 is irrelevent, it wont help you . Do you understand? You have to win three games to get a shot at La Grange and the Leps have to as well (including either Newton or Marlin a lot tougher row to hoe than Bellville's IMO). I sincerely hope it happens so we will be able to talk some more about the possibilities. Right now the Leps are busy with Columbus so Peace man. :)

2001GiddingsLB
11-14-2002, 09:48 PM
WEll I'm from Giddings obviously La Grange's arch rival and I see nothing wrong with what Pudlugger said just stating his opinion. Besides you could of just ignored him oh and by the way I think last year ya'll beating La Grange like that was a fluke because Giddings stroked ya'll in the scrimmage last year and La Grange beat Giddings (gulp) twice. Sorry had to swallow some pride there. So if you wanna bring up last year you can but never deny La Grange a chance they always seem to have a little more luck than the other team on their side. Go Giddings Beat Bellville.

Brahma73
11-14-2002, 10:17 PM
2001GiddingsLB:
WEll I'm from Giddings obviously La Grange's arch rival and I see nothing wrong with what Pudlugger said just stating his opinion. Besides you could of just ignored him oh and by the way I think last year ya'll beating La Grange like that was a fluke because Giddings stroked ya'll in the scrimmage last year and La Grange beat Giddings (gulp) twice. Sorry had to swallow some pride there. So if you wanna bring up last year you can but never deny La Grange a chance they always seem to have a little more luck than the other team on their side. Go Giddings Beat Bellville.I don't put much weight in scrimmage performances, LB. Giddings pretty well handled the Bulls in the scrimmage this year, too. Think you'll find the red & white a little more prepared now, but who knows? I bet the Buffs have improved a bit as well. Could be interesting. Be ready to handle a pretty versatile offense you didn't see in Aug.

As for La Grange's luck. I think it's spelled Tony V. The guys' as master of game plans and half-time adjustments.

bellville28runnels
11-14-2002, 10:48 PM
for all yall la grange puds i hope we get to play yall and for sure that will settle this little thing about us whippin somebody being a fluke they said last years sealy game was a fluke and u see what happened, bring it on la grange if yall think yall ready

WE READY

Brahma73
11-14-2002, 10:51 PM
bellville28runnels:
for all yall la grange puds i hope we get to play yall and for sure that will settle this little thing about us whippin somebody being a fluke they said last years sealy game was a fluke and u see what happened, bring it on la grange if yall think yall ready

WE READYYou tell 'em Louie!

BVarsity03
11-14-2002, 11:32 PM
Right now Bellville should be thinking about what is going to happen tomarrow in Tomball. Not what might happen 3 weeks from now. LaGrange has to get past Columbus before they even get close to getting to play Bellville. Giddings is going to be ready to play tomarrow, but I dont think they will be able to keep the Bellville offense out of the inzone.

Im taking Bellville 28 - 14
And im taking Columbus over the Leps 21 - 14

Brahma73
11-14-2002, 11:44 PM
Okay all you Bellville players. Time to get to bed! I don't want to see your butts dragging around on the field in Tomball tomorrow night 'cause you were up late with us bleacher coaches. Go Bulls!!!!!!!

Pudlugger
11-15-2002, 12:09 AM
bellville28runnels:

WE READYDo they still teach English at Bellville? :D :D :D

gochargers!!
11-15-2002, 08:53 AM
I hear you, Pud...reading some of these posts wears me out.
Good luck to the Leps....

GO BUFFS!!!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-17-2002, 05:11 PM
Hey, this was getting pretty good, just thought I would get it back to the top!!
Go Bellville Brahmas Beat Liberty!!!!