PDA

View Full Version : Dez arrested??

lostaussie
01-16-2012, 01:28 PM
We shall see

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1026034-dez-bryant-reportedly-in-physical-altercation-at-club-play

lostaussie
01-16-2012, 02:28 PM
something happened!!!

http://www.wfaa.com/sports/Cowboys-Dez-Bryant-arrested-in-Miami--137426228.html

Macarthur
01-18-2012, 10:04 AM
I've been a defender of Dez because I felt that given his upbringing and immaturity, he needed guidance and wasn't a 'bad guy'. I still don't think Dez is a bad guy, but what we've seen is not enough progress in his maturity, IMO. Given how JG is trying to change the culture, I think it might be a good thing to move on without Dez. I would certainly hope that we could keep L. Robinson to lessen the impact.

What are you guys thoughts? And what could we get for him?

Txbroadcaster
01-18-2012, 10:26 AM
I've been a defender of Dez because I felt that given his upbringing and immaturity, he needed guidance and wasn't a 'bad guy'. I still don't think Dez is a bad guy, but what we've seen is not enough progress in his maturity, IMO. Given how JG is trying to change the culture, I think it might be a good thing to move on without Dez. I would certainly hope that we could keep L. Robinson to lessen the impact.

dont think you can do that just yet...Robinson was awesome but as of now a one year wonder...plus we dont really know all the details of this yet..sounds like more of bunch of yapping and the club played it safe by calling the cops..but yes the leash is short on how much a team can take.

Bullaholic
01-18-2012, 10:28 AM

Mac, I don't know how much of the "thug" mentality Dez Bryant will exhibit due to his immaturity and lack of stability in his early years, only time and circumstances are going to show us, and as you pointed out----he doesn't seem to be headed in the right direction.

I've said before, and I'll say again---I don't think there is any way a Princeton-educated Jason Garrett, anyone on his staff, or any of his older team mates can/will communicate effectively with Dez Bryant on the down-on-the-block level. The Cowboys need one, or more, Ray Lewis types in the locker room to help handle player situations like this off the field, as well as many "gut-check" gameday situations on the field. Until this is addressed and this vital "team chemisty" (worn-out term) is in place--the Cowboys are going to continue to experience instability both on and off the field.

Macarthur
01-18-2012, 10:50 AM
Mac, I don't know how much of the "thug" mentality Dez Bryant will exhibit due to his immaturity and lack of stability in his early years, only time and circumstances are going to show us, and as you pointed out----he doesn't seem to be headed in the right direction.

I've said before, and I'll say again---I don't think there is any way a Princeton-educated Jason Garrett, anyone on his staff, or any of his older team mates can/will communicate effectively with Dez Bryant on the down-on-the-block level. The Cowboys need one, or more, Ray Lewis types in the locker room to help handle player situations like this off the field, as well as many "gut-check" gameday situations on the field. Until this is addressed and this vital "team chemisty" (worn-out term) is in place--the Cowboys are going to continue to experience instability both on and off the field.

I still have a hard time labeling Dez a 'thug'. It's not like he's packing heat and getting nailed for drugs. It's just knuckleheadedness.

Bullaholic
01-18-2012, 11:04 AM
I still have a hard time labeling Dez a 'thug'. It's not like he's packing heat and getting nailed for drugs. It's just knuckleheadedness.

I don't know Mac, Dez's behavior is beginning to look like Pacman Jones to me, so I don't know what other term is most appropriate to describe such behavior--somehow "troubled young man" just does not seem to quite get the job done.

pirate4state
01-18-2012, 11:11 AM
smh...stupid is as stupid does.

Farmersfan
01-18-2012, 11:22 AM
Some of the guys on The Ticket yesterday afternoon were discussing this issue and they said that it is known around Valley Ranch that Jerry Jones is paying all of Dez's fines. Apparently he has consistently missed meetings, been late for things and displayed attitude problems that has gotten him fined a lot by the coaches and JJ is paying these for him. It was also stated that Dez is already into next year's salary due to the fact that he can't control his finances. does any of this lead anyone to believe that Dez is being expected to conform by this organization? Jerry is enabling this behavior just like he has enabled so much bad behavior in the past......................

Leopard4Life
01-18-2012, 12:26 PM

Considering Ray Lewis's history with the Thug life... He may not be the best role model. Ray is lucky to have a NFL career. I do agree that Dez needs a locker room role model.

Bullaholic
01-18-2012, 12:33 PM
Considering Ray Lewis's history with the Thug life... He may not be the best role model. Ray is lucky to have a NFL career. I do agree that Dez needs a locker room role model.

I think the young Ray was a true thug in every sense of the word, but I see a thug-mentor behavior in the old Ray that I don't think is completely bad and he seems to have/had a very positive influence on several young men who were headed the wrong direction.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/15/sports/football/15rhoden.html?_r=1&ref=raylewis

Macarthur
01-19-2012, 09:58 AM
Some of the guys on The Ticket yesterday afternoon were discussing this issue and they said that it is known around Valley Ranch that Jerry Jones is paying all of Dez's fines. Apparently he has consistently missed meetings, been late for things and displayed attitude problems that has gotten him fined a lot by the coaches and JJ is paying these for him. It was also stated that Dez is already into next year's salary due to the fact that he can't control his finances. does any of this lead anyone to believe that Dez is being expected to conform by this organization? Jerry is enabling this behavior just like he has enabled so much bad behavior in the past......................

I heard this too, FF, but when they spoke to DAvid Moore on the Ranch Report later, he pretty much shot that down. He said the word at the RAnch is that Dez improved dramatically in his professionalism this past season. He's far from perfect, but he has improved in his approach and appears to be trying to be a professional.

Farmersfan
01-19-2012, 10:15 AM
I heard this too, FF, but when they spoke to DAvid Moore on the Ranch Report later, he pretty much shot that down. He said the word at the RAnch is that Dez improved dramatically in his professionalism this past season. He's far from perfect, but he has improved in his approach and appears to be trying to be a professional.

Let's hope so Mac! I would hate to lose a player of his talent because of bonehead attitudes.

Saggy Aggie
01-19-2012, 10:21 AM
Surprised this isn't romo's fault

Txbroadcaster
01-19-2012, 10:22 AM
Let's hope so Mac! I would hate to lose a player of his talent because of bonehead attitudes.

Jones is not paying Dez's fines, they mixed up what Jones is doing...JJ after the whole debt issue came out basically became Dez's financial manager( he did it for Irvin and Emmit among others)..he is basically giving Dez a monthly allowance and making sure his bills get paid off. If a young rich person is smart that is the way to go as long as they get someone who knows what they are doing and not going to swindle them.

Bullaholic
01-19-2012, 10:57 AM
someone who knows what they are doing and not going to swindle them.

JERRY: "Here's the way this works, Dez. I'll give you $1 for every team meeting you make on time and, $2 for every TD you score. The rest we'll keep in my bank for a rainy day."

Macarthur
01-19-2012, 11:45 AM

Agree. And everything you read says that Dez really does display an attitude of wanting to do the right thing and knows that he needs to work on things to be a good professional.

I just think it boils down to a young man that is just now learning what responsiblity is and what it means to be an adult.

Bullaholic
01-19-2012, 11:51 AM
Agree. And everything you read says that Dez really does display an attitude of wanting to do the right thing and knows that he needs to work on things to be a good professional.

I just think it boils down to a young man that is just now learning what responsiblity is and what it means to be an adult.

Sure hope you are right, Mac. I don't want to see the guy lost to the Cowboys, either. He is a young man who can do anything he wants on the field, if he wants. As aussie said, we shall see.

Txbroadcaster
01-19-2012, 11:52 AM
I will say this...if this past season he was still very immature and such as FF says, then OMG how great will he be when he gets his head right(if he does)

Farmersfan
01-19-2012, 11:55 AM

If Dez did even half of the things that I did in my early 20's he would be crucified and probably out of the NFL right now. But I toiled in anonymity and had no real consequences for my actions. Dez has been told his whole life he needed to watch what he does. I can't decide if this works in his favor or against him!!!

Farmersfan
01-19-2012, 12:01 PM
I will say this...if this past season he was still very immature and such as FF says, then OMG how great will he be when he gets his head right(if he does)

With his abilities I think improvement is almost a certainty................. He is capable of so much more! Now if we could just get Tebow to throw to him!!!!! :cheerl:

Txbroadcaster
01-19-2012, 12:02 PM
With his abilities I think improvement is almost a certainty................. He is capable of so much more! Now if we could just get Tebow to throw to him!!!!! :cheerl:

If Tebow was his QB Dez would then truly explode in rage LOL

Phil C
01-19-2012, 12:03 PM

Another victim of society. :(

buff4ever
01-19-2012, 12:08 PM
Dez needs to be pulled in by someone he likes, I think he is a great talent, and can be a huge play maker. Dallas hasn't even begun to scratch the surface with his capabilities.

Macarthur
01-19-2012, 12:20 PM
Another victim of society. :(

Are you familiar with his upbringing?

waterboy
01-19-2012, 01:56 PM
Dez just needs to find a new set of friends, some that will keep him out of trouble instead of putting him in situations where he can get into trouble. He's young, and rich, and has all the talent in the world, but he is not mature enough to know where his abilities come from. Heck, if I was in the public eye like he is when I was his age, I would've been front page news on a regular basis. Actually, I'd probably have already been fired. You think I would've been fired when I was in bar fights on a regular basis? I guess that's why I'm not judging him, I just want him to get his life straightened out before he loses everything he's been given.

BullBoy
01-19-2012, 02:36 PM
I read Dez got into it with rapper Lil Wayne and his crew over some unpaid money.

http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com/cowboys/2012/01/dez-bryant-altercation-in-miami-with-lil-wayne-and-his-entourage-supposedly-stemmed-from-unpaid-debt.html

Pendragon13
01-19-2012, 03:53 PM
I read Dez got into it with rapper Lil Wayne and his crew over some unpaid money.

http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com/cowboys/2012/01/dez-bryant-altercation-in-miami-with-lil-wayne-and-his-entourage-supposedly-stemmed-from-unpaid-debt.htmlSomething in that article jumped out at me.....what would someone getting paid Fortune 500 CEO money need a $100k loan for?:thinking:

Farmersfan
01-20-2012, 10:21 AM
Something in that article jumped out at me.....what would someone getting paid Fortune 500 CEO money need a $100k loan for?:thinking:

Don't you know it costs a lot of money to "make it rain" and to purchase a bunch of "bling"?