PDA

View Full Version : Story I wrote

ExScoop
01-16-2012, 11:15 AM
I wrote a news story for El Campo paper as Contract Laborer
It was about the merger of two farmers co-ops

My boss told me that my story had statements in it that were not true-Another reporter re wrote the story and the people she interviewed told her something different.

I have the facts in which the two men told me on a reccorer-which I used to write my story.

Now they are mad at me because they told my boss theat they didn't say that

Now I probably won't be writing any more stories for them. She had assigned me two for later in March and she said not to write them.

This really made me mad because I always have the facts straight and on the record

When I wrote sports, I interviewed coaches and players and used my recorder to get the information on record.

Saggy Aggie
01-16-2012, 11:31 AM
Show them the recorder. Sounds like a simple solution to me.

ExScoop
01-16-2012, 11:45 AM
I told her-She didn't want to hear it.
I had written about 12 news stories for her since last October and she never complained and was happy.

Txbroadcaster
01-16-2012, 11:54 AM
I told her-She didn't want to hear it.
I had written about 12 news stories for her since last October and she never complained and was happy.

something does not sound right,..why would she just not listen to the truth?

buff4ever
01-16-2012, 12:08 PM
something does not sound right,..why would she just not listen to the truth?

Probably local politics getting involved.

MGAR
01-16-2012, 12:10 PM
+1..

Txbroadcaster
01-16-2012, 12:16 PM

yea that was what I was thinking

Old Dog
01-16-2012, 05:00 PM
Boss sounds pretty gutless to me. With jobs so scarce, sorry bosses can get away with that sort of crap.

Macarthur
01-16-2012, 06:14 PM

Yep. She doesn't want to know the truth.

regaleagle
01-18-2012, 04:45 AM
Let the Victoria or Port Lavaca paper know what happened, and ask them if you could write a story about this story to dip HER in the grease. Sounds to me like you have nothing to lose at this point, and competing papers may just love the idea. Maybe someone at one of those media outlets has had a run-in with her before. You may and probably aren't the first. The power of the pen can be amazingly?? political.