PDA

View Full Version : Jonathan Gray...

Bullaholic
01-16-2012, 10:17 AM
How long before he starts a game at UT? Will he be red-shirted, or will he play as a true freshman?

MGAR
01-16-2012, 10:20 AM
I think he will play as a true freshman.

Tin Cup
01-16-2012, 11:46 AM
He will not only start, he will make an immediate impact.

LionKing
01-16-2012, 12:33 PM
Not sure if he'll start at first, but he'll see lots of action in wildcat, screen passes, slot, tailback, he's gonna be everywhere on the field, that's what I've read and heard anyways.

Roughneck93
01-16-2012, 01:25 PM
He'll play early and often. It will be a nice trio when you add him in with Brown and Bergeron.

OldNavy
01-16-2012, 02:10 PM
I heard he got injured in a high school all-star game. Does anyone know the extent of the injury, if any?

Macarthur
01-16-2012, 02:13 PM
He didn't look nearly as 'special' in that all start game as he did at the 4a level.

MGAR
01-16-2012, 02:14 PM
He didn't look nearly as 'special' in that all start game as he did at the 4a level.

Well of course not. Most times in all star games the dline owns the oline.

Roughneck93
01-16-2012, 02:14 PM
I heard he got injured in a high school all-star game. Does anyone know the extent of the injury, if any?

High ankle sprain

LIONS#1
01-16-2012, 02:16 PM
High ankle sprain...looked worse than it was....I ain't a fan of those all star games with players that are already committed...they have more to lose...thus should let someone else get some recognition..

Gontex
01-16-2012, 11:48 PM

I'm not sure what game you were watching, but I saw a pretty good running back who proved to be an excellent receiver out of the backfield.

OldNavy
01-17-2012, 03:59 PM
I'm not sure what game you were watching, but I saw a pretty good running back who proved to be an excellent receiver out of the backfield.

I agree, it looked like some pretty simple blocking schemes by the O line, I bet with his own non-all star line, he would have had another day of great running. I've seen him too many times to doubt his abilities carring the rock.

YTBulldogs
01-17-2012, 04:03 PM
High ankle sprain...looked worse than it was....I ain't a fan of those all star games with players that are already committed...they have more to lose...thus should let someone else get some recognition..

Makes sense. Those committed already are set. Have nothing to prove. Let those that have not committed yet play in these games, and show what they can do.

Old Tiger
01-17-2012, 05:29 PM
Malcolm will start
J Gray will take a Fozzy kinda role playing wildcat and 3rd down back

hollywood
01-17-2012, 05:39 PM
Gray is an exceptional athlete. He'll make an impact at tailback but like many have said.. screen passes, wildcat, reverses. He's not the kind of back to pound it up the middle. He's best in space. He not a physical runner.

Emerson1
01-17-2012, 08:49 PM
Makes sense. Those committed already are set. Have nothing to prove. Let those that have not committed yet play in these games, and show what they can do.
Then no one would watch. I think you are confusing the uncommitted with those that have no offers. The kid with offers from every top 10 school doesn't have anything to prove either.

regaleagle
01-18-2012, 03:44 AM
Many of the athletes make their pick on national TV for the fans and the support of the game by the sponsors. It helps to bring in the TV audience, which the sponsors are all about, and allows other not so known athletes to get some major looks from scouts that may have not seen them play yet. It's good for all concerned the way they work it.