PDA

View Full Version : News of a strange and weird kind

lostaussie
01-12-2012, 02:49 PM
http://thestir.cafemom.com/in_the_news/130874/dead_teen_sued_by_victim?utm_medium=sem2&utm_campaign=outbrain&utm_source=outbrain&utm_content=outbrain&quick_picks=1

Txbroadcaster
01-12-2012, 02:53 PM
I dont have a problem with this..the teen(RIP) did something stupid and it affected others.

Saggy Aggie
01-12-2012, 03:11 PM
So the family having their son blasted by a train wasn't enough. Now they get to pay because of it

Txbroadcaster
01-12-2012, 03:27 PM
So the family having their son blasted by a train wasn't enough. Now they get to pay because of it

If he was driving a car and injured others people would have no problem with it..the simple fact is, his action caused the events that happened. Why should someone have to pay for another person causing an event?

Saggy Aggie
01-12-2012, 03:33 PM
They shouldn't but damn... Sometimes I think you gotta suck it up. If that happened to me, I think I'd just suck it up and deal with my problems the best way I could without dragging a family through court for some money considering what they just went thru

toddg
01-12-2012, 03:35 PM

is the son not responsible for the lady's injuries?

Txbroadcaster
01-12-2012, 03:36 PM
They shouldn't but damn... Sometimes I think you gotta suck it up. If that happened to me, I think I'd just suck it up and deal with my problems the best way I could without dragging a family through court for some money considering what they just went thru

That sounds awesome until you get a 15,000 medical bill. Again, sad or not that kid's action created this situation.the fact it was a train instead of him driving changes nothing, this lady was an innocent person waiting for a train whose life was changed by the 18 year olds actions

Old LB
01-12-2012, 03:46 PM
is the son not responsible for the lady's injuries?

Technically no, he was deceased prior to her injury and had no control of his actions at that point.

She would have better luck sueing Amtrack for failure to provide adequate crossing warning devices and protective barriars to prevent the accident in the first place.

I do not agree with the suit, whatever happen to common sense and being a respectable human?

BEAST
01-12-2012, 03:56 PM
Technically no, he was deceased prior to her injury and had no control of his actions at that point.

She would have better luck sueing Amtrack for failure to provide adequate crossing warning devices and protective barriars to prevent the accident in the first place.

I do not agree with the suit, whatever happen to common sense and being a respectable human?

Ding ding ding, we have a winner. Good Post!!

BEAST

BaseballUmp
01-12-2012, 03:59 PM
Different case, but if a suicide bomber attacked, you would have no grounds to sue in that situation?

Txbroadcaster
01-12-2012, 04:03 PM

agreed about suing the train company, but just because he was dead at the moment she was injured does not absolve him..If his actions caused his death which in turn injured her he can and should be still be held liable

Again..if he was driving a car recklessly and ran into her after he himself was killed no one would be saying a thing about it

Tejastrue
01-12-2012, 04:21 PM
If he was still living at home what could she be entitled to exactly. Maybe she can sue for the dead kid's Xbox or smartphone. Maybe his car. I guess he could have some kind of monetary savings or inheritance in his name. The lawsuit is just asinine.

lostaussie
01-12-2012, 04:58 PM
I didn't exactly think this thread would go in this direction. lol

Tejastrue
01-12-2012, 05:12 PM
I didn't exactly think this thread would go in this direction. lol

Probably should not have. The whole incident was just bizarre, tragic, and very unfortunate.

GrTigers6
01-12-2012, 05:27 PM
The only issue I have with this suit is what did his family do to be sued because we all know if he has no money then it goes on the parents. And that's not right. I understand if he has a huge account and she needs it for medical reasons but not to take money from any other sources other than the boys account or trust fund whatever!

JustAFan
01-13-2012, 09:40 AM
Article says she can sue the estate, that is not the parents. It is only what he leaves behind (including insurance). Maybe she needs the money for counseling after having a PART of his torso hit her and knock her down. That, my friends, would mess with your mind big time!