PDA

View Full Version : Arrowhead hunting

turbostud
01-11-2012, 11:57 PM
Anyone on here hunt arrowheads? My dad and I are going to Salado tomorrow to hunt. My dad has an extensive collection that he has been collecting since the 70's. I know most people dont like to give up their best spots, just like fishing. My brother in law lives in San Angelo and hunts mostly in the Eldorado area. He digs on his uncle's land and says once he digs through the whiteman trash he finds some nice arrowheads and tools. I have heard the Commanche area is a hot spot as well.

toddg
01-12-2012, 12:43 AM
Anyone on here hunt arrowheads? My dad and I are going to Salado tomorrow to hunt. My dad has an extensive collection that he has been collecting since the 70's. I know most people dont like to give up their best spots, just like fishing. My brother in law lives in San Angelo and hunts mostly in the Eldorado area. He digs on his uncle's land and says once he digs through the whiteman trash he finds some nice arrowheads and tools. I have heard the Commanche area is a hot spot as well.

blue mountain near Notrees tx is a great place for arrowheads, there are interesting caves there too.

Blue42
01-12-2012, 07:10 AM
Goliad county is one the best areas in the state of Texas but you would be hard pressed to find someone to let you hunt for them.

lbjacj
01-12-2012, 08:13 AM
West of Cotulla is good!

LionFan72
01-12-2012, 09:23 AM
West of Cotulla is good!

The Brownwood area has lots of interesting and abundant arrowheads, the best being the exposed areas of lake Brownwood.

Cam
01-12-2012, 10:38 AM
A while back I started a thread about the same subject. We have found many where we live. Found two really nice ones on the river bottoms of the Colorado after they lowered the water levels for two weeks. Just be careful where you hunt. Friend of mine recently told me someone got fined alot of money by a park ranger for taking arrowheads. I hear the Lower Colorado River Authority (LCRA) is very strict on this. Which is why I hunt for arrowheads on the Colorado!!..hehehe.....:stirpot: