PDA

View Full Version : Mustangs are coming back!!!!

mustang04
07-10-2003, 03:42 PM
well after a short summer of workin and liftin weights, i couldnt help but look on the calender and see that there are a little over 4 weeks until 2-a-days. this is my senior year and i am ready to go out w/ a BANG!! hopefully that bang not being a head injury or anything hehe, but i think that the Sweetwater Mustangs are gonna come back this year and show everybody that we are a team that needs to be taken into consideration, w/ a very small line we are going to need alot of good practice before district, and thats exactly what our predistrict games will do....give us practice. our pre-district consists of Vernon, Graham, Andrews, Abilene Wylie, and last but definitely not least, Greenwood. i feel these games will strengthen our team and get us ready for district and the play-offs....players to watch from Sweetwater: QB Reid Bishop, very good arm, and good at reading the field, RB Josh Jackson, he is like a workhorse once he's on the field, LB Michael Straley alot of explosiveness when he hits u, and we have a really really good coaching staff, although we lost 2 guys who have been here forever, one for 27 years, but i cant wait to start playing again, and i wish everybody that reads this post GOOD LUCK!

Ranger Mom
07-11-2003, 08:34 AM
Good Luck to the Mustangs also!!

What position does Mychel Carrillo's (I never know how to spell his name)little brother play? I watched him play this past year as freshman, and thought he has the makings of a very good player!!

mustang04
07-11-2003, 12:04 PM
he plays QB just like his brother...hes going to be good, but i dont think as good as his brother, and thanx, good luck to yall too!!! :)

BigW
07-11-2003, 12:25 PM
Good luck to you also Mustang.
You have lost a lot of talent but also
have new talent.
The Bulldogs are in the same situation
talent wise and with a similar pre-season schedule.
Have a great year!

heck
07-11-2003, 02:00 PM
hey mustang, will ya'll be throwing the ball this year? do you have any receivers?

smustangs
07-11-2003, 06:38 PM
yes our o line will need practice we only average 219 all they way across. and yes we will pass some this year we have senior receiver seth hatley who returns and will be very good out wide this year

Z motion 10 out on 2
07-12-2003, 01:03 AM
Mustang:

Talk about a tough nondistrict! Your district should be a cake walk comparitively speaking. I'll be at the Vernon game since my son plays for the Lions. He was injured on the second play of the game last year and missed the rest of it. I think this will be a good game just like last year. A great measuring stick for both teams. What do you play and what is your number so I can look for you? Oh yes, you guys have a nice stadium. Vernon played there twice last year but lost both games 27-21. (Sweetwater & Ballinger) :(

Z Motion~

mustang04
07-13-2003, 01:15 AM
Hey Z Motion....sry about both yalls losses in our bowl, i wasnt on varsity when we played yall last year, i got moved up to deepsnap after our first district game w/ Snyder...im # 25, im a receiver, safety, and deepsnapper, so u should see me, but yeah i cant wait to play yall, ive always liked vernon...never talk mess, yall have my respect

mustang04
07-13-2003, 01:20 AM
Heck, yeah we'll be throwing, since we dont have carrillo anymore i think we wont be doing the option as much hehe, but ya never know, yeah we have good recievers,: seth hatley, brendan pittman, bryan berry, and me, reggie ham, brendan is a good deep receiver, had some heighth, seth is a good short route, hes really quick, but doesnt have all the heigth to go deep

mustang04
07-16-2003, 12:03 AM
MY BAD GUYS....earlier when i said michael's lil bro played QB like him, i was mistaking...he played QB a couple of games while their starter was hurt on the freshamn team...but he plays full-back...my bad