PDA

View Full Version : State Farm Lone Star Showdown Update for 2011-12 Competition.

Phil C
01-10-2012, 12:42 PM
I have neglected this update but thus far it is UT 5 A&M 1 as of 1-10-12. UT got the points in football, volleyball. Women's Swimming and Diving and Men and Women's Cross Country while A&M took the soccer point. This early lead for UT is not a surprise but I before the season I thought the Aggies would also get the football point and it would be 4-2 instead of 5-1.

By no means is it over because the Aggies are strong especially in the track and field points. This year the competition ends as the Aggies go to the SEC. UT needs 5 points to win it outright and
4 1/2 points to retain the cup since UT owns the tie breaker if the two schools tie at 9.5 to 9.5. I still expect it to be close and it will most likely be a 10-0 or 11-8 type thing. One thing different is that State Farm has not addressed is the softball allocation. Before this year the teams only met twice in softball but this year it is three times and I think the full point will be awarded for the best two out of three but of course State Farm is dragging their feet rather than addressing the issue yet. The competition begins this Wednesday (1-11-12) with men's basketball at Austin and women's basketball at CS.

Phil C
01-10-2012, 12:58 PM
The following is my analysis of the competition to come as 13 points are available.

Men's Basketball - Before the season since UT is young I thought the Aggies would get the sweep but right now I am very hopeful of getting at least a split with a win in Austin tomorrow. It depends on which Longhorn team shows up. If UT gets a half point this could be a factor in the tie breaker.

Women's Basketball - I think we have lost 13 in a row to the Aggies. Look for it to go to 15 in a row after this season.

Men's Swimming and Diving - Of course UT shsould take this one and hopefully get a NC this year.

Men's Indoor Track and Field - The Aggies of course.

Softball - I think they are going to give it two out of three. I would give it to the Aggies but 2 of the three games are in Austin which is a big advantage. Close.

Men's Golf - This is going to be very close like last year. UT is ranked higher but they are close. We came close to getting this point last year but blew it on the last day. We are a year older and I think UT edges the Aggies but it is close.

Women's Tennis - It will be close again but UT should win it but the game is in CS which is risky.

Men and Women's Outdoor Track and Field - These are the final events but if UT hasn't cinched anything then it is over as the Aggies will easily take these two points.

Women's Indoor Track and Field - I know most give this one to the Aggies but UT came close last year and this year they are a year older. The Aggies should probably win but I give UT a good chance.

Baseball - It may come down to this event and even though we have dominated t his one in the past I think it will be tough this year. An advantage is that 2 out of 3 games are in Austin.

As you can see I expect the competition to be close this year and points are going to be hard to come by.

ExScoop
01-10-2012, 09:49 PM
UT men's basketball hosts A&M on Wednesday
UT Women plays at A&M also on Wednesday

Phil C
02-03-2012, 10:35 PM
UT men's basketball hosts A&M on Wednesday
UT Women plays at A&M also on Wednesday

UT swept both events and as of today UT leads 6 to 1. But right now another point is on the line in Men's Swimming and Diving and after six events UT leads 77 to 33 but there are still 7 events left.

Phil C
02-03-2012, 11:58 PM
UT swept both events and as of today UT leads 6 to 1. But right now another point is on the line in Men's Swimming and Diving and after six events UT leads 77 to 33 but there are still 7 events left.

UT holds on and win this point 133.5 to 102.5. This gives UT lead 7 to 1 and needing 2 1/2 points to cinch the tie with the tie breaker or 3 points to win it outright.

The next available 1/2 point is Monday night as the Men's Basketball teams play in College Station. The Aggies are always tough there but even though they have been losing to top teams UT is playing tough. This game ought to go down to the wire and be a thriller.

Phil C
02-06-2012, 11:28 PM
UT gets the half point in a well played exciting basketball game at CS tonight 70 to 68 with the game not decided till the final few seconds. This gives UT a 7 1/2 to 1 lead and the Horns need two points to tie it and retain the trophy on the tie breaker. Anything more and they win it outright.

navscanmaster
02-06-2012, 11:39 PM
Its been a tough year for the Ags on all fronts. Can't say it is distractions or all coaching. Multitude of things, mainly that both football and mens basketball were over-rated to an extent. Perhaps keeping Roberson, Middleton, and Dash all health would have won A&M at least 3-4 games on the court, who really knows. Just have to hope for baseball to make another big run and look forward to SEC competition next year. I wish the Ags could have made a better showing against Texas and Baylor this year, but it is what it is, kinda have to laugh at it and move on.

Daddy D 11
02-07-2012, 12:09 AM
curious as to what's the all time on the showdown? how many showdowns have each school won?

Txbroadcaster
02-07-2012, 01:14 AM
curious as to what's the all time on the showdown? how many showdowns have each school won?

Texas has won it 5 times..A&M 2 times

Phil C
02-07-2012, 12:10 PM
I expected a very close race this year and it still may be close but before the competition started in the fall I expected UT to be behind by now 4 1/2 to 4 instead of a 7 to 1 lead.

NastySlot
02-07-2012, 12:25 PM

2004–05 Winner: Texas — Score: 14½ to 4½
2005–06 Winner: Texas — Score: 14 to 5
2006–07 Winner: Texas — Score: 10½ to 8½
2007–08 Winner: Texas A&M — Score: 10½ to 8½
2008–09 Winner: Texas A&M — Score: Tied 9½ to 9½ †
2009–10 Winner: Texas – Score: 10 to 9
2010–11 Winner: Texas — Score: Tied 9½ to 9½ †

2011...was really close looking back at it......could say in came down to a passed ball in the softball game in which Texas took the win.

Phil C
02-07-2012, 12:31 PM

2011...was really close looking back at it......could say in came down to a passed ball in the softball game in which Texas took the win.

A lot of close ones that year. We got some we shouldn't have got and lost some we should have had. The one that really hurt was losing a volleyball game to the Aggies which gave them a split. This hurt us as far as winning was concerned because we wound up being a final 4 team and had no business splitting that match but those things happen.

Phil C
02-07-2012, 12:45 PM
There have been two previous ties but there is a tie breaker in that they look at the nearest prior year that had an outright winner and add those points as if the competition was for both years. For example the Aggies won in 2007-08 but the two teams tied in 2008-09 with a 9 1/2 to 9 1/2 score. The previous scores were added to make it 20 to 18 in favor of the Aggies in 2008-09.
At the same time we won it 10-9 in 2009-10 but it was a tie in 2010-11 at 9 1/2 to
9 1/2 so the prior year score was added last year to make it UT 19 1/2 to A&M 18 1/2.
This year if they tie it will be the same results as last year with UT winning because the won it two years ago with last year and this year being a tie.

Ville-D
02-07-2012, 01:18 PM
So an easier way to say it is that the tie goes to the previous years winner?

There have been two previous ties but there is a tie breaker in that they look at the nearest prior year that had an outright winner and add those points as if the competition was for both years. For example the Aggies won in 2007-08 but the two teams tied in 2008-09 with a 9 1/2 to 9 1/2 score. The previous scores were added to make it 20 to 18 in favor of the Aggies in 2008-09.
At the same time we won it 10-9 in 2009-10 but it was a tie in 2010-11 at 9 1/2 to
9 1/2 so the prior year score was added last year to make it UT 19 1/2 to A&M 18 1/2.
This year if they tie it will be the same results as last year with UT winning because the won it two years ago with last year and this year being a tie.

ExScoop
02-07-2012, 02:08 PM
I can't see the Lady Horns beating the Aggies in the basketball game on March 4 in Austin to sweep this year. When UT beat then in College Station on Jan 11, it snapped a 11-game winning streak by A&M.

Will be interesting what pans out in softball and baseball

Phil C
02-07-2012, 02:13 PM
So an easier way to say it is that the tie goes to the previous years winner?

Right you are Ville-D.

Phil C
02-07-2012, 02:47 PM
The next two available points are in Men and Women's Indoor Track and Field with both schools highly ranked in both sports. The points will be given to who scores the most points in the Big 12 Championships on Feb. 24 and 25th, 2012 at College Station. The fact that the event is at CS gives the Aggies an advantage. I expect the Aggie Men's team to win the point but the Women's point is going to be very close. Last year a young UT Women's team came close to upsetting the Aggies so I am hoping they can do so to get at least a split with the Aggies. We will see.

ExScoop
02-07-2012, 03:08 PM
My friend is the A&M Track media department and writes stories. He used to be the sports editor of the El Campo Leader-News and I worked with him when I was at the Wharton Journal-Spectator

Phil C
02-12-2012, 10:40 PM
Even though UT has surprising big lead at this point the competition is by no means over in my opinion. Most points are going to be difficult to come by except for Track and Field and the Aggies should get at least 3 out of 4 and maybe a sweep. The Aggies Men's Tennis team beat the Horns on a neutral field and non conference match in a very close 4-3 score. The match that counts will be in April in Austin which could be a difference and hopefully enough for the Horns.

Phil C
02-29-2012, 10:56 AM
The Aggies swept the indoor track and field points which was expected and Texas now leads A&M 7 1/2 to 3. This coming Sunday a half point is on the line in women's basketball and on paper the Aggies should get it but it is no giveme. The UT women's team has been playing well lately and the game is in Austin. We will see.

Saggy Aggie
03-04-2012, 06:12 PM
Texas won the women's game 79-64 i think.

Phil C
03-04-2012, 10:14 PM
Texas won the women's game 79-64 i think.

Right you are Saggy and with this 1/2 point UT leads 8 to 3. What this does I think is guarantee there will not be a tie. They haven't officially announced it but I think softball is going to be awarded the point for winning two out of three games this year like they do in baseball but much to my chagrin they haven't addressed the issue yet. What I think it will do is make the odds of splitting points at 95 per cent against happening. So I think we will have a clear cut winner with at least ten points. Even though UT has that lead the competition this year is no means over. The Aggies I feel will of course get the 2 points in Outdoor Track and Field in both Men and Women's competition and with the injuries of UT baseball team should get the baseball point. The other five are close and could go either way. Even though UT should get at least 2 points out of them it is by no means a give me. We will see.

Phil C
04-16-2012, 09:36 AM
This past weekend UT won the Men's Tennis point 4-3 to go up 9-3 overall and needing just one point to win the competition. It was a hard fought match with UT winning the doubles by getting two out of three matches. The individual matches were close and the key match was won by UT's Ben Chen who was behind his final set 2-5 with the Aggies just needing to win one more game and win the competition but Chen won 5 straight games with a splendid performance to win his match and win the point for UT in a well played match by both teams.

UT plays at CS this Tuesday (tomorrow) for the Women's tennis point and it should be another close one.

Phil C
04-18-2012, 09:53 AM
In Women's Tennis I knew it would be a close one and this one went the Aggies way as they won in CS 4-3. I knew that it would be difficult for the UT women to win in CS but the way they were playing I thought they could win it their way but no so the race continues.

The real final showdowns will be starting next week from April 27 to 29 with Men and Women's Golf, softball and baseball. These are four points and for UT to win they better get at least one point. With the way the UT men's gold team are playing they would be favored but one bad day can change things just like last year. The Aggies should take Women's Golf and baseball with softball being a close one that could go either way. If the Aggies sweep these four points the cup is theirs and UT may as well get it ready to ship to the Aggies to keep for a long time and you can beat their AD will brag about it.
After these four points the final two points are fought out on May 11 to May 13 for Men and Women's Outdoor Track and Field and the Aggies own the Track so they will get both points easily.

The competition is by no means over as it is now 9 to 4 in favor of UT but if at the end of April it is UT 9 A&M 8 then it will be the Aggies winning the final showdown.

Phil C
04-22-2012, 07:00 PM
The key four points are coming this coming weekend. If UT can get 1 point or even somehow 1/2 a point then the Cup is theirs. If the Aggies sweep these four points it is theirs.

Phil C
04-25-2012, 03:02 PM
Exciting days coming. I am surprised that no one else is caught up in the suspence and excitement. Shame on you all for not showing interest in this important and tremendous event.
I am not proud of it but I seem to be the only one in the Country that sees that the Aggies could win it 10 to 9 in spite of UT's current lead.

Phil C
04-28-2012, 06:58 PM
To bring everyone up to date UT still leads 9-5 as the Aggies cinch the baseball point today.

Tomorrow will decide the competition with three events coming:

The softball teams will play a third deciding game to see who gets the point. UT had to fight to come from behind but they did it to tie the series up.

The UT Women's Golf made some ground today and trail the Aggies by one stroke going into tomorrow's final round.

The UT Men's Golf team are in second place behind the Aggies but trail by 9 points which is not impossible but is still difficult to overcome. The only way for the Horns to pull it out is to play great and for the Aggies to have a colapse like the Horns did yesterday.

Saggy Aggie
04-29-2012, 03:58 PM
I believe a&m won the men's golf point today

Phil C
04-29-2012, 05:28 PM
I believe a&m won the men's golf point today

Right you are Saggy Aggie but UT wins the Women's Golf point with a great round and climbs up to second place and ten strokes above the Aggies. This gives UT 10 points and the State Farm Lone Star cup remains in Austin as UT leads 10-6 with three more events. The UT women were without one of their star players that was out with an injury or maybe first place would have been obtained. Of the 4 points available today this was the least one that I thought we had a chance to get but the UT Lady Golfers came through. Well Done Ladies!

Old Tiger
04-29-2012, 05:45 PM
Right you are Saggy Aggie but UT wins the Women's Golf point with a great round and climbs up to second place and ten strokes above the Aggies. This gives UT 10 points and the State Farm Lone Star cup remains in Austin as UT leads 10-6 with three more events. The UT women were without one of their star players that was out with an injury or maybe first place would have been obtained. Of the 4 points available today this was the least one that I thought we had a chance to get but the UT Lady Golfers came through. Well Done Ladies!Eternal Scoreboard

Want some pancakes?
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_SKjq57XVCus/SCqJfGoSD6I/AAAAAAAAAq0/ez0cDTyWFUs/s400/davechapelle.jpg

Phil C
04-29-2012, 07:32 PM
The UT softball held on to win today 4-3 and take the series and get the point. It is now 11-6. Since the only points available are the 2 Outdoor Track and Field teams which the Aggies are expected to get the final looks like UT 11 A&M 7 and UT retains the cup.

regaleagle
04-29-2012, 10:12 PM
Well, Phil C it's been a looong season of keeping up with the points standings of the cup, and I'm glad the Horns retained it. You did an outstanding job reporting to us the situations at intervals thruout the season. It sure could've gone either way this year. What was the BIGGEST turning point in UT's favor this year, in your expert opinion?

bigcountry
04-29-2012, 10:48 PM
The UT softball held on to win today 4-3 and take the series and get the point. It is now 11-6. Since the only points available are the 2 Outdoor Track and Field teams which the Aggies are expected to get the final looks like UT 11 A&M 7 and UT retains the cup.
Hook'Em Dang HORNS!! Glad the Lone Star Showdown trophy stays in Horn Country for eternity! Of all those points, the football victory with Tucker's last second field goal has to be the sweetest! Congrats UT athletics & here is to an even better 2012-2013 season!!

Saggy Aggie
04-29-2012, 11:52 PM
Congrats.

Lion70
04-30-2012, 07:47 AM
Hook'Em Dang HORNS!! Glad the Lone Star Showdown trophy stays in Horn Country for eternity! Of all those points, the football victory with Tucker's last second field goal has to be the sweetest! Congrats UT athletics & here is to an even better 2012-2013 season!!
Pls will play again maybe not in all sports every year, but give a few years and it will back to a rivalry.

Phil C
04-30-2012, 07:54 AM
Well, Phil C it's been a looong season of keeping up with the points standings of the cup, and I'm glad the Horns retained it. You did an outstanding job reporting to us the situations at intervals thruout the season. It sure could've gone either way this year. What was the BIGGEST turning point in UT's favor this year, in your expert opinion?

There were several and you could argue over each one. One was the football victory that I didn't expect to get. I also didn't expect to see the Men's basketball team sweep the Aggies like they did.
The Biggest Surprise and Turning point goes to the UT Women's Basketball team which had lost 13 straight to the Aggies who were the defending National Champions. I was sure that the Horns would get swept this year but instead they came to the occassion in both games and got the sweep. This was the main one that caught me flat footed and was an important factor that helped give us a big lead at the time. Before the season I would have considered a split a big miracle but a sweep was really Wow.

Phil C
04-30-2012, 08:12 AM

I agree that it was very close and could have gone the other way. Also the UT Women's golf team took a very important point and came from behind to get it.

Old Tiger
04-30-2012, 08:36 AM
Pls will play again maybe not in all sports every year, but give a few years and it will back to a rivalry.Not with DeLoss as AD.

A 100 year decision is a 100 year decision. Bowl game or post-season is only hope of getting matched together for the Ags.

Heck listening to the Baylor AD talk in interviews it sounds like it will be the same scenario where they won't be scheduling yall in any sports as well.

No clue on what Texas Tech plans to do though.

Lion70
04-30-2012, 09:27 AM
A 100 year decision is a 100 year decision. Bowl game or post-season is only hope of getting matched together for the Ags.

Baylor plays A&M in baseball next year. Cooler heads will prevale and remember money talks.

Heck listening to the Baylor AD talk in interviews it sounds like it will be the same scenario where they won't be scheduling yall in any sports as well.

No clue on what Texas Tech plans to do though.[/QUOTE]

Phil C
04-30-2012, 11:17 AM
Not with DeLoss as AD.

Maybe the two conferences can work it out and the football game played every year on Thanksgiving. It would be great. Of course the game would have to be played in Austin every year.

sahen
04-30-2012, 04:04 PM
Baylor plays A&M in baseball next year. Cooler heads will prevale and remember money talks.

is this actually on the schedule? I know our coach said he felt it makes sense to play the aggies in baseball however that was met with a huge backlash w/ the Baylor community...our coach says a lot of things that get met with a huge backlash from Baylor fans, but only a few of what he says get done...

bevo
04-30-2012, 11:23 PM
Not with DeLoss as AD.

...you said it Old Tiger! Not with DeLoss...or anyone else.

Saggy Aggie
04-30-2012, 11:36 PM
Not with DeLoss as AD.

darn. Can't imagine what we'll do if we can't play Texas and Baylor every year. Maybe we'll just have to settle for sec competition.

Don't worry though fellow ags! We always gave the postseason to hopefully get matched up again!

Lion70
05-01-2012, 07:59 AM
is this actually on the schedule? I know our coach said he felt it makes sense to play the aggies in baseball however that was met with a huge backlash w/ the Baylor community...our coach says a lot of things that get met with a huge backlash from Baylor fans, but only a few of what he says get done...

yeah so I have been told . I admit its kinda dumb not to play. I mean both schools would have done the same in the other persons shoes.

NastySlot
05-01-2012, 09:23 AM
our coach says a lot of things that get met with a huge backlash from Baylor fans, but only a few of what he says get done...

this the same coach a year ago most bear fans along with a few higher ups were ready to run off and now imo has the Bears playing better than anyone in the country and should have them in Omaha.

Smith actually had a good point....in baseball and softball it would make a lot sense to continue to play midweek series...limits expenses, travel and time away from class.

Actually good to for the Bears and Aggies to keep playing in other sports such as tennis and soccer also.

Old Tiger
05-01-2012, 09:27 AM
yeah so I have been told . I admit its kinda dumb not to play. I mean both schools would have done the same in the other persons shoes.Baylor was set to lose over 100 million dollars if the big 12 broke up and went to the pac 10 so they litigation against A&M to protect their school.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/6939017/texas-aggies-accepted-sec-legal-threat-delays-move

NastySlot
05-01-2012, 09:33 AM
Baylor was set to lose over 100 million dollars if the big 12 broke up and went to the pac 10 so they litigation against A&M to protect their school.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/6939017/texas-aggies-accepted-sec-legal-threat-delays-move

who was going to the PAC 10? I thought A&M was going to the SEC?

Lion70
05-01-2012, 09:36 AM
[QUOTE=Old Tiger;1672651]Baylor was set to lose over 100 million dollars if the big 12 broke up and went to the pac 10 so they litigation against A&M to protect their school.

Yeah didn't say I blamed them . I would have done the same on either side.

Old Tiger
05-01-2012, 09:44 AM
who was going to the PAC 10? I thought A&M was going to the SEC?Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State at the time due to the Ags wanting to be in the SEC.

Texas decided to stay with Big 12 so the dominos didn't fall. But had they fallen Baylor would of lost its big 12 revenue because the big 12 would of been no more.

If they move had happened these schools would not be in big 12.

Lion70
05-01-2012, 09:48 AM
Texas decided to stay with Big 12 so the dominos didn't fall. But had they fallen Baylor would of lost its big 12 revenue because the big 12 would of been no more.

If they move had happened these schools would not be in big 12.[/QUOTE] & Baylor would be in the Moutain west or CUSA

sahen
05-01-2012, 10:09 AM
we never went to litigation or anything remotely close to it....the SEC asked us to waive our right to sue to make it convienant for them even though we appeared to be about to lose millions of dollars...we would be idiots to sign off on that until it was clear we would be compensated...sorry for not rolling out the red carpet for the Aggies by destroying the whole of Baylor Athletic Dept in the process...we did what we had to just like the Aggies did what they felt they needed to do...

the Aggies and apparantly Coach Smith feel it makes sense for us to play midweek games against them but for most Baylor fans we feel like A&M dang near destroyed our athletic dept with their move and have no desire to play them at all...there are countless other colleges that offer similar midweek oppotunities that are nearby that we have been playing for years as well that we can play instead of the Aggies....A&M wanted to go play with the teams in the Deep South so we feel like we should oblige them...yes, it would be convienant for the 2 to play, but i do not feel as though we should help A&M in anything at this point and there are too many other D1 college baseball teams close by that we can play instead...that works both ways as well...just like Baylor can play UTSA, Texas State, UT-Arlington, etc so can A&M...there is no need for the teams to play each other right now and that goes in all sports not just baseball...

sahen
05-01-2012, 10:15 AM
this the same coach a year ago most bear fans along with a few higher ups were ready to run off and now imo has the Bears playing better than anyone in the country and should have them in Omaha.

up until this year his teams had woefully underperformed since the last time we were in Omaha...i'd argue that if we were any other school he would have been run off already and you can't argue with the Baylor fans displeasure in his teams after 2005 until this year...Baseball was our banner sport for a long time and then the bottom fell out of it seemingly out of no where when they had high expectations...luckily for him it coincided with Basketball's rising and Football's resurgence so it was overlooked until before this year when many were saying this was it for him...maybe his seat got a little hot and he decided he'd start coaching them up or the team caught the momentum of the rest of the Baylor athletic dept...who knows? but he has bought himself some more time now...

on a side note: Smith has done himself no favors with the Baylor fans...he has either a dry personality or no personality and has been known to bad mouth his own fans and school at times...even when we were in the top 10 in attendance he would bad mouth Baylor attendance so when his teams started losing he did not have a lot of loyal supporters...apparantly the AD likes him or he would be gone, but when you start doing that a fan base will turn on you quick when you start losing...

Lion70
05-01-2012, 10:28 AM
on a side note: Smith has done himself no favors with the Baylor fans...he has either a dry personality or no personality and has been known to bad mouth his own fans and school at times...even when we were in the top 10 in attendance he would bad mouth Baylor attendance so when his teams started losing he did not have a lot of loyal supporters...apparantly the AD likes him or he would be gone, but when you start doing that a fan base will turn on you quick when you start losing...[/QUOTE]

Not trying to bash but when you say Top ten your talking about the Bevo 10 right.

sahen
05-01-2012, 11:35 AM
Not trying to bash but when you say Top ten your talking about the Bevo 10 right.

i dont know what you are getting at? Baylor had fantastic baseball attendance up until a few years ago when people tired of Smith bashing them for not supporting his underachieving teams while we still had some of the highest average attendance in the nation...a coach dissing his fanbase for lack of attendance when we were in the top 10-15 annually in attendance better win some games if he doesn't want the fans to turn on him...

NastySlot
05-01-2012, 01:25 PM
i dont know what you are getting at? Baylor had fantastic baseball attendance up until a few years ago when people tired of Smith bashing them for not supporting his underachieving teams while we still had some of the highest average attendance in the nation...a coach dissing his fanbase for lack of attendance when we were in the top 10-15 annually in attendance better win some games if he doesn't want the fans to turn on him...

hasn't Baylor only missed the post season once in the past few seasons?

sahen
05-01-2012, 01:56 PM

in college baseball if your in texas making the post season is pretty easy and is not a target to shoot for esp considering where our program was....with the recruiting classes he has had we should be hosting regionals and having a shot at hosting super regionals every couple of years like he was doing from the late '90s to '05....this will be our first regional to host in 7 years this year...

Lion70
05-01-2012, 06:54 PM

Yes all great teams resort to using a tarp yep.

Lion70
05-01-2012, 06:56 PM

On playstation maybe is there another Baylor. Maybe women basketball.

Lion70
05-01-2012, 06:57 PM

gotya thought you were implying baseball.

jdawg2012
05-03-2012, 10:46 AM
As of May 3 at 10:45 it is UT 11, A&M 6.

Phil C
05-13-2012, 07:58 PM
The final points were today in the Men and Women's Outdoor Track and Field competition and both teams of both schools did well today.

The Aggies got the Men's point winning the championship while UT's young team came in second place.

The UT Women's Team won the championship by a very narrow margin as they had a final socore of 130 while Kansas came in second with a score of 129.5 and the Aggies came in third with a 128.5 score. The top three places were decided by the narrowest of margins.

This makes the final score for this year 12 to 7 in favor of UT.

This was the eighth and probably the last year of the competition and it has been interesting and the points were usually very hard fought points with great cometition.

Well Done Aggies and Horns.