PDA

View Full Version : Oh, Boy! (Alabama vs LSU BCS NC Game)

Bullaholic
01-09-2012, 10:25 PM
Be still my heart---the best of all worlds--an all FG BCS NC game with Brent Musburger calling it...

regaleagle
01-09-2012, 10:50 PM
Yes, and Oregon coach Chip Kelly watching from the booth thinking what could have been. Probably same for Okla. State coach Mike Gundy. I hope ESPN and all the SEC supporters are happy. If Alabama wins, they will say I told you so. Proves nothing to me except these teams know each other only too well. Can you say: BORING!!!!!!!!!!! Brent is trying to make it exciting, and Herbstreet is basically silent.

Pendragon13
01-09-2012, 10:54 PM
At least Musberger seems to know where he is for this one...unlike some in the past. ;)

Bullaholic
01-09-2012, 10:55 PM
LSU needs to at least try Lee at QB before it is too late.

If Musburger says "Honey Badger" one more time, I will scream....:D

lbjacj
01-09-2012, 10:57 PM
LSU needs to at least try Lee at QB before it is too late.

If Musburger says "Honey Badger" one more time, I will scream....:D

It is too late!

regaleagle
01-09-2012, 10:57 PM
In fact, since I really don't care who wins or loses, I hope ESPN loses. They were the one touting and pushing for this rematch. I"ll guarantee you their ratings share is much less than expected, and probably less than the Stanford/Okla. State game. It will be interesting to see what the ratings turn in and how that compared with last year's game, or this year's other top rated bowl games. I say it will be much lower.

Phil C
01-09-2012, 11:01 PM
Surely this will go down as the greatest BCS game ever.

slingshot
01-09-2012, 11:05 PM
Worst game I've seen since... last time these two played earlier this year. Would've benched Jefferson at half BTW... Pathetic games--two very good defenses and two weak offenses=10 FG's in 7+ quarters. Yuck.

regaleagle
01-09-2012, 11:07 PM
It's not exactly a "get your popcorn" game, is it! If you like defense and field goals, then this is your kind of NC game. Otherwise, Pawn Stars is interesting even on the commericial breaks.

Bullaholic
01-09-2012, 11:07 PM
Surely this will go down as the greatest BCS game ever.

Phil--How could you forget Vince Young's heroic winning run against USC in the 2005 BCS NC game?

Shame, shame! :crying:

Tin Cup
01-09-2012, 11:08 PM
Good hands play of the game is the Alabama holder lol wow. Tells you all you need to know.

Additup
01-09-2012, 11:10 PM
If Alabama can stay away from a red card, they should win the NCAA Cup 15 to nil and denying LSU a shot on goal.

regaleagle
01-09-2012, 11:13 PM
Boy, Brent and Kirk are grasping for straws now to keep viewers interested... The sponsors will not be happy with the millions they spent for this ratings share.

big daddy russ
01-09-2012, 11:14 PM
It's about the two best teams, not the two most exciting. Sorry to disappoint you.

regaleagle
01-09-2012, 11:16 PM
Russ, we know what it's supposed to be about, and don't need you to tell us that. Thank you for your educated input.

big daddy russ
01-09-2012, 11:18 PM
That's what I'm here for.

hollywood
01-09-2012, 11:18 PM
I'm still not convinced that these 2 teams are the best in the nation.
JJ is a train wreck. Lee should have had a chance.

Bullaholic
01-09-2012, 11:21 PM
Goooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaallllllllll !!!!!!!! :D

regaleagle
01-09-2012, 11:23 PM
And I guess the argument for a national playoff system for Div. I College Football will rage on at a torrid pace after this fiasco of a season. How many one-loss teams will there be now, four???

Phil C
01-09-2012, 11:33 PM
Oklahoma State's passing offense probably could have scored on either of those teams. Let the controversy continue.

big daddy russ
01-09-2012, 11:42 PM

LSU sure didn't play like it tonight.

Saggy Aggie
01-09-2012, 11:45 PM
I think it's pretty clear Bama is by far the best team in the country. They were better than Lsu both times but for various reasons didn't win the first matchup.

I don't really see any team in the country, including Osu, getting more than 6-7 first downs against the tides defense.

STANG RED
01-09-2012, 11:48 PM
This was one of the best bowl seasons ever, but then they had to close it out with this piece of crap game.:( what a let down.

D_bird
01-09-2012, 11:51 PM
The '98 Vikings wouldn't have scored on the Tide tonight. That was a dominant of a defensive performance as I've seen at any level.

For those saying that they'd have rather have seen touchdowns tonight... You really wanted to see a 41-0 game? Lol

NastySlot
01-10-2012, 12:08 AM
I hope ESPN and all the SEC supporters are happy.

don't blame the SEC fans for this system........the SEC (commish Slive) pushed for a plus one game along time ago(remember when Auburn was undefeated and not in the
championship) and I believe when Slive wanted to talk about the plus and changes to the BCS no one listened....they might now... isn't the BCS supposed to meet soon...maybe
changes will happen......don't blame the SEC they play the system in place and have come to perfect it.

Now ESPN- I think they might want the current system bcs and bowls.....sure they make a lot of money in month of December and into early Jan. with this system.

Roughneck93
01-10-2012, 12:27 AM
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7442352/bowl-championship-series-officials-discuss-possible-format-changes

yellaseeker
01-10-2012, 01:05 AM
Just goes to show ya, defense wins championships. Don't know that i've witnessed a better defense, atleast at the collegiate level. Although, i don't think that was the best performance possible from LSU's offense in spite of the defensive standoff by Bama.

Ernest T Bass
01-10-2012, 07:24 AM
Seaux boring!!

waterboy
01-10-2012, 08:48 AM
It looked to me like 'Bama used their 36 or 37 days off a whole lot better than LSU did. This was a disappointment of a game. LSU's offense is just too plain vanilla, and 'Bama's defense knew the Tigers' plays better than the Tigers offense did. A game like this just reinforces my belief that there should be at the very least be a "plus one" playoff at the FBS level. I seriously believe that Okie Light and Stanford would've scored a couple of TDs on 'Bama last night. I'm definitely not saying they would've won, but I believe their offenses are much better than LSU, and they would've scored. Of course, the Cowboys and Cardinal probably would've given up more than a couple of TDs, too, but.........we'll never really know, will we?

A plus one setup this year would've had LSU playing Stanford, and Alabama playing Oklahoma State, then the winners playing each other. Those definitely would've been interesting matchups, and the revenue alone would've made it worthwhile, in my opinion.

Phil C
01-10-2012, 09:17 AM
Phil--How could you forget Vince Young's heroic winning run against USC in the 2005 BCS NC game?

Shame, shame! :crying:

But Bull. According to the NCAA that game never happened. :(

Phil C
01-10-2012, 09:19 AM
The Oklahoma State passing offense would have scored on these defenses? Maybe so but maybe not. It will never be found out on the field for sure.

Phil C
01-10-2012, 09:21 AM
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7442352/bowl-championship-series-officials-discuss-possible-format-changes

Roughneck93 it would be a good start in the right direction.

Old Tiger
01-10-2012, 09:25 AM
It's not exactly a "get your popcorn" game, is it! If you like defense and field goals, then this is your kind of NC game. Otherwise, Pawn Stars is interesting even on the commericial breaks.Nobody likes field goals...not even coaches.

44INAROW
01-10-2012, 09:55 AM
JJ is a train wreck. Lee should have had a chance.
I agree - I was screaming at the TV all night to put Lee in.. Jefferson was scattered from the beginning..

Cam
01-10-2012, 10:00 AM
Be still my heart---the best of all worlds--an all FG BCS NC game with Brent Musburger calling it...

lol...that was a boring game...I fell asleep right before the half...woke up at the end of the game.....and I gotta admit, my mindset went all wrong as soon as I heard Musburger's voice at the start.....

waterboy
01-10-2012, 10:04 AM
The Oklahoma State passing offense would have scored on these defenses? Maybe so but maybe not. It will never be found out on the field for sure.
We will never know for sure, but my money is on YES. Their defenses would've likely given up a few more scores, too, so I guess it's a wash. This season was the epitome of why we need at least a "plus one" playoff in the BCS. Maybe, eventually, with the superconferences that seem to be growing they'll come up with a true playoff system in the future to further prove who is the best team. No other teams, once they lost a game, had ANY chance of making it to the MNC game, and that shows the unfairness of it.