PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys

Old Tiger
01-07-2012, 11:26 AM
How good could Cowboys be if they got...

OC - Todd Haley
DC - Steve Spagnuolo

Both didn't pan out as HC but they are excellent coordinators.

Trashman
01-07-2012, 01:47 PM

OC - Todd Haley
DC - Steve Spagnuolo

Makes to much sense, Jerry would never go for it.

Txbroadcaster
01-07-2012, 02:01 PM

OC - Todd Haley
DC - Steve Spagnuolo

Haley burned bridges when in Dallas..and Spags is a 4-3 guy

Old Tiger
01-07-2012, 04:02 PM
Haley burned bridges when in Dallas..and Spags is a 4-3 guyI think a 4-3 would work better for Dallas

Txbroadcaster
01-07-2012, 04:59 PM
I think a 4-3 would work better for Dallas

not with the core D now..it is a 3-4 grouping

Eagle 1
01-08-2012, 11:41 AM
I think we need an OC.

YTBulldogs
01-08-2012, 11:43 AM
I think we need an OC.

After you find a GM.

Old Tiger
01-08-2012, 11:48 AM
not with the core D now..it is a 3-4 groupingcowboys need to rebuild on D anyway I think you could spin Ware down to DE

BaseballUmp
01-08-2012, 02:34 PM
Your front 7 doesn't matter much when every team knows they can burn your secondary any time.

Tired ole Bobcat
01-08-2012, 02:46 PM
Cowboys would be better with out all of the current def secondary and def coach Ryan.

Txbroadcaster
01-08-2012, 02:55 PM
Cowboys would be better with out all of the current def secondary and def coach Ryan.

I dont think we got a real good look at what Ryan can or cannot do because of the secondary

Eagle 1
01-08-2012, 08:26 PM
I dont think we got a real good look at what Ryan can or cannot do because of the secondary

I agree.

zebrablue2
01-08-2012, 08:48 PM

OC - Todd Haley
DC - Steve Spagnuolo

As long as JJ owns the team, about 8-8's worth!!! He does however have the best stadium in football!!!

yellaseeker
01-08-2012, 08:56 PM
After you find a GM.

Yeah, what he said!

regaleagle
01-08-2012, 09:32 PM
Jerry needs to learn from the Rangers. Look what happened to them once Nolan took over.

yellaseeker
01-08-2012, 09:47 PM
Yep, Nolan knows all aspects of the game and is a businessman as well. And, I guarantee you he doesn't put up with any bullcrap and his expectations are probably pretty damn hard to accomplish.

Txbroadcaster
01-08-2012, 10:52 PM
Yep, Nolan knows all aspects of the game and is a businessman as well. And, I guarantee you he doesn't put up with any bullcrap and his expectations are probably pretty damn hard to accomplish.

daniels is not getting enough credit..Ryan is awesome, but Daniels laid the foundation

Old Tiger
01-08-2012, 11:22 PM
Nolan didn't take over till halfway through the 2010 season

Macarthur
01-09-2012, 10:39 AM

OC - Todd Haley
DC - Steve Spagnuolo

As I think someone mentioned, Haley may not be welcome back. Not to mention, I think he's bat sh*t crazy. I'm not sure I would want him back.

And Spags is a 4-3 guy. Not gonna happen.

yellaseeker
01-09-2012, 11:19 PM
daniels is not getting enough credit..Ryan is awesome, but Daniels laid the foundation

Agreed, your right there.

yellaseeker
01-09-2012, 11:29 PM
Nolan didn't take over till halfway through the 2010 season

So does that discredit anything i said about Nolan or make J.J. a better GM/Owner? Nolan is pure class. I'd sure rather hear him in a post game interview than Jerry Jones any day. Bottom line is players respect Ryan for his play and he expects nothing less than a championship and knows what it takes. I think they will get it soon too.

Old Tiger
01-10-2012, 09:31 AM
Your going Nolan credit for stuff that was already in place. Only thing Nolan did was get Lee.

IMO if Cowboys go to a 4-3 with Spags in the first round you draft the best pass rusher and second round you go defensive tackle. A better pass rush could help out the poor secondary.

1st Round DE...Ratliff...2nd Round DT...Hatcher
Ware...Lee...Spencer
Scandrick...Sensabaugh...Elam...Jenkins

waterboy
01-10-2012, 10:10 AM
As long as we're throwing darts in the dark.........why not just bring back Jimmy Johnson as a consultant in the NFL draft. I remember some wheeling and dealing getting done in the "real" JJ days. That's what this team needs........talent, and depth of talent. Of course, things are different now than they were then, but still.......:wave:

YTBulldogs
01-10-2012, 10:11 AM
As long as we're throwing darts in the dark.........why not just bring back Jimmy Johnson as a consultant in the NFL draft. I remember some wheeling and dealing getting done in the "real" JJ days. That's what this team needs........talent, and depth of talent. Of course, things are different now than they were then, but still.......:wave:

Cause Jones thinks he knows NFL talent.

waterboy
01-10-2012, 10:19 AM
Cause Jones thinks he knows NFL talent.
Yep. I realize that.........and.........too bad he doesn't. Jerry Jones' mouth cost him a much longer dynasty. He is too egotistical to admit that he doesn't actually know NFL talent, or how to get that talent on the field. I do, however, believe he wants to win. The only thing is his EGO won't let him take a step back, and let the REAL football people do their jobs. He IS an extremely good business man, who if he would surround himself with the right "football" people, could turn this Cowboy team into what it once was........a dynasty.

Old Tiger
01-10-2012, 10:24 AM
As long as we're throwing darts in the dark.........why not just bring back Jimmy Johnson as a consultant in the NFL draft. I remember some wheeling and dealing getting done in the "real" JJ days. That's what this team needs........talent, and depth of talent. Of course, things are different now than they were then, but still.......:wave:I think Jimmy would actually be an excellent GM hire.

waterboy
01-10-2012, 10:28 AM
I think Jimmy would actually be an excellent GM hire.
Me, too, but it'll never happen.:confused: They both have egos to think about, and would butt heads all too often to get along.

Old Tiger
01-10-2012, 10:33 AM
Me, too, but it'll never happen.:confused: They both have egos to think about, and would butt heads all too often to get along.Yup....Wonder how long Jerry will wait till he realizes his techniques that worked in the 90s are no longer working....been 15 years so far...My guess is another 15.

waterboy
01-10-2012, 11:21 AM
Yup....Wonder how long Jerry will wait till he realizes his techniques that worked in the 90s are no longer working....been 15 years so far...My guess is another 15.
My guess is NEVER. He will NEVER admit that he doesn't know what it takes to put a consistent winning product on the field. His EGO will never let him do it. He is a VERY good businessman, but he is NOT a successful football personnel director / general manager. He needs to actually go out and hire true football people who are experts at spotting and developing talent. But........I doubt he will ever do that because his EGO is bigger than the man he truly is.

Admit you're not successful at being a GM, Jerry Jones! Be a man about it! You don't know everything......but you have the money to surround yourself with people who do.......so DO IT! That constant headache you deal with will go away as soon as the team becomes successful again.

yellaseeker
01-10-2012, 08:45 PM
My guess is NEVER. He will NEVER admit that he doesn't know what it takes to put a consistent winning product on the field. His EGO will never let him do it. He is a VERY good businessman, but he is NOT a successful football personnel director / general manager. He needs to actually go out and hire true football people who are experts at spotting and developing talent. But........I doubt he will ever do that because his EGO is bigger than the man he truly is.

Admit you're not successful at being a GM, Jerry Jones! Be a man about it! You don't know everything......but you have the money to surround yourself with people who do.......so DO IT! That constant headache you deal with will go away as soon as the team becomes successful again.

I'll agree with all that. AMEN!!!

Eagle 1
01-10-2012, 09:40 PM
New renovations made to Cowboy stadium after this year....

http://oi43.tinypic.com/20zcwns.jpg

Diocletian
01-10-2012, 10:42 PM
Agreed.

Might as well merge this one with the "Girls Basketball" thread. That's about the way I feel about the team right now....

Txbroadcaster
01-10-2012, 11:39 PM
Dave Campo will not be back..good move imo also Houck is retiring and they hired Bill calahan..great move IMO