PDA

View Full Version : Ok an honest question

DUKE22
01-06-2012, 03:09 AM
Now this thread is not meant to bash any universities or salute any others. The question is do you think that DUKE and NOTRE DAME cheat? Have they not been caught? Are they better at it? Or are they simply not doing it. I am bias as huge DUKE fan and I understand there plenty of DUKE haters and thats ok. I guess I honestly feel they don't. The majority of kids they get could afford to go there anyway. They are top ten in there class. Grant Hill was a valedictorian. Yes I know there is the Elton Brands, the Maggette incident and the occasional hiccup. However for the most part it seems to be the same old show. Good students, spoiled kids, great college players that graduate and fail in the pros. Notre Dame just seemed similar on the football side.

THOUGHTS.....................

bigwood33
01-06-2012, 07:21 AM
Notre Dame has been on probation twice, both times were in the '90's. The university then took a much tougher academic stance than it previously had and exerted much more internal control than they previously had been taking. Consequently, they haven't been relevant since. Far fewer basketball programs have been on probation than have football programs. There just isn't the same amount of money involved. Generally speaking, football boosters get football programs in trouble and coaches are usually the culprits in basketball (See John Calipari and Kelvin Sampson). If Duke football starts being relevant, watch out...it may just be their turn.

Phil C
01-06-2012, 08:19 AM
Notre Dame has been on probation twice, both times were in the '90's. The university then took a much tougher academic stance than it previously had and exerted much more internal control than they previously had been taking. Consequently, they haven't been relevant since. Far fewer basketball programs have been on probation than have football programs. There just isn't the same amount of money involved. Generally speaking, football boosters get football programs in trouble and coaches are usually the culprits in basketball (See John Calipari and Kelvin Sampson). If Duke football starts being relevant, watch out...it may just be their turn.

bigwood33 I admire the Catholic Church.