Brazosport HS

5A
Brazoswood HS

From Dec 9, 2010 - Dec 10, 2011

Brazosport HS 1,066 in 2010
1,005 in 2011

Brazoswood HS 2,440 in 2010
2,425 in 2011

Brazosport HS in October turned in 1,022 to the UIL for realignment this Feb 2.

They should stay 4A for at least the next two years.

Dogs_21
01-05-2012, 04:59 PM
Varsity athletics have 40 kids in it and Freshman 23!

ExScoop
01-05-2012, 09:01 PM
Who really wants to live in Freeport anymore?

Not that many businesses and not that safe from what I've heard.

I remember going there as a kid in the 1950s and 60s as a kid to visit cousins. It was a thriving town with a lot more stores. Think there was even a Woolworth store

I was there two springs ago to cover a Bay City playoff baseball game. Didn't notice about much about anything else. I know that the downtown area was pretty much closed up

The schools and facilities are in good shape. I remember when Hopper Field was a dump and in bad shape with a poor field, track, press box and bad lights and stands. Forgot when they remodeled it

Went to cover Wharton baseball team when Ships played at the old Lion's Field. Gym was also old and bad shape.

When my future wife lived in Lake Jackson in 1996-98 we would go to On The River to east. Is it still open?

Most of Dow employees live in Lake, Jackson or Clute I guess.

So I guess that's one reason why enrollment is falling- Didn't they also lay off of employees from Dow a few years ago?

LHPfactory
01-06-2012, 12:19 PM
Who really wants to live in Freeport anymore?

Not that many businesses and not that safe from what I've heard.

I remember going there as a kid in the 1950s and 60s as a kid to visit cousins. It was a thriving town with a lot more stores. Think there was even a Woolworth store

I was there two springs ago to cover a Bay City playoff baseball game. Didn't notice about much about anything else. I know that the downtown area was pretty much closed up

The schools and facilities are in good shape. I remember when Hopper Field was a dump and in bad shape with a poor field, track, press box and bad lights and stands. Forgot when they remodeled it

Went to cover Wharton baseball team when Ships played at the old Lion's Field. Gym was also old and bad shape.

When my future wife lived in Lake Jackson in 1996-98 we would go to On The River to east. Is it still open?

Most of Dow employees live in Lake, Jackson or Clute I guess.

So I guess that's one reason why enrollment is falling- Didn't they also lay off of employees from Dow a few years ago?

I grew up in Freeport and went to Bport HS back in the 80s. It was bad back then. Quite a few friends and fellas I played football with are in or went to prison, its not much different now, pretty much the armpit of brazoria county.