PDA

View Full Version : With the 14th pick the Dallas Cowboys select _____________

Cam
01-04-2012, 11:10 AM
Fill in the blank. What position and player is on your wish list??
I'm hoping for a shutdown corner....

YTBulldogs
01-04-2012, 11:21 AM
Fill in the blank. What position and player is on your wish list??
I'm hoping for a shutdown corner....

:iagree:

I'd draft, then play all the newbies in the secondary next year. As large as this world is, I find it hard they can't find players better then what they got currently. It's been this way for years too.

Macarthur
01-04-2012, 11:21 AM
I think it has to be a pass rusher or CB, IMO. Of course Free Agency starts first so it could depend on what they do there, but here's some names:

Ingram - OLB, South Carolina
Upshaw - OLB, Alabama
Mercilus - OLB, Illinois
Nick Perry - OLB, USC
Kirkpatrick - CB, Alabama
Minnifield - CB, Virginia
Jenkins - CB, N. Alabama

Pendragon13
01-04-2012, 11:22 AM
Maybe too much to ask, but I would like a CB that can not only cover, but also not afraid to take on a RB busting through the front 7. Maybe Alfonso Dennard from Nebraska? A safety would be nice as well if the best CB's are gone...maybe Mark Barron from Alabama?

Txbroadcaster
01-04-2012, 11:24 AM
draft best available not for position..if it is not there trade...I know people hate that, but wen a team drafts only for position that is when problems arise

Old Tiger
01-04-2012, 11:33 AM
draft best available not for position..if it is not there trade...I know people hate that, but wen a team drafts only for position that is when problems ariseWill there be any good FA secondary players this year?

I would say go OL again...

I'd suggest one of these guys....

Peter Konz - Center(Wisconsin)
Matt Kalil - OT(USC)
David DeCastro - OG(Stanford)
Mike Brewster - Center(tOSU)

Macarthur
01-04-2012, 11:42 AM
draft best available not for position..if it is not there trade...I know people hate that, but wen a team drafts only for position that is when problems arise

Generally, I agree, but I think the need is great at pass rusher and CB and I think there will be a couple of players that fit those needs and fit the value.

Ernest T Bass
01-04-2012, 11:44 AM
The entire A&M starting lineup. Cowgirls typically win the 2nd half. So, let the rookies play the first half(A&M is undefeated in the first half),and then the vets in the 2nd. Should go 16-0.

Macarthur
01-04-2012, 11:45 AM
Will there be any good FA secondary players this year?

I like Cortland Fennigan. He's only 28 and has an attitude - something this team sorely needs.

I would say go OL again...

I'd suggest one of these guys....

Peter Konz - Center(Wisconsin)

I like him, but 14 is too early for him. He's a late 1st early 2nd type guy.

Matt Kalil - OT(USC)

He is a top 5 pick and what do you do with Free?

David DeCastro - OG(Stanford)

He's a real good one, but I have a hard time drafting a guard that high. Plus, I watched him the other day and frankly, he was good, but did not strike me as worthy of top half of the 1st round.

Mike Brewster - Center(tOSU)

He could probably be had in the 2nd round.

Cam
01-04-2012, 12:09 PM
Maybe too much to ask, but I would like a CB that can not only cover, but also not afraid to take on a RB busting through the front 7. Maybe Alfonso Dennard from Nebraska? A safety would be nice as well if the best CB's are gone...maybe Mark Barron from Alabama?

you must have been thinkin' of Jenkins when you wrote this!...lol...

Txbroadcaster
01-04-2012, 12:38 PM
I like Cortland Fennigan. He's only 28 and has an attitude - something this team sorely needs.

I like him, but 14 is too early for him. He's a late 1st early 2nd type guy.

He is a top 5 pick and what do you do with Free?

He's a real good one, but I have a hard time drafting a guard that high. Plus, I watched him the other day and frankly, he was good, but did not strike me as worthy of top half of the 1st round.

He could probably be had in the 2nd round.

you kind of prove my point..dont reach for a position..take what is there or move down

GrTigers6
01-04-2012, 12:53 PM
you kind of prove my point..dont reach for a position..take what is there or move downKeep jenkins and elam and either draft or get by free agency a corner, safety, linebacker and offensive line, oh and an pass rusher, In what ever order you can to get the best player at the time for those positions

Cam
01-04-2012, 01:16 PM
Keep jenkins and elam and either draft or get by free agency a corner, safety, linebacker and offensive line, oh and an pass rusher, In what ever order you can to get the best player at the time for those positions

I think the Bruce Carter kid (#54) is going to turn into something @ LB. Also think O-lineman Kowalski (#60) will become a player. He's strong and should get stronger. Everything I've heard about him has been good.
I also like the young safeties especially McCray (#40). Church (#42) looks like he could help. Dallas just needs to play them....blows me away how other teams find young ones to step right in and Dallas seems to lag behind...one other kid to watch out for is newly acquired rookie safety Mana Silva (#36). He was a stud at Hawaii and could help if given a chance. Mana is not the fastest (but 4.4 is good enough) but plays hard like most crazy Hawaii/Samoan folks do.....his only problem is he needs to lift his pants up just a bit and stop showin' his butt crack.....if I were his coach, that would be enough for me to get his ass cut!!

coach
01-04-2012, 01:18 PM
Honeybadger!

Cam
01-04-2012, 01:30 PM
Honeybadger!

too many definitions for that....splain yourself!.....hope you're not callin' me names!!.......:eek::twitch:

VWG
01-04-2012, 01:38 PM
A General Manager of Football Operations

Cam
01-04-2012, 01:42 PM
A General Manager of Football Operations

well shoot...I'll take that....I think most of us could do a better job than JJ....!!!!!

now I'm goin' to lunch.....

Txbroadcaster
01-04-2012, 02:04 PM
[QUOTE=Cam;1654834]
I also like the young safeties especially McCray (#40). Church (#42) looks like he could helpQUOTE]

What has Mccray done to make you think he is anything?

coach
01-04-2012, 02:39 PM
too many definitions for that....splain yourself!.....hope you're not callin' me names!!.......:eek::twitch:

Tyrann Mathieu- DB for LSU

Cam
01-04-2012, 03:09 PM
[QUOTE=Cam;1654834]
I also like the young safeties especially McCray (#40). Church (#42) looks like he could helpQUOTE]

What has Mccray done to make you think he is anything?

In the little I've seen of him (mostly in preseason), I liked his aggressiveness especially against the run. Looks more like a LB. Has good size @ about 224 lbs. I could be wrong. Just hope they work with him to see if he is anything. Quite frankly, the Dallas secondary is awful imo....

Roughneck93
01-04-2012, 04:12 PM
I think they will go OL and draft David DeCastro, G, Stanford.

Although, I do think that CB is their top priority. They can fill that need through FA. Newman is done, Mike Jenkins was hurt all year and may need surgery on his shoulder.
Here's some FAs that will be available:
Cortland Finnegan (TEN)
Brent Grimes (ATL)
Carlos Rogers (SF)
Brandon Carr (KC)
Tracy Porter (NO) can he stay healthy?

Macarthur
01-04-2012, 04:15 PM
I think they will go OL and draft David DeCastro, G, Stanford.

Although, I do think that CB is their top priority. They can fill that need through FA. Newman is done, Mike Jenkins was hurt all year and may need surgery on his shoulder.
Here's some FAs that will be available:
Cortland Finnegan (TEN)
Brent Grimes (ATL)
Carlos Rogers (SF)
Brandon Carr (KC)
Tracy Porter (NO) can he stay healthy?

I think they ought to go after Finnegan hard. Rogers is really good but he's like 32 years old. Finnegan is only 28.

Roughneck93
01-04-2012, 04:27 PM
I think they ought to go after Finnegan hard. Rogers is really good but he's like 32 years old. Finnegan is only 28.

Finnegan would be my top choice as well, then Grimes or Carr.

Cam
01-04-2012, 04:49 PM
What kind of spending money will Jones have in 2012?

Macarthur
01-04-2012, 05:06 PM
The Cowboys should have between $20-$25 million in cap space next year. I think that's without any cuts that will most certainly be made. We're not flush with cap space buy there will be enough to fill several holes.

Roughneck93
01-04-2012, 05:06 PM
What kind of spending money will Jones have in 2012?

Somewhere is the $20 million range.

edit..beat me to it Mac.

Phil C
01-04-2012, 05:08 PM
What about RG3 if he is available? Whatever they do I hope they don't trade it. That just trades your future.

Cam
01-04-2012, 05:23 PM
What about RG3 if he is available? Whatever they do I hope they don't trade it. That just trades your future.

I'm hearing the Redskins really want RG3. Just what we need...another Cowboy killer.....