PDA

View Full Version : Sugar Bowl

turbostud
01-04-2012, 12:05 AM
Michigan wins in OT. but on the winning field goal kick the Michigan kicker took a stutter step foward before the ball was hiked. Shouldnt that have been a false start?

movethechain
01-04-2012, 12:14 AM
Thoughts on the non-TD catch as ruled by replay booth?
I thought it was good. Even the Michigan coach admitted he thought it looked good.
VT could not get out of their own way. Many missed opportunities and mistakes.
Other than the overturned TD catch by VT, Michigan stuck it out and deserved to win.
Congrats to the Wolverines.

movethechain
01-04-2012, 12:24 AM
Michigan wins in OT. but on the winning field goal kick the Michigan kicker took a stutter step foward before the ball was hiked. Shouldnt that have been a false start?

Just watched the replay(s) on SC and the Michigan kicker takes the stutter step on every field goal (all 3 of them) before the ball is snapped. Seems if it was not legal the refs had several plays to flag for it, so it must be allowable.

Old Tiger
01-04-2012, 12:32 AM
just a boring game in general.

TexMike
01-04-2012, 08:31 AM
False start on the last FG and he did same thing on the FG attempt that ended up being a pass for a 1st down near end of 2d qtr.

Phil C
01-04-2012, 05:10 PM
I thought the catch was good. I sure wish they could get an explanation on the video officials that overruled the catch.

TexMike
01-04-2012, 07:03 PM
The referee announced what the replay official determined, he ()the replay official) saw the ball move as it was touching the ground. That makes the pass incomplete.