PDA

View Full Version : My Dream Has Come True Whataburger Has Spicy Ketchup!!

Matthew328
01-03-2012, 07:28 PM
http://www.kens5.com/home/NAPKIN-NOTES-KENS-5-tests-Whataburgers-new-spicy-ketchup-136606338.html

Old Tiger
01-03-2012, 07:40 PM
good because their regular ketchup taste like crap.

Matthew328
01-03-2012, 08:46 PM
Bite your tounge....Whataburger ketchup is the nectar of the gods

Old Tiger
01-03-2012, 08:49 PM
Bite your tounge....Whataburger ketchup is the nectar of the godsa1 thick and hearty and honey BBQ chicken strip sandwich are the nectar of the gods and the rib of a man

BaseballUmp
01-03-2012, 10:24 PM
Do they have Whataburger up in Canada ay?

Matthew328
01-03-2012, 11:08 PM
No they have this burger placed called Harvey's....think Subway but for burgers

Old Tiger
01-03-2012, 11:11 PM
No they have this burger placed called Harvey's....think Subway but for burgersFudruckers?

OldNavy
01-04-2012, 08:10 AM
Will it make the information coming out of the Early Wataburger even spicier?

Old LB
01-04-2012, 08:36 AM
Will it make the information coming out of the Early Wataburger even spicier?

Not possible! The secret to all things football lurk somewhere in that place. :)

Matthew328
01-04-2012, 09:07 AM
Fudruckers?

Not quite like Fudd's...they dress the burger for you...

Matthew328
01-04-2012, 12:43 PM
I just got back from Whataburger for lunch and yes the spicy ketchup was AWESOME...I recommend it w/chicken strips

AP Panther Fan
01-04-2012, 01:06 PM
Chick Fil A has the little Heinz ketchup packages that you can peel back for dipping. They are the best.:)

defense51
01-04-2012, 01:26 PM
good because their regular ketchup taste like crap.
That's blasphemy!

hollywood
01-04-2012, 04:24 PM
I just got back from Whataburger for lunch and yes the spicy ketchup was AWESOME...I recommend it w/chicken strips

You've got me seriously thinking about trying it with supper tonight... dang you! :D

SHSBulldog00
01-04-2012, 05:37 PM
My granddad John Hall was friends with Harmon Dobson in San Antonio. Mr. Dobson is the founder of Whataburger.

Cam
01-04-2012, 05:59 PM
Chick Fil A has the little Heinz ketchup packages that you can peel back for dipping. They are the best.:)

Well that's cause Chick-Fil-A uses real chicken...I like the nuggets with ranch dressin'......

SintonFan
01-04-2012, 08:38 PM

Matt, I have always put liberal amounts of pepper on any ketchup. In fact, at restaurants, I take the top off the pepper shaker and pour pepper on top of my ketchup, then mix it all up. Is it kind of like that?
BTW, if Whataburger would sell their ketchup by the bottle at stores
I would pay $3 for a regular sized bottle any day.

lostaussie
01-04-2012, 08:54 PM
Wburger has the best ketchup in the history of freaking ketchup. THIS DISCUSSION IS OVER:D

buckeyebob
01-05-2012, 06:20 AM
Ketchup, catsup, A-1, and other condoms were invented to hide the taste of poor food...Whataburger is wonderful and requires none of the crap. We will have one in town in another month...YES.

Gsquared
01-05-2012, 09:48 AM
Ketchup, catsup, A-1, and other condoms were invented to hide the taste of poor food...Whataburger is wonderful and requires none of the crap. We will have one in town in another month...YES.
Gilmer's gettin a Whataburger?????? I can now move there if this is true!

Old Tiger
01-05-2012, 10:31 AM
Well that's cause Chick-Fil-A uses real chicken...I like the nuggets with ranch dressin'......The nuggets with buffalo sauce and ranch.

I dip my waffle fries in Chik-Fil-A sauce....next time you go to one ask for Chik-Fil-A Sauce and dip your frieds. Thank me later.

Okay okay guys maybe its the Whataburger fries that suck that make me think thats why the ketchup sucks.

hollywood
01-05-2012, 10:34 AM
I haven't had a Whataburger in months and went there last night just because of this thread about the spicy ketchup!

Went through the drive-through, ordered after double checking that they had the spicy and demanded it... got home and NO spicy ketchup in the sack!! Damn them! I feel cheated!!

Guess I've got to go back today... this isn't good for my marathon training! lol

Old Tiger
01-05-2012, 10:40 AM
I haven't had a Whataburger in months and went there last night just because of this thread about the spicy ketchup!

Went through the drive-through, ordered after double checking that they had the spicy and demanded it... got home and NO spicy ketchup in the sack!! Damn them! I feel cheated!!

Guess I've got to go back today... this isn't good for my marathon training! lolcivil suit?

hollywood
01-05-2012, 11:22 AM
civil suit?

Going in this time... it's on!

Old Tiger
01-05-2012, 11:25 AM
Going in this time... it's on!rape and pillage their spicy ketchup stash!

I might go into a Whataburger and just pick up some spicy ketchup without ordering anything or I just might order, lol

44INAROW
01-05-2012, 11:43 AM
Matt, I have always put liberal amounts of pepper on any ketchup. In fact, at restaurants, .

he said LIBERAL :1popcorn::wave:

SintonFan
01-05-2012, 11:46 AM
he said LIBERAL :1popcorn::wave:

Yes, as in "excess". :D

hollywood
01-05-2012, 12:13 PM
rape and pillage their spicy ketchup stash!

I might go into a Whataburger and just pick up some spicy ketchup without ordering anything or I just might order, lol

Now that's a thought worth pondering.. just ask for the stuff without ordering... they owe me! Then go across town for some waffle fries. Now we're talkin'.

Old Tiger
01-05-2012, 01:43 PM
A1 thick n hearty

http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i399/caseylane1987/IMAG0022.jpg

defense51
01-05-2012, 03:52 PM
Ketchup, catsup, A-1, and other condoms were invented to hide the taste of poor food...Whataburger is wonderful and requires none of the crap. We will have one in town in another month...YES.If you have to put condoms on your food to cover the true taste, then I honestly feel sorry for you! Where the hell are you eating?

hollywood
01-05-2012, 04:47 PM
A1 thick n hearty

http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i399/caseylane1987/IMAG0022.jpg

What-a-burger!!!

I tell you... I walked in to the local Whataburger, grabbed 3 spicy ketchups and told them they forgot to give them to me the night before. They looked at me funny... then drove across town for waffle fries and a chicken sandwich (chick-fil-a)... talk about good?? I do have to say the ketchup wasn't all that spicy though. Kinda disappointed really. But still good.

Roughneck93
01-05-2012, 04:54 PM
We made a Whataburger run for lunch today. Spicy ketchup wasn't bad at all. Tastes a little like cocktail sauce to me.

Emerson1
01-05-2012, 05:41 PM
Is that a burger with no cheese?

Old Tiger
01-05-2012, 05:44 PM
What-a-burger!!!

I tell you... I walked in to the local Whataburger, grabbed 3 spicy ketchups and told them they forgot to give them to me the night before. They looked at me funny... then drove across town for waffle fries and a chicken sandwich (chick-fil-a)... talk about good?? I do have to say the ketchup wasn't all that spicy though. Kinda disappointed really. But still good.Gotta appeal to a massive crowd....if its too spicy people will turn away from it.

Additup
01-05-2012, 09:15 PM
Dear Whataburger - you don't need spicy ketchup. No need to try and improve on perfection. You got bad advice - like moving corporate headquarters out of CC.

Old Tiger
01-06-2012, 02:32 AM
Dear Whataburger - you don't need spicy ketchup. No need to try and improve on perfection. You got bad advice - like moving corporate headquarters out of CC.are you kidding me? They improved it so much. You obviously havent tried it to have such a bad opinion.

Additup
01-06-2012, 03:58 AM
I tried about 5 French fries worth before I threw it away and went back to old reliable...I'm with you on Chick-fil-a sauce ~ it's gooooood!

Emerson1
01-06-2012, 11:08 AM
I hope they keep it around. It's a lot more noticeable when you eat it like I do, dipping the entire burger into the package and needing 3-4 packages for the burger alone.

AP Panther Fan
01-06-2012, 11:18 AM
You know the ONLY bad thing about Chick-Fil-A is that the iced tea never seems to get cold in the cup. They need to fix that. I finally switched from ordering sweet tea to ordering a coke...:dispntd:

waterboy
01-06-2012, 11:32 AM
One going up right across from McDonald's. Just one more fast food option in town......, although it will be better than what we have. If it's a burger at night I want, it'll either be Whataburger or Sonic. During the day it's Swanner's or Joe's Place for burgers. We have the best Sonic around, and they are the only fast food joint in town that consistently gets your order right. It's the ONLY fast food joint chain in town where I don't have to check my order before leaving the window. I hope the Whataburger has that same type of service, or my visits there will be dine-in only. How much you wanna bet that Whataburger will be packed day and night for the first year or so?

We need a real steakhouse in town, in my opinion. That would be the snitz!

ogg
01-06-2012, 11:43 AM
Whataburger with cheese and jalapenos, fries and a thick shake. No ketchup needed for me.

Old Tiger
01-06-2012, 01:32 PM
You know the ONLY bad thing about Chick-Fil-A is that the iced tea never seems to get cold in the cup. They need to fix that. I finally switched from ordering sweet tea to ordering a coke...:dispntd:ask for extra ice

Sweetwater Red
01-06-2012, 07:46 PM
Stopped by our WB, while running errands at lunch and picked up a large fry to test out the new ketchup with.

Interesting taste. Has a slight twang BBQ like flavor with a kick. Would probably have been better with chicken tenders IMO.

Old Tiger
01-06-2012, 08:13 PM
Stopped by our WB, while running errands at lunch and picked up a large fry to test out the new ketchup with.

Interesting taste. Has a slight twang BBQ like flavor with a kick. Would probably have been better with chicken tenders IMO.I think they use franks or tapatio hot sauce

Sweetwater Red
01-06-2012, 08:31 PM
I think they use franks or tapatio hot sauce

Not sure. But, speaking of hot sauces, I highly recommend the El Yucateco brand. It can be found in most most Mexican restaurants or atleast the ones I frequent in Abilene, San Antonio and Corpus and it's the real deal. Both the red and green flavors are good.

buckeyebob
01-09-2012, 06:19 AM

271 North (we can share with Pittsburg)...yep...right next to Pizza Hut...across the street from the Mexican Rest. that was shut down 'cause they were slaughtering wild hogs in the parking lot....heck, it was in the parking lot.

Now if we could get a Golden Chick...

buckeyebob
01-09-2012, 06:27 AM
If you have to put condoms on your food to cover the true taste, then I honestly feel sorry for you! Where the hell are you eating?

Condoms as in ketchup, A-1, mustard, etc....all made to hide the taste.

buckeyebob
01-09-2012, 06:31 AM
Not sure. But, speaking of hot sauces, I highly recommend the El Yucateco brand. It can be found in most most Mexican restaurants or atleast the ones I frequent in Abilene, San Antonio and Corpus and it's the real deal. Both the red and green flavors are good.

Try Albert's in the refer section...made in Kilgore.

pirate4state
01-11-2012, 02:43 PM
Try Albert's in the refer section...made in Kilgore.

REFER section ... not to be confused with REEFER :smoker: :confused:

tried the spicy ketchup ... meh ... give me the regular stuff