PDA

View Full Version : Big 12 5-1 so far this Bowl Season

Phil C
01-01-2012, 10:48 AM
I am including Missouri and the Aggies since they are officially still in the conference till in the summer and for the same reason I am not including TCU or Virginia Tech. Also Kansas State and Oklahoma State still have a game to play.

Still 5-1 is very good with possible two more. This conference has obviously been underated. And also we had good non conference teams compared to say Alabama.

coach
01-01-2012, 12:10 PM
Yea beating cal, northwestern, and Washington is a real accomplishment

Emerson1
01-01-2012, 12:16 PM
Yet if the SEC did it it would be that ol' SEC dominance.

Trying to hard brah

Phil C
01-01-2012, 02:38 PM

Indeed all three schools have had great years.

California:

In 1991 t he Bears were 10-2 and beat Clemson in the Citrus Bowl 37 to 13. Also in 1949 they were 10-1 losing only to Ohio State in a close game at the Rose Bowl 17 to 14. In 1937 the y were 10-0-1 with only a tie with Washington ruining a perfect record and ironically that was the only blemish on Washington's record. In 1920 they had an amazing 9-0 record with a victory over Ohio State in the Rose Bowl 28 to 0.:eek: Also that same year they beat a good St. Mary's team 127 to 0!!:eek:

Northwestern:

The have had some good teams. For example in 1948 the y had a fantastic record 8-2 with only two loses with one being to to ranked Notre Dame 12-7and in 1926 they had a great 7-1 record losing only 6-0 against a highly ranked Notre Dame.

Washington:

They have had great success in football. For example in 0 they had an 11-1 season only losing to Oregon 16-23. In 1884 they were 11-1 losing only to USC and in 1916 they had a good 6-0-1 with only a tie with Oregon at 0-0 the only blemish.

regaleagle
01-01-2012, 04:04 PM
Those Pac-10 tems this year are no milquetoast teams. That soph, qb for Washington, Price, is a good-un. They stuck with Baylor all nite, and if not for RG3 having a stellar performance, Baylor would have lost to this Washington team, who will be very good next year in the PAC-12, IMO. The Cal team was also better than advertised, and had the Longhorn D not had a stellar game, again, Texas may not have won this game. Cal's offense ran into a very good Texas defense for a low-scoring affair. Northwestern was a middle of the road team in the Big 10 this year, a dangerous team that could upset a favorite. Nothing wrong with these wins.

BaseballUmp
01-02-2012, 12:20 AM
I am including Missouri and the Aggies since they are officially still in the conference till in the summer and for the same reason I am not including TCU or Virginia Tech. Also Kansas State and Oklahoma State still have a game to play.

Still 5-1 is very good with possible two more. This conference has obviously been underated. And also we had good non conference teams compared to say Alabama.

Why would include Virginia Tech? Did I miss some big announcement?

lbjacj
01-02-2012, 09:17 AM
Why would include Virginia Tech? Did I miss some big announcement?

VT is joining the Big 12 along with TCU.

Black Swarm
01-02-2012, 09:26 AM
I think you mean West Virginia.