PDA

View Full Version : What are your New Year's resolutions for 2012?

Sweetwater Red
12-30-2011, 09:02 PM
2012 is two days away and I'm curious to see who is lying to themselves. :devil:

regaleagle
12-31-2011, 03:12 PM
I hate to admit it, but the same as last year...quit smoking, and get into better physical condition. Maybe this year both will happen. I did get an electronic cigarette from my son to try and quit. Nothing else has worked. We'll see how this does.

Ernest T Bass
12-31-2011, 06:26 PM
My resolution is to kick more ass!

BaseballUmp
12-31-2011, 06:29 PM
To not get mugged or shot living in Austin

bobcat1
12-31-2011, 09:13 PM
Gut loss

Manso/V8
01-01-2012, 12:31 AM
I hate to admit it, but the same as last year...quit smoking, and get into better physical condition. Maybe this year both will happen. I did get an electronic cigarette from my son to try and quit. Nothing else has worked. We'll see how this does.

regaleagle - focus on the smoking first, that is real important......I quit 12+ years ago. Everyone has something that will work for them. Allow me to share how I conquered that habit. First I switched to a brand without any additives, some of the additives are more addicting than the nicotine! At the time, I smoke Marlboro Lights and switched to Winston Lights (which supposedly didn't have additives, at least at that time)......there are other brands, like American Spirit that don't have additives. Marlboro Lights had some things in them that made you want one real bad.....I think ammonia was one of the additives. The Winston Lights helped me get over the Marlboro Lights addiction. Then I just quit cold turkey.....and stay committed. Eventually, I had no cravings for nicotine.....but BBQ still calls me!

Maybe you could go for a brisk walk or some other activity when you start craving one real bad......you could accomplish both goals at once.

Sweetwater Red
01-01-2012, 12:55 AM
My resolution is to kick more ass
!

What? Are you thinking about moving up in weight class and street fighting a sixth grader or two?

Sweetwater Red
01-01-2012, 01:02 AM

Good luck in your effort to quit smoking regal. Looks like Manso has some good advice for you.

toddg
01-01-2012, 06:37 AM
rresikf ylp sriods , y