PDA

View Full Version : TEAMS NEW TO 3A FOR 2012: Who are they and what impact do they bring ?

regaleagle
12-28-2011, 04:15 PM
I realize I am a new member of this board, but I have been following 3A DL since 2004. Please list the teams that will be joining 3A in 2012 and their impact not only on 3A, but the impact of their new posters to this board and what that historically does for this board.

MGAR
12-28-2011, 04:25 PM
I realize I am a new member of this board, but I have been following 3A DL since 2004. Please list the teams that will be joining 3A in 2012 and their impact not only on 3A, but the impact of their new posters to this board and what that historically does for this board.

Tatum

Fanbase- MGAR

Fairly strong Tatum group on the East Texas board. Not sure how many of them would come over here also. Just a guess but I'd say that there are about 6 "rockets" out of the group of Tatums.

waterboy
12-28-2011, 04:28 PM
Tatum

Fanbase- MGAR

Fairly strong Tatum group on the East Texas board. Not sure how many of them would come over here also. Just a guess but I'd say that there are about 6 "rockets" out of the group of Tatums.
Yep, they are kinda rabid over there. Especially that "Fiddlesticks" character......:stirpot:

MGAR
12-28-2011, 04:31 PM
Yep, they are kinda rabid over there. Especially that "Fiddlesticks" character......:stirpot:

lol You mean Spongebob.

Matthew328
12-28-2011, 04:32 PM
if Stephenville drops I'm sure there will be quite a few of their fans who make their way over

SHSBulldog00
12-28-2011, 04:34 PM
if Stephenville drops I'm sure there will be quite a few of their fans who make their way over

Sville is already here.

waterboy
12-28-2011, 04:36 PM
lol You mean Spongebob.
lol, yep, that's his avatar. He's a pretty funny character, and not TOO much of a homer like some of them Tatum folks. If we don't get to play y'all this year it'll be a shame not being able to trade barbs with them folks.....:crying:

MGAR
12-28-2011, 04:38 PM
lol, yep, that's his avatar. He's a pretty funny character, and not TOO much of a homer like some of them Tatum folks. If we don't get to play y'all this year it'll be a shame not being able to trade barbs with them folks.....:crying:

I know the feeling. But not much else to talk about when Tatum and Gilmer play... unless Gilmer folk's got a few new teeth or something. :stirpot:

regaleagle
12-28-2011, 05:05 PM
In Region II, we have Krum, Melissa, and Kilgore that will be new to 3A. I'm not sure what the fanbases for Melissa and Krum are like. Probably like Dr Jekyl (Melissa) and Mr. Hyde(Krum). Two opposites with Melissa empowered over its banner year, and Krum not knowing what to expect with being a relatively new football community. Now Kilgore, that's a whole different animal with a vast amount of playoff history and success. The East Texas contingent could tell us more about their fanbase, the size of the town, and its posters. And what about their team upcoming for 2012? Will they be contenders for a district and regional title?

MGAR
12-28-2011, 05:12 PM
In Region II, we have Krum, Melissa, and Kilgore that will be new to 3A. I'm not sure what the fanbases for Melissa and Krum are like. Probably like Dr Jekyl (Melissa) and Mr. Hyde(Krum). Two opposites with Melissa empowered over its banner year, and Krum not knowing what to expect with being a relatively new football community. Now Kilgore, that's a whole different animal with a vast amount of playoff history and success. The East Texas contingent could tell us more about their fanbase, the size of the town, and its posters. And what about their team upcoming for 2012? Will they be contenders for a district and regional title?

IMO, Kilgore will be so-so.. They are losing a good bit of talent. The JV group was pretty weak as well.

They DO return a stud linebacker that I like- A.J. Davis, remember the name.

I see them being able to make the playoffs in 3A assuming they get put in a district that is good for them but don't see them going no more than a round or two.

Nice size town.. Fan base is full of bangwagoners.. Doubtful many of them will be over here.

regaleagle
12-28-2011, 05:29 PM
I assume you mean "bandwagoners", not "bangwagoners". Unless that's a new term I'm not famaliar with. :twitch:

MGAR
12-28-2011, 05:31 PM
I assume you mean "bandwagoners", not "bangwagoners". Unless that's a new term I'm not famaliar with. :twitch:

LMAO... I just caught that...

That's for another site G2 told me about the other day.

regaleagle
12-28-2011, 05:39 PM
Oh, Ok. I thought maybe it was a new way to celebrate a win by jumping in the wagon and banging somebody, LOL. :inlove:

waterboy
12-28-2011, 05:44 PM
I know the feeling. But not much else to talk about when Tatum and Gilmer play... unless Gilmer folk's got a few new teeth or something. :stirpot:
Hey! I'll have you know most of the people in Gilmer have 32 teeth! Of course, they may be dentures, but who cares? By the way, I don't have 32 teeth. Don't make me have to take my shoes off to count them, please. Okay?:wave:

By the way, I heard how Tadumb came up with the green colored uniforms........

They match their gaing green teeth,.......or what they have left of them after working in the mines.....:stirpot: Some of them Tadumb folks are so dumb they wait all day at the stop signs and trip over cordless phones.

Ernest T Bass
12-28-2011, 05:44 PM
Oh, Ok. I thought maybe it was a new way to celebrate a win by jumping in the wagon and banging somebody, LOL. :inlove:

That's how I celebrate everything.

GrTigers6
12-28-2011, 05:48 PM
Sville is already here.Just a few!, Im sure there will be a ton more,:D

SintonFan_inAustin
12-28-2011, 06:47 PM
Kingsville.............Softball is their best sport.

SHSBulldog00
12-28-2011, 07:03 PM
Kingsville.............Softball is their best sport.

That will give D 29 a new opponent in the softball playoffs

MGAR
12-29-2011, 09:11 AM
Hey! I'll have you know most of the people in Gilmer have 32 teeth! Of course, they may be dentures, but who cares? By the way, I don't have 32 teeth. Don't make me have to take my shoes off to count them, please. Okay?:wave:

By the way, I heard how Tadumb came up with the green colored uniforms........

They match their gaing green teeth,.......or what they have left of them after working in the mines.....:stirpot: Some of them Tadumb folks are so dumb they wait all day at the stop signs and trip over cordless phones.

Could be worse.. Tatum could bring back their orange uniforms.

CelinaCatFan
12-29-2011, 10:06 AM
Could be worse.. Tatum could bring back their orange uniforms.

Orange uniforms are the best look! :cheerl: :1popcorn:

Matthew328
12-29-2011, 10:14 AM
I love amount of teeth smack...pure hilarity ensues...

waterboy
12-29-2011, 10:33 AM
I love amount of teeth smack...pure hilarity ensues...
HEY! You makin' fun of me??:twitch:

Yep, it's fun to make fun of each other. It's all in good fun.:wave:

Ernest T Bass
12-29-2011, 11:33 AM
Tatum had orange uniforms? I wanna see pics!

MGAR
12-29-2011, 11:42 AM
Tatum had orange uniforms? I wanna see pics!

I gotta do some digging. It was back in the day, few years before Larry Horton and Larry Centers.

Ernest T Bass
12-29-2011, 11:46 AM
Is orange even part of the color scheme? Ive NEVER seen anything related to Tatum that had orange in it.

MGAR
12-29-2011, 11:52 AM
Is orange even part of the color scheme? Ive NEVER seen anything related to Tatum that had orange in it.

It was a part of it back then. Only a few years.

waterboy
12-29-2011, 12:12 PM
It was a part of it back then. Only a few years.
How long ago was that? It seems I remember their uniforms being similar to those of Mineola, but my memory fades........

What was I saying......:)

cowboyandchrist
01-02-2012, 11:28 AM
How long ago was that? It seems I remember their uniforms being similar to those of Mineola, but my memory fades........

What was I saying......:)
Coach Blount 1965, his son was the Q/B and he was a big time Longhorn fan. He convinced the school board some how, we still don't how he did it. We were orange for two years and then back to green when Blount left. Only us old timers can remember. It was a bad look for the Eagles, but the new pale green uniforms we switched to last year are no better. I like the dark green with black and white in them we had.

regaleagle
01-02-2012, 04:14 PM
I know Tatum lost their coach last year to Paris. Then this year, with their new coach, they did make the playoffs, but did not go as deep as expected. Will Tatum be that competitive this year moving up to 3A in their new district? Playing weekly against 3A quality opponents is a little different than all season in 2A.

coachc45
01-02-2012, 04:26 PM
I know Tatum lost their coach last year to Paris. Then this year, with their new coach, they did make the playoffs, but did not go as deep as expected. Will Tatum be that competitive this year moving up to 3A in their new district? Playing weekly against 3A quality opponents is a little different than all season in 2A.
Daingerfield lost their coach to Paris, not Tatum...they still have Andy Evans at the helm and he is a goodun!

regaleagle
01-02-2012, 06:04 PM
Yes, you are right, it was Dangerfield, wasn't it. Still, the question is whether Tatum will be able to jump classes and compete with the 3A teams on a weekly basis competitively like they have in 2A over in their new 3A district? What were the enrolllment numbers, and what kind of offense do they run? I imagine most of the better athletes play both ways, huh? When Argyle jumped up, we had a 7-5 season our first year, still making the playoffs. Then it has been an upward march since then, with relatively the same 600-650 enrollment. Clearly not even close to the 999 cut-off number. So we have competed well in 3A for our short existence of 6 seasons, made the playoffs every year, and are 36-4 in our last 3 yrs in Region 2 where the state champs came from, except this year, when WE were the team at the finals.

cowboyandchrist
01-03-2012, 10:17 PM
Daingerfield lost their coach to Paris. We still have Andy Evans. We made it to the semi finals this year and got beat 21 to 14. We will not be as good next year as this year, we lose quite a few seniors. The 8th and 9th grade teams will bring us back to the promise land. That group will be or I should say has the promise to be better than the 2005 3a state champs when they are juniors and seniors. There are five kids in that group with NFL dads and uncles in the blood line. Larry Centers (ST Louis Cardinals)and Pats) Larry Horton (Bears) Larry Hodge (Cowboys) and Travien Smith(Okland Radiers). Some of the freshmen moved up during the plaoffs and started on defense. We will be one of the smallest 3a teams in the State. We turned in 448 or 454 I believe. The next two years will be hard for us with Henderson, Kilgore, and Carthage in the same district.

MGAR
01-03-2012, 10:24 PM
Daingerfield lost their coach to Paris. We still have Andy Evans. We made it to the semi finals this year and got beat 21 to 14. We will not be as good next year as this year, we lose quite a few seniors. The 8th and 9th grade teams will bring us back to the promise land. That group will be or I should say has the promise to be better than the 2005 3a state champs when they are juniors and seniors. There are five kids in that group with NFL dads and uncles in the blood line. Larry Centers (ST Louis Cardinals)and Pats) Larry Horton (Bears) Larry Hodge (Cowboys) and Travien Smith(Okland Radiers). Some of the freshmen moved up during the plaoffs and started on defense. We will be one of the smallest 3a teams in the State. We turned in 448 or 454 I believe. The next two years will be hard for us with Henderson, Kilgore, and Carthage in the same district.

Few things..

You left off Redskins and Bills for Centers.

Never heard of Larry Hodge.

MGAR
01-03-2012, 10:27 PM
Yes, you are right, it was Dangerfield, wasn't it. Still, the question is whether Tatum will be able to jump classes and compete with the 3A teams on a weekly basis competitively like they have in 2A over in their new 3A district? What were the enrolllment numbers, and what kind of offense do they run? I imagine most of the better athletes play both ways, huh? When Argyle jumped up, we had a 7-5 season our first year, still making the playoffs. Then it has been an upward march since then, with relatively the same 600-650 enrollment. Clearly not even close to the 999 cut-off number. So we have competed well in 3A for our short existence of 6 seasons, made the playoffs every year, and are 36-4 in our last 3 yrs in Region 2 where the state champs came from, except this year, when WE were the team at the finals.

Tatum competed well before when they were 3A.

Will be learning curve for sure next season. Not saying they will suck but will take some lumps.

movethechain
01-03-2012, 11:21 PM
Few things..

You left off Redskins and Bills for Centers.

Never heard of Larry Hodge.

Yeah, "Larry" Hodge was like trying to catch a greased pig in high school. As a Quarterback he made the defense really work hard to get a win away from Tatum. He was a beast on defense for TCU. Maybe "Larry" is his middle name, but I think we know and remember him as Stephen Hodge.